Battlefield 2042 Has Lost 70% of Its Players in Two Weeks

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+61  36
31 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '15        #1
1912 page views
48 comments

CZNM22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36361 36 K  Slaps total: 1099 1 K
Battlefield 2042 Has Lost 70% of Its Players in Two Weeks

To say Battlefield 2042 has had a rough go of it since launch is an understatement, and players are fleeing from the game at such a rapid pace, its long-term sustainability might be in question.

Players seemed to universally think that Battlefield 2042 needed more time when it arrived for early test play, but it went ahead with its November 19 official launch all the same. As expected, it arrived with technical issues and missing features players had come to expect from the series, and it has seen rapid declines in interest since then.

In just under two weeks since launch, Battlefield has lost 70% of its players on Steam, going from a peak of around 100,000 to 30,000, as of its peak yesterday. Itís only outperforming Battlefield V by 10,000 players or so at the moment, and being beaten by the likes of Faming Simulator 22, Payday 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

The concern is that if Battlefield 2042 continues this trend and its playerbase shrinks unsustainably, that not only affects things like matchmaking, but some worry EA will offer less support for it in the future. And this is a frankly bizarre conversation to be having just two weeks after a game like this has launched.

While Battlefield 2042 has plenty of its own issues, it certainly did not help that Microsoft surprise launched Halo Infinite during its release week, which sucked all the oxygen out of the room, and caused legions of players to flock to the rival shooter, which is free-to-play, over the paid Battlefield, a full $60 despite not including a campaign.

Battlefield 2042 was meant to be an experiment of what happens when you take a game like this, ditch the campaign entirely, and just focus on multiplayer. But EAís desire to get it out for the holiday season at all costs meant that it simply was not ready for release, and DICE has had to spent a huge amount of time fixing its issues or promising to restore cut ďlegacyĒ features.

Call of Duty isnít exactly having a super blockbuster year with Vanguard, but they lucked out with all the issues Battlefield 2042 has faced. The real shooter ďwinnerĒ so far has clearly been Halo, even before the campaign release next week, where that gameís main problems are not technical or gameplay based, but only complaints about its battle pass and microtransactions, which are pretty easily remedied.

Weíll see what the future of Battlefield holds, but word is that DICE is concentrating solely on Battlefield, and leaving Battlefront on ice for a while, and weíll see if they can get out of this 2042 era slump next time around. Or salvage this current game before itís too late.

visit this link Source
+3   

best
worst
48 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
killadre  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 51721 51 K  Slaps total: 3651 3 K
*waits for it…..

In just under two weeks since launch, Battlefield has lost 70% of its players on Steam,

Good I’m cool with less PC players. They’ll ultimately start hacking anyway. May want to add the whole title OP

Battlefield 2042’ Has Lost 70% Of Its Players In Two Weeks On Steam
Smacked for clickbait title and purposely leaving “on steam” out the title when it’s the original article title. But Dice Fix the ish that’s broken.

Last edited by killadre; 12-03-2021 at 01:44 PM..

2 months ago '10        #3
KJHARDY 
Props total: 30653 30 K  Slaps total: 4023 4 K
How about people playing using EA's launchers?

2 months ago '20        #4
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26901 26 K  Slaps total: 7078 7 K
pretty sure thats not a good measure.. I'm pretty sure every game "loses" players if u look at its current numbers vs its peak

does the peak include open beta numbers?
+3   

2 months ago '05        #5
jaedot 
Props total: 18886 18 K  Slaps total: 1065 1 K
I havent been playing as much as I like..that other fps shooting game is the one I find myself booting up the most. But I want that BF action

2 months ago '20        #6
God is Good 
Props total: 17375 17 K  Slaps total: 16464 16 K
Gonna be added to gamepass before you know it

Seems to be the last ditch hoorah before games die off completely

Told y’all n*ggas MONTHS ago bf was trash and well past it’s prime if it ever really had one

God bless

2 months ago '18        #7
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 45518 45 K  Slaps total: 6579 6 K
 God is Good said
Gonna be added to gamepass before you know it

Seems to be the last ditch hoorah before games die off completely

Told yíall n*ggas MONTHS ago bf was trash and well past itís prime if it ever really had one

God bless
Thanks for your input officer
+12   

2 months ago '16        #8
Quinn 
Props total: 11068 11 K  Slaps total: 2199 2 K
 D1dnt read said
pretty sure thats not a good measure.. I'm pretty sure every game "loses" players if u look at its current numbers vs its peak

does the peak include open beta numbers?
30k on steam at 9am on a thursday is pretty good actually

also do n*ggas not realize steam isnt the only store to get games?
like EA has its own launcher, so steam as a measuring is stupid especially when they sold 4mill copies, and the all time peak is 100k
+4   

2 months ago '04        #9
Mark-Ez 
Props total: 5490 5 K  Slaps total: 1648 1 K
this game is straight trash, almost as weak an attempt at a game since last Madden. Halo is good .
+6   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #10
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 93621 93 K  Slaps total: 34755 34 K
The Battlefield smear campaign is hilarious. That one dumbass poster should be in here soon

EA sucks but BF doesn’t, get over it

2 months ago '12        #11
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 191363 191 K  Slaps total: 11212 11 K
 Quinn said
30k on steam at 9am on a thursday is pretty good actually

also do n*ggas not realize steam isnt the only store to get games?
like EA has its own launcher, so steam as a measuring is stupid especially when they sold 4mill copies, and the all time peak is 100k
Yep this was a point made on Gaf the other day when rumors of these numbers started appearing. Until we know the breakdown of how many purchased the game and where it doesn't really mean sh*t, plus people are looking at those Steam DB charts and they always fu*k up the #'s lol.

I refunded it on Series X and kept the free one i got for PC I have from the EA Store or w/e myself though
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '20        #12
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x175
Props total: 92501 92 K  Slaps total: 18642 18 K
Battlefield disappointed and it’s crazy all they have to do was keep the original things in the game and just add on or tweak to for the 2042 motive not start from scratch

+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #13
 5ive04our said
Battlefield disappointed and itís crazy all they have to do was keep the original things in the game and just add on or tweak to for the 2042 motive not start from scratch

Thatís what Portal is for.

Iím loving Battlefield and I think a lot of people do but the minority that donít are the most vocal on the internet

2 months ago '04        #14
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 33469 33 K  Slaps total: 3304 3 K
man fu*k EA bhenchodes motha fu*kas fu*ked it all up. Game is barely playable with sh*t ps1 graphics.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #15
kiddalex  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17819 17 K  Slaps total: 1517 1 K
Game is a*s , I've literally bought every BF game day of launch since1942 and this one smelled rotten from the beta but i bought it out of loyalty ... what a mistake

I've played Halo ... which is fu*king free ... 10x more and it's waaaaay more fun. Halo ate this game and Vanguards lunch in the FPS PC market and I'm not even a Halo guy but it's just a more fun competitive game.

I fu*ked with COD and BF all my life but both them games this year were total garbage and duds and I dropped 60 for both them sh*ts. Halo's actually fun to log on and play with my buddies the other two feel like chores as if I'm playing to try to justify the money I wasted on em.
+8   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '20        #16
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x175
Props total: 92501 92 K  Slaps total: 18642 18 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Thatís what Portal is for.

Iím loving Battlefield and I think a lot of people do but the minority that donít are the most vocal on the internet
Itís more of a basic game doesnít transcend the series at all. Itís like when you hit a thot whose not ugly or cute just str8 rather a notch in the belt but Iím not sure if you can relate

+1   

2 months ago '04        #17
killadre  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 51721 51 K  Slaps total: 3651 3 K
 SPdaGOAT said
The Battlefield smear campaign is hilarious. That one dumbass poster should be in here soon

EA sucks but BF doesnít, get over it
*waits for it

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #18
 5ive04our said
Itís more of a basic game doesnít transcend the series at all. Itís like when you hit a thot whose not ugly or cute just str8 rather a notch in the belt but Iím not sure if you can relate

I cant because I have standards

You're definitely lying about it not transcending the series at all. You can breakdown to me why you think its just a basic game.

2 months ago '06        #19
codizzle101 
Props total: 114 114  Slaps total: 68 68
big bf fan since jump this one a miss. graphics are weak , game play controls suspect and NO TDM !!!!! and other modes wtf
+5   

2 months ago '16        #20
Dick Armey 
Props total: 11552 11 K  Slaps total: 4788 4 K
i was having the same gamebreaking bugs i was having in the beta.
+1   

2 months ago '20        #21
God is Good 
Props total: 17375 17 K  Slaps total: 16464 16 K
 Juliette DaBlok said
Thanks for your input officer
I can tell you’re double checking spelling after today’s episode.

Or am I lieing on your name?

God bless

2 months ago '05        #22
Chuck_Remixed  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17301 17 K  Slaps total: 733 733
That's not the more so alarming one, this one is.

This is why I said what I said in the other thread about the week one sales. For those who don't know about how BF usually does soon after the release, these numbers are indeed alarming.
+3   

2 months ago '15        #23
EnigmaticPigeon 
Props total: 61998 61 K  Slaps total: 2490 2 K
My current shooter rotation is Halo and Insurgency Sandstorm. I couldnt even get through the free 10 hours of Battlefield 2042 that they gave me...Game is pure trash
+4   

2 months ago '20        #24
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26901 26 K  Slaps total: 7078 7 K
 deziking said
man fu*k EA bhenchodes motha fu*kas fu*ked it all up. Game is barely playable with sh*t ps1 graphics.
what are u playing it on tbat it's 'barely playable" with "PS1 graphics"?

game looks good on next gen and PC with the PS5 and PC versions having the best graphics

performance is best on the PS5 as well... PC version was having issues
+2   

2 months ago '05        #25
P-Hill 
Props total: 34269 34 K  Slaps total: 2246 2 K
migrated to Halo Infinite
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+27online now  22
[Workout] I Can't Believe How Strong She Is...
57 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+72online now  7
Jan 22 - Regina Kingís son commits suicide
212 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+57online now  3
Westbrook is the one TRUE REC PG