Beloved Shooter Titanfall Getting Digitally Delisted from Stores in March

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
163 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '13        #1
1430 page views
34 comments

batmanwithprep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 18171 18 K  Slaps total: 816 816
Beloved Shooter Titanfall Getting Digitally Delisted from Stores in March

source: visit this link Kotaku

Titanfall, the game which catapulted Respawn Entertainment to the status of EA’s star studio, is being pulled from digital storefronts and subscription services on March 1, 2022.

Titanfall, at the time of its release, was an incredibly ambitious experiment. It was a multiplayer-only FPS, including its campaign mode—which attempted to weave story into the game’s matchmaking. The game’s multiplayer-only focus, in addition to its phenomenally fluid movement system and weighty mech combat, made Titanfall a brilliant oddity—one that would lay the foundation for all of Respawn’s future projects.

Titanfall 2 is possibly the best first-person shooter released in the last decade—with its perfectly paced and impeccably designed campaign and stellar multiplayer. Apex Legends is set in the same universe, uses the same weapons, and has a modified version of Titanfall’s movement system. The game all but reignited movement shooters for a short time, before they sadly returned to the shadows.

Titanfall’s grim fate marks yet another high-profile instance of a game being pulled from sale—with Rockstar’s recent attempt to remove classic GTA games from various storefronts being the most notable example. Jump Force, the Shonen Jump anime-f*ghter has also met this fate recently.

Titanfall helped set the tone for an entire generation of first-person shooters, and its effects on the genre are undeniably present even today. Hell, Halo Infinite’s excellent grappling hook is pure Titanfall. Losing access to this classic is a major blow to anyone with even a passing interest in FPS history.

For those of you who haven’t picked up the game, it will remain on sale until March 1, 2022, and the game’s multiplayer servers will remain online even after the game is taken off stores and subscription services everywhere.

Goodbye Titanfall, rest well my sweet mech-prince.
+5   

best
worst
34 comments

2 months ago '14        #2
Cuttysark 
Props total: 43049 43 K  Slaps total: 2873 2 K
So underrated
+21   

2 months ago '08        #3
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39249 39 K  Slaps total: 3073 3 K
Probably because the multiplayer is unplayable and broken by hackers
+11   

2 months ago '18        #4
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 63341 63 K  Slaps total: 21358 21 K
But but I only buy digital only
+4   

2 months ago '08        #5
Calamari Pasta 
Props total: 1592 1 K  Slaps total: 101 101
im a goldeneye n*gga but became obsessed with apex last winter. getting less horrible each day. great to zone out on edibles on the huge maps flying around throwing thermite grenades and sh*t
+5   

2 months ago '15        #6
CALL AGAIN 
Props total: 23203 23 K  Slaps total: 2929 2 K
sh*t got the Gears treatment. The og is goat sequel was dumbed down and now it’s overrun by glitchers and low lives. Titanfall was my first real next gen last gen experience. That sh*t was od fun and wild af.
+5   

2 months ago '04        #7
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8526 8 K  Slaps total: 3403 3 K
 Cuttysark said
So underrated
things like this, made me shake my head when ppl said xbox had no games for xb1 when the 2yr - 3yr launch window was fantastic. you had sunset overdrive, rise: son of rome, titanfall, sea of thieves, minecraft, state of decay 2, gears of war 4 and 5, plus forza horizon 4 and motorsport 6, quantum break, crackdown 3, dead rising 3/4, tomb raider, re-core, pubg.

too bad fable and scale bound got cancelled, they would have added nicely to the roster!
+3   

2 months ago '13        #8
mynam3isearl 
Props total: 1450 1 K  Slaps total: 180 180
Apex Legends is my sh*t. I personally think it’s by far top 3 games out, and not 3 or 2. 18 characters with all different abilities that can change the game/situation is wild to me.
+4   

2 months ago '11        #9
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 57944 57 K  Slaps total: 41535 41 K
 Calamari Pasta said
im a goldeneye n*gga but became obsessed with apex last winter. getting less horrible each day. great to zone out on edibles on the huge maps flying around throwing thermite grenades and sh*t
Junkie a*s n*gga

2 months ago '18        #10
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 18664 18 K  Slaps total: 14210 14 K
 Kewop Decam said
Probably because the multiplayer is unplayable and broken by hackers
I was going to cop this game but when I did research, I seen how unhappy the playerbase was.

Explain in details what I would experience if I logged in to play on the daily...?

2 months ago '07        #11
killacar 
Props total: 19893 19 K  Slaps total: 1237 1 K
Titanfall 1??? never played that one, but 2 was lit
+3   

2 months ago '14        #12
Cuttysark 
Props total: 43049 43 K  Slaps total: 2873 2 K
 cuzjuan said
things like this, made me shake my head when ppl said xbox had no games for xb1 when the 2yr - 3yr launch window was fantastic. you had sunset overdrive, rise: son of rome, titanfall, sea of thieves, minecraft, state of decay 2, gears of war 4 and 5, plus forza horizon 4 and motorsport 6, quantum break, crackdown 3, dead rising 3/4, tomb raider, re-core, pubg.

too bad fable and scale bound got cancelled, they would have added nicely to the roster!
Bought Titanfall and Rise with my One

Was not disappointed
+3   

2 months ago '08        #13
 MayneThaTruth2 said
I was going to cop this game but when I did research, I seen how unhappy the playerbase was.

Explain in details what I would experience if I logged in to play on the daily...?

+1   

2 months ago '18        #14
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 18664 18 K  Slaps total: 14210 14 K
 Kewop Decam said

Lol 16:00 no summary.

I knew someone would post a long a*s video Lol

I may check it out later!

2 months ago '08        #15
 MayneThaTruth2 said
Lol 16:00 no summary.

I knew someone would post a long a*s video Lol

I may check it out later!
I summed the sh*t up in my first post without the video.

A hacker... k*llED the game.

Now, if you want to know exactly why and how, watch the video which explains it in the first 2 minutes.
+3   

2 months ago '07        #16
Nothavingit 
Props total: 3566 3 K  Slaps total: 290 290
Titanfall 1 was so dope and innovative

Titanfall 2 was fun af ngl but not as unique and fresh as TF1

To me
+1   

2 months ago '05        #17
Krazie 
Props total: 45764 45 K  Slaps total: 7015 7 K
 Oswaldgatesjr said
You can still download and play delisted games that you've previously purchased.
+8   

2 months ago '21        #18
Linas Kleiza 
Props total: 14152 14 K  Slaps total: 9176 9 K
That game died literally 2 weeks after release
+1   

2 months ago '18        #19
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 63341 63 K  Slaps total: 21358 21 K
 Krazie said
You can still download and play delisted games that you've previously purchased.
True..but U can't sell'em

2 months ago '05        #20
P-Hill 
Props total: 34296 34 K  Slaps total: 2249 2 K
 MayneThaTruth2 said

DDOS attacks on the server.. rendering the game unplayable if a hacker feels like causing havoc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/the-titanfall-2-hack-and-controversy-explained/amp/
+1   

2 months ago '17        #21
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 93952 93 K  Slaps total: 34795 34 K
I’m really not a fan of where gaming is headed.

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '17        #22
HH080 
Props total: 6329 6 K  Slaps total: 484 484
Smart guns k*lled TF1

2 months ago '18        #23
Zo914 
Props total: 185 185  Slaps total: 9 9
Titanfall 1 was multiplayer only so this was Inevitable. Knowing the PC community, it’s gonna have some hacked servers to play on in the future.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #24
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6640 6 K  Slaps total: 1072 1 K
 Cuttysark said
So underrated
They k*lled themselves with the a*s play modes. attrition was just a*s with the pve. game mode would have been nuts without the pve. Just my little opinoin. the executed perfectly on the mech part tho

2 months ago '11        #25
mhurricane266 
Props total: 1149 1 K  Slaps total: 43 43
 Oswaldgatesjr said
If you already purchased it you usually can download it. I still routinely download ncaa 14 on 360. If you haven’t bought a game before it’s delisted you probably don’t and will never want it.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+97online now  16
Article inside From now on here when people respond with “Buy The Dip”…
113 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+45online now  11
[Workout] I Can't Believe How Strong She Is...
83 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+54online now  7
Dude was minding his own business working out with his girl and then this happ..
220 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  3
Video inside Kanye West TROLLING paparazzi at Miami Airport!!! OLD YE BACK!! LOL
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy