online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Finally started watching The WuTang series it’s fire except for one thing…

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 years ago '17        #1
5600 page views
73 comments

GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x73
Props total: 89919 89 K  Slaps total: 11114 11 K
icon Finally started watching The WuTang series it’s fire except for one thing…

The dude who’s playing RZA is extra trash. My boy has the charisma of a sh0e and his voice is super annoying, damn near makes the show unwatchable.

Dave East is just Dave East rapping Method man songs. Son playing Ghost is mid to me but still passable.

Other than that man I love this sh1t! The dudes who are playing Rae and ODB are the easy standouts for me.

YT

Are you watching it? What do you think?
+60   

icon
best
icon
worst
73 comments

2 years ago '14        #2
NineDime 
Props total: 11560 11 K  Slaps total: 383 383
He's actually a pretty good actor, good schooling too. But his voice on this show is beyond weird
emoji

🔗

Last edited by NineDime; 12-03-2021 at 10:47 PM..
+35   

2 years ago '05        #3
Switchc2390 
Props total: 16372 16 K  Slaps total: 1700 1 K
Everybody says that but RZA picked the dude himself and to me he does look like a young RZA. The voice aint quite right but neither is RZA's natural voice or cadence.

I had a bigger problem with the casting of Ghost. Dude isn't a bad actor, but to me he doesn't have the grit that Ghostface does at all, and doesn't resemble him. Hard to take him seriously.
+46   

2 years ago '16        #4
BitterDiesel 
Props total: 31409 31 K  Slaps total: 3889 3 K
The show write is coo but its NY mid.

2 years ago '18        #5
FlexRegum 
Props total: 7159 7 K  Slaps total: 477 477
Good story telling for me honestly
+11   

2 years ago '05        #6
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 60909 60 K  Slaps total: 9082 9 K
facts on everything u said
emoji
and the fact Inspectah Deck said 95% of the story is just Hollywood bullsh1t to spice up story..... sh1t is a tough watch... but its the Wu
emoji
hard not to get some enjoyment from it
+15   

2 years ago '15        #7
Hellmatic 
Props total: 93598 93 K  Slaps total: 8094 8 K
I agree. Hes not a good rza at all, he was a bad casting choice. Fire show tho

sh1t Joey bada$s could do rza and the mumbling voice better
+9   

2 years ago '15        #8
Hellmatic 
 JimDinO77 said 🔗
emoji
and the fact Inspectah Deck said 95% of the story is just Hollywood bullsh1t to spice up story..... sh1t is a tough watch... but its the Wu
emoji
I thought I could tell whats bullsh1t and what's not but thats a big percentage goddamn lol. I know ghost and Rae had shootouts cause poppa doc mentioned it before but did rae really shoot ghost window?
+1   

2 years ago '05        #9
 Hellmatic said 🔗
I thought I could tell whats bullsh1t and what's not but thats a big percentage goddamn lol. I know ghost and Rae had shootouts cause poppa doc mentioned it before but did rae really shoot ghost window?
man idk..... Deck straight sh1tted on the legitimacy of the show tho, kind of spoiled the vibe for me.

🔗

+7   

2 years ago '05        #10
Switchc2390 
Props total: 16372 16 K  Slaps total: 1700 1 K
 JimDinO77 said 🔗
man idk..... Deck straight sh1tted on the legitimacy of the show tho, kind of spoiled the vibe for me.

↪🔗
It's dramatized but it isn't like a lot of things didn't happen. A lot of these stories I already knew before watching so I knew a lot of the major parts are legit. There are some legitimate things they had to change for TV purposes though. For example, RZA got 11 siblings. They obviously couldn't write them all in because they wouldn't be able to find that many actors/actresses and they wouldn't have a compelling story. That part is a lot like "Everybody Hates Chris".

It's a loosely based story about their come up, no need to get upset about the parts that are fabricated or dramatized for TV purposes.
+24   

2 years ago '17        #11
becoolhomie2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 32578 32 K  Slaps total: 10663 10 K
sh1t dumb

2 years ago '15        #12
ChoAssUp  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 115864 115 K  Slaps total: 6014 6 K
Rza talks like he has a mouth full of marbles, it's hard to get that sh1t right. Give em a break.
+16   

2 years ago '12        #13
ezduzit 
Props total: 66270 66 K  Slaps total: 6431 6 K
 JimDinO77 said 🔗
emoji
emoji
If they wanted to go that route should’ve just did a movie
+2   

2 years ago '05        #14
 Switchc2390 said 🔗
It's dramatized but it isn't like a lot of things didn't happen. A lot of these stories I already knew before watching so I knew a lot of the major parts are legit. There are some legitimate things they had to change for TV purposes though. For example, RZA got 11 siblings. They obviously couldn't write them all in because they wouldn't be able to find that many actors/actresses and they wouldn't have a compelling story. That part is a lot like "Everybody Hates Chris".

It's a loosely based story about their come up, no need to get upset about the parts that are fabricated or dramatized for TV purposes.
upset isn't really the term I'd use.... Wu is favorite group, well atleast one of em.... a more realistic biopic with input from the entire clan of how everything played would have been doper to me....I'm sure it would have been just as dramatic.... it definitely feels like most of it is stemmed from RZA and some Hulu writers

some of the more artistic/surreal episodes throw me off as well, like the ferry episode or the production/sampling process ... definitely prefer the 1st season over the 2nd but its still watchable/enjoyable...
+7   

2 years ago '12        #15
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 76984 76 K  Slaps total: 14495 14 K
Yeah the dude who plays RZA has no charisma at all. One of the most boring characters on the show. Method man , ODB, RZA actors>
+6   

2 years ago '18        #16
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 103459 103 K  Slaps total: 11440 11 K
Son who plays ODB got the perfect energy
+36   

2 years ago '17        #17
GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x73 OP
Props total: 89919 89 K  Slaps total: 11114 11 K
 DUCEDUCE said 🔗
Son who plays ODB got the perfect energy
Big facts. They need to give my son a Emmy
+16   

2 years ago '07        #18
r.burgundy 
Props total: 51892 51 K  Slaps total: 7764 7 K
 GodBody said 🔗
The dude who’s playing RZA is extra trash. My boy has the charisma of a sh0e and his voice is super annoying, damn near makes the show unwatchable.

Dave East is just Dave East rapping Method man songs. Son playing Ghost is mid to me but still passable.

Other than that man I love this sh1t! The dudes who are playing Rae and ODB are the easy standouts for me.

↪🔗

The casting in this sh1t is absolutely atrocious.
Literally some of the worst casting I've ever seen.it makes this show damn near uunwatchabl.from stupid a$s casting to weird a$s plot points,it just seems like some rza sh1t

+2   

2 years ago '18        #19
twoshotdez 
Props total: 6654 6 K  Slaps total: 781 781
To me personally, the only ones I feel like they did a great casting job with was with Raekwon, u-god, power and some what odb.

Everybody else, just feel like something us off.
Actors giving me “lifetime biopic actor” vibes.

Rza is somewhat ok for me, only because rza always sounded off when he talked and rap.
And dude playing him voice sounds off, so it goes for me.

Even tho most of know the stories, still feel good visual seeing it, even tho it’s wildly fabricated for tv, still good story telling.

Glad they did this instead of a moviemakers. Can’t wait until to get into making the solo albums.
+6   

2 years ago '04        #20
thadon87 
Props total: 487 487  Slaps total: 52 52
Watched both seasons last month, It definitely drew me in. The story had me interested as I never really followed wu tang growing up but I questioned it’s authenticity. Dude who played ghost isn’t gritty enough but his acting was pretty good. I hated RZA’s actors voice but I get it. Dave East was literally Dave East which was weird. I liked Rae and ODB the best. All in all it still kept me locked in. Looking forward to season 3 if there is one.
+5   

2 years ago '10        #21
sofreshgfx 
Props total: 1228 1 K  Slaps total: 133 133
Rza hand picked him and ODB actor I believe I binged watch the 3 seasons recently I enjoyed it
+1   

2 years ago '12        #22
Rambeaux 
Props total: 2582 2 K  Slaps total: 195 195
 GodBody said 🔗

↪🔗

Lmao spot on analysis
+2   

2 years ago '06        #23
SKDontPlay 
Props total: 7173 7 K  Slaps total: 516 516
I initially didn’t fu#k with the dude that played Ghost, but people don’t realize that Ghost is an emotional cat. I believe that’s what they were tryna convey with his character. It humanizes him.

Only issue I got with RZA’s actor is the hesitation dialogue he brought on during season 2. Dude is talented but he’s coming off one dimensional in many of his roles cause he got the same demeanor.
+9   

2 years ago '15        #24
AllahMaxedPower 
Props total: 3099 3 K  Slaps total: 621 621
The RZA actors voice almost ruins the show. He’s also way too serious and looks like he’s always on the verge of tears. The real RZA was a goof half the time. He had a little bit ODB in him (Bobby Digital). The show completely misses that.
+7   

2 years ago '15        #25
Hellmatic 
 twoshotdez said 🔗
To me personally, the only ones I feel like they did a great casting job with was with Raekwon, u-god, power and some what odb.

Everybody else, just feel like something us off.
Actors giving me “lifetime biopic actor” vibes.

Rza is somewhat ok for me, only because rza always sounded off when he talked and rap.
And dude playing him voice sounds off, so it goes for me.

Even tho most of know the stories, still feel good visual seeing it, even tho it’s wildly fabricated for tv, still good story telling.

Glad they did this instead of a moviemakers. Can’t wait until to get into making the solo albums.
Divine looks just like the real guy and he got a good presence for the role
+11   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+349
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+416
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+523
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish