Kevin Feige on the Inspiration for Venom Joining the MCU

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+139  185
88 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '18        #1
613 page views
9 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x133
Props total: 155596 155 K  Slaps total: 6452 6 K
Kevin Feige on the Inspiration for Venom Joining the MCU

"At the end of Venom: Let There Be Carnage, an already bonkers superhero movie, a new level of bonkersness is achieved. The Sony Marvel film part of a series of Sony Marvel films that are unrelated to the Disney MCU films unleashes a universe-melding post-credits sequence that smushes together heretofore separate film franchises, owned and distributed by these different studios. As Eddie/Venom (Tom Hardy) lies on a bed watching TV for some much-needed R&R, the reality around him shifts and morphs. And suddenly, Eddie and Venom are watching the final moments of Spider-Man: Far From Home, a Sony/Marvel movie that is part of the MCU. And suddenly, it seems as though Venom is about to come crashing into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

How is this happening? What prompted this collision? And does it really and for serious mean Venom, his chickens, and his glowsticks are in the MCU? Luckily, our very own Steve Weintraub talked to the one guy who would likely know the answers to these questions: Kevin Feige.

Feige, the president of Marvel Studios and producer of the MCU, spoke with us about the forthcoming Spider-Man: No Way Home, a film which boasts (and offers invitations to speculate upon) many universe-crossing appearances, with Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, and Jamie Foxx joining Tom Holland's world from their previous Spider-Man films. Feige spoke about the inspiration for putting Venom into the MCU, praising those Sony films and Hardy's work in the process:

"You look at the obvious comic connotations between Venom and Spider-Man and it is inherent. So the minute Sony made their Venom movie and it worked as well as it did, and Tom Hardy became as iconic as he has become as Venom, then the obvious question is then, 'How do we start to merge them?'"

Previously, Feige had spoken about the inter-studio communications that needed to happen for this Venom 2/MCU stinger to logistically happen: "There was a lot of coordination and if you dont know all the coordination yet, Im not going to be the one to tell you but yes, between Sony and Marvel and the Venom team and the No Way Home team. We worked together on it." Here, though, it's fascinating to hear Feige's creative reasonings for the crossover, from the obvious fidelity to the source material to Feige's admiration of the Venom films.

Will Venom rear his symbiote-addled head in Spider-Man: No Way Home? The only way to find out is when it comes to theaters on December 17, 2021. Be on the lookout for the rest of our interview with Kevin Feige soon.
+3   

best
worst
9 comments

1 month ago '12        #2
cal classick 
Props total: 51686 51 K  Slaps total: 1360 1 K
We get a proper Spider-Man vs Venom f*ght .

Damn I wish they aint k*ll off Carnage so quickly .

1 month ago '16        #3
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 87078 87 K  Slaps total: 11910 11 K
"Sony owns the Spider-Man license and we had to show em what that mouth do so that they would re-up for another trilogy with us. Now does anyone have any painkillers my jaw hurts"
+2   

1 month ago '11        #4
Panthro 808  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6829 6 K  Slaps total: 1721 1 K
 Boogersugar said
"Sony owns the Spider-Man license and we had to show em what that mouth do so that they would re-up for another trilogy with us. Now does anyone have any painkillers my jaw hurts"

1 month ago '09        #5
thegoldenhero 
Props total: 43183 43 K  Slaps total: 3639 3 K
 Boogersugar said
this post got me in tears lol.

1 month ago '05        #6
projectd06 
Props total: 33702 33 K  Slaps total: 8071 8 K
 cal classick said

[spoiler - click to view]

Damn you gonna post that as the 1st comment? What the fu*k

Man put some spoiler tags on that.

1 month ago '12        #7
cal classick 
Props total: 51686 51 K  Slaps total: 1360 1 K
 projectd06 said
Damn you gonna post that as the 1st comment? What the fu*k

Man put some spoiler tags on that.
My bad. Movie came out 2 months ago. Everyone shouldve saw it by now.

1 month ago '04        #8
Enc0re` 
Props total: 499 499  Slaps total: 118 118
 cal classick said

Damn I wish they aint k*ll off Carnage so quickly .
But since it's now in the Multiverse. They might be still alive

1 month ago '05        #9
projectd06 
Props total: 33702 33 K  Slaps total: 8071 8 K
 cal classick said
My bad. Movie came out 2 months ago. Everyone shouldve saw it by now.
Damn it's been out that long? Man I'm oblivious, ignore me lol

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+73online now  27
Be careful renting financed or leased cars on TURO *Repo*
118 comments
23 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+87online now  26
Image(s) inside New Coat Just Arrived!!