Studies say that there are more male virgins than ever before

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

2 months ago '21        #1
860 page views
28 comments

MentalRealness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 15106 15 K  Slaps total: 8722 8 K
Studies say that there are more male virgins than ever before

A recent terrorist attack in Toronto, which left 10 people dead, has brought global attention to the “incel” movement, which stands for “involuntarily celibate.” The term refers to a growing number of people, particularly young men, who feel shut out of any possibility for romance, and have formed a community based around mourning their celibacy, supporting each other, and, in some cases, stoking a culture of impotent bitterness and rage at the wider world. In a few cases, this rage has spilled over in the form of terrorist attacks by “incels.” While the incels’ misogyny deserves to be called out and condemned, their ideas are unlikely to just go away. As such, the question must be posed: is the incel account of modern s*xual life correct or not?

Incel communities tend to believe a few key facts about modern mating practices. First, they tend to believe women have become very s*xually promiscuous over time, and indeed that virtually all women are highly promiscuous. The nickname incels use for an attractive, s*xually available woman is “Stacy.” Second, they believe a small number of males dominate the market for romance, and that their dominance is growing. They call these alpha-males “Chads.” Finally, they tend to argue that the market for s*x is winner-take-all, with a few “Chads” conquering all the “Stacies.” The allegedly handsome and masculine Chads are helped along by social media, Tinder, and an allegedly vacuous and appearance-focused dating scene, such that modern society gives Chads excessive amounts of s*x while leaving a growing number of males with no s*xual partner at all. These left out men are the incels.

This view is basically wrong. But it turns out to be wrong in an interesting and informative way.

How Much s*x Are People Having?

First of all, we may wonder about the actual trends in s*xual behavior. Using data from the General Social Survey (GSS), it’s possible to estimate about how often people of different groups have s*x. For this article, I will focus on individuals aged 22-35 who have never been married, and particularly males within that group.

Most groups of people age 22-35 have broadly similar amounts of s*x; probably something like 60-100 s*xual encounters per year. Never-married people have the least s*x, about 60-80 encounters per year, while ever-married people have more s*x, about 70-110 encounters per year, on average. Historically, never-married men have reported higher s*xual frequency than never-married women. However, in the 2014 and 2016 GSS samples, that changed: never-married men now report slightly lower s*xual frequency than never-married women. This is mostly because men are reporting less s*x, not that women are reporting more s*x. Female s*xual frequency is essentially unchanged since 2000. In other words, a key piece of the incel story about rising female promiscuity just isn’t there.

But s*xual frequency may be dominated by “Chads” and “Stacies.” What we really want to know is what share of these men and women have not had any s*x. The graph below shows what share of these young men and women had not had s*x at all in the last 12 months, by their s*x and marital status.

The share of people of each status who report not having had s*x in the past year shows interesting trends that seem to support the basic incel account of changes in mating markets. Recent years have seen increasing s*xlessness for never-married men. Celibacy is approximately stable among women. Notably, male s*xlessness is also rising among married men.

On the one hand, the incel story of rising male celibacy seems confirmed here; more and more never-married young men are experiencing long s*xual droughts. But on the other hand, incels are basically wrong in suggesting that virtually all women are promiscuous: female s*xlessness has been roughly stable over time and indeed has actually risen since the period from 2005-2010.

However, two other large surveys, the National Survey of Family Growth (NSFfG), and the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), also ask about s*xual behavior. Their results do not confirm the trends seen in the GSS. However, they also have slightly different questions and slightly different survey populations, so they may not be directly comparable. The NSFG, for example, shows a far higher rate of s*xlessness to begin with.

A recent terrorist attack in Toronto, which left 10 people dead, has brought global attention to the “incel” movement, which stands for “involuntarily celibate.” The term refers to a growing number of people, particularly young men, who feel shut out of any possibility for romance, and have formed a community based around mourning their celibacy, supporting each other, and, in some cases, stoking a culture of impotent bitterness and rage at the wider world. In a few cases, this rage has spilled over in the form of terrorist attacks by “incels.” While the incels’ misogyny deserves to be called out and condemned, their ideas are unlikely to just go away. As such, the question must be posed: is the incel account of modern s*xual life correct or not?

Incel communities tend to believe a few key facts about modern mating practices. First, they tend to believe women have become very s*xually promiscuous over time, and indeed that virtually all women are highly promiscuous. The nickname incels use for an attractive, s*xually available woman is “Stacy.” Second, they believe a small number of males dominate the market for romance, and that their dominance is growing. They call these alpha-males “Chads.” Finally, they tend to argue that the market for s*x is winner-take-all, with a few “Chads” conquering all the “Stacies.” The allegedly handsome and masculine Chads are helped along by social media, Tinder, and an allegedly vacuous and appearance-focused dating scene, such that modern society gives Chads excessive amounts of s*x while leaving a growing number of males with no s*xual partner at all. These left out men are the incels.

This view is basically wrong. But it turns out to be wrong in an interesting and informative way.

How Much s*x Are People Having?

First of all, we may wonder about the actual trends in s*xual behavior. Using data from the General Social Survey (GSS), it’s possible to estimate about how often people of different groups have s*x. For this article, I will focus on individuals aged 22-35 who have never been married, and particularly males within that group.

Most groups of people age 22-35 have broadly similar amounts of s*x; probably something like 60-100 s*xual encounters per year. Never-married people have the least s*x, about 60-80 encounters per year, while ever-married people have more s*x, about 70-110 encounters per year, on average. Historically, never-married men have reported higher s*xual frequency than never-married women. However, in the 2014 and 2016 GSS samples, that changed: never-married men now report slightly lower s*xual frequency than never-married women. This is mostly because men are reporting less s*x, not that women are reporting more s*x. Female s*xual frequency is essentially unchanged since 2000. In other words, a key piece of the incel story about rising female promiscuity just isn’t there.

But s*xual frequency may be dominated by “Chads” and “Stacies.” What we really want to know is what share of these men and women have not had any s*x. The graph below shows what share of these young men and women had not had s*x at all in the last 12 months, by their s*x and marital status.

The share of people of each status who report not having had s*x in the past year shows interesting trends that seem to support the basic incel account of changes in mating markets. Recent years have seen increasing s*xlessness for never-married men. Celibacy is approximately stable among women. Notably, male s*xlessness is also rising among married men.

On the one hand, the incel story of rising male celibacy seems confirmed here; more and more never-married young men are experiencing long s*xual droughts. But on the other hand, incels are basically wrong in suggesting that virtually all women are promiscuous: female s*xlessness has been roughly stable over time and indeed has actually risen since the period from 2005-2010.

However, two other large surveys, the National Survey of Family Growth (NSFfG), and the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), also ask about s*xual behavior. Their results do not confirm the trends seen in the GSS. However, they also have slightly different questions and slightly different survey populations, so they may not be directly comparable. The NSFG, for example, shows a far higher rate of s*xlessness to begin with.
+1   

best
worst
28 comments

2 months ago '21        #2
MentalRealness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
The Decline of Youthful Marriage

We can take the data from the three sources on s*xual behavior (GSS, NHANES, and NSFG), and apply it to available data from the American Community Survey and the Decennial Census about marriage, and see what share of the total male population is probably s*xless. The graph below shows estimates the share of male population aged 22-35 who have never been married and who have not had s*x in the last year.

The trend in the total male population aged 22-35 made up of these s*xless men is changing. All sources, including the NSFG and NHANES, show the latest values to be higher than values estimated around 2000-2005. In other words, the share of the male population aged 22-35 who have never been married and haven’t had s*x in at least a year is almost certainly higher than it was a decade or two ago. The exact trend, as well as whether this figure is still rising or not, is much more debatable, but the very broad outcome of higher s*xlessness today than a decade ago is indisputable.

The main factor driving this trend, however, isn’t Chads and Stacies, but just declining marriage rates among young men. The share of men aged 22-35 who have never been married is higher today than at any time since the first data we have, going back to 1880. The married share for these men is far lower than the historic norm. Unmarried people have less s*x in general, so even if celibacy rates within marital status are the same, the s*xless population grows.

Why Are s*xless Men s*xless, Aside From Delayed Marriage?

But how much of this is really about involuntary celibacy? Interestingly, the NSFG (which has about 1,000 never-married men ages 22-35 in each sample period)also asks men who have never had s*x (about half to two-thirds of the men who haven’t had s*x in the last year) why they are still virgins.

The lion’s share of the decline in virginity in the NSFG is due to falling religiosity. The share of never-married men ages 22-35 who were virgins due to religious abstention fell from 4.7% in 2006-2010, to 3% in 2013-2015. The share who are virgins due to fear of STDs has fallen from 0.8% to 0.4%, while the share abstaining due to fear of conception has risen from 0.1% to 0.5%. The share who are in a relationship but just haven’t had the right moment has fallen from 0.8% to 0.4%. Meanwhile, the share who are virgins due to not having found a suitable partner yet has risen from 3.6% to 4%, while the share who cite “other” reasons has risen from 1.6% to 2.5%.

Thus, while the NSFG shows s*xlessness declining, essentially involuntary sources of s*xlessness, which I consider to be “other” and “lack of a suitable partner,” are stable or rising. Virtually, the whole decline in NSFG-measured s*xlessness is a decline in voluntary s*xlessness, that is, s*xlessness due to religious, timing, or health concerns. Using NSFG figures for s*xual abstention and ACS marital demographics, we can estimate a “hard-core incel population,” that is, the share of never-married men ages 22-35 who have never had s*x, and whose reason for never having had s*x isn’t abstention for religious, timing, or health reasons.

This hard-core incel group is indeed growing as a share of the male population. The NSFG’s sample size, over 1,000 never-married men between the ages of 22 and 35 with sufficient questionnaire completion to estimate s*xual behavior and reasons for virginity if they have not had s*x, is large enough to be decently confident of these results.

But the 68% increase from 2002 to 2015 in the incel share of the male, never-married, 22-35-year-old population is mostly due to a decline in marriage, not never-married men having less s*x. Rising involuntary virginity among never-marrieds accounts for around 27 percentage points of the increase, with the other 41 percentage points coming from a declining married share of the population. It may also be that some of these “incels” are males who were formerly, or would formerly have been, religious, and while they no longer abstain for religious reasons, nonetheless they may continue to hold some degree of religious norms regarding “high standards” for a first s*xual encounter.

In other words, incels are right to see themselves as part of a novel and fairly extreme change in our society’s s*xual behavior, with a growing share of s*xless young men. But the big change isn’t a growing share of alpha males hoarding all the s*x, nor women suddenly becoming far more choosey amid rising promiscuity; rather, it’s just that marriage is being delayed, which means that rates of marriage-status-controlled celibacy that aren’t historically extremely unusual result in very unusual rates of total population-wide s*xlessness.

2 months ago '21        #3
TLDR: Marriage was the only think keeping a segment of dudes from becoming virgins
+1   

2 months ago '16        #4
Fumo 
Props total: 6053 6 K  Slaps total: 609 609
They probably surveyed boxden males

+4   

2 months ago '19        #5
TheKingofClowns 
Props total: 2141 2 K  Slaps total: 227 227
you copied and pasted the same article twice
+4   

2 months ago '04        #6
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 20209 20 K  Slaps total: 3939 3 K
as much as i had some choice words reserved for my first, now i actually feel grateful for her for jump starting me. i aint by no means born a womanizer so if i missed that window extra early with her, i might very well have found myself in the same bucket wit the incels
+1   

2 months ago '08        #7
cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 54015 54 K  Slaps total: 2995 2 K
 Paid Shill said
TLDR: Marriage was the only think keeping a segment of dudes from becoming virgins
Hold up. Becoming?

2 months ago '18        #8
The3 
Props total: 11946 11 K  Slaps total: 1869 1 K
SMH men and women hate each other

2 months ago '21        #9
Nomad UnKnown 
Props total: 1461 1 K  Slaps total: 288 288
 The3 said
SMH men and women hate each other

thread hit home huh
+2   

2 months ago '20        #10
Jimmy2times 
Props total: 22653 22 K  Slaps total: 1939 1 K
Well @ is def not in that list. That guy gets pu**y like y’all wouldn’t believe. If I were you I’d pm him for advice before I ever click another Kevin Samuels video word to Foldgers.

Coffee we are not worthy brother. Why don’t you post that pic of your dreaded princess/queen to be. I could only cross my fingers and pray we get a preview of some of the others in your harem.

2 months ago '21        #11
 TheKingofClowns said
you copied and pasted the same article twice
Username checks out

2 months ago '18        #12
dogfood2 
Props total: 21605 21 K  Slaps total: 13521 13 K
No value at all in fu*king a lot of women. Also men need to respect their d*cks and be selective in what bi*ch they choose to smash.

90% of women aresl*ts, wh*res, ig thots, onlyfans creators, and liabilities.
+4   

2 months ago '17        #13
Thierry Henry 
Props total: 14541 14 K  Slaps total: 449 449
 dogfood2 said
No value at all in fu*king a lot of women. Also men need to respect their d*cks and be selective in what bi*ch they choose to smash.

90% of women aresl*ts, wh*res, ig thots, onlyfans creators, and liabilities.

Agreed with the first part
+4   

2 months ago '05        #14
rellish 
Props total: 16449 16 K  Slaps total: 2315 2 K
The more youngins I talk to, I just see how they have little to NO GAME.

Its a different time we're living in. Females got trickier & young boys are clueless.

I cant imagine tryna get a girlfriend in 6th or 7th grade by "sliding in a girls DM's" Unfortunately this is the norm for these kids now.

Most of the in-person game is gone! People feel more courageous behind the screen, & the attention girls/women get on the internet is %1000 more & faster than before.

Im 33 now, when I was in high school, Myspace was the social media, but you had to jump on the computer to get it popping, so it was a mostly get home & check kind of thing....

Now.... these kids wake up everyday and look for something to post for instant gratification...they checking for likes and comments probably seconds after posting. When I was in middle school, you had to pass notes or talkin in person, or man up and speak to the girl in person.

Ball game had changed a lot, and its showing.
+7   

2 months ago '21        #15
 rellish said

Its a different time we're living in. Females got trickier & young boys are clueless.

I cant imagine tryna get a girlfriend in 6th or 7th grade by "sliding in a girls DM's" Unfortunately this is the norm for these kids now.

Most of the in-person game is gone! People feel more courageous behind the screen, & the attention girls/women get on the internet is %1000 more & faster than before.

Im 33 now, when I was in high school, Myspace was the social media, but you had to jump on the computer to get it popping, so it was a mostly get home & check kind of thing....

Now.... these kids wake up everyday and look for something to post for instant gratification...they checking for likes and comments probably seconds after posting. When I was in middle school, you had to pass notes or talkin in person, or man up and speak to the girl in person.

Y’all old n*ggas ain’t have game either. These girls got they own money now so they ain’t gotta settle anymore

2 months ago '21        #16
0 0 X X X 
Props total: 2229 2 K  Slaps total: 176 176
fate signed & sealed before conception*
+1   

2 months ago '13        #17
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 120937 120 K  Slaps total: 49420 49 K
Tragic

2 months ago '15        #18
Kehinde 
Props total: 7056 7 K  Slaps total: 2128 2 K
 dogfood2 said
Top half is on point, bottom half shouldn't even exist. Just remember if you read about the greatest you almost NEVER hear about their s*xual exploits, for good reason.

rellish said

Right I wonder why they ain't take sm into consideration, all things considered, that should've been a glaring factor.

Paid Shill said
Y’all old n*ggas ain’t have game either. These girls got they own money now so they ain’t gotta settle anymore
I agree with what bruh said, but you do have a point.

2 months ago '19        #19
TheKingofClowns 
 Paid Shill said
Username checks out
Does down syndrome run your family asking for a another BX member
+1   

2 months ago '21        #20
 TheKingofClowns said
Does down syndrome run your family asking for a another BX member
Does it run in yours since you a grown man and can’t read?

2 months ago '11        #21
indagame 
Props total: 11859 11 K  Slaps total: 1074 1 K
I'll finish reading later but I would imagine it's an issue of simultaneity. These dudes probably aren't getting laid because they aren't happy and they aren't happy because they aren't getting laid. Getting a girlfriend or getting laid in general isn't going to make them happier.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs has love and intimacy as third as well. So if these dudes are missing out on that, and not getting love elsewhere in life it's not that surprising that they would be miserable.

Not saying that justifies their behavior, but this is just me thinking out loud trying to understand it.

The only ways to counter this I think is having therapy be made more available to people at a younger age so they don't ever develop these hateful feelings in the first place. Maybe legalizing prostitution so they feel more comfortable going down that route
Maybe legalizing it would actually raise the price though and maybe make them less likely to partake in it.

2 months ago '19        #22
TheKingofClowns 
 Paid Shill said
Does it run in yours since you a grown man and can’t read?
Can you?read your first post again

2 months ago '21        #23
 indagame said
I'll finish reading later but I would imagine it's an issue of simultaneity. These dudes probably aren't getting laid because they aren't happy and they aren't happy because they aren't getting laid. Getting a girlfriend or getting laid in general isn't going to make them happier.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs has love and intimacy as third as well. So if these dudes are missing out on that, and not getting love elsewhere in life it's not that surprising that they would be miserable.

Not saying that justifies their behavior, but this is just me thinking out loud trying to understand it.

The only ways to counter this I think is having therapy be made more available to people at a younger age so they don't ever develop these hateful feelings in the first place. Maybe legalizing prostitution so they feel more comfortable going down that route
Maybe legalizing it would actually raise the price though and maybe make them less likely to partake in it.
Most of them are simply just autistic and live in social cities like Toronto NY LA and Miami.

A recipe for disaster

And women no longer consider how much money a man makes since they have their own so tricking isn’t as effective

Last edited by MentalRealness; 12-02-2021 at 08:27 PM..

2 months ago '21        #24
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9318 9 K  Slaps total: 9422 9 K
@ you not alone

2 months ago '18        #25
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 50920 50 K  Slaps total: 3981 3 K
Shoot a hoes club up instead of a mall y'all crusty sock wearing mfers

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+166online now  28
Video inside Son burns Moms soul
94 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+54online now  24
Jan 27 - The worst mayor in America spells with money
146 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+296online now  16
Video inside Benny the Butcher & J. Cole - Johnny P's Caddy
252 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-21online now  9
Image(s) inside Stores Starting To Put Warning Signs On Playstation 5 Display Case
128 comments
24 hours ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy