A scene from the movie "Paid In Full" that bothers me

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
25 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '16        #1
3231 page views
84 comments

2advanced  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 17053 17 K  Slaps total: 5512 5 K
A scene from the movie "Paid In Full" that bothers me

This is a scene from Paid In Full where Mitch admonishes his crew for getting robbed by a man named "Duff". After Mitch sends his crewman to look for the robber he says :

"Y'all n*ggas gonna be looking for work in motherfu*ken Queens or some sh*t like that man , This Harlem man y'all n*ggas better hold it down"

That sh*t right there is bullsh*t. In that 80's era in which that movie was portrayed Queens n*ggas was getting way more money than those Harlem n*ggas. Fat Cat, The Supreme Team, Corley, was all stacking cash because Queens is a working middle class neighborhood where people have cash to spend on sh*t. Plus with Long Island connected to Queens the rich L.I. residents were coming to Queens to buy drugs in bulk.

(Fat Cat, Corley, Supreme)

A lot of guys are jealous of Queens because most black people from here grew up in private houses. While other boroughs there are more blacks living in low income housing . (I'm not putting low income residents down, but that's the truth)

I am not glorifying drug dealers or violence but n*ggas put down Queens like it's soft, from Southside, Far-Rock, Queensbridge, Roosevelt Avenue, there ain't sh*t soft about these areas.

Even Alpo in real life used to tell n*ggas all the time " lets go to Queens, lets go to 40 Projects"(thats South Jamaica Houses) He even fu*ked with Queens back in the day. (Alpo was Mitch who was portrayed in the movie by rapper Cam'ron)

How dare n*ggas diss my Hood like it's soft, Queens back in the day put in more work than Harlem n*ggas. sh*t is crazy even in real life when Rich Porter's (Mitch) brother got kidnapped he didnt even have the money to pay the ransom. A guy like Fat Cat was making that ransom money every week or so.

Til this day n*ggas diss Queens, They scream out "Qweennzzz" on some high pitch sh*t, but let me tell you Queens has money,with 2 major international airports JFK and Laguardia, The U.S. Open, and some of the best schools in America and also the birthplace of the iconic record label "Def Jam". Most residents live in middle class neighborhoods and sh*t is mostly quiet in areas. But Astoria on Steinway Street in Queens is where black night life is thriving right now. fu*k all these n*ggas who wanna diss my "Hood".

Last edited by 2advanced; 12-07-2021 at 12:13 AM..

best
worst
84 comments

2 months ago '16        #2
BobbiHeadRagTop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 101160 101 K  Slaps total: 4639 4 K
Ayo son ….its cool my g ain’t knobody got time for the bewlsh*t you complaining about. You eat? You got some bread? Fresh Fits?Hoes lined up? Fuk is all that sh*t you typin dunsun cut it out go outside son ….word to mutha b…
+66   

2 months ago '16        #3
2advanced  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
Props total: 17053 17 K  Slaps total: 5512 5 K
 BobbiHeadRagTop said
Ayo son ….its cool my g ain’t knobody got time for the bewlsh*t you complaining about. You eat? You got some bread? Fresh Fits?Hoes lined up? Fuk is all that sh*t you typin dunsun cut it out go outside son ….word to mutha b…
If you feel like it's bullsh*t....o.k. ....but i see bullsh*t posted on here everyday..... and i rarely post

2 months ago '21        #4
Aztec King 
Props total: 10232 10 K  Slaps total: 2511 2 K
 2advanced said

This is a scene from Paid In Full where Mitch admonishes his crew for getting robbed by a man named "Duff". After Mitch sends his crewman to look for the robber he says :

"Y'all n*ggas gonna be looking for work in motherfu*ken Queens or some sh*t like that man , This Harlem man y'all n*ggas better hold it down"

That sh*t right there is bullsh*t. In that 80's era in which that movie was portrayed Queens n*ggas was getting way more money than those Harlem n*ggas. Fat Cat, The Supreme Team, Corley, was all stacking cash because Queens is a working middle class neighborhood where people have cash to spend on sh*t. Plus with Long Island connected to Queens the rich L.I. residents were coming to Queens to buy drugs in bulk.

A lot of guys are jealous of Queens because most black people from here grew up in private houses. While other boroughs there are more blacks living in low income housing . (I'm not putting low income residents down, but that's the truth)

I am not glorifying drug dealers or violence but n*ggas put down Queens like it's soft, from Southside, Far-Rock, Queensbridge, Roosevelt Avenue, there ain't sh*t soft about these areas.

Even Alpo in real life used to tell n*ggas all the time " lets go to Queens, lets go to 40 Projects"(thats South Jamaica Houses) He even fu*ked with Queens back in the day. (Alpo was Mitch who was portrayed in the movie by rapper Cam'ron)

How dare n*ggas diss my Hood like it's soft, Queens back in the day put in more work than Harlem n*ggas. sh*t is crazy even in real life when Rich Porter's (Mitch) brother got kidnapped he didnt even have the money to pay the ransom. A guy like Fat Cat was making that ransom money every week or so.

Til this day n*ggas diss Queens, They scream out "Qweennzzz" on some high pitch sh*t, but let me tell you Queens has money,with 2 major international airports JFK and Laguardia, The U.S. Open, and some of the best schools in America and also the birthplace of the iconic record label "Def Jam". Most residents live in middle class neighborhoods and sh*t is mostly quiet in areas. But Astoria on Steinway Street in Queens is where black night life is thriving right now. fu*k all these n*ggas who wanna diss my "Hood".
Nobody really cares about that sh*t. Lol. It's a movie.
+38   

2 months ago '16        #5
 2advanced said
If you feel like it's bullsh*t....o.k. ....but i see bullsh*t posted on here everyday..... and i rarely post
Ok. So what is the point your making plair? Srs question.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #6
Young Fab 
Props total: 30739 30 K  Slaps total: 9249 9 K
 BobbiHeadRagTop said
Ayo son Ö.its cool my g ainít knobody got time for the bewlsh*t you complaining about. You eat? You got some bread? Fresh Fits?Hoes lined up? Fuk is all that sh*t you typin dunsun cut it out go outside son Ö.word to mutha bÖ
+4   

2 months ago '15        #7
Always Good  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13602 13 K  Slaps total: 3330 3 K
Op a Lame Fr
+11   

2 months ago '16        #8
 Young Fab said
Run dat avy plair dem Swangas lookin like
+1   

2 months ago '06        #9
Badnewz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 120084 120 K  Slaps total: 1709 1 K
I mean it's "Queens get the money" right
+6   

2 months ago '17        #10
SupremeBeing5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21511 21 K  Slaps total: 6407 6 K
n*ggas really making threads like this?
+14   

2 months ago '16        #11
Boogie1790  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 64833 64 K  Slaps total: 10242 10 K
Op is wrong simply cuz harlem/Manhattan is the money capital of the world
+9   

2 months ago '19        #12
JUANCEASAR 
Props total: 4169 4 K  Slaps total: 372 372
Yo OP did you really take a film scene to heart?
+13   

2 months ago '11        #13
Da Truth23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 25187 25 K  Slaps total: 3539 3 K
It’s called being in different boroughs.

Or in other places. Being in different neighborhoods.

East side. West side

Joy rd schoolcraft 7 mile 5 mile bloods crip GD VL BD

lol
+6   

2 months ago '04        #14
LordBlanco|M  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 59333 59 K  Slaps total: 4652 4 K

i imagine OP watching that scene n flipping the fk out
+19   

2 months ago '04        #15
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 57964 57 K  Slaps total: 7265 7 K
The fu*k happened to this site, man?
+13   

2 months ago '21        #16
Aztec King 
Props total: 10232 10 K  Slaps total: 2511 2 K
 LordBlanco said

i imagine OP watching that scene n flipping the fk out

+14   

2 months ago '16        #17
Eastcoast 
Props total: 9805 9 K  Slaps total: 2668 2 K
 2advanced said

Not only false, but queens had less competition. Queens isnít soft but anyone from that era would let you know that Brooklyn and The Bronx was the most dangerous, Harlem was the flashiest and making money hand over fist from all that Wall Street money, suburbia Jersey, Westchester, etc.

Of course these things goes in waves.
+4   

2 months ago '17        #18
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 99062 99 K  Slaps total: 28028 28 K
Bruh…. If queens was making money, then what he said was that they can go make money over there with the other n*ggas….

He was talking bout the murder aspect in Harlem. Not taking sh*t… “holdin it down”.

And what n*ggas DONT big up their cities?? Everybody claims there city is the most gangsta… makin the most money…. Got the baddest bi*ches… best weather Etc etc etc etc

It ain’t that serious. So what. U did all that research just cuz a n*gga said his city Gettin money?????

U gotta hold down this slap bruh
+6   

2 months ago '10        #19
SmoothTay 
Props total: 91400 91 K  Slaps total: 11206 11 K
I love my city

2 months ago '12        #20
ezduzit 
Props total: 48638 48 K  Slaps total: 4703 4 K
Op gotta be white
+3   

2 months ago '15        #21
johnphnx 
Props total: 5448 5 K  Slaps total: 714 714
 2advanced said

You provided proof of why what he said was true. Harlem n*ggas had to hustle harder because the pie was smaller than queens. Hence saying y'all gotta hold it down as your own man. A n*gga took your sh*t. I put you on you not my flunkie. If you won't go defend yourself then fu*k the money you can't come around.
+4   

2 months ago '15        #22
altaluv 
Props total: 4167 4 K  Slaps total: 1282 1 K
 2advanced said

Are you a child. Im out here in the wild Rocky mountains of Canada. I make more guap, and ill quickly gun these fake thugs down no problem. Dont matter where ya live at kid.

2 months ago '15        #23
Nashid 
Props total: 160 160  Slaps total: 5 5
He said he is going to look for work in Queens because he is unemployable in Harlem for getting robbed. It’s no diss, he lost his man card he n his own hood.
+5   

2 months ago '19        #24
OaklandSmokin 
Props total: 7488 7 K  Slaps total: 481 481
Paid In Full is like the movie Roots to NYers
It wasnt even that good.

Yall know that its not a documentary, right?

2 months ago '16        #25
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 128049 128 K  Slaps total: 25569 25 K
 2advanced said

I thought the whole nyc was nothing but buildings these nuccas been hiding houses in the cut the whole time

My BM from queens and I mostly been in brooklyn. I remember the first time I went to queens and saw houses I was like.

these mf been hiding houses the whole time. I thought the whole NYC was buildings

Last edited by foshoVoodoo; 12-07-2021 at 01:52 AM..
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  25
Average Python Developer Salary By State
27 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+51online now  13
Video inside Ozark Season 4 Pt 1 scene that gave me chills *Spoilers*
110 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+250online now  12
Video inside Be Careful What You Ask For
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  11
Image(s) inside Other than Magneto and apocalypse who is the X-Men's top villain
176 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy