James Bond Boss: ‘I Don’t Think a Woman Should Play James Bond'

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
1699 page views
59 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x133
Props total: 156193 156 K  Slaps total: 6460 6 K
James Bond Boss: ‘I Don’t Think a Woman Should Play James Bond'

"With Daniel Craig’s run as James Bond having come to a close with 2021’s No Time to Die, the speculation surrounding who could play the iconic secret agent continues to rage on. According to the head of the franchise, though, it can be almost anyone, granted they are not a woman.

Speaking in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Barbara Broccoli — who controls the James Bond film franchise alongside her half-brother Michael G. Wilson — spoke about a new Bond. According to Broccoli, the actor could be of any race or ethnicity, but Broccoli doesn’t think a woman should play the role.

“I think it will be a man because I don’t think a woman should play James Bond,” Broccoli says. “I believe in making characters for women and not just having women play men’s roles. I don’t think there are enough great roles for women, and it’s very important to me that we make movies for women about women. He should be British, so British can be any [ethnicity or race].”

Broccoli also went on to say that while a new Bond needs to happen, she has no interest in discussing who it could be now. Instead, she’d rather allow fans to celebrate Craig’s turn at the character for a bit longer.

“I want to let this film play and really celebrate Daniel’s incredible achievement that he has done over 16 years,” Broccoli said. “People always ask, ‘Oh, who’s the next James Bond?’ It’s like asking a bride as she’s going up to the altar who’s her next husband going to be. I don’t really want to think about who is going to be the next person until I absolutely have to.”

The 25th James Bond film features the return of Daniel Craig as he reprises the timeless role for the last time. Joining him are franchise alums Ralph Fiennes as M, Lea Seydoux as Madeline, Naomie Harris as Moneypenny, Ben Whishaw as Q, Rory Kinnear as Tanner, and Jeffrey Wright as Felix Leiter. It also stars new cast members Rami Malek as Safin, Lashana Lynch as Nomi, Ana De Armas as Paloma, Dali Benssalah as Primo, Billy Magnussen as Logan, and David Dencik as Valdo."

visit this link https://www.comingsoon.ne .. lay-james-bond
+19   

best
worst
59 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 20048 20 K  Slaps total: 3917 3 K
he gon pop sh!t n apologize like i aint said a woman cant be 007. look already i did it like like eli

2 months ago '19        #3
Alito 
Props total: 106 106  Slaps total: 5 5
Me neither
+20   

2 months ago '13        #4
SimpinAintEz 
Props total: 50893 50 K  Slaps total: 10539 10 K
 xbossxplayax said
he gon pop sh!t n apologize like i aint said a woman cant be 007. look already i did it like like eli
You just have a stroke my n*gga?
+25   

2 months ago '04        #5
jholla31 
Props total: 2759 2 K  Slaps total: 334 334
last movie had some solid action scenes and was prob the best one next to royale...

they are right tho, last movie just came out 90 days ago and people talking bout next.............. like these movies dont cost hundreds of millions of dollars to produce.

they still trying to figure out how to pay for the next one.
+14   

2 months ago '04        #6
Young Fab 
Props total: 30733 30 K  Slaps total: 9249 9 K
Damn shame how common sense is controversial nowadays.
+24   

2 months ago '15        #7
CALL AGAIN 
Props total: 23249 23 K  Slaps total: 2932 2 K
Yeah and a man should never play the part of Ellen Ripley when they inevitably remake and expand the Alien series when Scott dies. Sadly Marty Mcfly will definitely be played by an androgynous pronoun when Zemeckis died.

But it is simpler than that. Fleming wrote James Bond as James Bond a Man a British Man. That’s how it should be.
+11   

2 months ago '06        #8
Badnewz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 119965 119 K  Slaps total: 1708 1 K
Hopefully the series won't get bullied into having one, crazy he has to clarify his comments in fear of being attacked.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #9
1000bluntz 
Props total: 36047 36 K  Slaps total: 8390 8 K
If Henry Cavill ain’t the next Bond then these fools are genuinely retarded.
+8   

2 months ago '05        #10
mezziebone 
Props total: 3403 3 K  Slaps total: 573 573
No sh*t. How many bi*ches you know whose name is james? I'll wait
+8   

2 months ago '18        #11
set117  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21760 21 K  Slaps total: 2601 2 K
 xbossxplayax said
He? HER name is Barbara Broccoli. A woman said this. Read bro. Lol
+16   

2 months ago '20        #12
Likeaboss38732  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11929 11 K  Slaps total: 905 905
This last 007 movie was a bit awkward/corny with the blk chick trying to compete with bond. If they want to k*ll the franchise, yeah give the role to a woman..

I believe they're scared to give that joint to Idris Elba though... because if they do.. He'll be the most iconic James Bond in history.. the movie would probably do Black Panther numbers on the slick... You know the script will be nice, and the women will be next level beautiful!

Them folks would rather let the franchise tank(giving it to a woman) than let it get snatch by a black man..

They skip the black man out of fear.. that's why this black woman empowerment movement is so strong, it imbalances the family structure, got these women thinking life is all about get a bag & looking fancy.. If you really want to empower the black family empower the man(the head of the family)...
+13   

2 months ago '20        #13
Detr0it 
Props total: 4318 4 K  Slaps total: 140 140
 Young Fab said
Damn shame how common sense is controversial nowadays.
Yeah, that title was clickbait like a mf. It's a woman speaking on it, and backing it up with logic and rationale, but that title is just to get pitchforks and torches lit.
+5   

2 months ago '08        #14
ExNihilo 
Props total: 43188 43 K  Slaps total: 707 707
Barbara Brocolli has a pretty reasonable take. Any character in that universe can be the operative 007, but the character of James Bond should be a British man.

Come up with a dope female character to base an action franchise off of. Columbiana, Lucy, Atomic Blonde, Ultra Violet, etc could have probably had worlds designed around them, but the studio didn't see an initial fanbase to continue investing. The only female lead actions franchises I can think of (outside of DC/MCU) were Tomb Raider and Underworld.
+6   

2 months ago '06        #15
marcusaka50 
Props total: 34267 34 K  Slaps total: 5483 5 K
I could see a female 00 agent movie..it’s not like they going to find a transgender to play James Bond….there are female spies now….some female spy movies are decent (salt Lucy)….like somebody already said it’s hard to find the right female with the right chemistry with the right script….men need eye candy and at least decent action scenes and villains…Underworld tomber raider resident evil are not the greatest movies but they found good chemistry with the female leads in those movies

2 months ago '20        #16
Don Ryudo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 17439 17 K  Slaps total: 13048 13 K
It just better not be that black chick I saw in recent one.

2 months ago '05        #17
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36651 36 K  Slaps total: 3997 3 K
Idris
+2   

2 months ago '12        #18
ezduzit 
Props total: 48546 48 K  Slaps total: 4685 4 K
As soon as ppl were thinking about idris Elba as James Bond it was like wellll let’s think about a woman playing bond too.
+8   

2 months ago '20        #19
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 8000 8 K  Slaps total: 506 506
 xbossxplayax said
You do realize it was a woman who said this right?
+1   

2 months ago '08        #20
Chedda  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 74481 74 K  Slaps total: 3722 3 K
 Fauby said
Idris
This!

+1   

2 months ago '04        #21
JoeyAvalanche 
Props total: 997 997  Slaps total: 165 165
When Daniel Craig first came along people were mad because James Bond was not supposed to be blonde.
Now look how far we come

2 months ago '17        #22
Its 
Props total: 30874 30 K  Slaps total: 2409 2 K
I didn't like seeing this rump wrangler as bond either
+1   

2 months ago '06        #23
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33219 33 K  Slaps total: 9392 9 K
agreed

2 months ago '06        #24
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33219 33 K  Slaps total: 9392 9 K
 JoeyAvalanche said
When Daniel Craig first came along people were mad because James Bond was not supposed to be blonde.
Now look how far we come
he's blonde? sh*t looks dark brown to me

2 months ago '07        #25
iswerve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20844 20 K  Slaps total: 2801 2 K
 jholla31 said
last movie had some solid action scenes and was prob the best one next to royale...

they are right tho, last movie just came out 90 days ago and people talking bout next.............. like these movies dont cost hundreds of millions of dollars to produce.

they still trying to figure out how to pay for the next one.
amazon money is long

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor brings monster energy
45 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
-76online now  7
Image(s) inside Gucci won. Jeezy and Jeanie Mai raising child to be gender fluid.
178 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  6
Jan 24 - Welp they beat the brakes off great granny
55 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+59online now  5
Video inside How do you feel about a woman asking for money in the first date?
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy