‘Justified’ Revival Set at FX With Timothy Olyphant Returning

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 days ago '07        #1
514 page views
20 comments

Ham Rove  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 51194 51 K  Slaps total: 2790 2 K
‘Justified’ Revival Set at FX With Timothy Olyphant Returning

A revival of “Justified” has been ordered to series at FX, with Timothy Olyphant set to reprise the role of U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens.

Variety exclusively reported that the project was in the works in March 2021. The new iteration of the drama series is inspired by the Elmore Leonard novel “City Primeval: High Noon in Detroit.” Leonard created the character of Givens, who appeared in several of the author’s novels and the novella “Fire in the Hole,” the latter of which served as the basis for “Justified.”

Officially titled “Justified: City Primeval,” the new show picks up with Givens eight years after he left Kentucky behind. He now lives in Miami, a walking anachronism balancing his life as a U.S. Marshal and part-time father of a 14-year-old girl. His hair is grayer, his hat is dirtier, and the road in front of him is suddenly a lot shorter than the road behind. A chance encounter on a desolate Florida highway sends him to Detroit. There he crosses paths with Clement Mansell, aka The Oklahoma Wildman, a violent, sociopathic desperado who’s already slipped through the fingers of Detroit’s finest once and aims to do so again. Mansell’s lawyer, formidable Motor City native Carolyn Wilder, has every intention of representing her client, even as she finds herself caught in between cop and criminal, with her own game afoot as well.

Dave Andron and Michael Dinner will serve as writers, showrunners, and executive producers on the new series, with Dinner directing. Olyphant will executive produce in addition to starring. “Justified” creator Graham Yost executive produces along with Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly, Peter Leonard, Taylor Elmore, and Chris Provenzano, with Elmore and Provenzano also writing for the show. Walter Mosley is consulting producer, while V.J. Boyd, Eisa Davis and Ingrid Escajeda are writers. The series will be produced by Sony Pictures Television and FX Productions. Sony originally produced “Justified.”

“’Justified’ was one of the most critically acclaimed shows of the past decade and an adaption of Elmore Leonard’s work that was so colorfully brought to life by Timothy Olyphant as Raylan Givens, Graham Yost and the entire team of producers, writers, directors and cast,” said Eric Schrier, president of FX Entertainment. “To have this group come together again with Tim as Raylan in a new and different Elmore Leonard story is thrilling. I want to thank our showrunners Dave and Michael, and their fellow executive producers Tim, Graham, Sarah and Carl, the Elmore Leonard estate as well as our partners at Sony Pictures Television, for making this possible.”

“Justified” ultimately aired six seasons and 78 episodes on FX from 2010-2015. The show was a critical hit from the outset, netting eight Emmy nominations across its six seasons, including one for Olyphant for best actor in a drama in 2011. Character actress Margo Martindale took home an Emmy for best guest actress in a drama in 2011, while Jeremy Davies got one for best guest actor in 2012. The show also won a Peabody Award in 2011.

“When ‘Justified’ concluded, the love and affection for this exceptional series only grew and left audiences craving more Raylan Givens,” said Sony Pictures Television co-presidents Jeff Frost and Jason Clodfelter. “The iconic Elmore Leonard was one of the premier authors of our time and no one has quite captured his tone and authenticity as well as this Justified team. We look forward to experiencing the magic again of Tim, Graham, Dave, Michael and our preeminent executive producer team. We are so thrilled to be continuing this remarkable ride with our partners at FX.”

This now marks the second time Olyphant has returned to a lawman character in the past few years. In 2019, HBO released a two-hour “Deadwood” movie followup, with Olyphant reprising the role of Seth Bullock. He also appeared as the character Cobb Vanth in Disney Plus’ “The Mandalorian,” who was referred to as “The Marshall.”
visit this link https://variety.com/2022/ .. nt-1235154475/
+11   

best
worst
20 comments

3 days ago '08        #2
SlickJ101 
Props total: 16893 16 K  Slaps total: 3933 3 K
Ehhhh. Gonna be less interested if no Walton Goggins.
+1   

3 days ago '12        #3
kej718 
Props total: 11564 11 K  Slaps total: 755 755
They bringing everything back. Just finished watching Dexter.
+1   

3 days ago '10        #4
kawgre12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 40916 40 K  Slaps total: 2351 2 K
You can't bring this sh*t back without Boyd Crowder
+5   

3 days ago '17        #5
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 21111 21 K  Slaps total: 1908 1 K
 SlickJ101 said
My man, you don’t know that.

They intentionally left if he’s gonna be in it or not. Either cause maybe there in talks or want to keep it a surprise. After all his character never died.

I’m actually impressed and shocked they brought this back! It’s been in my top 5 shows of all time since the first season.
+3   

3 days ago '05        #6
HiRolliN 
Props total: 7424 7 K  Slaps total: 408 408
dont know how to fell about this if goggins doesnt at lease make a cameo
+1   

3 days ago '08        #7
SlickJ101 
 THExTAKEOVER said

They intentionally left if he’s gonna be in it or not. Either cause maybe there in talks or want to keep it a surprise. After all his character never died.

I’m actually impressed and shocked they brought this back! It’s been in my top 5 shows of all time since the first season.
They said it's set in Miami soooo lol
+1   

3 days ago '17        #8
THExTAKEOVER 
 SlickJ101 said
They said it's set in Miami soooo lol
I’ve been misdirected a lot in my life. But if they said that I still think they’re lying.

The chemistry beteeen the two alone and with each other was lightning in a bottle.

Not only that but Walton goggins unknown to EVERYONE was about to have his own show ( being the main star) either on nbc or cbs about him trying to find a date.

I’m pretty sure that show failed, so he’d be ready for whatever project came his way.

Last edited by THExTAKEOVER; 01-14-2022 at 06:06 PM..

3 days ago '04        #9
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 43710 43 K  Slaps total: 3354 3 K
So if in Miami is it a prequel?
Cause he left Miami to go back to KY in the beginning

3 days ago '05        #10
HiRolliN 
Props total: 7424 7 K  Slaps total: 408 408
 NAKHI ALLAH said
So if in Miami is it a prequel?
Cause he left Miami to go back to KY in the beginning
it picks up 8 years after the series finale
+1   

3 days ago '15        #11
aftrmath 
Props total: 2216 2 K  Slaps total: 65 65
Y'all beat me to it, but hope Boyd will be in this.
+1   

3 days ago '07        #12
vikvon 
Props total: 2613 2 K  Slaps total: 63 63
This was an underrated show and is definitely one of the best shows that actually stuck the landing.

Love to hear it’s coming back but we definitely need Boyd in some capacity. Even if it’s just a cameo or two.
+3   

3 days ago '16        #13
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 46617 46 K  Slaps total: 4814 4 K
Show was good but it ran its course.

3 days ago '04        #14
dat_boi_tj 
Props total: 4779 4 K  Slaps total: 281 281
Lets go!

3 days ago '21        #15
Kierris  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 12587 12 K  Slaps total: 2776 2 K
 SlickJ101 said
 kawgre12 said
You can't bring this sh*t back without Boyd Crowder
 THExTAKEOVER said

HiRolliN said
dont know how to fell about this if goggins doesnt at lease make a cameo
 aftrmath said
Y'all beat me to it, but hope Boyd will be in this.
 vikvon said
This was an underrated show and is definitely one of the best shows that actually stuck the landing.

Love to hear it’s coming back but we definitely need Boyd in some capacity. Even if it’s just a cameo or two.
Walton Goggins is focused on other things right now ..

3 days ago '04        #16
tnice 
Props total: 22228 22 K  Slaps total: 798 798
don't do this ,show was a classic. please leave well enough alone

3 days ago '17        #17
THExTAKEOVER 
 Kierris said

Eww… bro from Mississippi too.
Dem country boys ain’t finna like what there ol brother Walt is up to :/

2 days ago '21        #18
 THExTAKEOVER said
Eww… bro from Mississippi too.
Dem country boys ain’t finna like what there ol brother Walt is up to :/
He was born in Alabama and grew up in Atlanta. Please don't include Mississippi in this.
+1   

2 days ago '08        #19
SlickJ101 
 Kierris said

Harming your self-esteem?

2 days ago '21        #20
 SlickJ101 said
Harming your self-esteem?
What do you mean brother?

2 days ago '17        #21
THExTAKEOVER 
 Kierris said
He was born in Alabama and grew up in Atlanta. Please don't include Mississippi in this.
My bad. I knew it was one of them southern states.

I’m an east coaster so I gotta certain bias. Seeing as you feel some way you might be part of the state.

So I apologize. In reality I haven’t met a person yet from MS that hasn’t treated me with the utmost respect.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  26
Video inside Have you PROFITED more than $5,000 in Crypto?
90 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+216online now  21
Image(s) inside Damn yo... Seems like this is becoming a common thing. Sad.
234 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-73online now  20
The queen needs a fine a*s Latin lover
363 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  16
Video inside So this is the type is sh-t they're doing in church now