Martin >>>> seinfeld

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x3   |  0 bx goons and 3 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

who you got?
Martin 149 64.78%
Seinfeld 64 27.83%
can't decide 5 2.17%
fucc you OP 12 5.22%
Voters: 230.   (BX member poll)

2 months ago '16        #1
4351 page views
140 comments

BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 86650 86 K  Slaps total: 11659 11 K
Martin >>>> seinfeld

prove me wrong image

+29   

best
worst
140 comments

2 months ago '14        #2
Sphynx 
Props total: 104672 104 K  Slaps total: 27121 27 K
Why do you weirdos alway compare these two shows specifically?

Also it's cool if you like what you like. Some people like Martin better. A LOT MORE people like Seinfeld better. At the end of the day it's really whatever speaks to you

Not sure why we gotta do this thread 8x a year in this section. Just like what you like. Nobody gotta "prove you wrong"
+22   

2 months ago '07        #3
-ThE~DoN~LoN-  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7541 7 K  Slaps total: 1790 1 K
 Sphynx said

Also it's cool if you like what you like. Some people like Martin better. A LOT MORE people like Seinfeld better. At the end of the day it's really whatever speaks to you

Not sure why we gotta do this thread 8x a year in this section. Just like what you like. Nobody gotta "prove you wrong"
I know I'm tired of these same a*s threads daily. Preach brother.
+5   

2 months ago '16        #4
BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
 Sphynx said

-ThE~DoN~LoN- said
I know I'm tired of these same a*s threads daily. Preach brother.
two popular 90's sitcoms by two legendary standup comedians and now all of a sudden we can't compare them?

oh, you say threads are made about these two shows all the time on Boxden?

even more than The Wire vs. The Sopranos, yet ppl still love to engage their preferences anyways?

well, just post the link to the most recent Martin vs. Seinfeld comparison and I'll stfu
+4   

2 months ago '20        #5
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31906 31 K  Slaps total: 5251 5 K
Fresh Prince >>>>>> both

2 months ago '16        #6
 Chozen said
Fresh Prince >>>>>> both
I didn't know Will Smith did standup comedy

2 months ago '21        #7
Thotslayer 
Props total: 10222 10 K  Slaps total: 1417 1 K
What a dumb comparison.....
+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '21        #8
Young Defiant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 12453 12 K  Slaps total: 24306 24 K
Big facts... you could've chose a funnier clip then that one though...
+3   

2 months ago '05        #9
projectd06 
Props total: 33862 33 K  Slaps total: 8113 8 K
Neither is really funny but at least Martin is entertaining.

2 months ago '18        #10
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 44654 44 K  Slaps total: 6371 6 K
As a Black man, i can't watch Seinfeld the same anymore
Everytime i see Kramer slide in the door i feel like

+17   

2 months ago '08        #11
SlickJ101 
Props total: 16915 16 K  Slaps total: 3937 3 K
Sure
+1   

2 months ago '18        #12
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 44654 44 K  Slaps total: 6371 6 K
 Young Defiant said
They should make a Martin anime
You'd bust a nut

......then call it trash
+3   

2 months ago '16        #13
Fumo 
Props total: 6043 6 K  Slaps total: 609 609

+11   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '16        #14
Toast2the  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 53900 53 K  Slaps total: 8249 8 K
Martin is a much more superior stand up than Seinfeld

Seinfeld is the superior sitcom

Sitcom wise- Seinfeld is GOAT, Martin comes second

That last season of Martin is almost unwatchable… Seinfeld got better as the show went on

Oh and please let me know if those two weirdos from the beginning of the thread ever post links to these other supposed threads asking boxden members to vote on these two shows
+5   

2 months ago '17        #15
Speedy ClapSon 
Props total: 36883 36 K  Slaps total: 11265 11 K
Martin was buffoonery portraying black stereotypes it's funny how black people call Tyler Perry a sellout but call Martin a classic

2 months ago '10        #16
Black Excellence  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 74724 74 K  Slaps total: 7703 7 K
No lie…never found Martin funny.

Thought it was just over the top tropes.

2 months ago '16        #17
 Young Defiant said
yea yea yea, this light work.

but you notice, not a single counter scene to be found itt yet
+1   

2 months ago '15        #18
Black Larry 
Props total: 17059 17 K  Slaps total: 1454 1 K
I put nothing over Larry David work. But I do admit. Older me watched Martin. And it was better than I remembered. Also you can tell when martin started to fall off with drugs n such in the last season. Other than the last season. Martin was pretty good. It started to repeat a bit. But overall pretty good. I hated Martin when I was young because classmates use to try to imitate Martin and it was cringe and Coonish. Martin himself is valid

2 months ago '07        #19
KeithHernandez 
Props total: 2011 2 K  Slaps total: 125 125
Seinfeld was simply funny, by the most literal definition of comedy; Martin had a lot of funny moments as an absurdist, almost slapstick comedy. Martin also did a lot of overacting (running, screaming, whining, etc), and the plots felt irrelevant. A lot of the funny moments don't hit the same as they did when I was in 5th Grade watching live, but there are some jokes I finally got as an adult.

Seinfeld's relatability makes it a bit more timeless than Martin showcasing all his characters.

Dragonfly Jones is one of the best names in the world. Didn't need to see him outside of an SNL skit. Jerome has a classic catchphrase. Probably didn't need him as much as either.

Seinfeld did the ensemble cast a whole lot better, and gave each main character something to do. Whereas Martin had supporting characters who really just existed to advance his own plots.

Seinfeld also has way more episodes, more seasons, and found momentum as it went on; Martin was inconsistent, and the show lost steam even before the off-screen issues with Gina.

Last note, Seinfeld was in syndication on regular basic television really early on -- like back-to-back episodes at 7pm, and again at 11 after the news. It stayed with generations a little longer. We didn't really get Martin re-runs until late-night BET and a short-lived moment on UPN.

So Seinfeld, only if you gotta make me pick. But both hit the mark when its 11PM, I'm smoking, and just need some background noise and light laughs.
+15   

2 months ago '16        #20
 Toast2the said
Martin is a much more superior stand up than Seinfeld

Seinfeld is the superior sitcom

Sitcom wise- Seinfeld is GOAT, Martin comes second

That last season of Martin is almost unwatchable… Seinfeld got better as the show went on

Oh and please let me know if those two weirdos from the beginning of the thread ever post links to these other supposed threads asking boxden members to vote on these two shows
reasonable opinion, but I wouldn't hold mediocre last seasons against the quality of the brand.

i.e. Chappelle Show, The Boondocks.

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '16        #21
 KeithHernandez said
Seinfeld was simply funny, by the most literal definition of comedy; Martin had a lot of funny moments as an absurdist, almost slapstick comedy. Martin also did a lot of overacting (running, screaming, whining, etc), and the plots felt irrelevant. A lot of the funny moments don't hit the same as they did when I was in 5th Grade watching live, but there are some jokes I finally got as an adult.

Seinfeld's relatability makes it a bit more timeless than Martin showcasing all his characters.

Dragonfly Jones is one of the best names in the world. Didn't need to see him outside of an SNL skit. Jerome has a classic catchphrase. Probably didn't need him as much as either.

Seinfeld did the ensemble cast a whole lot better, and gave each main character something to do. Whereas Martin had supporting characters who really just existed to advance his own plots.

Seinfeld also has way more episodes, more seasons, and found momentum as it went on; Martin was inconsistent, and the show lost steam even before the off-screen issues with Gina.

Last note, Seinfeld was in syndication on regular basic television really early on -- like back-to-back episodes at 7pm, and again at 11 after the news. It stayed with generations a little longer. We didn't really get Martin re-runs until late-night BET and a short-lived moment on UPN.

So Seinfeld, only if you gotta make me pick. But both hit the mark when its 11PM, I'm smoking, and just need some background noise and light laughs.
I’m not driving you to the airport Keith Hernandez
+5   

2 months ago '08        #22
Nut-In-Honeys 
Props total: 22314 22 K  Slaps total: 2402 2 K
The writing of Seinfeld needs to be discussed more. How they set up jokes and plots with the characters actions is brilliant. Curb is the only comedy show that comes close in writing set ups.

Ex: look how many things lead up to George holding up a golf ball at the diner in front of the others iykyk
+16   

2 months ago '17        #23
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 121507 121 K  Slaps total: 15355 15 K
It's apples and oranges.

Martin is closer to slap-stick style comedy, less multi-layered jokes, more expression.

A better comparison would be something like Larry David's show & Seinfeld. Even Modern Family, or the Office are better shows to compare Seinfeld with.

With that said, Martin was way more enjoyable than Seinfeld to me. I had some typical weirdos tell me it was because it was 'high-brow' comedy so I couldn't understand it.

I sat there with my college roommate explaining every single joke on Seinfeld for 10 minutes straight and was like

Seinfeld is being sarcastic about Kramer's chances, but Kramer missed the sarcasm. That's the joke.
Elaine is explaining to George why her friend wouldn't like him in that way, but he thinks she's complimenting him.

Essentially, it's a show about misunderstandings as comedy...

See I don't think it's funny
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '16        #24
 BathWaterMelody said
reasonable opinion, but I wouldn't hold mediocre last seasons against the quality of the brand.

i.e. Chappelle Show, The Boondocks.
But if we are comparing to sitcoms I kinda have to… the last season of Martin could have been immaculate but I’m still saying Seinfeld was better… better writing, made everyday mundane situations funny which is hard to do or never really been done before in the sitcom world

I like martin a lot it’s my 2nd fave but Seinfeld is the goat sitcom
+2   

2 months ago '11        #25
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 81141 81 K  Slaps total: 14655 14 K
sorry champ i can't give you that cause the writing on Seinfeld is crazy

i give Martin props but Seinfeld was better and this coming from a black man
+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+203online now  28
Video inside Be Careful What You Ask For
65 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+45online now  26
NY Times Article on Alpo: He Was in Witness Protection, But His Harlem Life Ke..
152 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside Game calls out TI, Funk Flex & Ebro for their top 50 rappers lists the..
169 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+74online now  10
Kelce ignores the call play and tell Mahomes that hes running his own rout..
82 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy