Dec 1 - South Africa records NO hospital admissions or deaths from Omicron super strain

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
56 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '15        #1
2068 page views
66 comments

KoKaine Dawkins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 2415 2 K  Slaps total: 979 979
Dec 1 - South Africa records NO hospital admissions or deaths from Omicron super strain

visit this link https://www.dailymail.co. .. d-illness.html

The new Covid variant Omicron could turn out to be a 'Christmas gift' if it causes milder illness, a German health expert claimed today after South African doctors said the strain appears to cause less severe symptoms.

Medics in South Africa said the strain is causing mild symptoms — such as a headache and tiredness — than previous versions of the virus and hasn't led to a single hospitalisation or death.

Professor Karl Lauterbach, a clinical epidemiologist who is in the running to be Germany's next health minister, said the early reports means Omicron could be a Christmas gift and may even speed up the end of the pandemic.

He suggested that it has so many mutations — 32 on the spike protein alone, twice as many as Delta — which could mean it is optimised to infect and be less lethal, in line with how most respiratory viruses evolve.

Professor Paul Hunter, an infectious diseases expert at the University of East Anglia, said the theory 'may prove to be true' but said that high levels of previous infection and vaccination may be offering protection against the strain.

This would also be a positive sign, because it shows that the highly-mutated variant is not completely unrecognisable to the immune system of Covid survivors or vaccines.

Scientists have long-warned the coronavirus is unlikely to ever be eradicated but will instead transition into a milder cold-like virus.

However, experts warned today that they need at least two weeks to determine what impact the Omicron variant will have, due to the time it takes for someone to become seriously unwell after catching the strain.

Scientists also need at least two weeks to work out whether Omicron's worrying mutations could make it more infectious than Delta and resistant to vaccines will translate in the real world.

And most cases have so far been in younger people, who experience milder symptoms from the virus compared to older adults.

It comes as Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said Christmas plans could be put in jeopardy by the new strain, raising fears Britons could be stung with last-minute curbs like last year.

Ms Sturgeon confirmed six cases of the variant have been recorded in Scotland, some of which do not have links to abroad, suggesting Omicron is now spreading in the community.

She called for the UK — which has nine confirmed cases of the variant — to toughen up its approach by ordering all arrivals to self-isolate at home for eight days instead of two to curb the spread of the new strain. But Boris Johnson rejected the plan and said the Government will review its approach in three weeks.
+19   

best
worst
66 comments

2 months ago '16        #2
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 128434 128 K  Slaps total: 25616 25 K
somebody a mf lie
+20   

2 months ago '11        #3
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 173741 173 K  Slaps total: 23728 23 K
Woman i follow on IG in Johannesburg posted a day of fun at the golf course surrounded by 100 people with no mask

Indoors at the cafe and all

It reinforced my decision to buy the dip
+14   

2 months ago '15        #4
KoKaine Dawkins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 Sin said
Woman i follow on IG in Johannesburg posted a day of fun at the golf course surrounded by 100 people with no mask

Indoors at the cafe and all

It reinforced my decision to buy the dip
you are an idiot, read the article. you cant even get COVID outdoors. you are scared like they want you to, this is barely a common cold.

2 months ago '18        #5
Wiggy wexler  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 66155 66 K  Slaps total: 15715 15 K

Vaxx religion guys lol
+36   

2 months ago '04        #6
Real 
Props total: 25962 25 K  Slaps total: 3698 3 K
Really hope this true, but:

Scientists have long-warned the coronavirus is unlikely to ever be eradicated but will instead transition into a milder cold-like virus.

However, experts warned today that they need at least two weeks to determine what impact the Omicron variant will have, due to the time it takes for someone to become seriously unwell after catching the strain.

Scientists also need at least two weeks to work out whether Omicron's worrying mutations could make it more infectious than Delta and resistant to vaccines will translate in the real world.

And most cases have so far been in younger people, who experience milder symptoms from the virus compared to older adults.

Let's keep sharing the facts and truth in all of its context so we can keep people safe while we continue to figure all this sh*t out together.

+16   

2 months ago '19        #7
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 60808 60 K  Slaps total: 6480 6 K
Look, people are generally getting back to regular life day by day. They need to be afraid of something and this is the scariest thing they could find:

On a serious note it's a strain of COVID from Africa. We all know viruses from Africa have been used to scare people in the past and this is no different. And just like the previous nothing major will come of it. This is normal government-media collusion to distract from major issues like the supply chain failure and struggling current and future economy. America as a business is fxcked. Only thing you can do is do you and stack yours.
+10   

2 months ago '10        #8
Blkboipurp 
Props total: 24154 24 K  Slaps total: 1903 1 K
+4   

2 months ago '11        #9
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 173741 173 K  Slaps total: 23728 23 K
 KoKaine Dawkins said
you are an idiot, read the article. you cant even get COVID outdoors. you are scared like they want you to, this is barely a common cold.

did you miss the part of my comment where I specified the "indoors at the cafe"?

or the part where said reinforced my decision to buy the dip because this is overblown
+11   

2 months ago '15        #10
KoKaine Dawkins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 Sin said

did you miss the part of my comment where I specified the "indoors at the cafe"?

or the part where said reinforced my decision to buy the dip because this is overblown
my bad i thought u said u dipped from South Africa

2 months ago '06        #11
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 97704 97 K  Slaps total: 18586 18 K
Yeah figured this would be high transmission / low severity

Sounds like a weaker version of delta. Since we haven’t seen a spike in the unvaccinated yet. Still very early though.

It’ll be a second seasonal “flu” by next year thanks to those of us who have been immunized, we force the virus to mutate, and when it does, it’s generally weaker, Delta showed that pretty clearly: immunized individuals were asymptomatic or very mild symptoms while unvaccinated/nonimmunized individuals were experiencing severe infections and death.

IIRC it was something like 90+% of hospitalizations/deaths were unvaccinated with no prior infection.

2 months ago '20        #12
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 23692 23 K  Slaps total: 39019 39 K
Which “variant” is hospitalizing and k*lling lab rats in South Africa?

@

+4   

2 months ago '20        #13
SoufPawEd 
Props total: 1517 1 K  Slaps total: 360 360
Today California reported its first case of omicron. This article alone is telling the U.S to play its hand. If there are hospitalizations and deaths here in the US and not in Africa then they gon have to explain that
+5   

2 months ago '05        #14
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 18664 18 K  Slaps total: 6479 6 K
 SoufPawEd said
Today California reported its first case of omicron. This article alone is telling the U.S to play its hand. If there are hospitalizations and deaths here in the US and not in Africa then they gon have to explain that
+2   

2 months ago '07        #15
Mr.Green E.U.I. 
Props total: 2726 2 K  Slaps total: 512 512
Sound like they tired of playing them media games, congrats

Let the people decide for themselves
+2   

2 months ago '07        #16
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42039 42 K  Slaps total: 18044 18 K
 Skateboard T said

Sounds like a weaker version of delta. Since we haven’t seen a spike in the unvaccinated yet. Still very early though.

It’ll be a second seasonal “flu” by next year thanks to those of us who have been immunized, we force the virus to mutate, and when it does, it’s generally weaker, Delta showed that pretty clearly: immunized individuals were asymptomatic or very mild symptoms while unvaccinated/nonimmunized individuals were experiencing severe infections and death.

IIRC it was something like 90+% of hospitalizations/deaths were unvaccinated with no prior infection.
There is no proof Delta k*lled any unvaccinated people cut the BS.
+6   

2 months ago '19        #17
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 60808 60 K  Slaps total: 6480 6 K
 Cambury said
There is no proof Delta k*lled any unvaccinated people cut the BS.
There's no proof your fat azz has left the house in the last 10 years either.

2 months ago '16        #18
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 109512 109 K  Slaps total: 12155 12 K
 foshoVoodoo said
somebody a mf lie
Cant trust none of this sh*t no more.
+2   

2 months ago '06        #19
itzadirtyworld 
Props total: 6734 6 K  Slaps total: 2141 2 K
M E L A N I N

IS

S C I E N C E

Learn that 1 aspect of the universe and you will see through the Europeans deception on everything involving

S C I E N C E
+8   

2 months ago '04        #20
Real 
Props total: 25962 25 K  Slaps total: 3698 3 K
 Skateboard T said

2 months ago '16        #21
Fumo 
Props total: 6057 6 K  Slaps total: 609 609
 aaf192020 said
Look, people are generally getting back to regular life day by day. They need to be afraid of something and this is the scariest thing they could find:

On a serious note it's a strain of COVID from Africa. We all know viruses from Africa have been used to scare people in the past and this is no different. And just like the previous nothing major will come of it. This is normal government-media collusion to distract from major issues like the supply chain failure and struggling current and future economy. America as a business is fxcked. Only thing you can do is do you and stack yours.
n*gga don't speak on Africa.. keep ya b.s narratives to ya self.. worry about tap dancing for the man...
+3   

2 months ago '17        #22
Tetsuo 
Props total: 12409 12 K  Slaps total: 1131 1 K
 aaf192020 said

..... I can't today. Should have just stayed out of the thread
+2   

2 months ago '16        #23
Fumo 
Props total: 6057 6 K  Slaps total: 609 609
Just about everyone back home takes medicine for malaria thats why. Since the beginning of covid Africa had the lowest amount of covid...

Last edited by Fumo; 12-01-2021 at 04:33 PM..
+4   

2 months ago '17        #24
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 122069 122 K  Slaps total: 15391 15 K

Pandemic of the vaccinated it is... The unvaxxed are being banned from flying from Africa now, but you have to pass a PCR test and be double jabbed in order to enter most countries....soooo, how did it spread so fast?
+14   

2 months ago '05        #25
bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 12734 12 K  Slaps total: 3390 3 K
 TheLastNonEarth said

Pandemic of the vaccinated it is... The unvaxxed are being banned from flying from Africa now, but you have to pass a PCR test and be double jabbed in order to enter most countries....soooo, how did it spread so fast?
I remember someone made a thread about the rate being real low in Africa forgot who it was. Then a few days later a new variant comes out
+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  24
[Health] Green Juicing…Why you need it.
34 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  20
The Flash actor Looney Leftist Ezra Miller threatens to shoot & k*ll Ku Klux K..
130 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+70online now  20
Video inside Wait WTF... Did Anyone Know About This Secret In Super Mario Brothers?&..
79 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
-28online now  8
Image(s) inside Damn... Gamepass Caught Another Body👀
72 comments
2 days ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy