online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

BioShock 4’s setting and time period have reportedly leaked

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 years ago '04        #1
1333 page views
20 comments

Da Ill One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21034 21 K  Slaps total: 1752 1 K

Alleged details on the in-development fourth BioShock game were shared by journalist Colin Moriarty during a Sacred Symbols video on Friday (currently published for paying Patreon subscribers).

According to Moriarty’s sources, BioShock 4 will take place during the 1960s in a fictional Antarctic city.

Narratively the game will be tied to the previous BioShock games, the journalist claimed, and developer Cloud Chamber is targeting a 2022 release.

“It takes place in a 1960s Antarctic city called Borealis,” Moriarty said. “[The game is] codenamed ‘Parkside’… I’ve been told that the development team has incredible latitude to get it right. That seems and sounds right to me.”

He added: “Internally the game is very secret and apparently, totally locked up. Apparently the inclination there is that they understand full well that this game will be compared to what [BioShock creator] Ken Levine does. And by the way, [Take-Two] is also publishing Levine’s next game.”

Publisher 2K announced in December 2019 that work had begun on a new entry in the BioShock franchise and that it would be in development “for the next several years”.

Jonathan Pelling, who was a designer on the original BioShock, as well as creative director at the 2K Australia team responsible for Infinite’s floating world of Columbia, is design director for the new BioShock.

The game’s creative director is Hoagy de la Plante, who was involved in the original BioShock across multiple disciplines including level design, environment art and programming.

Scott Sinclair, the art director of the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite, is also working on BioShock 4.

BioShock’s original director, Ken Levine, will not be involved in the new project. He’s thought to currently be working on an “immersive sci-fi game with RPG elements” at Ghost Story Games.

While the first two games in the series took place in the underwater city of Rapture and the third in the floating city of Columbia, a job advert spotted in August 2020 suggested BioShock 4 will take place in “a new and fantastical world”.

Another opening, for a senior technical audio designer, described the game as a “AAA narratively-driven FPS project full of character and personality”.

https://www.videogameschr .. rtedly-leaked/
+4   

icon
best
icon
worst
20 comments

2 years ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 124620 124 K  Slaps total: 48364 48 K
Like the setting
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 years ago '20        #3
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 180692 180 K  Slaps total: 14585 14 K
I want this
I played all 3 Bioshock games

Would you kindly
+10   

2 years ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 282684 282 K  Slaps total: 27249 27 K
I hope they have something as wild as the baseball scene that Infinite has.

+6   

2 years ago '11        #5
UziMane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 18139 18 K  Slaps total: 2965 2 K
Funny, I’m playing the collection now. Such a great series
+2   

2 years ago '05        #6
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 156971 156 K  Slaps total: 16760 16 K
Only played infinite but I loved it..would absolutely go back and play the others

2 years ago '13        #7
818digi 
Props total: 7225 7 K  Slaps total: 549 549
I literally fell in love with Bioshock 2. It’s one off my all time favorite games. I really hope they don’t fu#k this up…. The third one kinda disappointed me, I was literally obsessed with the first 2.

I can’t wait to see what they do.
+3   

2 years ago '06        #8
d4deesnuts 
Props total: 15982 15 K  Slaps total: 1536 1 K
Bio shock is great but idk about this Antarctic city after being underwater and then in the sky but maybe it’ll be good.

2 years ago '04        #9
SpyDa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 20859 20 K  Slaps total: 2605 2 K
Should I play the others. I only played 3 and the ending on that game blew me away.

2 years ago '12        #10
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 227862 227 K  Slaps total: 13520 13 K
I hope this is true...but another rumor the other day said whatever they're working on A) Isn't Bioshock at all or B) They aren't letting any of the past Bioshock staff work on it if it is Bioshock, and that old team is split up with most of them doing something totally diff.

Its still a toss up until we hear something real

2 years ago '16        #11
Blackout75  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1556 1 K  Slaps total: 98 98
Good to hear they're making progress. I just played through the original 3 and had a lot of fun. Definitely checking for the 4th

2 years ago '04        #12
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 9687 9 K  Slaps total: 578 578
 SpyDa said 🔗
Should I play the others. I only played 3 and the ending on that game blew me away.

Especially the first one. The second one was good too so was the DLC Minerva's Den. Play the DLC for Infinite as well. Play all that sh1t.
+4   

2 years ago '04        #13
 KURUPTION!!! said 🔗

Especially the first one. The second one was good too so was the DLC Minerva's Den. Play the DLC for Infinite as well. Play all that sh1t.
Bet. I'll do that

2 years ago '05        #14
P-Hill 
Props total: 43175 43 K  Slaps total: 2717 2 K
that scene in Bioshock Infinite where you rolling up, and the black dude talking like a supreme physicist, then you pull up, and dude's like "oh nothin boss, i'm just talkin that ol' jibba jabba"
emoji
+2   

2 years ago '21        #15
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 41419 41 K  Slaps total: 11870 11 K
 SpyDa said 🔗
The first was dope as hell and I played it wayyyyyy after it came out

2 years ago '04        #16
 Jonny2soxs said 🔗
The first was dope as hell and I played it wayyyyyy after it came out
Im downloading the remaster for the first and second on steam right now. Any visual mods I can add to the game? I know they are pretty old.

2 years ago '06        #17
V For Vendetta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 16927 16 K  Slaps total: 1235 1 K
My favorite game series of all time. Though I'm admittedly concerned that Ken Levine isn't back for this project. He's the heart and soul of BioShock and to not have him involved in any way is risky.

2 years ago '21        #18
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 41419 41 K  Slaps total: 11870 11 K
 SpyDa said 🔗
Im downloading the remaster for the first and second on steam right now. Any visual mods I can add to the game? I know they are pretty old.
I played it on console so I’m not sure

2 years ago '05        #19
j-dub 
Props total: 1707 1 K  Slaps total: 136 136
 SpyDa said 🔗
Yes and yes! The first is the best once you go into the rapture my God. The setting, enemies and writing all top notch. Ga eplay and powerups are dope asf which I'm sure you know about that part. Second one you are the big daddy if your familiar. Such a dope fu#king series!
+1   

2 years ago '04        #20
 j-dub said 🔗
Yes and yes! The first is the best once you go into the rapture my God. The setting, enemies and writing all top notch. Ga eplay and powerups are dope asf which I'm sure you know about that part. Second one you are the big daddy if your familiar. Such a dope fu#king series!
that's whats up. honestly, I know nothing about the first two. The only thing I can say about the first 2 is I've seen a little girl and this big robot in this under water place. how or why they are there, I dont know lol.

I remember getting it on xbox 360 but sleeping on it because i was into fighting games.
+1   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+5118
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3317
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
281 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+579
Image(s) inside Now That We are Older, Wiser… Let’s Talk Soul Food