Dec 5 - Biden's Infrastructure Bill Contains Backdoor Killswitch For Cars

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '17        #1
4521 page views
116 comments

TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 122064 122 K  Slaps total: 15391 15 K
Dec 5 - Biden's Infrastructure Bill Includes Backdoor k*llswitch For Cars

Totalitarianism under the guise of 'for your safety' ftw AGAIN. All new cars after 26' will have to have a k*ll switch that can be turned on by a third party remotely (by the authorities). Watch used car sales spike again. I bet they find a way to legislate cars without them off the road in due time though.

No more high speed car chases in 15 years California.

infrastructure legislation recently signed by President Joe Biden is a little-noticed “safety” measure that will take effect in five years. Marketed to Congress as a benign tool to help prevent drunk driving, the measure will mandate that automobile manufacturers build into every car what amounts to a “vehicle k*ll switch.”

As has become standard for legislative mandates passed by Congress, this measure is disturbingly short on details. What we do know is that the “safety” device must “passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired.”

Everything about this mandatory measure should set off red flares.

First, use of the word “passively” suggests the system will always be on and constantly monitoring the vehicle. Secondly, the system must connect to the vehicle’s operational controls, so as to disable the vehicle either before driving or during, when impairment is detected. Thirdly, it will be an “open” system, or at least one with a backdoor, meaning authorized (or unauthorized) third-parties can remotely access the system’s data at any time.

This is a privacy disaster in the making, and the fact that the provision made it through the Congress reveals — yet again — how little its members care about the privacy of their constituents.

Last edited by TheLastNonEarth; 12-05-2021 at 12:19 PM..
+34   

best
worst
116 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 97704 97 K  Slaps total: 18584 18 K
If you don’t think ECUs already do this in new cars I have some bad news for you…
+51   

2 months ago '17        #3
Skrr 
Props total: 3364 3 K  Slaps total: 458 458
The effect of stopping a car can still be done. One is via a k*ll switch. The other is via helicopters, spike strips, etc

Everyone here thinks they're gonna be on some vin diesel sh*t one day, avoid all of the above, and the k*ll switch will become the problem? Lol
+37   

2 months ago '17        #4
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21 OP
 Skateboard T said
If you don’t think ECUs already do this in new cars I have some bad news for you…
Thanks for the info comrade Tyler.
+12   

2 months ago '15        #5
PineappleOG 
Props total: 44858 44 K  Slaps total: 8691 8 K
Duh doesn’t matter who we elect, owned by the same corps whether red or blue. Biden a whole hoe n a half for not speaking on Steven Donziger. fu*k Joe Biden, serious about climate change. But silent in defending those really f*ghting the f*ght
+33   

2 months ago '11        #6
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 173738 173 K  Slaps total: 23728 23 K
What are the parameters for use of this k*ll switch
+1   

2 months ago '21        #7
LuxG2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27530 27 K  Slaps total: 5613 5 K
 Skateboard T said
My Yukon Denali has this now with OnStar…this isn’t anything new…if people read the terms & conditions they will see especially in GMC & Cadillac vehicles OnStar can turn your car off, track you, they can even listen in on your conversations for “safety purposes”…. Yes you can opt out (which i did) but let’s be real it’s always there if they or police want to turn it on at anytime.
+34   

2 months ago '16        #8
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 128418 128 K  Slaps total: 25614 25 K
yall keep voting for kkk and this keep on happening
+12   

2 months ago '15        #9
PineappleOG 
 foshoVoodoo said
yall keep voting for kkk and this keep on happening
That's the only thing on the ballot
+43   

2 months ago '17        #10
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 94439 94 K  Slaps total: 34988 34 K
 Sin said
What are the parameters for use of this k*ll switch
This is my concern
+8   

2 months ago '17        #11
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21 OP
 LuxG2 said
My Yukon Denali has this now with OnStar…this isn’t anything new…if people read the terms & conditions they will see especially in GMC & Cadillac vehicles OnStar can turn your car off, track you, they can even listen in on your conversations for “safety purposes”…. Yes you can opt out (which i did) but let’s be real it’s always there if they or police want to turn it on at anytime.
These changes will be mandatory.

That's the detail that Tyler @ also missed. Tyler is speculating that all newer car ECUs can be deactivated but wouldn't that eliminate new car chases which we still see today? Moreover, is it already customary for vehicles to detect whether or not you're impaired?

As has become standard for legislative mandates passed by Congress, this measure is disturbingly short on details. What we do know is that the “safety” device must “passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired.”

Lastly.... And this is important--- it takes elementary logic to understand though: Who is making the argument that there already isn't some variation of this technology in existence that is optional as you pointed out?
+9   

2 months ago '18        #12
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 121006 121 K  Slaps total: 14980 14 K
 PineappleOG said
That's the only thing on the ballot
It isn’t n*gga. Is that what the RNC & DNC told you to believe?
+5   

2 months ago '15        #13
Lockwind 
Props total: 3370 3 K  Slaps total: 1975 1 K
Just make your payments on time

2 months ago '15        #14
PineappleOG 
 SFamilyRep said
It isn’t n*gga. Is that what the RNC & DNC told you to believe?
In certain states those are the options we get, for president there wasn't another serious contender. So ya I just see white hoods and NRA cards on the ballot
+2   

2 months ago '11        #15
 Lockwind said
Just make your payments on time
That’s what they tell you it’s for and then they start telling You how to drive

Why should you have a k*ll switch on a car you purchased?
+16   

2 months ago '21        #16
Subjective 
Props total: 3093 3 K  Slaps total: 206 206
I hope they don’t add it before the pu**y magnet
+4   

2 months ago '11        #17
 SPdaGOAT said
This is my concern
Next thing you know they’ll use it after you run a red light and according to the article it takes a 3rd party to restore it
+5   

2 months ago '18        #18
 PineappleOG said
In certain states those are the options we get, for president there wasn't another serious contender. So ya I just see white hoods and NRA cards on the ballot
Or you can choose not to vote….you have choses.

2 months ago '06        #19
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 97704 97 K  Slaps total: 18584 18 K
 LuxG2 said
Exactly lol even if you opt out of onstar there’s definitely a backdoor

I’m pretty sure I remember reading stories about cars getting hacked like that over the years but maybe not.

Idk what people are mad about the surveillance or the k*ll switch but either way, it ain’t nothing new.

2 months ago '19        #20
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 33589 33 K  Slaps total: 4200 4 K
 LuxG2 said
Yeah, I've known Street dudes a few levels above the streets that have been getting stuff ripped out of their cars for like 10 years
+5   

2 months ago '20        #21
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10351 10 K  Slaps total: 1495 1 K
 PineappleOG said
Duh doesn’t matter who we elect, owned by the same corps whether red or blue. Biden a whole hoe n a half for not speaking on Steven Donziger. fu*k Joe Biden, serious about climate change. But silent in defending those really f*ghting the f*ght
Bruh Bx'ers have no clue about Donzinger... fu*k 5he fossil industry...
+2   

2 months ago '15        #22
PineappleOG 
 SFamilyRep said
Or you can choose not to vote….you have choses.
That's where I'm at already, in terms of national politics, I am only voting local, fu*k the federal government
+4   

2 months ago '21        #23
LuxG2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27530 27 K  Slaps total: 5613 5 K
 TheLastNonEarth said

That's the detail that Tyler @ also missed. Tyler is speculating that all newer car ECUs can be deactivated but wouldn't that eliminate new car chases which we still see today? Moreover, is it already customary for vehicles to detect whether or not you're impaired?

Lastly.... And this is important--- it takes elementary logic to understand though: Who is making the argument that there already isn't some variation of this technology in existence that is optional as you pointed out?
Then what are you going to do about it??? Posting on BX wont do sh*t…you n*ggas voted this in…unless you get a old school & update it yourself (which most of bx can’t afford/most of society) you’re going to bow down

2 months ago '18        #24
 PineappleOG said
That's where I'm at already, in terms of national politics, I am only voting local, fu*k the federal government
Fr……They tell us fu*k you everyday

2 months ago '17        #25
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 94439 94 K  Slaps total: 34988 34 K
 TheLastNonEarth said

Thank you for providing necessary context
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  19
[Health] Green Juicing…Why you need it.
33 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+68online now  7
Video inside Wait WTF... Did Anyone Know About This Secret In Super Mario Brothers?&..
73 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
-21online now  7
Image(s) inside Stores Starting To Put Warning Signs On Playstation 5 Display Case
142 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+315online now  3
Video inside Benny the Butcher & J. Cole - Johnny P's Caddy
269 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy