Dec 7 - Kellogg to permanently replace striking workers as union rejects new contract

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '08        #1
1538 page views
41 comments

cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 54015 54 K  Slaps total: 2991 2 K
Dec 7 - Kellogg to permanently replace striking workers as union rejects new contract

Kellogg Co. said on Tuesday a majority of its U.S. cereal plant workers have voted against a new five-year contract, forcing it to hire permanent replacements as employees extend a strike that started more than two months ago.

Temporary replacements have already been working at its cereal plants in Michigan, Nebraska, Pennsylvania and Tennessee where 1,400 union members went on strike on Oct. 5 as their contracts expired and talks over payment and benefits stalled.

“While certainly not the result we had hoped for, we must take the necessary steps to ensure business continuity,” Kellogg said in a statement.

The company said “unrealistic expectations” created by the union meant none of its six offers, including the last one that proposed wage increases and allowed all transitional employees with four or more years of service to move to legacy positions, came to fruition.

Union members have said the proposed two-tier system, in which transitional employees get lesser pay and benefits compared to longer tenured workers would take power away from the union by removing the cap on how many lower tier employees it could have.

“They have made a ‘clear path’ — but while it is clear — it is too long and not fair to many,” Jeffrey Jens, a union member, said.

Several politicians including Democratic senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have voiced their support for the union, while many customers have said they are boycotting Kellogg’s products.

Kellogg is one of the several major U.S. firms that has faced worker strikes in the recent past as the labour market tightens. The company has also warned of a hit to profit from the strike, but was yet to quantify it.

Last month, farm equipment maker Deere & Co reached an agreement with striking workers.

visit this link https://financialpost.com .. s-new-contract

Last edited by cohs; 12-07-2021 at 01:20 PM..
+5   

best
worst
41 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
ddash 
Props total: 61979 61 K  Slaps total: 4754 4 K
Whale Damn
+6   

2 months ago '16        #3
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x58
Props total: 127894 127 K  Slaps total: 25493 25 K
welp they had a good run

2 months ago '21        #4
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9314 9 K  Slaps total: 9422 9 K
Union failed them. Must be a bunch of dems innit

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #5
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 100032 100 K  Slaps total: 30505 30 K
 FleshAxe said
Unions mostly fail in right to work states run because Republicans sabotage the unions. You should read the article, it tells you where the plants are. All right to work states where Unions have less power. Sucks idiots like you support that right to work garbage.
+41   

2 months ago '20        #6
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 48452 48 K  Slaps total: 8922 8 K
Maybe these wyte blue collar workers need to vote people in place to restore workers rights that the GOP & Cheeto gutted
+17   

2 months ago '16        #7
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 87379 87 K  Slaps total: 11944 11 K
fu*k Kellogg's. Tried to give these people a sh*tty 3% raise I bet none of the people that put that offer together only got a 3% raise greedy fu*king suits
+22   

2 months ago '11        #8
BaseWhitaker 
Props total: 31283 31 K  Slaps total: 4643 4 K
Replace them with who, though?
+3   

2 months ago '19        #9
squadwhats 
Props total: 3451 3 K  Slaps total: 187 187
SMH, labor rights in this country be staying trash
+17   

2 months ago '20        #10
 squadwhats said
SMH, labor rights in this country be staying trash
They want it to be trash so they can screw who they want let's see what happens when these wyte boys gets screwed
+12   

2 months ago '09        #11
csmitty 
Props total: 1194 1 K  Slaps total: 107 107
fu*k Kellogg!

I'll just get store brand waffles and flakes until they concede to union

+12   

2 months ago '21        #12
Puddingpops  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 3242 3 K  Slaps total: 333 333
Back to buying generics.
Can't tell the diff between frosted shakes and frosted flakes, anyways.

+18   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #13
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 94181 94 K  Slaps total: 34907 34 K
They shoulda never offed Hoffa

2 months ago '17        #14
KingLogic 
Props total: 8817 8 K  Slaps total: 601 601
There's an Exxon oil refinery in Beaumont, TX that has locked their hourly workers out since around March. They've forced salary workers to work with no end in sight. They also hire temporary folks and retirees who need money to cross the picket line for support.

Pretty soon the company will have the right to fire those people if they don't get back to work or accept the contract. These corporations are playing hardball now and trying to get these unions outta their plants so they can treat workers however they want. Union jobs used to be some of the most secure. That's not necessarily the case anymore
+19   

2 months ago '04        #15
verbaldesypher 
Props total: 790 790  Slaps total: 77 77
fu*k Kellogg.long live labor unions!
+9   

2 months ago '05        #16
Tha TC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 34758 34 K  Slaps total: 1729 1 K
 KingLogic said
There's an Exxon oil refinery in Beaumont, TX that has locked their hourly workers out since around March. They've forced salary workers to work with no end in sight. They also hire temporary folks and retirees who need money to cross the picket line for support.

Pretty soon the company will have the right to fire those people if they don't get back to work or accept the contract. These corporations are playing hardball now and trying to get these unions outta their plants so they can treat workers however they want. Union jobs used to be some of the most secure. That's not necessarily the case anymore
Yep I’m in the plant right up 10 west from there… I’m expecting them to lock us out in the next 2 years I’m already plotting my escape from this sh*t hole. The pay is good but
+12   

2 months ago '17        #17
KingLogic 
Props total: 8817 8 K  Slaps total: 601 601
 Tha TC said
Yep Iím in the plant right up 10 west from thereÖ Iím expecting them to lock us out in the next 2 years Iím already plotting my escape from this sh*t hole. The pay is good but
I work in a refinery too. Contract time is always iffy, but the pay and the time off puts us in a position to get other hustles going and also finance them. I spent the past 4 years getting degrees on the clock and now I'm in the process of monetizing my passions. If you play it right the transition away from this craziness should be seamless.
+8   

2 months ago '17        #18
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 200453 200 K  Slaps total: 15252 15 K
Imagine feeling that giving these people who work 12 hour shifts every day a day off and a small raise is going too far. This is that red state right to work bs.
+12   

2 months ago '21        #19
Breaking News 
Props total: 441 441  Slaps total: 191 191
 FleshAxe said
Democrats are pretty much guaranteeing a loss in 2024.
+3   

2 months ago '21        #20
Fras 
Props total: 6587 6 K  Slaps total: 6080 6 K
I used to be 100% pro union. But once you dive deeper into it, it’s not as good as it seems on the surface. Unions are trash

2 months ago '20        #21
These union workers are base central for the tea party let's see what they complain about because they wanted their country back & got it back now the CEO's want to lower wages & compensation to look good to wall street .
+1   

2 months ago '18        #22
Capodecina  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36975 36 K  Slaps total: 2728 2 K
Somewhere Jimmy Hoffa is proud

2 months ago '11        #23
Blinx 182 
Props total: 10355 10 K  Slaps total: 2958 2 K
 Fras said
I used to be 100% pro union. But once you dive deeper into it, itís not as good as it seems on the surface. Unions are trash
Came in here to say this. Unions are glorified pimps.

2 months ago '06        #24
KornerBoy 
Props total: 5141 5 K  Slaps total: 490 490
 Boogersugar said
fu*k Kellogg's. Tried to give these people a sh*tty 3% raise I bet none of the people that put that offer together only got a 3% raise greedy fu*king suits
3% is actually better than most. Sounds crazy but these companies aint trying pay you a raise.

2 months ago '04        #25
verbaldesypher 
Props total: 790 790  Slaps total: 77 77
everyone that wants to talk bad about unions haven’t been in a union or were in a sh*tty union. If you believe you shouldn’t have rights as a worker you’re a fool. People have been buying into unions are bad since Reagan pulled his bullsh*t with the air traffic controllers.
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+24online now  16
Blue vs Green Bubbles: This video needed to be made thanks MKBHD
94 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+73online now  12
Harden Wants out (Allegedly)
255 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor brings monster energy
45 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Game calls out TI, Funk Flex & Ebro for their top 50 rappers lists the..
163 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy