This 24-year-old artist has made over $300,000 in 10 months selling NFTs

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section guap

2 months ago '16        #1
5980 page views
107 comments

l3altimore7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 6561 6 K  Slaps total: 613 613
This 24-year-old artist has made over $300,000 in 10 months selling NFTs

Since February, Lana Denina has earned over $300,000 from selling her art as NFTs, or nonfungible tokens, on various platforms. But only a month earlier, she just began learning what they are.

At the time, "I didn't know anything about blockchain," the 24-year-old tells CNBC Make It. She started looking into it, and "I was mind blown," she says. "It was completely revolutionary."

As a painter, Denina was instantly impressed with the technology and its ability to act as a vehicle for proof of ownership for artists, she says. "Traditional galleries are kind of like the old world," since there isn't much diversity, Denina says. "I never felt fully attracted to it, especially as a woman of color."

Unlike traditional markets for art, NFTs and Web3 allows artists to create their own galleries and set their own prices online, Denina explains. Artists can also earn royalties on secondary sales of their work with NFTs. Denina herself earns 10%.

"I hope to inspire more creatives who look like me to step a foot into tech," she says.

Denina, who is based in Montreal, Canada, started selling NFTs of paintings she created one by one, but later began to list entire collections. Though both are unique, the single works are one-of-one, non-generative pieces, whereas collections are often generative and meant to be collectibles.

She minted her most recent collection, called the Mona Lana, in November, and it sold out within weeks.

The Mona Lana collection includes 500 unique portraits of women created by Denina. Each portrait was generated by code with 112 different traits, she says.

"It took off very fast. I was really surprised," Denina says. "I don't know if I got lucky. It was a big success for me and my partner. We worked a lot on this project, and we were really happy." While Denina works with a partner, she creates all of the art herself. She did not disclose whether profits are split.

In her work, Denina represents of people of color and Black culture, she says, which has resonated deeply with many in the NFT community. She feels especially grateful when customers say they decided to buy their first NFT after seeing her work.

"When they saw the Mona Lana, they really wanted to buy an NFT," she says. "Before that, they were looking at other projects, and they didn't feel fully represented maybe."

Once the Mona Lana collection passes 100 ether in volume traded, Denina plans to give a percentage of sales to Cyber Baat, a creator DAO collective that supports African artists, and donate to women's shelters in Canada. As of now, she's close, at 99.5 ether in volume traded.

Though Denina is doing well in the NFT space and says it is different from the traditional market, there is still work to do regarding inclusivity and support, she says.

"As a young woman of color in this space, it has been 100 times more hard to be respected and seen as equal as the other bros of this space," Denina tweeted in November. "However, I've also met incredibly supporting, extremely intelligent and talented people."
+84   

best
worst
107 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
SquirrelXss 
Props total: 10002 10 K  Slaps total: 2967 2 K
Props to her.
+32   

2 months ago '16        #3
Dino87 
Props total: 4273 4 K  Slaps total: 1696 1 K
she's using her demograph to hide the actual crime of money laundering thru Blockchain volatility.....

She's been sponsored and I need to talk to her sponsor

And she's a mix of Latino Island people and so she uses "ppl of color" to provide a scapegoat of acceptance.

IM NOT IMPRESSED BY THIS SCAMMER AND HER TROUPE OF a*sWIPES

Last edited by Dino87; 12-05-2021 at 03:59 PM..
+62   

2 months ago '05        #4
That Dude 
Props total: 9601 9 K  Slaps total: 1029 1 K
Yup all is possible in the blockchain Crypto space. I'm probably up over $250,000 or more in crypto alone. In before f*g**ts say "but but crypto is a scam"

Last edited by That Dude; 12-05-2021 at 04:28 PM..
+41   

2 months ago '17        #5
Fortune  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 53434 53 K  Slaps total: 3991 3 K
boss up then!
+3   

2 months ago '19        #6
Legit Trap 
Props total: 3770 3 K  Slaps total: 130 130
 That Dude said
Yup all is possible in the blockchain Cypto space. I'm probably up over $250,000 or more in crypto alone. In before f*g**ts say "but but crypto is a scam"

Sell me some knowledge my dude! Seriously. I just finally started taking crypto seriously & just bought a NFT “bible” I’m going to dive into tonight.

+17   

2 months ago '05        #7
That Dude 
 Legit Trap said
Sell me some knowledge my dude! Seriously. I just finally started taking crypto seriously & just bought a NFT “bible” I’m going to dive into tonight.

Honestly I know of NFT's but I have never purchased one. I invest and trade crypto/stocks and Gold. I also stake and yield farm crypto some have 500% returns some have over 2,000% returns. My knowledge honestly came from watching YouTube following the right people and up and coming projects. Doing hours of research and DD. All I can tell you is buy $ADA and hold buy $CKB (Nervos) and hold
+25   

2 months ago '15        #8
dipset2087 
Props total: 4850 4 K  Slaps total: 1850 1 K
what platform do you sell an nft on
+4   

2 months ago '08        #9
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39260 39 K  Slaps total: 3075 3 K
 Dino87 said
she's using her demograph to hide the actual crime of money laundering thru Blockchain volatility.....

She's been sponsored and I need to talk to her sponsor

And she's a mix of Latino Island people and so she uses "ppl of color" to provide a scapegoat of acceptance.

IM NOT IMPRESSED BY THIS SCAMMER AND HER TROUPE OF a*sWIPES
I wouldn’t even be surprised.
+6   

2 months ago '08        #10
FlyboyCaz 
Props total: 8053 8 K  Slaps total: 805 805
 That Dude said
Honestly I know of NFT's but I have never purchased one. I invest and trade crypto/stocks and Gold. I also stake and yield farm crypto some have 500% returns some have over 2,000% returns. My knowledge honestly came from watching YouTube following the right people and up and coming projects. Doing hours of research and DD. All I can tell you is buy $ADA and hold buy $CKB (Nervos) and hold
Props I been getting into stocks since last yr just learning on youtube n sh*t. I know ada what is CKB about?
+2   

2 months ago '14        #11
DJ HiStakes 
Props total: 1413 1 K  Slaps total: 477 477
I might start coding for nfts
+3   

2 months ago '18        #12
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10317 10 K  Slaps total: 2150 2 K
 dipset2087 said

Most popular atm ...1st result on Google "where to sell nft"
+5   

2 months ago '15        #13
Hellmatic 
Props total: 48337 48 K  Slaps total: 4654 4 K
 dipset2087 said
Opensea is the most popular and the one theyre talking about. Gas fees be expensive tho so look out for that
+4   

2 months ago '05        #14
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 121720 121 K  Slaps total: 40827 40 K
 Hellmatic said
Opensea is the most popular and the one theyre talking about. Gas fees be expensive tho so look out for that
What is gas fee
+4   

2 months ago '14        #15
OCT DION 
Props total: 31083 31 K  Slaps total: 3033 3 K
I love to see an artist being able to make this much money off her art but this NFT thing just feel mad fu*kin stupid to me on cool
+6   

2 months ago '05        #16
That Dude 
 FlyboyCaz said
Props I been getting into stocks since last yr just learning on youtube n sh*t. I know ada what is CKB about?
CKB is the blockchain for all crypto blockchains to communicate with each other. Provides interopbrability seamlessly with other chains, cheap fees etc. Its a store of value token you can rent out your CKB and earn passive income. Basically staking and yield farming (google it) also go on Youtube and type in Kevin Wang Nervos watch his interviews to get familiar with the project.
+7   

2 months ago '05        #17
rashcobar 
Props total: 16432 16 K  Slaps total: 2637 2 K
Dope... She a good artist too.
+1   

2 months ago '11        #18
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 57985 57 K  Slaps total: 41540 41 K
aka crypto onlyfans...n*ggas will buy anything if a pretty bi*ch is behind it
+27   

2 months ago '15        #19
Hellmatic 
Props total: 48337 48 K  Slaps total: 4654 4 K
 Tha Boss said
What is gas fee
https://etherscan.io/gastracker
+2   

2 months ago '18        #20
classicrap1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 18765 18 K  Slaps total: 23297 23 K
i do not understand why anybody would want to pay 100 or 300 for nft. i do not get it. why would i pay 200 or 300 for something i can look at on the internet for free.
+7   

2 months ago '05        #21
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 121720 121 K  Slaps total: 40827 40 K
 classicrap1 said
i do not understand why anybody would want to pay 100 or 300 for nft. i do not get it. why would i pay 200 or 300 for something i can look at on the internet for free.
I’ve asked this often and always get a response of “ownership” then I respond with what’s stopping me from saving the nft as a jpeg and now I own it to. Never any replies to that
+19   

2 months ago '19        #22
Occult Mayne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 86740 86 K  Slaps total: 12904 12 K
 That Dude said
Yup all is possible in the blockchain Crypto space. I'm probably up over $250,000 or more in crypto alone. In before f*g**ts say "but but crypto is a scam"

Do u dump into stable coins or are u strictly altcoins?
+1   

2 months ago '07        #23
A-L-P 
Props total: 9099 9 K  Slaps total: 1009 1 K
 classicrap1 said
So they can sell it later for a higher price.
+5   

2 months ago '05        #24
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 52116 52 K  Slaps total: 17501 17 K
 That Dude said
Why?
+1   

2 months ago '15        #25
CALL AGAIN 
Props total: 23249 23 K  Slaps total: 2932 2 K
All i can say it’s not natural not knowing sh*t about a thing one month and the next month you supposedly making hundreds and thousands off it? Every pimp, playah, hustler particle in my body gets nothing but red flags hearing these types of stories.
+24   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
Video inside 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor brings monster energy
45 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+19online now  12
Jan 24 - Welp they beat the brakes off great granny
55 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-77online now  9
Image(s) inside Gucci won. Jeezy and Jeanie Mai raising child to be gender fluid.
178 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+59online now  5
Video inside How do you feel about a woman asking for money in the first date?
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy