Finally started watching The WuTang series it’s fire except for one thing…

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '17        #1
4329 page views
73 comments

GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x55
Props total: 60790 60 K  Slaps total: 7952 7 K
Finally started watching The WuTang series it’s fire except for one thing…

The dude who’s playing RZA is extra trash. My boy has the charisma of a shoe and his voice is super annoying, damn near makes the show unwatchable.

Dave East is just Dave East rapping Method man songs. Son playing Ghost is mid to me but still passable.

Other than that man I love this sh*t! The dudes who are playing Rae and ODB are the easy standouts for me.

Are you watching it? What do you think?
+60   

best
worst
73 comments

2 months ago '14        #2
NineDime 
Props total: 8718 8 K  Slaps total: 318 318
He's actually a pretty good actor, good schooling too. But his voice on this show is beyond weird

Last edited by NineDime; 12-03-2021 at 11:47 PM..
+35   

2 months ago '05        #3
Switchc2390 
Props total: 13343 13 K  Slaps total: 1384 1 K
Everybody says that but RZA picked the dude himself and to me he does look like a young RZA. The voice aint quite right but neither is RZA's natural voice or cadence.

I had a bigger problem with the casting of Ghost. Dude isn't a bad actor, but to me he doesn't have the grit that Ghostface does at all, and doesn't resemble him. Hard to take him seriously.
+46   

2 months ago '16        #4
BitterDiesel 
Props total: 21988 21 K  Slaps total: 2744 2 K
The show write is coo but its NY mid.

2 months ago '18        #5
FlexRegum 
Props total: 4087 4 K  Slaps total: 193 193
Good story telling for me honestly
+11   

2 months ago '05        #6
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 36624 36 K  Slaps total: 4729 4 K
facts on everything u said and the fact Inspectah Deck said 95% of the story is just Hollywood bullsh*t to spice up story..... sh*t is a tough watch... but its the Wu hard not to get some enjoyment from it
+15   

2 months ago '15        #7
Hellmatic 
Props total: 48347 48 K  Slaps total: 4654 4 K
I agree. Hes not a good rza at all, he was a bad casting choice. Fire show tho

sh*t Joey badass could do rza and the mumbling voice better
+9   

2 months ago '15        #8
Hellmatic 
 JimDinO77 said
facts on everything u said and the fact Inspectah Deck said 95% of the story is just Hollywood bullsh*t to spice up story..... sh*t is a tough watch... but its the Wu hard not to get some enjoyment from it
I thought I could tell whats bullsh*t and what's not but thats a big percentage goddamn lol. I know ghost and Rae had shootouts cause poppa doc mentioned it before but did rae really shoot ghost window?
+1   

2 months ago '05        #9
 Hellmatic said
I thought I could tell whats bullsh*t and what's not but thats a big percentage goddamn lol. I know ghost and Rae had shootouts cause poppa doc mentioned it before but did rae really shoot ghost window?
man idk..... Deck straight sh*tted on the legitimacy of the show tho, kind of spoiled the vibe for me.

+7   

2 months ago '05        #10
Switchc2390 
Props total: 13343 13 K  Slaps total: 1384 1 K
 JimDinO77 said
man idk..... Deck straight sh*tted on the legitimacy of the show tho, kind of spoiled the vibe for me.

It's dramatized but it isn't like a lot of things didn't happen. A lot of these stories I already knew before watching so I knew a lot of the major parts are legit. There are some legitimate things they had to change for TV purposes though. For example, RZA got 11 siblings. They obviously couldn't write them all in because they wouldn't be able to find that many actors/actresses and they wouldn't have a compelling story. That part is a lot like "Everybody Hates Chris".

It's a loosely based story about their come up, no need to get upset about the parts that are fabricated or dramatized for TV purposes.
+24   

2 months ago '17        #11
becoolhomie2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 16100 16 K  Slaps total: 5379 5 K
sh*t dumb

2 months ago '15        #12
ChoAssUp 
Props total: 88631 88 K  Slaps total: 4915 4 K
Rza talks like he has a mouth full of marbles, it's hard to get that sh*t right. Give em a break.
+16   

2 months ago '12        #13
ezduzit 
Props total: 48615 48 K  Slaps total: 4699 4 K
 JimDinO77 said
If they wanted to go that route should’ve just did a movie
+2   

2 months ago '05        #14
 Switchc2390 said
It's dramatized but it isn't like a lot of things didn't happen. A lot of these stories I already knew before watching so I knew a lot of the major parts are legit. There are some legitimate things they had to change for TV purposes though. For example, RZA got 11 siblings. They obviously couldn't write them all in because they wouldn't be able to find that many actors/actresses and they wouldn't have a compelling story. That part is a lot like "Everybody Hates Chris".

It's a loosely based story about their come up, no need to get upset about the parts that are fabricated or dramatized for TV purposes.
upset isn't really the term I'd use.... Wu is favorite group, well atleast one of em.... a more realistic biopic with input from the entire clan of how everything played would have been doper to me....I'm sure it would have been just as dramatic.... it definitely feels like most of it is stemmed from RZA and some Hulu writers

some of the more artistic/surreal episodes throw me off as well, like the ferry episode or the production/sampling process ... definitely prefer the 1st season over the 2nd but its still watchable/enjoyable...
+7   

2 months ago '12        #15
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 59368 59 K  Slaps total: 9443 9 K
Yeah the dude who plays RZA has no charisma at all. One of the most boring characters on the show. Method man , ODB, RZA actors>
+6   

2 months ago '18        #16
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 74168 74 K  Slaps total: 6795 6 K
Son who plays ODB got the perfect energy
+36   

2 months ago '17        #17
GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x55 OP
Props total: 60790 60 K  Slaps total: 7952 7 K
 DUCEDUCE said
Son who plays ODB got the perfect energy
Big facts. They need to give my son a Emmy
+16   

2 months ago '07        #18
r.burgundy 
Props total: 29397 29 K  Slaps total: 4925 4 K
 GodBody said
The dude who’s playing RZA is extra trash. My boy has the charisma of a shoe and his voice is super annoying, damn near makes the show unwatchable.

Dave East is just Dave East rapping Method man songs. Son playing Ghost is mid to me but still passable.

Other than that man I love this sh*t! The dudes who are playing Rae and ODB are the easy standouts for me.

The casting in this sh*t is absolutely atrocious.
Literally some of the worst casting I've ever seen.it makes this show damn near uunwatchabl.from stupid a*s casting to weird a*s plot points,it just seems like some rza sh*t

+2   

2 months ago '18        #19
twoshotdez 
Props total: 3964 3 K  Slaps total: 548 548
To me personally, the only ones I feel like they did a great casting job with was with Raekwon, u-god, power and some what odb.

Everybody else, just feel like something us off.
Actors giving me “lifetime biopic actor” vibes.

Rza is somewhat ok for me, only because rza always sounded off when he talked and rap.
And dude playing him voice sounds off, so it goes for me.

Even tho most of know the stories, still feel good visual seeing it, even tho it’s wildly fabricated for tv, still good story telling.

Glad they did this instead of a moviemakers. Can’t wait until to get into making the solo albums.
+6   

2 months ago '04        #20
thadon87 
Props total: 394 394  Slaps total: 26 26
Watched both seasons last month, It definitely drew me in. The story had me interested as I never really followed wu tang growing up but I questioned it’s authenticity. Dude who played ghost isn’t gritty enough but his acting was pretty good. I hated RZA’s actors voice but I get it. Dave East was literally Dave East which was weird. I liked Rae and ODB the best. All in all it still kept me locked in. Looking forward to season 3 if there is one.
+5   

2 months ago '10        #21
sofreshgfx 
Props total: 778 778  Slaps total: 108 108
Rza hand picked him and ODB actor I believe I binged watch the 3 seasons recently I enjoyed it
+1   

2 months ago '12        #22
Rambeaux 
Props total: 2164 2 K  Slaps total: 161 161
 GodBody said

Lmao spot on analysis
+2   

2 months ago '06        #23
SKDontPlay 
Props total: 3824 3 K  Slaps total: 283 283
I initially didn’t fu*k with the dude that played Ghost, but people don’t realize that Ghost is an emotional cat. I believe that’s what they were tryna convey with his character. It humanizes him.

Only issue I got with RZA’s actor is the hesitation dialogue he brought on during season 2. Dude is talented but he’s coming off one dimensional in many of his roles cause he got the same demeanor.
+9   

2 months ago '15        #24
AllahMaxedPower 
Props total: 3053 3 K  Slaps total: 618 618
The RZA actors voice almost ruins the show. He’s also way too serious and looks like he’s always on the verge of tears. The real RZA was a goof half the time. He had a little bit ODB in him (Bobby Digital). The show completely misses that.
+7   

2 months ago '15        #25
Hellmatic 
 twoshotdez said
To me personally, the only ones I feel like they did a great casting job with was with Raekwon, u-god, power and some what odb.

Everybody else, just feel like something us off.
Actors giving me “lifetime biopic actor” vibes.

Rza is somewhat ok for me, only because rza always sounded off when he talked and rap.
And dude playing him voice sounds off, so it goes for me.

Even tho most of know the stories, still feel good visual seeing it, even tho it’s wildly fabricated for tv, still good story telling.

Glad they did this instead of a moviemakers. Can’t wait until to get into making the solo albums.
Divine looks just like the real guy and he got a good presence for the role
+11   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+16online now  16
Article inside IMF Tells El Salvador to Drop Bitcoin as Legal Tender
63 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+206online now  16
Video inside Be Careful What You Ask For
65 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+77online now  13
Kelce ignores the call play and tell Mahomes that hes running his own rout..
83 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  12
Jan 25 - Welp shrek faced karen spits on 8 y.o.
65 comments
18 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy