Jan 14 - Study: Cannabis compounds prevent coronavirus entering cells

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 days ago '05        #1
2508 page views
84 comments

phantomnation  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 88682 88 K  Slaps total: 6869 6 K
Jan 14 - Study: Cannabis compounds prevent coronavirus entering cells

Compounds in cannabis are able to block SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, from entering cells, according to a study published this week by researchers at Oregon State University and Oregon Health & Science University.

The compounds found in hemp — cannabigerolic acid (CBGA) and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA) — were identified during a chemical screening effort as having potential to combat coronavirus, the study said.

In the study — published Monday in the Journal of Nature Products — the researchers found that the cannabis compounds bound to spike proteins on the virus, and blocked a step the pathogen uses to infect people.

The researchers tested the effects of the compounds against the alpha and beta variants of COVID-19 in a lab, and did not compare infection rates in people who use the compounds to those who don’t.

Hemp is a source of fiber, and extracts can be used in cosmetics, body lotions, food, and industrial products such as rope, textiles, clothing, and insulation.

"These compounds can be taken orally and have a long history of safe use in humans,” said Richard van Breemen, a researcher with Oregon State’s Global Hemp Innovation Center, according to Bloomberg.

“They have the potential to prevent as well as treat infection by SARS-CoV-2,” he added.

visit this link https://www.forbes.com/si .. h=1cea75531753
+16   

best
worst
84 comments

3 days ago '10        #2
REG773 
Props total: 40848 40 K  Slaps total: 9416 9 K
Lol heavy smokers (of weed) not getting covid like that

I already knew/noticed this
+48   

3 days ago '21        #3
BeastModeBoy 
Props total: 6835 6 K  Slaps total: 351 351
I smoke heavily and thought I was good being that everyone in my house tested positive except me.......until today. Tested positive earlier this morning
+34   

3 days ago '17        #4
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x47
Props total: 106001 106 K  Slaps total: 31310 31 K
Cannabis a cure all

Body mind and soul

Like anything else, dont abuse it.
+34   

3 days ago '10        #5
mlim420 
Props total: 1433 1 K  Slaps total: 185 185
Cbd
+3   

3 days ago '17        #6
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 92534 92 K  Slaps total: 34204 34 K
I said we been had the vaccine and y’all laughed at me
+15   

3 days ago '21        #7
Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8563 8 K  Slaps total: 2714 2 K

+49   

3 days ago '15        #8
PineappleOG 
Props total: 44666 44 K  Slaps total: 8580 8 K
I have cannabutter in my coffee everyday, must be how I have avoided rona til now, fully vaxxed but go to gym every day and never wear mask there.
+7   

3 days ago '16        #9
Fumo 
Props total: 5742 5 K  Slaps total: 577 577
 BeastModeBoy said
I smoke heavily and thought I was good being that everyone in my house tested positive except me.......until today. Tested positive earlier this morning
Smoking won't cut it. If you read the article it mentions high concentration cannabis like wax or tinctures. Bud doesn't have a high concentration and you end up burning up alot of those important compounds.

You can buy cbg here

+3   

3 days ago '11        #10
PotheadFocker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 33098 33 K  Slaps total: 3799 3 K
Dub

3 days ago '05        #11
16jan87 
Props total: 1552 1 K  Slaps total: 171 171
 BeastModeBoy said
B strong bro I was in the exact same position last week.. everyone in my house got it twice before I got it once but I can say the good part was I had no symptoms at all but I still quarantined for others safety until I tested negative it only took 4 days to test negative. I’m praying for you a speedy recovery
+13   

3 days ago '04        #12
ddash 
Props total: 61324 61 K  Slaps total: 4666 4 K
Excuses for Junkies

3 days ago '16        #13
EastBay Mufasa 
Props total: 18623 18 K  Slaps total: 5840 5 K
Whats that? Cannibus prevents the common cold?

Covid virus has never been isolated?

Last edited by EastBay Mufasa; 01-14-2022 at 04:20 PM..

3 days ago '05        #14
precys  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 23312 23 K  Slaps total: 2490 2 K
Another day, same thread

+16   

3 days ago '06        #15
itzadirtyworld 
Props total: 6491 6 K  Slaps total: 2064 2 K
 PineappleOG said
I have cannabutter in my coffee everyday, must be how I have avoided rona til now, fully vaxxed but go to gym every day and never wear mask there.
the vaxx gave you a bug you cant get rid of

3 days ago '18        #16
GreenThumb 
Props total: 99 99  Slaps total: 18 18
Want to agree but this is False, My grow partner tested positive yesterday (Thursday) after feeling sick since Tuesday. He's Un vaccinated and going through it, says its hitting way harder than the Flu. We both smoke heavy (5-7 grams a day), I got the J&J in May but went and got a booster after he tested positive. Thing I think saved me from getting it was he wore a mask when we worked together and we work in well ventilated grow rooms with constant air exchanges.

Sunset Runtz #4

+17   

3 days ago '15        #17
PineappleOG 
Props total: 44666 44 K  Slaps total: 8580 8 K
 itzadirtyworld said
the vaxx gave you a bug you cant get rid of
You mean improved my 5G on my phone
+9   

3 days ago '06        #18
fallguy 
Props total: 3440 3 K  Slaps total: 74 74
scientists said this about 2-3 months into the pandemic. weed makes it harder for covid to get pass your receptors.....
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 days ago '21        #19
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9283 9 K  Slaps total: 9342 9 K
junkies rejoicing smh

3 days ago '15        #20
PolygonMafia 
Props total: 16800 16 K  Slaps total: 1350 1 K
This is a cell culture study. I like weed and make my living off of it, but this is being made out to be more than it is.

Plus most smokers don't smoke much CBGa or CBDa because the carboxylic acid cleaves off during pyrolysis leaving it just as CBG or CBD. Not to mention in most strains people smoke these are less than 0.5% of the weight as they are bred for high THC. You'd need to be eating raw ethanol extract off of non-psychoactive hemp to be utilizing what the study is talking about.
+13   

3 days ago '04        #21
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 27136 27 K  Slaps total: 4026 4 K
Been smoking the whole time it's my secret vaccination . Wonder if the vaxxers anti vaxxers and the in middle folks can agree on this except that salty dude awwww or whatever his name is
+2   

3 days ago '04        #22
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 27136 27 K  Slaps total: 4026 4 K
 PolygonMafia said
This is a cell culture study. I like weed and make my living off of it, but this is being made out to be more than it is.

Plus most smokers don't smoke much CBGa or CBDa because the carboxylic acid cleaves off during pyrolysis leaving it just as CBG or CBD. Not to mention in most strains people smoke these are less than 0.5% of the weight as they are bred for high THC. You'd need to be eating raw ethanol extract off of non-psychoactive hemp to be utilizing what the study is talking about.
Thanks for the clarity! So when I'm making pols and butter does the potency of those things gain?

3 days ago '12        #23
The Consultant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 58685 58 K  Slaps total: 3611 3 K
 REG773 said
Lol heavy smokers (of weed) not getting covid like that

I already knew/noticed this
And I've noticed plenty of dudes who smoke on the regular get it, some multiple times.

PolygonMafia said

Exactly, good post bruh. Reading comprehension is fundamental. A lot sh*t people read at face value without actually understanding the underlining meaning.

Last edited by The Consultant; 01-14-2022 at 04:09 PM..
+8   

3 days ago '15        #24
Mexicanelvis 
Props total: 13492 13 K  Slaps total: 736 736
no wonder my wife had it worse than me
+1   

3 days ago '18        #25
Sandyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 60357 60 K  Slaps total: 11684 11 K
that bi*ch a*s that hate weed going to come in hating
+9   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-71online now  29
The queen needs a fine a*s Latin lover
357 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+214online now  24
Image(s) inside Damn yo... Seems like this is becoming a common thing. Sad.
230 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  20
Video inside So this is the type is sh-t they're doing in church now
124 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  18
Video inside Have you PROFITED more than $5,000 in Crypto?
87 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy