Dec 3 - Cop Shoot 61 Year old Man in Hoveround 9 Times

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '15        #1
717 page views
18 comments

RIPrjacks23 
Props total: 22840 22 K  Slaps total: 2574 2 K
Dec 3 - Cop Shoot 61 Year old Man in Hoveround 9 Times

TUCSON, Ariz. — An Arizona police officer is out of a job after he fatally shot a suspected shoplifter nine times from behind Monday night in an incident the mayor of Tucson has described as “unconscionable and indefensible.”

The deceased man, Richard Lee Richards, 61, was using a motorized wheelchair at the time, and had brandished a knife, police said.

Former Officer Ryan Remington, a four-year veteran of the Tucson Police Department,*was fired Tuesday and is under criminal investigation.

Richards’ death was captured by body-worn cameras and security cameras at the Lowe’s Home Improvement store where the shooting took place.

The Pima County Attorney’s Office is conducting the criminal investigation,*according to police. A lawyer representing Remington*told The a*sociated Press*that his client “had no non-lethal options.”

“He did have a Taser, but in his mind, he couldn’t use it because he didn’t feel he had the proper spread to deploy it, with the wheelchair between him and Richards,”*defense attorney Mike Storie said.

Tucson police Chief Chris Magnus released details of the shooting Tuesday during a brief news conference. He also*released the footage*of Richards’ last few minutes of life.

“What you’re about to see is disturbing,”*Magnus warned reporters Tuesday.

Remington was working a “special duty a*signment” at Walmart, and at around 6 p.m. was alerted by an employee that Richards may have stolen a toolbox, Magnus said.

The employee caught up to Richards in the parking lot and asked to see his receipt for the item.

“Instead of providing the receipt, Mr. Richards brandished a knife and said, ‘Here’s your receipt,’”*Magnus said.

Court records*obtained by News 4 in Tucson*show Richards has a lengthy criminal history, including a 2007 prison sentence for attempted murder and other crimes.*State prison records*show Richards was released in January 2018.

Security footage*from outside Walmart shows Remington and the store employee slowly trailing Richards as he maneuvered his wheelchair between vehicles in the parking lot. As they make their way across the lot, Remington speaks with a dispatcher, telling her that Richards had just shoplifted and pulled a knife on him.

“He was confronted by loss prevention,”*Remington says. “He pulled the knife on loss prevention while I was right there.”

The Walmart employee later told investigators that Richards said, “If you want me to put down the knife, you’re going to have to shoot me,”*Magnus said.

The security footage shows Remington walking a step or two behind Richards’ chair as Richards made his way toward Lowe’s, located across the street from Walmart. There is no audio to the footage, but both men appear calm.

The Walmart footage ends, and the video*picks up with bodycam footage*as Officer Stephanie Taylor, who is wearing the camera, arrives to back Remington up as Richards attempts to drive his chair into Lowe’s. Remington can be seen with his gun drawn as Richards moves toward the door to the garden center.

The officer tells Taylor that Richards has a knife in his hand.

“Do not go into the store, sir,”*Remington states.

Taylor is also heard telling Richards to stop.

“Stop. You need to stop,” she says.

Taylor’s last word is drowned out by gunfire as Remington fires eight bullets at the older man, pauses for a second, and fires a ninth bullet. Taylor had also drawn her weapon but did not fire it.

Richards’ body jerks slightly and he slowly falls forward in his seat as the bullets enter his back. Shell casings can be heard hitting the pavement.

“Bravo One Eight, shots fired,”*Remington says*into his radio as he stands a couple of feet from the mortally wounded Richards.

Richards’ body pitches forward off his chair, tumbling headfirst onto the concrete. Blood and what appear to be loose cigarettes and other belongings can be seen at the man’s motionless feet.

The bodycam footage ends as Taylor turns and hurries toward her patrol car to retrieve apparent medical supplies.

The final portion of the footage*shows the shooting from just inside the garden center entrance to Lowe’s. A female employee sits on a stool just inside the fence, her arms casually crossed across her chest.

Richards’ chair is still several feet outside the open gate as the gunfire erupts, startling the employee. She takes cover as Remington continues firing.

The angle of the camera shows the knife and pack of cigarettes fall from Richards’ right hand as he goes limp.

As Taylor runs for her medical kit, Remington forcefully grabs Richards’ hands and cuffs them behind his back.

“Bravo 15, we have one gunshot victim,”*he calls over the radio*as a pool of blood spreads from beneath Richards’ body.

Though officers attempted first aid, Richards was pronounced dead.

visit this link https://www.whio.com/news .. LUOO5KQ634G2A/

Utterly disgusting. murder if I ever seen it...

Now, let's check the pulse of America.
+5   

best
worst
18 comments

2 months ago '11        #2
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 173543 173 K  Slaps total: 23714 23 K
well see if he gets more time than the cop who k*ll Laquan McDonald's
+1   

2 months ago '05        #3
DrDeath 
Props total: 18084 18 K  Slaps total: 1914 1 K
Yea that cop is done!

2 months ago '21        #4
Young Defiant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 12382 12 K  Slaps total: 24100 24 K
popped his old a*s lmao

2 months ago '20        #5
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 48431 48 K  Slaps total: 8921 8 K
We have like 3 threads on this senseless shooting op

Last edited by Xiox; 12-04-2021 at 02:18 PM..
+3   

2 months ago '18        #6
Dehone 
Props total: 68560 68 K  Slaps total: 3139 3 K
Garner v Tennessee

2 months ago '17        #7
BX BlackBelt  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 42235 42 K  Slaps total: 18316 18 K
Guy in wheelchair was a piece of sh*t but my guy just put a stick between his wheels you ain’t have to blow his back out like that
+1   

2 months ago '21        #8
Nomad UnKnown 
Props total: 1461 1 K  Slaps total: 288 288

Clownshoes.

2 months ago '15        #9
FEWYEARSAHEAD12 
Props total: 1576 1 K  Slaps total: 399 399
I realized cops would like you 2 listen to them only, n if u don’t they gone cry n shoot u, I realized when a cop was talking about authority n sh*t to me, shut up, n hurry up,so I can keep going to the store cop

2 months ago '16        #10
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 15260 15 K  Slaps total: 10075 10 K
How is the cop not charged yet?

2 months ago '08        #11
daluckychild 
Props total: 7172 7 K  Slaps total: 158 158
 FEWYEARSAHEAD12 said
I realized cops would like you 2 listen to them only, n if u donít they gone cry n shoot u, I realized when a cop was talking about authority n sh*t to me, shut up, n hurry up,so I can keep going to the store cop
There is some truth to that s***. One day I'm driving home from work and there was a gap between two cars and I needed to switch lanes. Put on my turn signal moved over and then all of a sudden I realized the car behind me was an undercover cop and he pulled me over. The whole time he legit just wanted me to say I was sorry for cutting him off. But my a*s wasn't going to admit to any type of traffic infraction. Told him there was space and I put on my signal and came over I'm sorry if you feel that way but I didn't cut him off. Dude damn near blew a gasket. Lectured me for about 45 minutes on traffic laws but he never wrote me a ticket and did anything because he knew I didn't do s*** wrong
+2   

2 months ago '18        #12
dakidjahsiah 
Props total: 13250 13 K  Slaps total: 1725 1 K
cops are on coke and steroids. thats why they keep k*llin mofos. there's no drug test for pigs. so when dealing with them keep this in mind

2 months ago '15        #13
RIPrjacks23  OP
Props total: 22840 22 K  Slaps total: 2574 2 K
 Xiox said
We have like 3 threads on this senseless shooting op
I looked through the entire 1st page perplexed as to why there was no thread. I must have missed it.
+2   

2 months ago '11        #14
Broseph Stalin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 53768 53 K  Slaps total: 4989 4 K
 BX BlackBelt said
Guy in wheelchair was a piece of sh*t but my guy just put a stick between his wheels you ainít have to blow his back out like that
exactly, wouldíve knocked his sh*t over just like jake did snoop on training day

2 months ago '15        #15
FEWYEARSAHEAD12 
Props total: 1576 1 K  Slaps total: 399 399
 daluckychild said
There is some truth to that s***. One day I'm driving home from work and there was a gap between two cars and I needed to switch lanes. Put on my turn signal moved over and then all of a sudden I realized the car behind me was an undercover cop and he pulled me over. The whole time he legit just wanted me to say I was sorry for cutting him off. But my a*s wasn't going to admit to any type of traffic infraction. Told him there was space and I put on my signal and came over I'm sorry if you feel that way but I didn't cut him off. Dude damn near blew a gasket. Lectured me for about 45 minutes on traffic laws but he never wrote me a ticket and did anything because he knew I didn't do s*** wrong
Hell yea facts broski,this was my point exactly

2 months ago '20        #16
Slymm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 19141 19 K  Slaps total: 838 838
Hoveround with those hoverounds, gonna hoveround and get smoked
+1   

2 months ago '20        #17
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 48431 48 K  Slaps total: 8921 8 K
 Drdeath said
Yea that cop is done!
He hasn't been charged or prosecuted yet sir , i would like to see what he tells the investigators
We still have Aaron Dean to deal with
I swear that these cops are scared of their own shadows

We still have Kim Potter to deal with
We have Jason meade to deal with
We still have to deal with Shaun David Lucas
These 2 devils escalated some bs k*lled a negro & got away with it

Walter Scott had a clip emptied in his back

Ronald Greene's death , we still need closer in the cover up

Last edited by Xiox; 12-04-2021 at 04:49 PM..

2 months ago '04        #18
ruff 
Props total: 15026 15 K  Slaps total: 2602 2 K
Aside from that dude who got popped, that poor Lowe's girl witnessing murder so casually

Yikes

2 months ago '06        #19
daffysm 
Props total: 7613 7 K  Slaps total: 3511 3 K
he could have easily just told the lady to close the gate...

or even hit the k*ll switch that they all have...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor brings monster energy
45 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+19online now  13
Jan 24 - Welp they beat the brakes off great granny
55 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-77online now  8
Image(s) inside Gucci won. Jeezy and Jeanie Mai raising child to be gender fluid.
178 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+59online now  7
Video inside How do you feel about a woman asking for money in the first date?
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy