Jan 14 - Florida bill would allow cameras in classrooms and microphones on teachers

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x2   |  0 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 days ago '11        #1
777 page views
33 comments

SomeOnesoN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 18722 18 K  Slaps total: 2636 2 K
Jan 14 - Florida bill would allow cameras in classrooms and microphones on teachers

Florida lawmakers are debating a bill that would allow schools districts to put cameras in classrooms and microphones on teachers.

The measure was proposed by state Representative Bob Rommel, a Republican from Naples.

"I think if we can do it in a safe way to protect the privacy of students and teachers, I think we should do it," he told CBS Miami. "I haven't heard a response good or bad from any teachers, but … it's not their private space. It's our children's space, too."

"That is happening right now," she said, though under limited circumstances.

According to the Broward County Public Schools website, parents of a student can request that a camera system with visual and audio capability be placed in a classroom if the student has a disability and is an individualized program in which the majority of students has a disability. That's permitted under Florida House Bill 149, which was passed in July.

"Everything that happens in the classroom is monitored, watched and heard all day. There is absolutely zero privacy for anybody, even when … the teacher needs to do a parent-conference on the phone," Fusco said.

She says it's not necessary to video monitor educators at work.

"It's not in every classroom. Not every parent has exercised that right. We have parents that don't want that. It's kind of two-fold.

"If one parent wants it, the camera goes in the room. If the other 10 parents don't want it, they don't have a say," she said.
Florida state Representative Bob Rommel, a Republican from Naples.

"It can be looked at any time. We don't know how they're going to keep in in record, so they never get that piece out. And also the funding -- there is no funding," Fusco said.

However, should there be a window into a student's classroom in the first place?

"You want to play Big Brother every moment? That's not how society should be. We need to get back to where we have trust, we have value, we have faith and we have conversations and we can work things out if something happens," Fusco said.

She warns that the proposal could discourage even more people from turning to teaching in Florida.

visit this link https://www.cbsnews.com/n .. s-on-teachers/

The party of small government, ladies and gentlemen.
+8   

best
worst
33 comments

3 days ago '06        #2
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 96683 96 K  Slaps total: 18005 18 K
Lol so that they can chill free speech?
+4   

3 days ago '06        #3
avp77 
Props total: 1212 1 K  Slaps total: 495 495
This sh*t is just dumb at this point.
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 days ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 198958 198 K  Slaps total: 15091 15 K
Sounds like the pro freedom party is wanting anti freedom Chinese communist tactics.
+17   

3 days ago '06        #5
d4deesnuts 
Props total: 11326 11 K  Slaps total: 1165 1 K
If this happens, every teacher will just go by the book and be boring as fu*k.
+1   

3 days ago '14        #6
DavidAames  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30511 30 K  Slaps total: 1291 1 K
This is insane (not in a bad or good way), just insane cuz two days ago i was Just telling wifey i would Love to see how our kids act in school lol saying imagine they had cameras n sh*t and through an app the parents can view their children lol

And now i read This… lol
+1   

3 days ago '05        #7
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 51201 51 K  Slaps total: 17121 17 K
If the bill passes, I'll be among the first to listen to whatever retardation that @ is teaching to his classes in those Florida classrooms.

3 days ago '08        #8
Lot17 
Props total: 5990 5 K  Slaps total: 1180 1 K
Am I reading this wrong? It says that it's for children with disabilities. I don't see the problem here, most kids that are disabled can't speak or express what has happened to them during the school day. How they're talked to by their educators ect. I don't see the issue here , it's to protect the children without a voice
+11   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 days ago '17        #9
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 198958 198 K  Slaps total: 15091 15 K
 d4deesnuts said
If this happens, every teacher will just go by the book and be boring as fu*k.
But whose books would they be forced to go by is the real question we should be asking.

+1   

3 days ago '07        #10
acwmich 
Props total: 3248 3 K  Slaps total: 971 971
Why the hell shouldnt i be able to here or see inside my childrens class??
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 days ago '21        #11
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9285 9 K  Slaps total: 9353 9 K
NO different than classrooms being recorded online for kids to view after if they missed class
+1   

3 days ago '19        #12
JBigDawg  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 6618 6 K  Slaps total: 1518 1 K
Why would this be a bad thing? I would approve just to be aware of the classrooms climate

Nowadays a lot of elementary/high school teachers be promoting outrageous things like LGBTQ

Last edited by JBigDawg; 01-14-2022 at 07:55 PM..
+4   

3 days ago '17        #13
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 114868 114 K  Slaps total: 4798 4 K
 Lot17 said
Am I reading this wrong? It says that it's for children with disabilities. I don't see the problem here, most kids that are disabled can't speak or express what has happened to them during the school day. How they're talked to by their educators ect. I don't see the issue here , it's to protect the children without a voice
That's how it starts....
+2   

3 days ago '17        #14
Skrr 
Props total: 3263 3 K  Slaps total: 398 398
Wow livestreams of kids from a GOP controlled state...I wonder who the audience for that could be
+7   

3 days ago '05        #15
TKO420 
Props total: 5018 5 K  Slaps total: 302 302
Gotta move like there's cameras everywhere
+1   

3 days ago '06        #16
cleavon15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 4022 4 K  Slaps total: 749 749
 DaQCKing said
That's how it starts....
Started…my son’s daycare has cameras.

WatchMeGrow is the app.

Only suggestion I have is that the activation of the camera(s) needs to be unanimous.
+1   

3 days ago '13        #17
vandalizm 
Props total: 16042 16 K  Slaps total: 1998 1 K
Which republican(s) pushing this owns the surveillance company providing the cameras and audio equipment?
+3   

3 days ago '13        #18
vandalizm 
The party of small government lol

If it wasn’t for double standard republican pieces of sh*t wouldn’t have any
+2   

3 days ago '13        #19
vandalizm 
fu*k dems too btw they ain’t sh*t either but republicans are nothing but devils would have minority’s as slaves if they could
+2   

3 days ago '17        #20
HH080 
Props total: 6027 6 K  Slaps total: 469 469
 Lot17 said
Bx dont read man.
+1   

3 days ago '04        #21
skillahmang 
Props total: 61873 61 K  Slaps total: 12540 12 K
A grand smh

3 days ago '20        #22
Oxx 
Props total: 8120 8 K  Slaps total: 948 948
So many things wrong with this picture, y'all see the hypocrisy here right? Republicans always crying and yelling that Dems trample on our rights, yet they wanna put big brother in the classrooms, overturn a woman's right to her fu*king body and wasn't Erwin Rommel, Hitler's general in Africa?
Someone look into this man's background and see if that's this man's great grandpa or something..... fu*kin republicans always gaslighting motherfu*kers
+4   

3 days ago '17        #23
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x179
Props total: 116289 116 K  Slaps total: 26626 26 K
 Lot17 said
Most of those kids with disabilities are up here on Boxden asking for lists because they can’t read paragraphs or find the play button to non world star videos

3 days ago '17        #24
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x179
Props total: 116289 116 K  Slaps total: 26626 26 K
 JBigDawg said
Why would this be a bad thing? I would approve just to be aware of the classrooms climate

Nowadays a lot of elementary/high school teachers be promoting outrageous things like LGBTQ
Just as outrageous as racial marriages
+1   

3 days ago '11        #25
SomeOnesoN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 18722 18 K  Slaps total: 2636 2 K
 JBigDawg said

You make a good point here. I've seen these kinds of videos and it's definitely repulsive.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  26
Video inside Have you PROFITED more than $5,000 in Crypto?
90 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+216online now  21
Image(s) inside Damn yo... Seems like this is becoming a common thing. Sad.
234 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-73online now  20
The queen needs a fine a*s Latin lover
363 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  16
Video inside So this is the type is sh-t they're doing in church now