Nov 30 - CNN Fires Chris Cuomo

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '18        #1
5721 page views
108 comments

Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 59824 59 K  Slaps total: 12874 12 K
Nov 30 - CNN Fires Chris Cuomo

CNN said Tuesday that it has suspended Chris Cuomo "indefinitely" after new documents released this week indicated that the anchor was more intimately involved than previously known in helping his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, craft a defense amid a flurry of s*xual misconduct allegations.

"The New York Attorney General's office released transcripts and exhibits Monday that shed new light on Chris Cuomo's involvement in his brother's defense," a CNN spokesperson said Tuesday evening. "The documents, which we were not privy to before their public release, raise serious questions."
"When Chris admitted to us that he had offered advice to his brother's staff, he broke our rules and we acknowledged that publicly," the spokesperson continued. "But we also appreciated the unique position he was in and understood his need to put family first and job second."
"However, these documents point to a greater level of involvement in his brother's efforts than we previously knew," the spokesperson added. "As a result, we have suspended Chris indefinitely, pending further evaluation."
Anderson Cooper will anchor the 9 p.m. slot on Tuesday, the CNN spokesperson said.

The suspension came after significant criticism from people who noted that Chris Cuomo had violated widely accepted journalistic norms." Inside CNN, staffers expressed dismay at the anchor's conduct.
The documents released by New York Attorney General Letitia James included text messages and transcripts of interviews with investigators who led the probe into allegations against the governor.
The cache of documents included text messages between Chris Cuomo and Melissa DeRosa, a then-top aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo, that suggested he was instrumental in working to craft a defense against a flood of s*xual misconduct allegations.

The text messages also revealed that Chris Cuomo sought to use his connections in the press to help prepare the then-governor's team as accusers started to make their stories public.
Chris Cuomo also acknowledged to investigators that he did attempt to learn more about a story by journalist Ronan Farrow. The anchor defended the practice as conventional.

"The idea of one reporter calling another to find out about what's coming down the pipe is completely business-as-usual," he said.
When Andrew Cuomo resigned as governor in August, Chris Cuomo told CNN viewers that he was "not an advisor," but "a brother." He acknowledged that he talked with his brother's aides and gave his "take" until CNN told him to stop doing so in May.

The "Cuomo Prime Time" anchor also said on the air in August, "I never attacked nor encouraged anyone to attack any woman who came forward. I never made calls to the press about my brother's situation."
Monday's revelations cast some doubt on his statement about his interactions with the press.

"I would -- when asked, I would reach out to sources, other journalists, to see if they had heard of anybody else coming out," Chris Cuomo said during testimony.

Chris Cuomo also said under oath what he told CNN viewers earlier this year: That he "never influenced or attempted to control CNN's coverage of my family."
During the questioning, he reiterated that sentiment, saying, "If I had tried to influence any of the reporting at CNN or anywhere else, I guarantee you people would know, and so would a lot of others."

In its May statement, CNN had said, "Chris has not been involved in CNN's extensive coverage of the allegations against Governor Cuomo ó on air or behind the scenes." The network's statement added, "In part because, as he has said on his show, he could never be objective. But also because he often serves as a sounding board for his brother. However, it was inappropriate to engage in conversations that included members of the Governor's staff, which Chris acknowledges. He will not participate in such conversations going forward."
The anchor at the time also took to his show to say that he is "family first and job second" and apologized for how he helped his brother.

"It will not happen again. It was a mistake, because I put my colleagues here, who I believe are the best in the business, in a bad spot," he said. "I never intended for that I would never intend for that and I am sorry for that."
While a report on the s*xual misconduct allegations against Andrew Cuomo was released in August, James' office continues with a separate investigation into allegations he misused state resources for the development, production and promotion of a book he wrote on the pandemic.

Rich Azzopardi, a spokesman for Andrew Cuomo, called the latest release of transcripts, documents and videos a "manipulated release."

"New Yorkers are no one's fool and James and her colleagues' obvious misuse of government resources to damage political opponents is as obvious and repugnant as it is unethical and illegal," Azzopardi said in a statement.

visit this link https://www.cnn.com/2021/ .. ded/index.html
+1   

best
worst
108 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
ElQueHablaSucio 
Props total: 17687 17 K  Slaps total: 4556 4 K
Something up with that family of weirdos 1st the brother and now him.
+25   

2 months ago '12        #3
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 191590 191 K  Slaps total: 11218 11 K
"The New York Attorney General's office released transcripts and exhibits Monday that shed new light on Chris Cuomo's involvement in his brother's defense," a CNN spokesperson said Tuesday evening. "The documents, which we were not privy to before their public release, raise serious questions."
Leticia clearing house

Get his a*s
+12   

2 months ago '14        #4
kaylikestofly 
Props total: 3895 3 K  Slaps total: 2865 2 K
 ElQueHablaSucio said
Something up with that family of weirdos 1st the brother and now him.
all long as a man is successful it shouldnt matter how weird they are in their real life

2 months ago '17        #5
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 94200 94 K  Slaps total: 34908 34 K
Oh boy
+3   

2 months ago '18        #6
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25 OP

+3   

2 months ago '05        #7
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 18636 18 K  Slaps total: 6442 6 K
+8   

2 months ago '21        #8
LuxG2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27433 27 K  Slaps total: 5591 5 K
+2   

2 months ago '20        #9
Die in Houston  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20203 20 K  Slaps total: 1853 1 K
risked his job for his brother.

I can respect that.

Idk why he would admit it tho and lose it anyway.
+118   

2 months ago '15        #10
GTA905 
Props total: 4394 4 K  Slaps total: 476 476
Get rid of Fruity Lemon next
+34   

2 months ago '18        #11
 Die in Houston said
risked his job for his brother.

I can respect that.

Idk why he would admit it tho and lose it anyway.
Most likely knew it would get exposed, so he got in front of it
+26   

2 months ago '16        #12
MadMarlo 
Props total: 21140 21 K  Slaps total: 4331 4 K
What did he do wrong?

Was there a crime committed ?

Also...it says suspended in the article

Stop with the clickbait

Last edited by MadMarlo; 11-30-2021 at 06:22 PM..
+38   

2 months ago '17        #13
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x181
Props total: 117635 117 K  Slaps total: 26820 26 K
 MadMarlo said
What did he do wrong?

Was there a crime committed ?

Also...it says suspended in the article

Stop with the clickbait
People love to cancel people thatís why.
And he is out indefinitely so heís done done but I donít agree with k*lling off someoneís career over this sh*t.

It is what it is though whatever fu*k tv
+2   

2 months ago '18        #14
 BronBradyBABY said
People love to cancel people thatís why.
And he is out indefinitely so heís done done but I donít agree with k*lling off someoneís career over this sh*t.

It is what it is though whatever fu*k tv
His whole thing is holding politicians accountable. How can it still be effective when he's helping his brother in this manner?
+13   

2 months ago '10        #15
Shhon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 49851 49 K  Slaps total: 4501 4 K
fu*k yes!
+1   

2 months ago '05        #16
Switchc2390 
Props total: 13343 13 K  Slaps total: 1384 1 K
Ya'll n*ggas could never be journalists. It clearly says suspended indefinitely in the first sentence.
+35   

2 months ago '17        #17
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 200498 200 K  Slaps total: 15256 15 K
 kaylikestofly said
all long as a man is successful it shouldnt matter how weird they are in their real life
Yeah, as long as man is rich it's okay for him to be a s*xual predator.

+17   

2 months ago '17        #18
 Pastor Ra said
His whole thing is holding politicians accountable. How can it still be effective when he's helping his brother in this manner?
People will cry about everythinggggggggg.
Letís fire him he answered a text message
Everyone has dirt I donít know why we as humans are so quick to hang someone when we ourselves can easily get hung for the sh*t we do

Peace
+6   

2 months ago '12        #19
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 191590 191 K  Slaps total: 11218 11 K
 Naga Sadow said
Yeah, as long as man is rich it's okay for him to be a s*xual predator.

These n*ggas wild

Cuomo and his goofy a*s brother need to go, fu*k both of them

I said on here when the news broke and he all of a sudden pushed for marijuana legalization...like dude really thought turning his head on arresting people for weed was gone make all that bullsh*t go away.

Lock they a*s up they can share a cell
+8   

2 months ago '18        #20
 BronBradyBABY said
People will cry about everythinggggggggg.
Let’s fire him he answered a text message
Everyone has dirt I don’t know why we as humans are so quick to hang someone when we ourselves can easily get hung for the sh*t we do

Peace
That's all he did? Didn't he coach ol girl? I'm not with the cancelling for anyone and have nothing against him, but to say it's just text when so much dirt is out there means you don't know much

2 months ago '17        #21
 Pastor Ra said
That's all he did? Didn't he coach ol girl? I'm not with the cancelling for anyone and have nothing against him, but to say it's just text when so much dirt is out there means you don't know much
I donít honestly give a damn about keeping up with all these millions of news stories like some people on this forum.
Why? It really doesnít matter at the end of the day sh*t has no effect on me period.
Iíve done and said sh*t that will get me fired 1000 times over, along with most people.
Get over yourselves peace.

2 months ago '06        #22
dagreat1_87 
Props total: 20798 20 K  Slaps total: 1045 1 K
So he did what any other person with connections would do? If i think some people are coming for my family, fu*k i look like not trying to help them if i can?
+9   

2 months ago '14        #23
Sphynx 
Props total: 104668 104 K  Slaps total: 27121 27 K
That's family. Would do the same for my brother
+18   

2 months ago '17        #24
Jdog168  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 16432 16 K  Slaps total: 384 384
He’s suspended not fired as of now
+8   

2 months ago '18        #25
 BronBradyBABY said
I donít honestly give a damn about keeping up with all these millions of news stories like some people on this forum.
Why? It really doesnít matter at the end of the day sh*t has no effect on me period.
Iíve done and said sh*t that will get me fired 1000 times over, along with most people.
Get over yourselves peace.
So, you're admitting you're not keeping up, while saying "it's just text" (when it's way more than that), but defending him for something you say you don't care for?

You don't have to defend him to me. I'm not on the cancel train. It's just weird that you seem passionate about something you say you're not invested in
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+45online now  22
NY Times Article on Alpo: He Was in Witness Protection, But His Harlem Life Ke..
152 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+202online now  17
Video inside Be Careful What You Ask For
65 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside Game calls out TI, Funk Flex & Ebro for their top 50 rappers lists the..
169 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+74online now  10
Kelce ignores the call play and tell Mahomes that hes running his own rout..
82 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy