Do you Over Care/Worry about material Items?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

2 months ago '16        #1
2385 page views
39 comments

Keepit1million 
Props total: 5525 5 K  Slaps total: 1369 1 K
Do you Over Care/Worry about material Items?

So my brother has a apple watch, but scared to wear it. He is worried of scratches or dirt. He also has lots of sneakers and clothes but won’t wear them cause he is scared to get stains on them. He makes people change before they get in his car.

Do you do this or know anyone like this? I feel bad for him because he isn’t getting use out of material items.

I read a comment on a screen protector from Apple Watch video. It said “Do people put protection on 5,000 Rolex? Use the watch for 3 years and get a new one. Stop over caring.” That made me think of my brother. He is like this because we grew up with nothing, and fear of not getting another one. In reality he is able to get another one. I wonder if he needs medication?

Last edited by Keepit1million; 12-08-2021 at 12:44 AM..
+15   

best
worst
39 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
projectd06 
Props total: 33863 33 K  Slaps total: 8113 8 K
The age of social media. Safe to say hes got pictures rocking the watch on social media? My guess he posted on social media when he bought it? No offense but it sounds like your brother is out here peacocking.

I understand wanting to keep sh*t clean and looking new, but why buy sh*t that you arent going to use?
+5   

2 months ago '15        #3
Prad Bitt 
Props total: 17426 17 K  Slaps total: 1448 1 K
Depends on the item but tech like that is disposable. A Rolex I won’t mow the lawn with on. Same as a pair of Lanvins won’t walk the dog in. Just depends on the occasion but ultimately do what makes you happy and tell him to stop feeding his beast by buying that stuff.
+10   

2 months ago '21        #4
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14997 14 K  Slaps total: 2415 2 K
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth
and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor
rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal

i.e. wear your sh*t
+18   

2 months ago '21        #5
Dreamcast  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14731 14 K  Slaps total: 3116 3 K
op i feel what ur sayin

i remember i dated a girl like that.. she had a car that was like 8 yrs old and it looked like she just bought it last year

i tried to get a dvd out of her drawer.. no cap all of the dvds were still sealed lol.. i was like how do u get the dvds out when the case is still sealed? she was like just leave them alone i'll do it

she would just open them at the bottom or something it was so weird

but anyway yeah op that is crazy.. he needs to see a therapist probably so he can detach from his childhood lack
+5   

2 months ago '21        #6
 Dreamcast said
op i feel what ur sayin

i remember i dated a girl like that.. she had a car that was like 8 yrs old and it looked like she just bought it last year

i tried to get a dvd out of her drawer.. no cap all of the dvds were still sealed lol.. i was like how do u get the dvds out when the case is still sealed? she was like just leave them alone i'll do it

she would just open them at the bottom or something it was so weird

but anyway yeah op that is crazy.. he needs to see a therapist probably so he can detach from his childhood lack
fu*k therapy use that money to buy bitcoin, just wear your sh*t, I had the same problem sh*t was solved quick when a pair nikes on ice crumbled to dust
+2   

2 months ago '15        #7
Lito Guapalot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32440 32 K  Slaps total: 442 442
I dont over care for any of my things except for this Pelle hoodie I copped back in 2018 and that's only because they out of business
+3   

2 months ago '16        #8
LeastLoved 
Props total: 8685 8 K  Slaps total: 1421 1 K
Just my car. Park at the farthest point of the parking lot just so some bum with bad a*s kids doesn’t park next to me and bang my sh*t up. Also still check it for dents scratches everyday.

Outside of that I get over that fixation pretty quick. First maybe 5 wears of shoes I’m super careful, after that I can walk normal.
+7   

2 months ago '08        #9
cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 54015 54 K  Slaps total: 2991 2 K
If you can’t afford or just don’t want to deal with the maintenance you gotta ask yourself why are you doing it. Who is it really for?
+7   

2 months ago '19        #10
pharoahX 
Props total: 4455 4 K  Slaps total: 382 382
barely, especially as I'm getting older. These days I mostly care/worry about self improvement and making money. Hell I barely even care about sports anymore, too much real life sh*t going on.
+6   

2 months ago '11        #11
bonez79  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 41990 41 K  Slaps total: 9044 9 K
Only material thing I care about is my Mustang, about a month ago somebody tried to steal my sh*t and was ready to
+2   

2 months ago '17        #12
Drewsmit 
Props total: 24943 24 K  Slaps total: 3260 3 K
Better than buying the samething over and over.

I bargain shop so I can enjoying my sh*t with obsessing over how much i paid
+3   

2 months ago '17        #13
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 42492 42 K  Slaps total: 12720 12 K
Sounds like he cares about his belongings. I don’t see anything wrong with it. I hate people who buy sh*t and don’t take care of it.
+1   

2 months ago '20        #14
Jimmy2times 
Props total: 22643 22 K  Slaps total: 1939 1 K
Nope. I buy whatever I like. But my taste is simple. I’ll spend a couple hundred on kicks if they’re really dope. But never been a hypebeast. I’ll cop something full retail off gstar website then later that day be at tjmaxx lookin for gems

I pity the fool who can’t find balance between materialism and being themselves…those who even know who/what they are
+3   

2 months ago '21        #15
 Mario Chalmers said
Sounds like he cares about his belongings. I donít see anything wrong with it. I hate people who buy sh*t and donít take care of it.
taking care of your sh*t is one thing walking around wit plastic bags on ya shoes is something else
+4   

2 months ago '21        #16
ShowinNakedAzz 
Props total: 3268 3 K  Slaps total: 1164 1 K
 Keepit1million said
So my brother has a apple watch, but scared to wear it. He is worried of scratches or dirt. He also has lots of sneakers and clothes but wonít wear them cause he is scared to get stains on them. He makes people change before they get in his car.

Do you do this or know anyone like this? I feel bad for him because he isnít getting use out of material items.

I read a comment on a screen protector from Apple Watch video. It said ďDo people put protection on 5,000 Rolex? Use the watch for 3 years and get a new one. Stop over caring.Ē That made me think of my brother. He is like this because we grew up with nothing, and fear of not getting another one. In reality he is able to get another one. I wonder if he needs medication?
Sorry to break it to you...but your brother has a mental illness. Don't worry, we all suffer from some sort of irrational behavior, to varying degrees.
+1   

2 months ago '11        #17
Gamemusic 
Props total: 9434 9 K  Slaps total: 730 730
Nope never been big on material sh*t. The most materialistic thing I wear are Nikes, but I don't camp out for shoes or enter raffles none of that sh*t.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #18
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 20129 20 K  Slaps total: 3922 3 K
when i had to save up from working three jobs while going to school, yeah if i copped a fresh pair of kicks it'd stab a dude for stepping on them lol

still crazy enough to take an eye out, but i know better now that aint the way to live bruh. material things exist to serve you. not the other way around. the only thing i'd go zero to 60 real quick for is like... if someone threatens my family
+2   

2 months ago '04        #19
Magnificent Phoenix|m 
Props total: 1331 1 K  Slaps total: 209 209
 Keepit1million said
So my brother has a apple watch, but scared to wear it. He is worried of scratches or dirt. He also has lots of sneakers and clothes but wonít wear them cause he is scared to get stains on them. He makes people change before they get in his car.

Do you do this or know anyone like this? I feel bad for him because he isnít getting use out of material items.

I read a comment on a screen protector from Apple Watch video. It said ďDo people put protection on 5,000 Rolex? Use the watch for 3 years and get a new one. Stop over caring.Ē That made me think of my brother. He is like this because we grew up with nothing, and fear of not getting another one. In reality he is able to get another one. I wonder if he needs medication?
Sounds like he has OCD
+1   

2 months ago '12        #20
Binds 
Props total: 11967 11 K  Slaps total: 932 932
I’ll always keep my sh*t right and cleaned up never kno who I’ll meet but I ain’t stressing over none of it. Could die tomorrow why attach myself to something so superficial he bugging a lil

Last edited by Binds; 12-08-2021 at 07:18 PM..
+3   

2 months ago '17        #21
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 42492 42 K  Slaps total: 12720 12 K
 nocomment said
taking care of your sh*t is one thing walking around wit plastic bags on ya shoes is something else
Very true.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #22
Peanutbrain 
Props total: 57 57  Slaps total: 85 85
LOL fu*k no. Just the other day my friend asked me if I bought a Rolex, would I wear it daily. NO sh*t. Whats the point of buying something if its ganna stay in a box. People these days are like nerds with their mint condition action figures, they dont wanna open or damage anything because itll lose value, LOSERS.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #23
WildOutBoy 
Props total: 446 446  Slaps total: 69 69
Yea. I gotta have that bustdown AP.

2 months ago '17        #24
Props total: 24572 24 K  Slaps total: 7124 7 K
When I was a poor kid, yes.

2 months ago '20        #25
Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 52097 52 K  Slaps total: 16331 16 K
Wear that sh*t, I treat my expensive sh*t like they dollar store items
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+205online now  28
Video inside Be Careful What You Ask For
65 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  20
Image(s) inside Game calls out TI, Funk Flex & Ebro for their top 50 rappers lists the..
169 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+74online now  18
Kelce ignores the call play and tell Mahomes that hes running his own rout..
82 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+45online now  16
NY Times Article on Alpo: He Was in Witness Protection, But His Harlem Life Ke..
152 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy