online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Kevin Feige on the Inspiration for Venom Joining the MCU

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 years ago '18        #1
1072 page views
9 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x255
Props total: 316962 316 K  Slaps total: 10372 10 K
icon Kevin Feige on the Inspiration for Venom Joining the MCU

YT

"At the end of Venom: Let There Be Carnage, an already bonkers superhero movie, a new level of bonkersness is achieved. The Sony Marvel film — part of a series of Sony Marvel films that are unrelated to the Disney MCU films — unleashes a universe-melding post-credits sequence that smushes together heretofore separate film franchises, owned and distributed by these different studios. As Eddie/Venom (Tom Hardy) lies on a bed watching TV for some much-needed R&R, the reality around him shifts and morphs. And suddenly, Eddie and Venom are watching the final moments of Spider-Man: Far From Home, a Sony/Marvel movie that is part of the MCU. And suddenly, it seems as though Venom is about to come crashing into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

How is this happening? What prompted this collision? And does it really and for serious mean Venom, his chickens, and his glowsticks are in the MCU? Luckily, our very own Steve Weintraub talked to the one guy who would likely know the answers to these questions: Kevin Feige.

Feige, the president of Marvel Studios and producer of the MCU, spoke with us about the forthcoming Spider-Man: No Way Home, a film which boasts (and offers invitations to speculate upon) many universe-crossing appearances, with Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, and Jamie Foxx joining Tom Holland's world from their previous Spider-Man films. Feige spoke about the inspiration for putting Venom into the MCU, praising those Sony films and Hardy's work in the process:

"You look at the obvious comic connotations between Venom and Spider-Man and it is inherent. So the minute Sony made their Venom movie and it worked as well as it did, and Tom Hardy became as iconic as he has become as Venom, then the obvious question is then, 'How do we start to merge them?'"

Previously, Feige had spoken about the inter-studio communications that needed to happen for this Venom 2/MCU stinger to logistically happen: "There was a lot of coordination — and if you don’t know all the coordination yet, I’m not going to be the one to tell you — but yes, between Sony and Marvel and the Venom team and the No Way Home team. We worked together on it." Here, though, it's fascinating to hear Feige's creative reasonings for the crossover, from the obvious fidelity to the source material to Feige's admiration of the Venom films.

Will Venom rear his symbiote-addled head in Spider-Man: No Way Home? The only way to find out is when it comes to theaters on December 17, 2021. Be on the lookout for the rest of our interview with Kevin Feige soon.
+3   

icon
best
icon
worst
9 comments

2 years ago '12        #2
cal classick 
Props total: 90350 90 K  Slaps total: 2386 2 K
We get a proper Spider-Man vs Venom fight
emoji

Damn I wish they aint ki1l off Carnage so quickly
emoji

2 years ago '16        #3
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 124200 124 K  Slaps total: 19018 19 K
"Sony owns the Spider-Man license and we had to show em what that mouth do so that they would re-up for another trilogy with us. Now does anyone have any painki1lers my jaw hurts"
+2   

2 years ago '11        #4
Panthro 808  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9923 9 K  Slaps total: 2179 2 K
emoji
 Boogersugar said 🔗
"Sony owns the Spider-Man license and we had to show em what that mouth do so that they would re-up for another trilogy with us. Now does anyone have any painki1lers my jaw hurts"

2 years ago '09        #5
thegoldenhero 
Props total: 66920 66 K  Slaps total: 4743 4 K
 Boogersugar said 🔗
this post got me in tears lol.

2 years ago '05        #6
projectd06 
Props total: 49385 49 K  Slaps total: 10654 10 K
 cal classick said 🔗
emoji

emoji
Damn you gonna post that as the 1st comment? What the fu#k
emoji

Man put some spoiler tags on that.

2 years ago '12        #7
cal classick 
Props total: 90350 90 K  Slaps total: 2386 2 K
 projectd06 said 🔗
Damn you gonna post that as the 1st comment? What the fu#k
emoji

Man put some spoiler tags on that.
My bad. Movie came out 2 months ago. Everyone should’ve saw it by now.

2 years ago '04        #8
Enc0re` 
Props total: 581 581  Slaps total: 141 141
 cal classick said 🔗
emoji

Damn I wish they aint ki1l off Carnage so quickly
emoji
But since it's now in the Multiverse. They might be still alive

2 years ago '05        #9
projectd06 
Props total: 49385 49 K  Slaps total: 10654 10 K
 cal classick said 🔗
My bad. Movie came out 2 months ago. Everyone should’ve saw it by now.
Damn it's been out that long? Man I'm oblivious, ignore me lol

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
99 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+819