What’s so special about the “Off-White” brand?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x4   |  0 bx goons and 4 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

2 months ago '06        #1
7772 page views
109 comments

hawk48202 
Props total: 2100 2 K  Slaps total: 288 288
What’s so special about the “Off-White” brand?

1st of all rip to Virgil. I didn’t know much about him prior to his passing but it’s clear he made a major impact in the fashion world. I’m not a big fashion person so I’m sooooo out of the loop when it comes to the gear he was responsible for. From what I’ve seen it doesn’t look like anything special. I’m not trying to be disrespectful but someone fill me in on they hype and why the off white stuff is so sought after.
+51   

best
worst
109 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 29974 29 K  Slaps total: 2051 2 K
The man pretty much graduated college w/ both a bachelor's and a master's degree, was a fashion intern and networked with the right people until he could work with Kanye, Louis Vuitton and built up his own brand that a lot of hypebeasts followed from day one but I think a lot of casuals eventually started catching on to be in the know but that kinda brought his stock up because his sh*t was highly sought after despite the high prices so resellers were able to make a k*lling.

I mean his stuff I feel like is targeted for young people as he said
The stated goal of Pyrex Vision [brand he had before Off-White] was to represent the importance of youth culture, by centering the designs around a garment that most youth would notice from gym class
but dude definitely left an impact on the fashion world which will be long lasting and that is hard to do in the industry respective to such for reasons we're all aware of...
+32   

2 months ago '06        #3
T.J. Detweiler  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13739 13 K  Slaps total: 1264 1 K
They're expensive. End of story. You remove the name and price tag and n*ggas would never buy it.
+84   

2 months ago '17        #4
Acebit 
Props total: 4953 4 K  Slaps total: 1123 1 K
Yea none of his sh*t fye to me
+28   

2 months ago '21        #5
Crow42 
Props total: 2146 2 K  Slaps total: 830 830
Never who knew who dude was
I imagine he design some Uber expensive clothes for White people

I don’t wear that type of dumb sh*t so I never knew who this was
+10   

2 months ago '18        #6
Sick Flair 
Props total: 22757 22 K  Slaps total: 1680 1 K
Dude was a huge inspiration for me mainly because we don’t see a lot of black men able to rise to the level he did. On top of that he had a degree in architecture but was able to rise to the top of the fashion world. Off-White elevated street wear in a way that probably won’t happen again. Like the clothes or not you have to see the importance in that. Especially if you are into fashion.
+21   

2 months ago '19        #7
DadeCounty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 59966 59 K  Slaps total: 5471 5 K
What was special about it? Nothing .
+7   

2 months ago '14        #8
NineDime 
Props total: 8672 8 K  Slaps total: 317 317
he’s been in the mix with streetwear for a long time. his design acumen and that history together solidified him in the fashion space.
+4   

2 months ago '21        #9
MentalRealness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14583 14 K  Slaps total: 8426 8 K
A bunch of famous people wore it and it’s expensive
+13   

2 months ago '05        #10
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 36077 36 K  Slaps total: 4635 4 K
design wise, the sh*t was just artsy..... long a*s unnecessary hang tag in the inside... the hole gimmicks on the shades and Jordan 5s... random a*s colabs, like the throwback Bart Simpson designs... the Nike collabs were fire to me the way he broke the sh*t down to the raw material (like the foam on the tongue)

Gallery Dept is in the same boat.... black designer, over priced with an emphasis on little artistic details.... Can't really point at price IMO, because sh*t like Comme Des Garcon or BBC get the same kind of hype while being affordable..... all in all, the n*gga Virgil made some cool sh*t
+10   

2 months ago '13        #11
Commission 
Props total: 104394 104 K  Slaps total: 17457 17 K
Pyrex 23 >>>>>>>>
+1   

2 months ago '13        #12
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 119693 119 K  Slaps total: 48913 48 K
Some real hype beast sh*t

+13   

2 months ago '06        #13
whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24372 24 K  Slaps total: 1569 1 K
 hawk48202 said
1st of all rip to Virgil. I didn’t know much about him prior to his passing but it’s clear he made a major impact in the fashion world. I’m not a big fashion person so I’m sooooo out of the loop when it comes to the gear he was responsible for. From what I’ve seen it doesn’t look like anything special. I’m not trying to be disrespectful but someone fill me in on they hype and why the off white stuff is so sought after.
What is special about any fashion brand?
+10   

2 months ago '17        #14
HH080 
Props total: 6027 6 K  Slaps total: 469 469
 hawk48202 said
Why didnt you ask this before he passed then? You had a good amount of time

2 months ago '15        #15
ChoAssUp 
Props total: 88286 88 K  Slaps total: 4896 4 K
What's so special about Gucci, Prada, Fendi, Dior, Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Versace, Burberry or Hermes?
+32   

2 months ago '17        #16
Drewsmit 
Props total: 24632 24 K  Slaps total: 3205 3 K
Simple, street wear brand to luxury branded wear

He’s was the Modern day Andy Warhol meets Versace imo
+4   

2 months ago '06        #17
yumflip  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17188 17 K  Slaps total: 1759 1 K
I feel bad for you n*ggas who can't find appreciation for anything. Life is empty when you either don't find enjoyment anywhere or always find critique everywhere. If it ain't for you, leave it at that. I'm not super familiar w/all of Off White sh*t, but I don't need to be convinced to like something I was never checking for either. Or do I need to dismiss it either. Virgil accomplished things Black designers never have. That's should be enough for all of us to appreciate.
+31   

2 months ago '15        #18
Swavey 
Props total: 51574 51 K  Slaps total: 4426 4 K
I fu*ked with the off white 1s and 5s. Didn’t get to get a pair of the 1s before the price spike after his death smh.

2 months ago '16        #19
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 108339 108 K  Slaps total: 11998 11 K
Hes dead. So more than likely his version of the line is finished after about a year.
+1   

2 months ago '21        #20
MentalRealness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14583 14 K  Slaps total: 8426 8 K
 yumflip said
I feel bad for you n*ggas who can't find appreciation for anything. Life is empty when you either don't find enjoyment anywhere or always find critique everywhere. If it ain't for you, leave it at that. I'm not super familiar w/all of Off White sh*t, but I don't need to be convinced to like something I was never checking for either. Or do I need to dismiss it either. Virgil accomplished things Black designers never have. That's should be enough for all of us to appreciate.
n*gga please most people was clownin dude relentlessly when he was alive.

They clowned his pop smoke cover so bad that they changed it last minute.

They clowned him starting a chain of people donating money. I remember when dudes called $20 bills a Virgil for a year straight.

People clowned everything he did at LV and said that he was a thief who would rip off designs from lesser known designers and he even admitted it.

But now he’s dead y’all wanna be like “he’s a legend and an inspiration to all”

Stop with the fake sh*t. Just because someone dies doesn’t mean that you gotta like everything they did or they’re exempt of criticism.

n*ggas tryna act like this wasn’t one of the first memes

Y’all just riding the cultural zeitgeist

Last edited by MentalRealness; 11-30-2021 at 06:25 PM..
+34   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '17        #21
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 198923 198 K  Slaps total: 15087 15 K
Hype. They're ugly as hell. When I got my off-white baby blue 1's they looked like Jamaica Ave bootlegged specials.
+12   

2 months ago '15        #22
SmokinBigDope  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16793 16 K  Slaps total: 2887 2 K
It's fa---tt wear.

+3   

2 months ago '05        #23
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 100986 100 K  Slaps total: 27304 27 K
That off white sh*t is trash

I'm not gonna change my stance because the n*gga dead.

And he a bi*ch for sending that 50 dollars.
+10   

2 months ago '17        #24
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 25747 25 K  Slaps total: 13927 13 K
 Sick Flair said
Dude was a huge inspiration for me mainly because we don’t see a lot of black men able to rise to the level he did. On top of that he had a degree in architecture but was able to rise to the top of the fashion world. Off-White elevated street wear in a way that probably won’t happen again. Like the clothes or not you have to see the importance in that. Especially if you are into fashion.
Plenty of black deaigners, hell there are a lot of black owned companies.

The rral sad thing is people like you say the generic sh*t, but dont want to say what you rrally mean.

He isnt special or groundbreaking, only the fact that whites accepted him and elevated him makes some of you happy and thats his real thing. He was with LV white folks like him he was doing thangs. Smh
+9   

2 months ago '11        #25
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 172503 172 K  Slaps total: 23662 23 K
The price

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-68online now  29
The queen needs a fine a*s Latin lover
352 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+16online now  17
Video inside Have you PROFITED more than $5,000 in Crypto?
87 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+20online now  14
Video inside So this is the type is sh-t they're doing in church now
123 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+214online now  14
Image(s) inside Damn yo... Seems like this is becoming a common thing. Sad.
227 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy