Jason Schreier Exposing Microsoft and 343 on Halo Launch Day. *LIVE*

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '16        #1
1030 page views
34 comments

Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13974 13 K  Slaps total: 2335 2 K
Jason Schreier Exposing Microsoft and 343 on Halo Launch Day. *LIVE*

1. The tools are too difficult to use image
2. They almost ditched slipspace for UE
3. They cut 2/3 of the game.
4. 343 compared halo infinite to anthem image
5. Microsoft abuse they people they people and don’t let em work more than a year and a half.

Yooo wtf going on at Microsoft image

Edit:

Full article:

visit this link https://www.bloomberg.com .. ter-to-triumph

Last edited by Novii; 12-08-2021 at 06:21 PM..
+4   

best
worst
34 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 94439 94 K  Slaps total: 34988 34 K
This dude is so fu*king annoying man lmfao.

Hes even worse once you hear him talk lol.

Lets see what this leads to, but I just had to express my thoughts on this bozo
+5   

2 months ago '12        #3
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 191819 191 K  Slaps total: 11227 11 K
Post the title of the article and the full thing

2 months ago '05        #4
jaedot 
Props total: 18905 18 K  Slaps total: 1065 1 K

2 months ago '12        #5
Also I read the article and it actually sounds damn near like a mirror of the stuff that went on with Halo 2 lmao, and I’ve heard from people about their contractor practices

20 more minutes

Last edited by OldBusiness; 12-08-2021 at 11:51 AM..
+1   

2 months ago '18        #6
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 45674 45 K  Slaps total: 6599 6 K
Wow thanks for posting this. Time to riot.

"DOWN WITH MICROSOFT"

+3   

2 months ago '16        #7
Quinn 
Props total: 11068 11 K  Slaps total: 2202 2 K
honestly, this is rather SuS of him to drop on halo launch day

if it was so bad, why not drop when you had the info initially

my pet peeve really is people claiming to be exposing others, but really expose their own morals(and lack there of) aswell
+10   

2 months ago '12        #8
 Juliette DaBlok said
Wow thanks for posting this. Time to riot.

"DOWN WITH MICROSOFT"

Not really lol, it’s not all bad on the article. The labor stuff with contractors is typical Microsoft for decades(and it’s far from exclusive to them) and the articles title and parts of the article actually call the game a triumph(which was left out the thread for some reason lol)

From my point of view as a Software Engineer id say identifying problems with project management and the engine while having a revolving door for team members is def an issue which is part of what Jason’s detailing.

But the end result came out flying even though development was plagued by these type of issues(which happens more than you know) so at the end of the day it gets Jason free clicks and attention while we get to enjoy a dope game they’ve pulled off even tho there was turmoil…Cyberpunks team could learn a lesson about getting a project back on track here lol.

With that said the games launching, I’m playing

Though the cut content would explain where the rumored snow/desert biomes went.

I think Matt McMuscles will make a fire video about this one day

Last edited by OldBusiness; 12-08-2021 at 12:04 PM..

2 months ago '12        #9
 Quinn said

my pet peeve really is people claiming to be exposing others, but really expose their own morals(and lack there of) aswell
He dropped this the same time the Nvidia guy got caught trying to fu*k a 15 year old lol.

2 months ago '17        #10
 Quinn said

This is my beef with him too. He waited till Halo’s Launch Day to maximize the attention this story gets.

This n*gga is deadass grifting workplace conditions stories smh. I’m sure a lot of people that work on these games want to work long hours or at least don’t mind
+2   

2 months ago '21        #11
Clippers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 3485 3 K  Slaps total: 865 865
+1   

2 months ago '18        #12
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 45674 45 K  Slaps total: 6599 6 K
 OldBusiness said
Not really lol, it’s not all bad on the article. The labor stuff with contractors is typical Microsoft for decades(and it’s far from exclusive to them) and the articles title and parts of the article actually call the game a triumph(which was left out the thread for some reason lol)

From my point of view as a Software Engineer id say identifying problems with project management and the engine while having a revolving door for team members is def an issue which is part of what Jason’s detailing.

But the end result came out flying even though development was plagued by these type of issues(which happens more than you know) so at the end of the day it gets Jason free clicks and attention while we get to enjoy a dope game they’ve pulled off even tho there was turmoil…Cyberpunks team could learn a lesson about getting a project back on track here lol.

With that said the games launching, I’m playing

Though the cut content would explain where the rumored snow/desert biomes went.

I think Matt McMuscles will make a fire video about this one day
Ahh got it. The timing was just coincidence. No agenda here. My bad
+1   

2 months ago '20        #13
God is Good 
Props total: 17660 17 K  Slaps total: 16807 16 K
Explains why the game is so boring

2 months ago '17        #14
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 201288 201 K  Slaps total: 15343 15 K
Isn't this the same practice that goes on at every game studio? It's an industry wide problem. They always hire outside temp contractors for games.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #15
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5421 5 K  Slaps total: 881 881
LMFAO, folks so sick that Halo turned out well so people on ranting about the process to get there

They wanted Halo to be another Cyberpunk so bad and they are sick it didn't

All these devs been doing this sh*t
+5   

2 months ago '16        #16
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Updated the OP with article
+2   

2 months ago '12        #17
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24932 24 K  Slaps total: 2196 2 K
 OldBusiness said
and the articles title and parts of the article actually call the game a triumph(which was left out the thread for some reason lol)

Think we all know the reason.
+3   

2 months ago '12        #18
 Naga Sadow said
Isn't this the same practice that goes on at every game studio? It's an industry wide problem. They always hire outside temp contractors for games.
Pretty much most jobs that have temporary/contract workers lol

However, if temps perform the same job as common law employees for an extended period but don't get the same benefits, the employer may face liability. According to OnContracting, most companies limit temps to 12 to 18 months at a job before requiring them to take a three- to six-month break to avoid liability.
Its because of the lawsuit in the early 90s where Microsoft actually WAS letting Temp workers stay on longer than a year, and they were sued saying the workers shouldn't be considered temps/contractors anymore and should be given full benefits & stock. So now most companies limit the length of time a temp worker can work there, or they pretty much let them go and bring them back...as I said in my original post its not exclusive to Microsoft...its not even exclusive to the IT Field. Heres the 30 year old lawsuit lol:

Only problem I had with Jason is he tried to make it seem like a common practice, especially with jobs in the tech field here in America...is somehow exclusive to Microsoft(He blocked a few people who said the same thing im saying yesterday)...I mean lets look at jobs for this company lol:

It's pretty damn common

Faythung said
Concern trolling is at an all time high this generation, but I'm just here to talk about games and post a little bit of info every now and then when I see some bullsh*t

Last edited by OldBusiness; 12-09-2021 at 05:53 AM..
+4   

2 months ago '17        #19
 OldBusiness said

Its because of the lawsuit in the early 90s where Microsoft actually WAS letting Temp workers stay on longer than a year, and they were sued saying the workers shouldn't be considered temps/contractors anymore and should be given full benefits & stock. So now most companies limit the length of time a temp worker can work there, or they pretty much let them go and bring them back...as I said in my original post its not exclusive to Microsoft...its not even exclusive to the IT Field. Heres the 30 year old lawsuit lol:

Only problem I had with Jason is he tried to make it seem like a common practice, especially with jobs in the tech field here in America...is somehow exclusive to Microsoft(He blocked a few people who said the same thing im saying yesterday)...I mean lets look at jobs for this company lol:

It's pretty damn common

Concern trolling is at an all time high this generation, but I'm just here to talk about games and post a little bit of info every now and then when I see some bullsh*t
So this is just a fanboy rant rather than a complaint about the industry.

+1   

2 months ago '12        #20
 Naga Sadow said
So this is just a fanboy rant rather than a complaint about the industry.

Wanna work on Madden?

lol..Ubisoft currently has a little over a thousand openings worldwide, of which about 40% of them are contractor jobs. The article was designed to get Jason some views is all
+2   

2 months ago '17        #21
 Faythung said
I don’t think Jason tweeted that part and all OP posted was tweets.

I doubt OP omitted that on purpose

2 months ago '17        #22
 OldBusiness said
Wanna work on Madden?

lol..Ubisoft currently has a little over a thousand openings worldwide, of which about 40% of them are contractor jobs. The article was designed to get Jason some views is all
A coworker of mine was in the gaming industry and told me exactly how horrible it is.

2 months ago '20        #23
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27094 27 K  Slaps total: 7179 7 K
this jason dude is annoying with how he's always sticking his nose in the way companies run their studios

I get calling out serious issues like s*xual abuse and sh*t like that, but his obsession with "crunch" and trying to shame any studio that requires people to work overtime from time to time is annoying

if u work for a big studio, u should expect a certain amount of crunch before the release of a big title.. don't like it? go work somewhere else

also his face makes everything he does 100x more annoying I'd love to knee it
+3   

2 months ago '16        #24
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 Faythung said
What’s the reason?
Because I didn’t have the link to the article when I posted it. So enlighten us

OldBusiness said

It's pretty damn common

It is common practice. Just like Naughty dog, Santa Monica and Guerilla use them, and just about every big studio. This topics been had 100 times. What makes it hilarious now, is that pro consumer good guy microsoft is having the veil pulled. Devs and people in the industry are replying and talking about Jason’s article. Between that and Oris devs going with another pub to get games on PlayStation, it’s hard to not notice Microsoft may be full of sh*t after all. Just another rich a*s company that just cares about money. Which contradicts a lot of narratives. Idk where this “concern trolling” comment comes from

SPdaGOAT said
I don’t think Jason tweeted that part and all OP posted was tweets.

I doubt OP omitted that on purpose
Lol. When do I ever post a thread and not post the article I’m pulling info from? It’s one of the first things you learn posting threads on boxden

The temp workers is whatever, it’s like sales, there’s always going to be a high turnover rate, but being sued and having a long history of abusing people. The “tools” being too hard to use and the 500ms that was supposed to be for designed for halo or along side of it was almost abandoned
THAT is hilarious for a first party studio to be dealing with, with their oldest, most valuable flagship IP that was supposed to launch last year.

Last edited by Novii; 12-09-2021 at 07:44 PM..
+1   

2 months ago '12        #25
 Novii said
What’s the reason?
Because I didn’t have the link to the article when I posted it. So enlighten us

It is common practice. Just like Naughty dog, Santa Monica and Guerilla use them, and just about every big studio. This topics been had 100 times. What makes it hilarious now, is that pro consumer good guy microsoft is having the veil pulled. Devs and people in the industry are replying and talking about Jason’s article. Between that and Oris devs going with another pub to get games on PlayStation, it’s hard to not notice Microsoft may be full of sh*t after all. Just another rich a*s company that just cares about money. Which contradicts a lot of narratives. Idk where this “concern trolling” comment comes from

Lol. When do I ever post a thread and not post the article I’m pulling info from? It’s one of the first things you learn posting threads on boxden

The temp workers is whatever, it’s like sales, there’s always going to be a high turnover rate, but being sued and having a long history of abusing people. The “tools” being too hard to use and the 500ms that was supposed to be for designed for halo or along side of it was almost abandoned
THAT is hilarious for a first party studio to be dealing with with their oldest, most valuable flagship IP.
But Microsoft isn’t “having their veil pulled” , they got sued for it 30 years ago almost and it’s the reason most companies do it in the manner they do now. It’s what they’re known for , it’s why the article came and went, and I’m sure the world knew Microsoft was a “rich a*s company that didn’t care about people” before Jason’s article

Rest of that sh*t I didn’t read and I don’t care to, I’d be doing more teaching than debating and I’m high sir

Enjoy your night, this game awards sh*t is on and the Kanye sh*t starts soon

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+68online now  19
Video inside Wait WTF... Did Anyone Know About This Secret In Super Mario Brothers?&..
75 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+20online now  14
[Health] Green Juicing…Why you need it.
34 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-21online now  4
Image(s) inside Stores Starting To Put Warning Signs On Playstation 5 Display Case
142 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+315online now  3
Video inside Benny the Butcher & J. Cole - Johnny P's Caddy
269 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy