Was Tony Soprano the GOAT Sociopath?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '06        #1
1532 page views
58 comments

Badnewz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 120611 120 K  Slaps total: 1714 1 K
Was Tony Soprano the GOAT Sociopath?

Just finished a marathon rewatch of this whole series. Dude has to be the GOAT piece of sh*t in a tv series. You hated to see him go but at the same time you would root for him to win. Can't be how dirty he
[spoiler - click to view]

Everyone around him was used to his advantage.
+16   

best
worst
58 comments

2 months ago '15        #2
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 34547 34 K  Slaps total: 9171 9 K
 Badnewz100 said
Just finished a marathon rewatch of this whole series. Dude has to be the GOAT piece of sh*t in a tv series. You hated to see him go but at the same time you would root for him to win. Can't be how dirty he
[spoiler - click to view]

Everyone around him was used to his advantage.
I’m not sure but he never had the makings of a Varsity athlete
+38   

2 months ago '16        #3
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 55049 55 K  Slaps total: 3151 3 K
because of his soft spot for animals and children and his temper Tony is more psychopath than sociopath…but really he could be an extreme case of borderline personality disorder because of his depression…..

don’t ask how i know this……
+9   

2 months ago '10        #4
AriGold 
Props total: 8087 8 K  Slaps total: 1633 1 K
GOAT TV character
+17   

2 months ago '04        #5
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 20209 20 K  Slaps total: 3939 3 K
the one with a tremendous moxie for his size
+6   

2 months ago '20        #6
Ball Man  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9405 9 K  Slaps total: 760 760
 smokeytheblunt2 said
because of his soft spot for animals and children and his temper Tony is more psychopath than sociopath…but really he could be an extreme case of borderline personality disorder because of his depression…..

You got it mixed it's the psychopaths who usually harm animals, are emotionless and have no love for anything... while sociopaths are more complex in nature and usually tend to have more emotions ie. anger issues

If Tony was a psychopath he would be fu*k those kids and those animals... but when you watch the show you see he has a small caring side... which a psychopath would have to fake completely to get by.
+15   

2 months ago '12        #7
sOurxd i e s e 
Props total: 11585 11 K  Slaps total: 1040 1 K
“I couldn’t even hit him if I wanted to he’s so fu*king little… It’s Carmelas side of the family they’re small people, Her father? You can knock him over with a fu*king feather”

most quotable show ever.

& Yes OP he's the goat
+11   

2 months ago '05        #8
B-Block  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 5210 5 K  Slaps total: 239 239
 smokeytheblunt2 said
because of his soft spot for animals and children and his temper Tony is more sociopath than psychopath …but really he could be an extreme case of borderline personality disorder because of his depression…..

Fixed*
+3   

2 months ago '06        #9
droid3000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x47
Props total: 86308 86 K  Slaps total: 10746 10 K
Killing Ralphie, chopping him up and burying him and then calling his house phone looking for him was some next level sh*t. Even sent n*ggas out to look for him
+12   

2 months ago '16        #10
StoicThePoet 
Props total: 2614 2 K  Slaps total: 365 365
I recently rewatched too and at about 3/4 thru the series, I couldn't wait for it to end. A real POS, damn!! Still a great show
+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '04        #11
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
Props total: 21042 21 K  Slaps total: 17544 17 K
 Ball Man said
You got it mixed it's the psychopaths who usually harm animals, are emotionless and have no love for anything... while sociopaths are more complex in nature and usually tend to have more emotions ie. anger issues

If Tony was a psychopath he would be fu*k those kids and those animals... but when you watch the show you see he has a small caring side... which a psychopath would have to fake completely to get by.
This.

If he was a psychopath, he'd harm animals. Sociopaths commit crimes and harm other beings when there's a benefit for them, if there's no tangible benefit, then there's no reason to take a calculated risk.

Tony having a soft spot for animals is actually indicative of a sociopath trait in that it's something "good" that requires minimal effort, but allows him to feel like he's a great person and above people that doesn't care about the animals as much as him. It also doesn't get in the way of the bad things he does that benefits him.
+3   

2 months ago '20        #12
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 8009 8 K  Slaps total: 506 506
Definitely
+1   

2 months ago '20        #13
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 8009 8 K  Slaps total: 506 506
 smokeytheblunt2 said

Correct me if I'm wrong but to my understanding psychopaths lack the ability to have empathy/real emotions. As terrible of a person Tony was, he clearly loved his children and his wife to an extent. And maybe Artie.
+3   

2 months ago '18        #14
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 74361 74 K  Slaps total: 6849 6 K
Tony's parents did a number on him. The worse thing that happened to Tomy was him becoming boss. But every single character was a piece of sh*t. Even Artie he's always fu*king lusting over every pretty bi*ch he sees.
+8   

2 months ago '07        #15
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 71800 71 K  Slaps total: 7559 7 K
Jack Bauer >>>>>>>

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '04        #16
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
 DUCEDUCE said
Tony's parents did a number on him. The worse thing that happened to Tomy was him becoming boss. But every single character was a piece of sh*t. Even Artie he's always fu*king lusting over every pretty bi*ch he sees.
The Sopranos is rooted in nihilism, so every character is a piece of sh*t by design.
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '04        #17
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
 droid3000 said
Killing Ralphie, chopping him up and burying him and then calling his house phone looking for him was some next level sh*t. Even sent n*ggas out to look for him
That comes along with the business he was in tbh. Remember he had to lie about Adrianna's whereabouts to Carmella after he k*lled Adrianna.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #18
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 59643 59 K  Slaps total: 9464 9 K
 droid3000 said
When Tony calls Ralphie cell phone in front of the guys and tells them to do a full investigation on Ralphies whereabouts and they’re like

They all knew he k*lled Ralphie lmaooo . Tony goat no moral having scum bag
+3   

2 months ago '18        #19
KdenIII 
Props total: 33122 33 K  Slaps total: 5073 5 K
everyone loves paulie but he is the most disloyal piece of sh*t ever

sil on the other hand, that was a real ride or die gangster.

Last edited by KdenIII; 12-03-2021 at 10:39 AM..
+10   

2 months ago '15        #20
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 34547 34 K  Slaps total: 9171 9 K
just saw Many Saints of EWR. it was actually good. if you're in to the Sopranos story.

Christopher was my favorite character and I see that he was doomed from birth. He had no chance. And Tony was a monster for what he did to him
+5   

2 months ago '10        #21
t from the 617 
Props total: 26710 26 K  Slaps total: 845 845
any of ya'll read the sopranos autopsy website?

dude breaks down every episode extremely thoroughly, it's fascinating. he just dropped his piece on the final episode a few days ago and his take is crazy. i can't even explain his take succinctly you just gotta read it.
+5   

2 months ago '05        #22
spiderjericho 
Props total: 646 646  Slaps total: 40 40
I agree with OP.

Chris was his nephew/little brother and look what he did. He had no sympathy for him either. He could see the life was taking a toll and causing him to do the heroin.

He had no issue k*lling Chris’ wife. Then lying in Carm’s face.

Dr Milfi’s actions at the end make sense. Tony had no redemption.
+4   

2 months ago '16        #23
smokeytheblunt2 
 LordRupertEvert said
Correct me if I'm wrong but to my understanding psychopaths lack the ability to have empathy/real emotions. As terrible of a person Tony was, he clearly loved his children and his wife to an extent. And maybe Artie.
i think you’re right the empathy and emotion part……
+3   

2 months ago '16        #24
smokeytheblunt2 
 Ball Man said

sociopaths are the ones that hurt animals……

psychopaths can fake empathy for animals and children………

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '04        #25
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
 gemini8686 said
just saw Many Saints of EWR. it was actually good. if you're in to the Sopranos story.

Christopher was my favorite character and I see that he was doomed from birth. He had no chance. And Tony was a monster for what he did to him
Many Saints was trash to me. Was cool to see the fam Christopher came from, but that's about its only redeeming quality.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+167online now  24
Video inside Son burns Moms soul
94 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+55online now  22
Jan 27 - The worst mayor in America spells with money
146 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+298online now  19
Video inside Benny the Butcher & J. Cole - Johnny P's Caddy
252 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Lil Phat: Real murders of Atlanta. "Lil Boosie Was Investigated for Phats murd..
83 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy