Father charged in shooting death of former UCF Knights RB Otis Anderson Jr.

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+59  32
31 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '10        #1
2035 page views
62 comments

ARosary 
Props total: 18973 18 K  Slaps total: 1964 1 K
Father charged in shooting death of former UCF Knights RB Otis Anderson Jr.

Didn't see this posted yet...

Former*UCF*running back Otis Anderson Jr. was shot and k*lled at his parents' home in Jacksonville, Florida, on Monday evening, and his father has been charged in his death, shocking former teammates, coaches and those who knew him best in his Central and North Florida communities.

According to an arrest report released by the Jacksonville Sherriff's Office on Tuesday, Otis Anderson Jr.'s mother, Denise, told police that Anderson Jr. and his father, Otis Anderson Sr., got into an argument that escalated and then involved her. Anderson Jr. and Anderson Sr. eventually separated, but Denise Anderson told police that Anderson Sr. returned from the garage and met Anderson Jr. in the kitchen.

When police arrived, they found Anderson Jr. suffering from at least one gunshot wound to the chest. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. Denise Anderson was hospitalized with multiple graze wounds but later discharged.

Anderson Sr. was charged with first-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder. On Tuesday, he appeared in front of a judge, who found probable cause on the charges. Anderson Sr. was being held without bond and appointed a public defender. His next court appearance is set for Dec. 22.

Otis Anderson Jr. played at UCF from 2017-20, rushing for 2,182 yards and 17 touchdowns, while catching 91 passes for 1,025 yards and nine touchdowns.*Mary Holt/Icon Sportswire

Anderson Jr., 23, played at UCF from 2017 to 2020, rushing for 2,182 yards and 17 touchdowns, while catching 91 passes for 1,025 yards and nine touchdowns. Nicknamed "Juice" because of his OJ initials, he was beloved around the football team and known for his uplifting smile and personality.

UCF said in a statement, "We have now confirmed and are devastated to hear of the passing of Otis Anderson Jr. He was revered by his teammates, our fans, and everyone within Knight Nation. Our deepest condolences go out to everyone who loved Otis. He was taken too soon and will truly be missed."

The tributes poured onto social media throughout the day Tuesday. Anderson's*jersey and flowers were placed on the football field, and UCF*put photos of him on their videoboard*inside the football facility lobby.

His former coach Josh Heupel posted*a statement on Twitter, writing, "Saddened and stunned by the passing of Otis Anderson Jr. Tough and gritty, fun and full of laughter, he made such a positive impact on our university, community, and our locker room. He was an unbelievable teammate. My condolences go out to the entire UCF family."

Anderson was with the Los Angeles Rams for training camp this year. The NFL franchise said in a statement that "he was a promising young man with a bright future. Our sincere condolences are with his family during this very difficult time."

image by his own father
+16   

best
worst
62 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
shadychef04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12248 12 K  Slaps total: 1197 1 K
Rip to the young man

+1   

2 months ago '19        #3
Mr Insecurity  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10325 10 K  Slaps total: 978 978
I love my father but he’s the type of father who would murder one of his children if he felt that one of us disrespected him.

Killing one’s own child—especially if that child is an adult—is ridiculous.

And if mom has “graze”wounds; he doesn’t seem to have been too concerned about her.
+14   

2 months ago '09        #4
dadon85 
Props total: 49422 49 K  Slaps total: 4966 4 K
Just seen the story. Marvin Gaye all over again
+22   

2 months ago '11        #5
Jeavila1014 
Props total: 3382 3 K  Slaps total: 204 204
From one knight to another RIP
+8   

2 months ago '21        #6
Linas Kleiza 
Props total: 14151 14 K  Slaps total: 9176 9 K
The ultimate betrayal and it was probably over something stupid
+5   

2 months ago '09        #7
That Guy Fly 
Props total: 49530 49 K  Slaps total: 14505 14 K
I wonder if he was abusing his wife, the son found out, tried to intervene physically and the dad shot them both

2 months ago '11        #8
greedy87 
Props total: 17773 17 K  Slaps total: 5479 5 K
So basically pops got beat up? Smh
+9   

2 months ago '20        #9
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 48227 48 K  Slaps total: 16331 16 K
 greedy87 said
So basically pops got beat up? Smh
Smh

2 months ago '21        #10
Kierris  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 13817 13 K  Slaps total: 2973 2 K
Damn this is exactly like the Marvin Gaye situation… brothers please stop beating up your fathers.
+9   

2 months ago '11        #11
greedy87 
 Tweezy12 said
Smh
Smh
+1   

2 months ago '11        #12
greedy87 
 Kierris said
Damn this is exactly like the Marvin Gaye situation… brothers please stop beating up your fathers.
Gotta be tough when your son puts the paws on you. What you gone tell him afte that? Crazy world we live in. Prayers to family though.
+10   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '08        #13
stlcardinals19 
Props total: 18910 18 K  Slaps total: 1475 1 K
The fatal confrontation began after "Otis Lee Anderson Sr. got bit by (the victim's) girlfriend's dog" and "was bleeding throughout the house," according to a booking and arrest report.

The suspect then flipped a reclining chair before the two continued their argument, officials said.

The heavily redacted report quoted Anderson Sr. saying "Anderson Jr. charged at him" but it wasn't clear if the suspect was claiming self-defense.

Anderson Sr. also "stated multiple times that Anderson Jr. had never disrespected him before this incident," according to the report.

You gotta be kidding me
+11   

2 months ago '15        #14
Prad Bitt 
Props total: 17414 17 K  Slaps total: 1448 1 K
 Mr Insecurity said
I love my father but he’s the type of father who would murder one of his children if he felt that one of us disrespected him.

And if mom has “graze”wounds; he doesn’t seem to have been too concerned about her.
You look like your father fresh out the womb for this very reason.
+2   

2 months ago '07        #15
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 71435 71 K  Slaps total: 7516 7 K
sad story damn

2 months ago '11        #16
SainT sig  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 12530 12 K  Slaps total: 2209 2 K
 greedy87 said
smh
🤦🏼*♂️

2 months ago '06        #17
whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 24854 24 K  Slaps total: 1627 1 K
 Mr Insecurity said

This makes me kind of sad like your dad was like the dad on Fences.

+7   

2 months ago '10        #18
sho 2010  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 56857 56 K  Slaps total: 23803 23 K
SB .620 #12 (+1)
 That Guy Fly said
I wonder if he was abusing his wife, the son found out, tried to intervene physically and the dad shot them both
And if that’s the case he should’ve minded his business

2 months ago '09        #19
That Guy Fly 
Props total: 49530 49 K  Slaps total: 14505 14 K
 whammy said
This makes me kind of sad like your dad was like the dad on Fences.

Fences been around for decades but now this year thanks to social media everyone hates it. Same folks who spoke highly of the Denzel version when it came out are now saying the dad was trash. sh*t wild
+1   

2 months ago '14        #20
utsdbl 
Props total: 286 286  Slaps total: 39 39
 Mr Insecurity said

so it would be less ridiculous if the child was underage?
+6   

2 months ago '07        #21
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x130
Props total: 262167 262 K  Slaps total: 23299 23 K
 ARosary said
Didn't see this posted yet...

by his own father

+1   

2 months ago '19        #22
Mr Insecurity  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10325 10 K  Slaps total: 978 978
 utsdbl said

so it would be less ridiculous if the child was underage?
Yes. But still ridiculous.

One could make then case that with a young child a parent can still try to force them to respect them. But if the child is adult. They either respect you or they don’t. You can no longer make them do it.

When a father k*lls his son, it’s usually a matter of respect and the father decides that they’d rather end the son’s life than be disrespected. It’s worse to think this with a grown child because it’s a lost cause.

2 months ago '04        #23
LordBlanco|M  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 59188 59 K  Slaps total: 4636 4 K
Tragic

That mom is in the worst place possible.

Her young talented son with much potential is dead, husband going to prison for life for k*lling his own son, a son he named after himself.
+9   

2 months ago '14        #24
utsdbl 
Props total: 286 286  Slaps total: 39 39
 Mr Insecurity said
Yes. But still ridiculous.

One could make then case that with a young child a parent can still try to force them to respect them. But if the child is adult. They either respect you or they don’t. You can no longer make them do it.

When a father k*lls his son, it’s usually a matter of respect and the father decides that they’d rather end the son’s life than be disrespected. It’s worse to think this with a grown child because it’s a lost cause.
How is k*lling a young child going to make him respect you? It's a lost cause either way by definition, he's dead
+6   

2 months ago '08        #25
Skilly713 
Props total: 28266 28 K  Slaps total: 1999 1 K
 dadon85 said
Just seen the story. Marvin Gaye all over again
Marvin and his Pops were both troubled Men

You gotta blame yourself if it ever crosses your mind about taking your child’s life you’re the one who designed them
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+27online now  19
[Workout] I Can't Believe How Strong She Is...
57 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+72online now  6
Jan 22 - Regina King’s son commits suicide
212 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  4
Jan 21 - Welp 2 twelves down in Harlem early
120 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+27online now  3
Video inside Kevin Gates went to heaven after drinking only liquids for 42 days stra..
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy