online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Dec 7 - Kellogg to permanently replace striking workers as union rejects new contract

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 years ago '08        #1
2357 page views
41 comments

cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 65483 65 K  Slaps total: 3818 3 K
icon Dec 7 - Kellogg to permanently replace striking workers as union rejects new contract

Kellogg Co. said on Tuesday a majority of its U.S. cereal plant workers have voted against a new five-year contract, forcing it to hire permanent replacements as employees extend a strike that started more than two months ago.

Temporary replacements have already been working at its cereal plants in Michigan, Nebraska, Pennsylvania and Tennessee where 1,400 union members went on strike on Oct. 5 as their contracts expired and talks over payment and benefits stalled.

“While certainly not the result we had hoped for, we must take the necessary steps to ensure business continuity,” Kellogg said in a statement.

The company said “unrealistic expectations” created by the union meant none of its six offers, including the last one that proposed wage increases and allowed all tr@nsitional employees with four or more years of service to move to legacy positions, came to fruition.

Union members have said the proposed two-tier system, in which tr@nsitional employees get lesser pay and benefits compared to longer tenured workers would take power away from the union by removing the cap on how many lower tier employees it could have.

“They have made a ‘clear path’ — but while it is clear — it is too long and not fair to many,” Jeffrey Jens, a union member, said.

Several politicians including Democratic senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have voiced their support for the union, while many customers have said they are boycotting Kellogg’s products.

Kellogg is one of the several major U.S. firms that has faced worker strikes in the recent past as the labour market tightens. The company has also warned of a hit to profit from the strike, but was yet to quantify it.

Last month, farm equipment maker Deere & Co reached an agreement with striking workers.

https://financialpost.com .. s-new-contract

Last edited by cohs; 12-07-2021 at 12:20 PM..
+5   

icon
best
icon
worst
41 comments

2 years ago '04        #2
ddash 
Props total: 129166 129 K  Slaps total: 9070 9 K
Whale Damn
+6   

2 years ago '16        #3
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 135130 135 K  Slaps total: 27534 27 K
welp they had a good run
emoji

2 years ago '21        #4
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9336 9 K  Slaps total: 9445 9 K
Union failed them. Must be a bunch of dems innit

2 years ago '17        #5
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 144225 144 K  Slaps total: 59256 59 K
 FleshAxe said 🔗
Unions mostly fail in right to work states run because Republicans sabotage the unions. You should read the article, it tells you where the plants are. All right to work states where Unions have less power. Sucks idiots like you support that right to work garbage.
+41   

2 years ago '20        #6
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 97619 97 K  Slaps total: 19777 19 K
Maybe these wyte blue collar workers need to vote people in place to restore workers rights that the GOP & Cheeto gutted
+17   

2 years ago '16        #7
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 124198 124 K  Slaps total: 19018 19 K
fu#k Kellogg's. Tried to give these people a sh1tty 3% raise I bet none of the people that put that offer together only got a 3% raise greedy fu#king suits
emoji
+22   

2 years ago '11        #8
BaseWhitaker 
Props total: 39789 39 K  Slaps total: 6290 6 K
Replace them with who, though?
+3   

2 years ago '19        #9
squadwhats 
Props total: 4710 4 K  Slaps total: 264 264
SMH, labor rights in this country be staying trash
+17   

2 years ago '20        #10
 squadwhats said 🔗
SMH, labor rights in this country be staying trash
They want it to be trash so they can screw who they want let's see what happens when these wyte boys gets screwed
+12   

2 years ago '09        #11
csmitty 
Props total: 1369 1 K  Slaps total: 128 128
fu#k Kellogg!

I'll just get store brand waffles and flakes until they concede to union

emoji
+12   

2 years ago '21        #12
Puddingpops  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 10221 10 K  Slaps total: 1287 1 K
Back to buying generics.
Can't tell the diff between frosted shakes and frosted flakes, anyways.

emoji
+18   

2 years ago '17        #13
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 124620 124 K  Slaps total: 48364 48 K
They shoulda never offed Hoffa

2 years ago '17        #14
KingLogic 
Props total: 14344 14 K  Slaps total: 969 969
There's an Exxon oil refinery in Beaumont, TX that has locked their hourly workers out since around March. They've forced salary workers to work with no end in sight. They also hire temporary folks and retirees who need money to cross the picket line for support.

Pretty soon the company will have the right to fire those people if they don't get back to work or accept the contract. These corporations are playing hardball now and trying to get these unions outta their plants so they can treat workers however they want. Union jobs used to be some of the most secure. That's not necessarily the case anymore
+19   

2 years ago '04        #15
verbaldesypher 
Props total: 1410 1 K  Slaps total: 166 166
fu#k Kellogg.long live labor unions!
+9   

2 years ago '05        #16
Tha TC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 37825 37 K  Slaps total: 1862 1 K
 KingLogic said 🔗
There's an Exxon oil refinery in Beaumont, TX that has locked their hourly workers out since around March. They've forced salary workers to work with no end in sight. They also hire temporary folks and retirees who need money to cross the picket line for support.

Pretty soon the company will have the right to fire those people if they don't get back to work or accept the contract. These corporations are playing hardball now and trying to get these unions outta their plants so they can treat workers however they want. Union jobs used to be some of the most secure. That's not necessarily the case anymore
Yep I’m in the plant right up 10 west from there… I’m expecting them to lock us out in the next 2 years I’m already plotting my escape from this sh1t hole. The pay is good but
emoji
+12   

2 years ago '17        #17
KingLogic 
Props total: 14344 14 K  Slaps total: 969 969
 Tha TC said 🔗
Yep I’m in the plant right up 10 west from there… I’m expecting them to lock us out in the next 2 years I’m already plotting my escape from this sh1t hole. The pay is good but
emoji
I work in a refinery too. Contract time is always iffy, but the pay and the time off puts us in a position to get other hustles going and also finance them. I spent the past 4 years getting degrees on the clock and now I'm in the process of monetizing my passions. If you play it right the tr@nsition away from this craziness should be seamless.
+8   

2 years ago '17        #18
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 282686 282 K  Slaps total: 27250 27 K
Imagine feeling that giving these people who work 12 hour shifts every day a day off and a small raise is going too far. This is that red state right to work bs.
+12   

2 years ago '21        #19
Breaking News 
Props total: 443 443  Slaps total: 192 192
 FleshAxe said 🔗
Democrats are pretty much guaranteeing a loss in 2024.
+3   

2 years ago '21        #20
Fras 
Props total: 8593 8 K  Slaps total: 7887 7 K
I used to be 100% pro union. But once you dive deeper into it, it’s not as good as it seems on the surface. Unions are trash

2 years ago '20        #21
These union workers are base central for the tea party let's see what they complain about because they wanted their country back & got it back now the CEO's want to lower wages & compensation to look good to wall street .
+1   

2 years ago '18        #22
Capodecina  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52182 52 K  Slaps total: 3772 3 K
Somewhere Jimmy Hoffa is proud

2 years ago '11        #23
Blinx 182 
Props total: 17608 17 K  Slaps total: 4270 4 K
 Fras said 🔗
I used to be 100% pro union. But once you dive deeper into it, it’s not as good as it seems on the surface. Unions are trash
Came in here to say this. Unions are glorified pimps.

2 years ago '06        #24
KornerBoy 
Props total: 6875 6 K  Slaps total: 607 607
 Boogersugar said 🔗
fu#k Kellogg's. Tried to give these people a sh1tty 3% raise I bet none of the people that put that offer together only got a 3% raise greedy fu#king suits
emoji
3% is actually better than most. Sounds crazy but these companies aint trying pay you a raise.

2 years ago '04        #25
verbaldesypher 
Props total: 1410 1 K  Slaps total: 166 166
everyone that wants to talk bad about unions haven’t been in a union or were in a sh1tty union. If you believe you shouldn’t have rights as a worker you’re a fool. People have been buying into unions are bad since Reagan pulled his bullsh1t with the air traffic controllers.
+6   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+419
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+528
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+337
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
286 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
22 comments