Gucci family slams Ridley Scott's 'House Of Gucci' and hints at legal action

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
163 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '04        #1
1770 page views
27 comments

Grimm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4213 4 K  Slaps total: 480 480
Gucci family slams Ridley Scott's 'House Of Gucci' and hints at legal action

The Gucci family has released a statement slamming Ridley Scott's "House of Gucci."

The statement criticizes the filmmakers for not consulting with the heirs of the fashion dynasty.

The family says the film is an "insult to the legacy" of the fashion brand.

The surviving family members of the Gucci fashion dynasty have described Ridley Scott's "House of Gucci" as inaccurate and insulting in a lengthy and scathing response to the film's release.

In a statement issued on Monday, the heirs of Aldo Gucci – who was chairman of the fashion house from 1953 to 1986 and is portrayed by Al Pacino in Scott's film — said they were "disconcerted" by the film's inaccuracies as well as the lack of consultation with the filmmakers.

"The production of the film did not bother to consult the heirs before describing Aldo Gucci – president of the company for 30 years – and the members of the Gucci family as thugs, ignorant and insensitive to the world around them," read the statement, first published by the Italian news agency ANSA.

The statement continued to state that the film is "extremely painful from a human point of view" and an "insult to the legacy on which the brand is built today."

The statement goes on to specifically criticize the portrayal of Patrizia Reggiani — an Italian socialite who was convicted for hiring a hitman to k*ll her ex-husband Maurizio Gucci and spent 18 years in prison. The family said Reggiani is "indulged" in the film as "a victim trying to survive in a male and male chauvinist corporate culture."

"This couldn't be further from the truth," the statement read. "Over the course of its 70-year history during which it was a family business, Gucci was an inclusive company."

The statement continued to say that this view had been reinforced by statements from cast members.

In a recent interview with British Vogue, Lady Gaga — who portrays Patrizia Reggiani in the film — said she did not wish to "glorify somebody that would commit murder" with her performance as Reggiani, but she instead wanted to "pay respect to women throughout history who became experts at survival."

"I hope that women will watch this and remind themselves to think twice about the fact that hurt people hurt people. And it's dangerous," she told the magazine. "What happens to somebody when they're pushed over the edge?"

The Gucci family statement concluded by hinting that they could explore legal action, saying that the heirs of the fashion dynasty "reserve the right to take action to protect the name, image, and dignity of themselves and their loved ones."

This isn't the first time that members of the Gucci family have criticized Scott's biopic. Earlier this year, Patrizia Gucci, the daughter of Aldo Gucci, accused Scott of "stealing the identity of a family to make a profit, to increase the income of the Hollywood system."

Ridley Scott has continually dismissed the criticism. Speaking to BBC Radio 4 earlier this year, he said: "I don't engage with that. You have to remember that one Gucci was murdered and another went to jail for tax evasion so you can't be talking to me about making a profit. As soon as you do that you become part of the public domain."
visit this link source
+4   

best
worst
27 comments

2 months ago '09        #2
Chalky  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 59725 59 K  Slaps total: 6584 6 K
fu*k n*gga should have did a House of M movie instead

Triple aunt andre don’t ask me how
+2   

2 months ago '20        #3
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26913 26 K  Slaps total: 7088 7 K
this movie any good?
+6   

2 months ago '13        #4
DiegoRivera  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 72847 72 K  Slaps total: 5575 5 K
Shoulda done House of South Pole
+13   

2 months ago '10        #5
Delbert Mengel 
Props total: 8875 8 K  Slaps total: 1360 1 K
 Chalky said
fu*k n*gga should have did a House of M movie instead

Triple aunt andre don’t ask me how
how
+7   

2 months ago '17        #6
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 108640 108 K  Slaps total: 6658 6 K
Should've done a House of Pain biopic

+4   

2 months ago '05        #7
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 18573 18 K  Slaps total: 6427 6 K
The Gucci Documentary>>>>>>

2 months ago '17        #8
Its 
Props total: 30702 30 K  Slaps total: 2386 2 K
fu*k those criminals
+2   

2 months ago '06        #9
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 31424 31 K  Slaps total: 8078 8 K
You have bi*ch a*s “super serious actor” Jared Leto playing a real person wearing a fu*king fat suit and talking like Super Mario, of course it’s insulting.
+20   

2 months ago '18        #10
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10290 10 K  Slaps total: 2142 2 K
Current gen males in the family have to have it good...man
+2   

2 months ago '07        #11
ptwist  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21973 21 K  Slaps total: 1800 1 K
Ridley with some ether like "you can't talk messing up your profit if your fcuked up family snitching pops to the IRS and getting another slumped over some jealous thot sh*t"
+4   

2 months ago '10        #12
SoFresh170 
Props total: 3686 3 K  Slaps total: 583 583
Should’ve done House Of Fubu
+20   

2 months ago '05        #13
nupe1911 
Props total: 4704 4 K  Slaps total: 792 792
I had a feeling this was coming. I wonder how accurate the movie is?

2 months ago '13        #14
DiegoRivera  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 72847 72 K  Slaps total: 5575 5 K
 Storchaveli said
You have bi*ch a*s “super serious actor” Jared Leto playing a real person wearing a fu*king fat suit and talking like Super Mario, of course it’s insulting.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #15
MaxG 
Props total: 2791 2 K  Slaps total: 397 397
Should have done house of Girbaud
+5   

2 months ago '18        #16
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 50534 50 K  Slaps total: 3964 3 K
Trailer looked good. Was gonna see this this wknd and saw eternals instead. I fu*ked up.

2 months ago '21        #17
FRAZZELDRIP 
Props total: 8147 8 K  Slaps total: 3449 3 K
 BrooklynDamien said
Trailer looked good. Was gonna see this this wknd and saw eternals instead. I fu*ked up.
fu*ked up is an understatement. I wouldn't waste my time watching either.

Can't believe people can't see through eternals it's just a sh*tty far left indoctrination disguised as a superhero movie. And paying to see that garbage makes the makers of the movie think that's a good idea and they should keep doing it.

2 months ago '05        #18
druggie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 6260 6 K  Slaps total: 814 814
 D1dnt read said
this movie any good?
it's fu*king terrible. gaga acting is terrible when compared to someone like Adam Driver. It's like he's the only person who considered the film to be serious everyone else was playing up the comedy aspect.

and this fu*king dude

I did it all. I was snorting lines of arrabbiata sauce by the middle of this movie, I had olive oil for blood. This was a deep dive I did. If you took a biopsy of my skin, it would come back as parmesan cheese! This is my love letter to Italy.
he was coked out playing the most cartoonish Italian he could imagine
+1   

2 months ago '21        #19
Crow42 
Props total: 2201 2 K  Slaps total: 836 836
House of Paco
+2   

2 months ago '11        #20
JGunnaWP 
Props total: 4189 4 K  Slaps total: 1222 1 K
Until Gucci mane is the head honcho I don’t wanna hear it

2 months ago '11        #21
DRAGONFLY JONES 
Props total: 9515 9 K  Slaps total: 439 439
and that bi*ch a*s n*gga trashed marvel just a week ago.when he .fu*ked up all hope i had for Prometheus...fkn f*g**t

Last edited by DRAGONFLY JONES; 11-30-2021 at 05:09 PM..

2 months ago '15        #22
johnphnx 
Props total: 5448 5 K  Slaps total: 714 714
 Crow42 said
House of Paco
Iykyk this is the funniest comment in the whole thread
+3   

2 months ago '16        #23
TrapInBriks11 
Props total: 2946 2 K  Slaps total: 259 259
 Storchaveli said

2 months ago '16        #24
TrapInBriks11 
Props total: 2946 2 K  Slaps total: 259 259
 Storchaveli said

2 months ago '17        #25
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 93951 93 K  Slaps total: 34795 34 K
fu*k Gucci (the designer brand only)

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+97online now  17
Article inside From now on here when people respond with “Buy The Dip”…
113 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+45online now  9
[Workout] I Can't Believe How Strong She Is...
83 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+54online now  8
Dude was minding his own business working out with his girl and then this happ..
220 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  4
UFC 270: Ngannou vs. Gane Official Discussion Thread
978 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy