Our Fighters Come 1st!..I'm not overpaying HANEY so TANK gets LESS"-MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '21        #1
3400 page views
125 comments

MISTERCYNICAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 8121 8 K  Slaps total: 862 862
Our f*ghters Come 1st!..I'm not overpaying HANEY so TANK gets LESS"-MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS

Mayweather Promotions president

Leonard Ellerbee speaks...

Says it's bad business for us to make these big f*ghts i.e (Haney vs Tank) simply cause some internet trolls want that bout ..

When the reality is the money isn't there for a Haney vs Tank f*ght

In laymen terms ..we will only pay for one A card f*ghter...cause we're too cheap to pay for elite competition for Tank to face off against ..smh

+11   

best
worst
125 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
Tha TC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 34916 34 K  Slaps total: 1742 1 K
 MISTERCYNICAL said
Mayweather Promotions president

Leonard Ellerbee speaks...

Says it's bad business for us to make these big f*ghts i.e (Haney vs Tank) simply cause some internet trolls want that bout ..

When the reality is the money isn't there for a Haney vs Tank f*ght

In laymen terms ..we will only pay for one A card f*ghter...cause we're too cheap to pay for elite competition for Tank to face off against ..smh

No… what he’s saying about Haney is what I’ve been saying is that he gets paid more than handsomely to f*ght…

According to numbers and sales… he’s not worth what he’s getting paid… so in reality they don’t want to put the money up. Especially when Tank is a proven draw… box office wise he’s not there yet. Devin is an exceptional talent but he hasn’t been moved appropriately to justify his guarantees that he’s getting.

Last edited by Tha TC; 12-08-2021 at 07:25 PM..
+31   

2 months ago '10        #3
jmheight1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 29235 29 K  Slaps total: 4494 4 K
 Tha TC said
No… what he’s saying about Haney is what I’ve been saying is that he gets paid more than handsomely to f*ght…

According to numbers and sales… he’s not worth what he’s getting paid… so in reality they don’t want to put the money up. Especially when Tank is a proven draw… box office wise he’s not there yet. Devin is an exceptional talent but he hasn’t been moved appropriately to justify his guaranteed he’s getting.
From my understanding What Haney gets paid is not their problem, Hearn has made it clear he will put up the funds for Haney. Just like he said he was willing to put up the funds for both Haney and Teo to f*ght. A Tank vs Haney f*ght most likely be some type of co promotion, with each side putting up money.

Yall really need to stop these excuses for why Tank still ain't stepping up. As if bigger f*ghts are not being made left and right, and have so for 100 years. When two guys want to f*ght, they find a way.

Last edited by jmheight1; 12-08-2021 at 07:22 PM..
+31   

2 months ago '05        #4
 jmheight1 said
From my understanding What Haney gets paid is not their problem, Hearn has made it clear he will put up the funds for Haney. Just like he said he was willing to put up the funds for both Haney and Teo to f*ght. A Tank vs Haney f*ght most likely be some type of co promotion, with each side putting up money.

Yall really need to stop these excuses for why Tank still ain't stepping up. As if bigger f*ghts are not being made left and right, and have so for 100 years. When two guys want to f*ght, they find a way.
He specifically mentions the infrastructure part of the f*ght. f*ghting on an app, Ellerbe continues to mention its a business over and over.

To put it in a better perspective, look at what Bud said after his f*ght with Shawn.

The f*ghts will happen it’s just on timing

Btw WBO is looking to justify fu*kery with the 135 belts if Loma wins on Saturday night typical fu*kery
+6   

2 months ago '21        #5
MISTERCYNICAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 Tha TC said

According to numbers and sales… he’s not worth what he’s getting paid… so in reality they don’t want to put the money up. Especially when Tank is a proven draw… box office wise he’s not there yet. Devin is an exceptional talent but he hasn’t been moved appropriately to justify his guaranteed he’s getting.
So Rolly Romello and Cruz were more worthy then Haney to be an opponent for Tank???

Dude nobody wanted to see Tank and Cruz f*ght this past Sunday on PPV!!

but you know damn well a HANEY vs DAVIS matchup would be a great PPV bout..

I know id pay for it

They just don't wanna pay Haney's tab

So they will settle for cheaper ..as well as easier competiton for Tank

Cause not only they save money as the promoter ..Tank runs over these opponents with ease further building the brand without any real challenges

It's an advance form of cherry picking
+19   

2 months ago '17        #6
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 108910 108 K  Slaps total: 6666 6 K
Tank the top star at Mayweather Promotions and they need to pay him to keep him happy. That means unless the numbers make cents a big f*ght with others will not happen anytime soon.
+10   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '07        #7
stogz 
Props total: 114528 114 K  Slaps total: 14590 14 K
 Tha TC said
He specifically mentions the infrastructure part of the f*ght. f*ghting on an app, Ellerbe continues to mention its a business over and over.

To put it in a better perspective, look at what Bud said after his f*ght with Shawn.

Btw WBO is looking to justify fu*kery with the 135 belts if Loma wins on Saturday night typical fu*kery

You know damn well that these guys don't know the business of the sport.
+10   

2 months ago '10        #8
 Tha TC said

Haney and Hearn have said a million times the f*ghts don't have to be on a "app" for these big f*ghts, Haney is willing to f*ght on other networks. A lot of these arguments work with everyone but Haney, who is not locked down in a deal that stops him from working with other networks.
+8   

2 months ago '11        #9
CarlozRossi 
Props total: 12587 12 K  Slaps total: 1574 1 K
Typical boxing. Dudes ducking each other then f*ghting when they are past their prime smh.

This is why more ppl are watching mma now. The politics of boxing k*llin the sport.
+25   

2 months ago '10        #10
 stogz said
You know damn well that these guys don't know the business of the sport.
Ok Mr Businessman when is the business going to be right for Tank to f*ght someone great, like so many others have done or are trying to do by his age already.

Last edited by jmheight1; 12-08-2021 at 07:43 PM..
+3   

2 months ago '05        #11
 jmheight1 said
Haney and Hearn have said a million times the f*ghts don't have to be on a "app" for these big f*ghts, Haney is willing to f*ght on other networks. A lot of these arguments work with everyone but Haney, who is not locked down in a deal that stops him from working with other networks.
Well to justify his purse they’ll have to charge Mayweather prices for the f*ght… I don’t see that happening. I want to see the f*ght but Devin has to leave EH alone in order for it to happen.

Outside of Andy sparking AJ when has there been any kind of collaboration between PBC and DAZN f*ghters. There is a significant problem with breaking down the pay structure between these companies it’s too much to type out. One week when I’m off I’ll try to break it down on the BX Minus Whale podcast
+3   

2 months ago '11        #12
1andonlyKingP 
Props total: 9680 9 K  Slaps total: 617 617
 MISTERCYNICAL said
So Rolly Romello and Cruz were more worthy then Haney to be an opponent for Tank???
From a business standpoint, yes. And I'm a Haney stan, so I definitely wanna see him and Tank f*ght. But I also understand why it doesn't make much sense from MP's side.

Haney is getting paid 3+ mil to f*ght guys like Linares and Diaz. Problem is he's not selling out like that. My homeboy went to the f*ght in Vegas, they had to black out the upper sections to prevent it from looking so empty. Meanwhile I went to the Tank f*ght on Sunday, and it completely sold out. Against a replacement opponent at that.

Tank is a star. The fact that he's sold out multiple arenas across the country (LA, ATL, TX) and does solid PPV numbers just shows that. Haney does not move the needle like that. Tank/Haney would only sell marginally better than Romero or Cruz, and would cost alot more to make. Therefore it's just not feasible.

The only other guy at 135 that really brings value to table is Ryan Garcia. Which is probably why MP will look to make that f*ght next.
+8   

2 months ago '10        #13
 Tha TC said
Well to justify his purse they’ll have to charge Mayweather prices for the f*ght… I don’t see that happening. I want to see the f*ght but Devin has to leave EH alone in order for it to happen.

Outside of Andy sparking AJ when has there been any kind of collaboration between PBC and DAZN f*ghters. There is a significant problem with breaking down the pay structure between these companies it’s too much to type out. One week when I’m off I’ll try to break it down on the BX Minus Whale podcast
Seems no pay structure works out in getting Tank in there with someone great, what a special snowflake.

2 months ago '21        #14
MISTERCYNICAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 Tha TC said

That's an excuse and boldface lie

You fail to realize Devin Haney is a FREE AGENT

Eddie Hearn stated he never signed a long-term promotional deal with Matchroom boxing or DAZN app

And both Hearn and Devin stated he can f*ght on any platform they choose i.e ESPN..SHOWTIME..TRILLER ..FOX...etc

Haney has leverage ..

Even Ellerbee knows that which is why he revealed he turned down an offer from Mayweather promotions

Last edited by MISTERCYNICAL; 12-08-2021 at 07:56 PM..
+4   

2 months ago '21        #15
HolaPapi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x68
Props total: 18360 18 K  Slaps total: 13420 13 K
Haney would destroy tank right now

The more they wait… the more experience and better Haney is gonna be

2 months ago '20        #16
NamelessONE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 10487 10 K  Slaps total: 2644 2 K
 TheLegend said
Haney would destroy tank right now

The more they wait… the more experience and better Haney is gonna be
I think tank gets the KO
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '04        #17
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x71
Props total: 152300 152 K  Slaps total: 20456 20 K
Hold on Ellerbee you selling out tank f*ghts by any means, discounting tickets on Groupon huh.but you sh*tting on Haney f*ghts not being at max capacity. Sounds like Mayweather promotions doing a lot of talking to make themselves look good. All their money is coming off Tank they trynna milk the sh*t out of him and pick choose f*ghts for their pockets, that's what they mean by making sense. He really looks like he doesn't wanna be there.

+11   

2 months ago '06        #18
soso24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 76557 76 K  Slaps total: 8718 8 K
So Eddie Hearn sees Devin Haney's value but Ellerbe & Mayweather don't feel he's worth what Eddie pays him?

All skin folk aint kinfolk

Sucka sh*t
+4   

2 months ago '18        #19
dakidjahsiah 
Props total: 13340 13 K  Slaps total: 1729 1 K
Tank is a beast but he gotta step up competition one day... hope its soon
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '04        #20
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x71
Props total: 152300 152 K  Slaps total: 20456 20 K
 soso24 said
So Eddie Hearn sees Devin Haney's value but Ellerbe & Mayweather don't feel he's worth what Eddie pays him?

Sucka sh*t
Them some bitter n*ggas over there, probably mad Haney didn't sign with them and he's making more than Tank and not on his star level. He did the right thing by not letting MP milk him and being in Mayweather's shadows.
+7   

2 months ago '06        #21
carloito 
Props total: 50 50  Slaps total: 16 16
 Adwerdz said
Hold on Ellerbee you selling out tank f*ghts by any means, discounting tickets on Groupon huh.but you sh*tting on Haney f*ghts not being at max capacity. Sounds like Mayweather promotions doing a lot of talking to make themselves look good. All their money is coming off Tank they trynna milk the sh*t out of him and pick choose f*ghts for their pockets, that's what they mean by making sense. He really looks like he doesn't wanna be there.

+1   

2 months ago '04        #22
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5421 5 K  Slaps total: 881 881
Haney and Tank could both use some more work before they f*ght...Tank is just getting to be known by the casuals but I don't think the casuals really know Haney yet

boxing politics and duckin f*ghts are never gonna go away though, who knows when and if they'll ever get together and f*ghts
+2   

2 months ago '14        #23
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 27116 27 K  Slaps total: 7883 7 K
 CJ Schwarz said
Tank the top star at Mayweather Promotions and they need to pay him to keep him happy. That means unless the numbers make cents a big f*ght with others will not happen anytime soon.
But he would be getting a way bigger bag with big f*ghts…. Lmaooo. A Teo vs Tank f*ght prior to Teo’s loss would’ve netted them at least 15 mill each.
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '14        #24
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x37
Props total: 234453 234 K  Slaps total: 27800 27 K
 soso24 said

Sucka sh*t
did this same rule apply when the Mayweather Gym and Big Floyd took Haney under their wings and brought awareness to who he was since he was a little f*ghter then Haney goes and runs with Dazn when they didn’t invest the time and work to helping build up and teach a young Haney?

+9   

2 months ago '05        #25
Lmao @ n*ggaz mad at someone knowing how to market and sell out venues.

Haney’s tickets were half that price and couldn’t sell out

Anywhom Thurmans return is looking to happen next month with Stanionis vs Ugas co-main

Last edited by Tha TC; 12-08-2021 at 08:29 PM..
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  21
[Health] Green Juicing…Why you need it.
33 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+68online now  10
Video inside Wait WTF... Did Anyone Know About This Secret In Super Mario Brothers?&..
74 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
-21online now  5
Image(s) inside Stores Starting To Put Warning Signs On Playstation 5 Display Case
142 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+33online now  5
Image(s) inside Jan 27 - Straight A college student sold illegal guns to undies
105 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy