FIRE movement: Why I Quit My Job and Retired at 39 | A Visual Poem

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

2 months ago '15        #1
3062 page views
62 comments

BrotherMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 29592 29 K  Slaps total: 2992 2 K
FIRE movement: Why I Quit My Job and Retired at 39 | A Visual Poem

Beautiful image image image
+29   

best
worst
62 comments

2 months ago '21        #2
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14499 14 K  Slaps total: 2309 2 K
that sh*t is good for about the first month after that you gon get bored as sh*t and miss work

2 months ago '04        #3
killadre  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 51584 51 K  Slaps total: 3646 3 K
 nocomment said
that sh*t is good for about the first month after that you gon get bored as sh*t and miss work
Been following them for like 2 years. Theyíve put me on hella game. The concept of FIRE isnít for everyone.
+13   

2 months ago '08        #4
YoungRay20  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 19178 19 K  Slaps total: 2980 2 K
 nocomment said
I know Would

If I FIRE, i would go to work full time in a metaverse hustling.
+12   

2 months ago '04        #5
 BrotherMan said

Beautiful
I sent that to a couple of my homie who on this same wave with me a few months back when it dropped.
+3   

2 months ago '21        #6
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14499 14 K  Slaps total: 2309 2 K
 killadre said
Been following them for like 2 years. They’ve put me on hella game. The concept of FIRE isn’t for everyone.

to each his own
+10   

2 months ago '04        #7
 nocomment said

to each his own
To me the investing in stocks, crypto, startups, the buying properties renting them out flipping them is the hustle and game for me. I love that ish and gives me a rush. My ď9 to 5Ē is what fuels it while providing my family great health care for the low low.

Dude and his wife do all that full time.
+27   

2 months ago '04        #8
Fresh Beats 
Props total: 34651 34 K  Slaps total: 1147 1 K
My girl put me on them a few years ago. She wants to move to Portugal and all that now too.

Definitely feeling the FIRE wave. I took a week off between jobs and that retired life isn’t for me just yet.
+8   

2 months ago '15        #9
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 30696 30 K  Slaps total: 8969 8 K
As long as I can work remotely, I'ma stick around and get this scrilla mane
+19   

2 months ago '15        #10
Hellmatic 
Props total: 48095 48 K  Slaps total: 4646 4 K
 nocomment said
If its about occupying time and finding enjoyment theres always something else to do besides work. unless the work is so fun that its hard to replace which is rarely the case
+16   

2 months ago '06        #11
Kundalini  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9252 9 K  Slaps total: 1260 1 K
I posted their channel a while ago on here. Been following them for years now.

I've been on the Lean F.I.R.E mission for 3 years now, and can't wait to have my first Million.

Last edited by Kundalini; 11-29-2021 at 10:59 PM..
+9   

2 months ago '06        #12
Kundalini  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9252 9 K  Slaps total: 1260 1 K
 killadre said
To me the investing in stocks, crypto, startups, the buying properties renting them out flipping them is the hustle and game for me. I love that ish and gives me a rush. My ď9 to 5Ē is what fuels it while providing my family great health care for the low low.

Dude and his wife do all that full time.
What you're doing now could be considered working towards F.I.R.E.
+6   

2 months ago '04        #13
 Kundalini said
What you're doing now could be considered working towards F.I.R.E.
I know. Iím literally just following their footsteps. For me it will take longer because Iím not leaving America. Nor will I be leaving Illinois until after both my boys graduate college. My youngest is only in 4th grade. The goal is to walk away from my job when I meet the required work years. By then my investments will replace my income and wifeís income, and Iíll be able to not worry about the 10 years that itíll be until Iím able to collect my pension or 9.5 until I can withdraw from the 401k.
+10   

2 months ago '15        #14
Villain 
Props total: 26111 26 K  Slaps total: 3381 3 K
Read about this back in 2019. Good sh*t all around but it ain't for everybody.

Most people are too into consumerism and shiny object syndrome.
+2   

2 months ago '20        #15
Born Bad 
Props total: 22734 22 K  Slaps total: 2683 2 K
I have plenty of things to do than give my life to a job.....to each his own

+16   

2 months ago '15        #16
Thatdude28 
Props total: 5101 5 K  Slaps total: 665 665
This is dope. We need more of this round here and less bullsh*t.
+9   

2 months ago '20        #17
blackpillblack 
Props total: 17421 17 K  Slaps total: 8495 8 K
This dude raising his daughters to be prostitutes.

This was the most retarded babble i done heard all month, and I heard a lot.. Anyone taking this serious is a stupid fu*k; including those idiots above me.

2 months ago '17        #18
sweetermanz 
Props total: 1598 1 K  Slaps total: 309 309
 Born Bad said
I have plenty of things to do than give my life to a job.....to each his own

Thereís too many ways to get it out here. FIRE is usually for people who donít know exactly what they want out of life so itís default.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #19
AlmightySae 
Props total: 6077 6 K  Slaps total: 1118 1 K
Lmao okay we get it u took forty hours back. U can put banana and granola into your yogurt. But can you explain what u did to get there?!?!
+15   

2 months ago '19        #20
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52856 52 K  Slaps total: 8774 8 K
I followed them for years since they use to spam their videos on Reddit, While i admire what they've achieved; Lets not pretend like they weren't already well off to begin with.

They're both former FBI agents, I think its dope they were able to stick to the plan and it would be my dream to find a partner like this but there story doesn't resonate with me, Just another upper middle-class family who cut costs and invested a good portion of the income.

Incase i get mfs claiming i'm "hating", I'm not i just hate Youtubers who make sh*t seem as if they went from cleaning toilets and eating ramen to making millions.

Base salary of a FBI agent 66k, Even in CA that's 120k/yr for both of them; They already have a head start.

Last edited by GetYaCoinsKing; 11-30-2021 at 12:20 AM..
+6   

2 months ago '15        #21
AlmightySae 
Props total: 6077 6 K  Slaps total: 1118 1 K
 GetYaCoinsKing said
I followed them for years since they use to spam their videos on Reddit, While i admire what they've achieved; Lets not pretend like they weren't already well off to begin with.

They're both former FBI agents, I think its dope they were able to stick to the plan and it would be my dream to find a partner like this but there story doesn't resonate with me, Just another upper middle-class family who cut costs and invested a good portion of the income.

Incase i get mfs claiming i'm "hating", I'm not i just hate Youtubers who make sh*t seem as if they went from cleaning toilets and eating ramen to making millions.

Base salary of a FBI agent 66k, Even in CA that's 120k/yr for both of them; They already have a head start.

Ehhh I donít know how much they made as FBI agents but definitely itís always about how much you save not how much you make.
+6   

2 months ago '19        #22
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52856 52 K  Slaps total: 8774 8 K
 AlmightySae said
Ehhh I donít know how much they made as FBI agents but definitely itís always about how much you save not how much you make.
That's what i'm saying, Someone with their personalities/knowledge that doesn't just happen overnight which means they either always been frugal or adapted to the lifestyle; Either way it was enough for them to save enough of their income to see a substantial return.

Its kinda like when mfs say "JuSt InVeSt In DivIdEnd StoNks" like yeah we get it but for you to see an return of $500/mo at minimum off your investment you'll need to have over 240k+ invested, Yet the avg person has only 129k in their IRA so...
+9   

2 months ago '18        #23
Orndorf2 
Props total: 4531 4 K  Slaps total: 508 508
Coming soon….the sequel….”Why I went back to work at 54.”

+8   

2 months ago '04        #24
Fresh Beats 
Props total: 34651 34 K  Slaps total: 1147 1 K
Hereís an overview of how they did it. Most Americans arenít built like this lol. Finding a partner who buys in is also important.

+4   

2 months ago '04        #25
 GetYaCoinsKing said

Since you been following them for years than you know they go in full detail on how they achieved fire. You should already know they aren’t “ Youtubers who make sh*t seem as if they went from cleaning toilets and eating ramen to making millions”.

Even going by the the 240k a year thing you googled you can’t achieve fire in San Francisco on that alone. Income taxes, property taxes, alone are $60,000 and that’s being very generous. A generous mortgage estimate of 24k a year puts us over 80k total gone without blinking. You gotta have some side hustles, which is something they preach often on how they achieved fire. Let’s not forget they live in Portugal now. Not like they “retired” in San Francisco. That would be more impressive .
+9   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+214online now  29
Image(s) inside Damn yo... Seems like this is becoming a common thing. Sad.
234 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  27
Video inside Have you PROFITED more than $5,000 in Crypto?
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-72online now  24
The queen needs a fine a*s Latin lover
360 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  16
Video inside So this is the type is sh-t they're doing in church now