Dec 6 - Jussie Smollett: "I am a Black man in America. I do not trust the police.”

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '04        #1
3966 page views
107 comments

x Tha Arkitek x  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 21873 21 K  Slaps total: 3001 3 K
Dec 6 - Jussie Smollett: "I am a Black man in America. I do not trust the police.”

Why this man acting like this? The most laughable defense coming from someone like him. Stop trying to play victim. image

CHICAGO (AP) — Former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett denied Monday that he staged an anti-gay, racist attack on himself in downtown Chicago, testifying at his trial that “there was no hoax.”

Smollett, who faces charges that he lied to Chicago police about the January 2019 attack, sought to refute damaging testimony from two brothers last week. They said Smollett, who is gay and Black, orchestrated the hoax to get publicity, giving them $100 for supplies and instructing them to place a noose around his neck and yell homophobic slurs. They also said Smollett gave them a $3,500 check to carry it out.

Smollett told jurors he had just returned from a trip and was walking home after buying a sandwich when someone yelled to him about the TV show then shouted a racist, homophobic remark. Smollett said he was angry and turned around to confront the person, who he said towered over him.

Standing up in the Chicago courtroom, Smollett demonstrated how he said the man walked quickly toward him, then pointed to his left temple to show the jury where the man hit him.

“I would like to think I landed a punch. But I don’t know if it landed,” Smollett said. He said he slipped and they tussled on the ground for up to 30 seconds. Smollett said he saw a second person — who he believes kicked him on his side — as that person ran away.

Smollett said he a*sumed the person who attacked him was white because he used a racial slur and shouted it was “MAGA country,” an apparent reference to then-President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.” The brothers, Abimbola and Olabingo Osundairo, who are Black, testified last week that Smollett instructed them to yell “this is MAGA country” during the fake a*sault.

Smollett said he picked up his phone and told the person he had been talking to that he “got jumped.” He noticed he had a noose around his neck as he got up, grabbed his sandwich and went up to his apartment. Smollett said he removed the noose but a friend who was at his apartment called police and told him to put the noose back on so officers could see it. Smollett said he was upset police had been called because he would never have done so.

I am a Black man in America. I do not trust the police,” Smollett said. “I am also a well known figure at that time and I am an openly gay man.image

Smollett also testified he wrote the $3,500 check for nutrition and training advice from Abimbola Osundairo while he was going to be out of town. Asked by his defense attorney if he gave Osundairo payment for some kind of hoax, Smollett replied: “Never.”

The attorney asked again if he planned a hoax.

“No,” Smollett said, “there was no hoax.”

He also said “absolutely not” when asked if he gave Osundairo and his brother $100 to pay for supplies for the fake attack.

Smollett said after news broke that everyone — including Trump — had an opinion about what happened, and that he hated the attention.

“I’ve lost my livelihood,” he added.

Smollett also testified that Osundairo told him about an herbal steroid that encourages weight loss but is illegal in the U.S. He said Osundairo told the actor he could get him some “on the low” — or secretly — while he was on an upcoming trip to Nigeria.

Osundairo testified that Smollett sent him a text message — which jurors saw last week — about talking “on the low,” and that during the conversation Smollett asked him about helping to stage the attack. Smollett said Monday that message was in reference to the illegal steroid, and he used language Osundairo had used previously.

Defense attorneys have suggested the Osundairo brothers were motivated to accuse Smollett of staging the hoax because they disliked him and then saw an opportunity to make money. They suggested that after the brothers were questioned by police about the alleged attack, they asked Smollett for $1 million each to not testify against him at trial.

Smollett’s lawyers also have argued that Chicago police rushed to judgment when they brought charges against Smollett, and suggested a third person may have been involved in the attack.

Smollett said he met Abimbola Osundairo in 2017 at a club, where he learned Osundairo also worked on the set of “Empire.” He said the two men did drugs together and went to a bathhouse, where Smollett said they “made out.” Over time, he said the two men did more drugs and participated in s*x acts together. Osundairo testified last week that he and Smollett didn’t have a s*xual relationship.

Smollett testified that he met Abimbola’s brother, Olabingo, but that they didn’t speak and “he kind of freaked me out.” He said Abimbola Osundairo made it seem like they needed to “sneak off” when they were together around his brother. Smollett said he never trusted Olabingo Osundairo.

Prosecutors say Smollett staged the attack because he was unhappy with the “Empire” studio’s response to hate mail he received. The letter including a drawing of a stick figure hanging by a noose, with a gun pointed at it, and the word “MAGA.”

Brett Mahoney, who produced “Empire” in Chicago, testified earlier Monday that law enforcement was contacted and the letter turned over to authorities. He said Smollett agreed to added on-set security, but didn’t want anyone following him home because it was too intrusive.

Smollett testified that he thought the studio was doing or suggesting too much security, such as wanting someone to drive him to and from the set. He said Abimbola Osundairo joked about becoming his security, but that he didn’t take it seriously.

Also Monday, security guard Anthony Moore said that around the time of the alleged a*sault, he saw a person on the ground at the end of the block and two men running, one of whom was white. Moore said he told police what he saw, but when he was later questioned by the special prosecutor he felt pressured to change his story. Moore testified that he signed a statement that said the person was “possibly” a Black man, but that he felt “pressure and threatened to put something out there that I didn’t see.”

Under cross-examination, Moore said he only saw the man for one to two seconds. He also said he thought the men were fooling around, and that the two men were laughing as they ran by him.

Smollett, 39, is charged with six counts of felony disorderly conduct for making what prosecutors say was a false police report about the alleged attack — one count for each time he gave a report — to three different officers. The class 4 felony carries a prison sentence of up to three years, but experts have said if Smollett is convicted he likely would be placed on probation and ordered to perform community service.

Source: visit this link Boston Globe

Last edited by x Tha Arkitek x; 12-06-2021 at 06:07 PM..
+5   

best
worst
107 comments

2 months ago '21        #2
brolickid  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 33746 33 K  Slaps total: 29428 29 K
Batty man dem chat too much chicago version of @

Last edited by brolickid; 12-07-2021 at 07:52 AM..
+23   

2 months ago '17        #3
lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 70042 70 K  Slaps total: 6742 6 K
The new 2pac is sticking to the original fishy story
+35   

2 months ago '16        #4
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 128418 128 K  Slaps total: 25614 25 K
gays count as 2 wipipo and 0 black people
+35   

2 months ago '06        #5
LeMar G 
Props total: 79860 79 K  Slaps total: 8323 8 K
n*ggas be like "I hAtE gAyS"

But be the first people in any thread about someone or something gay
+21   

2 months ago '17        #6
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 94439 94 K  Slaps total: 34988 34 K
 LeMar G said
n*ggas be like "I hAtE gAyS"

But be the first people in any thread about someone or something gay
Very homophobic post sir

2 months ago '06        #7
LeMar G 
Props total: 79860 79 K  Slaps total: 8323 8 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Very homophobic post sir
How unironic of you to show up
+6   

2 months ago '17        #8
 LeMar G said
How unironic of you to show up
I usually show up to threads with great comedy potential
+10   

2 months ago '04        #9
1000bluntz 
Props total: 36068 36 K  Slaps total: 8402 8 K
This dude need mental help more than most, the piece of sh*t.
+27   

2 months ago '04        #10
adthekidd 
Props total: 8493 8 K  Slaps total: 1184 1 K
lmaooo you're a real life bozo if you ever believed this sh*t

From the moment i heard it I knew it was fake

meanwhile you had stupid articles like this flowing around

+50   

2 months ago '17        #11
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 122065 122 K  Slaps total: 15391 15 K
I hate to say this... I actually never thought I would but..

This is the most blatant use of the race card I've ever seen. He even tried to swipe the LGTBIAQ card after the race card was denied.

Why not just take the plea, get a few months + community service and call it a day? How bad can prison be for a gay man? [] []

His lawyer is helping him dig an even deeper ditch. You don't make it back from an L like this. Career? Done. Name? You're forever Juicy now. Family name? soiled.

I would've put all my focus on the best plea deal available. They probably didn't offer him one knowing they had him buried any way.
+41   

2 months ago '18        #12
addth3sauce  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8446 8 K  Slaps total: 633 633

+38   

2 months ago '16        #13
that nucca gotta check wipipo on the census

Last edited by foshoVoodoo; 12-06-2021 at 10:16 PM..
+4   

2 months ago '04        #14
Fresh Beats 
Props total: 35041 35 K  Slaps total: 1156 1 K
Story started off fishy. This man was really walking around the crib with the noose around his neck when the police got there. That's what confirmed it was nonsense for me. Just take the L and move on.

+20   

2 months ago '17        #15
 adthekidd said

We was really supposed to believe a dude went out in a fu*king blizzard for some damn Subway

Then we was supposed to believe two white dudes that watched Empire went to Chicago at 2 in the morning with a noose

n*gga Star’s coverage of that sh*t was beyond comedy

Honestly feel that had a crazy negative impact on the perception of democrats
+24   

2 months ago '14        #16
breezeus313 
Props total: 12897 12 K  Slaps total: 782 782
 adthekidd said

Wasn't no n*gga going out during the polar vortex especially a gay n*gga at that
+13   

2 months ago '20        #17
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 48846 48 K  Slaps total: 8972 8 K
Give him probation & a job picking up trash on the freeway for 3 months if he loses
+3   

2 months ago '16        #18
 Fresh Beats said
Story started off fishy. This man was really walking around the crib with the noose around his neck when the police got there. That's what confirmed it was nonsense for me. Just take the L and move on.

officer knew from the jump he lying that raggedy looking noose. Every kkk been r*ped by every eagle scout n boys scouts counselor in the state. They all make perfect nooses because the ones that didn't got r*ped

Last edited by foshoVoodoo; 12-06-2021 at 10:57 PM..
+8   

2 months ago '18        #19
BlaqThum 
Props total: 13972 13 K  Slaps total: 862 862
What happened with the maxwell bi*ch… she still on trial or is this bullshyt the type of shyt they tryna put on front street?
+10   

2 months ago '16        #20
 BlaqThum said
What happened with the maxwell bi*ch… she still on trial or is this bullshyt the type of shyt they tryna put on front street?
the timing
+9   

2 months ago '17        #21
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 55306 55 K  Slaps total: 11927 11 K
Bruh man might be fr crazy. n*gga you were on trial for lying about an a*sault that you publicized for clout.

You done dawg.

You cant be famous no more. And I didnt even give a fu*k about that whole thing.
+10   

2 months ago '16        #22
 BlaqThum said
the timing

woman testified in giselle maxwell case that when she was 14 maga n epstein r*ped her and epstein used to pimp her to maga. They took away the statute of limitations on r*pe. why maga not locked up
 ProfessionalDon said
Now you see why Trump had him wacked

All that bullsh*t about Trump banned Jeffrey from Mar a Lago when infact Jeffrey was taking underage girls to meet with Trump

He had dirt on Trump

Also there was another girl who filed a lawsuit in 2007 claiming Trump and Epstein r*ped her when she was 13 years old. She dropped the lawsuit due to pressure

Trump and Jeffrey were close, running trains on underage girls during the 80s and 90s

The biggest scandal is how Jeffrey Epstein was silenced and how both right and left wing media glossed over it. Epstein had dirt on everyone, Trump was compromised just as much as Clinton
she clearly says in trial epstein pimped her to trump but the media reports it like this

Last edited by foshoVoodoo; 12-06-2021 at 09:04 PM..
+4   

2 months ago '21        #23
Ragermane 
Props total: 985 985  Slaps total: 89 89

2 months ago '17        #24
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 55306 55 K  Slaps total: 11927 11 K
 BlaqThum said
You could literally just google “ghislane maxwell” and you can see all the major publications making articles about it HOURS ago

It’s cute yall think BX News is the epicenter for all current events.
+16   

2 months ago '14        #25
MomsDigMe 
Props total: 12034 12 K  Slaps total: 3557 3 K
“This is MAGA country, f*g**t empire ******!”

+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  18
[Health] Green Juicing…Why you need it.
34 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+68online now  18
Video inside Wait WTF... Did Anyone Know About This Secret In Super Mario Brothers?&..
75 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+315online now  5
Video inside Benny the Butcher & J. Cole - Johnny P's Caddy
269 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+33online now  3
Image(s) inside Jan 27 - Straight A college student sold illegal guns to undies