George R.R. Martin Was Worried About Where ‘GoT’ Was Headed As Early As Season 6

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '06        #1
2985 page views
73 comments

droid3000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x47
Props total: 85548 85 K  Slaps total: 10690 10 K
George R.R. Martin Was Worried About Where ‘GoT’ Was Headed As Early As Season 6

The most recent book in George R.R. Martin‘s A Song of Ice and Fire series, A Dance with Dragons, ends with Jon Snow being stabbed (“for the Watch”), Daenerys encountering a Dothraki horde, and Cersei walking through King’s Landing nekkid in an attempt to “shame” her. All of those events also happen in season five of Game of Thrones — afterwards, showrunners David Benioff and D. B. Weiss were on their own. We all know what happened next, so it’s wonder Martin had some concerns.

In his new book Tinderbox: HBO’s Ruthless Pursuit of New Frontiers, author James Andrew Miller spoke to Martin’s representative Paul Haas, who said, “George loves Dan and Dave, but after season five, he did start to worry about the path they were [going down] because George knows where the story goes. He started saying, ‘You’re not following my template.’ The first five seasons stuck to George’s roadmap. Then they went off George’s roadmap.” They went off the map, and set it on fire.

Martin (who reportedly begged for 10 seasons of Thrones) has said that “my ending” to the books will be different than the show’s ending. “My biggest issue was when they began that series, I had four books already in print, and the fifth one came out just as the series was starting in 2011,” he told WTTW Chicago. “I had a five-book head start, and these are gigantic books, as you know. I never thought they would catch up with me, but they did. They caught up with me and passed me.”

Martin is hard at work on The Winds of Winter, which is due out… eventually.

visit this link https://uproxx.com/tv/gam .. rtin-season-5/

makes senseimage

Last edited by droid3000; 11-29-2021 at 12:30 PM..
+10   

best
worst
73 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
NYGiantsHUSTLER 
Props total: 1260 1 K  Slaps total: 137 137
fu*k him and his opinion. He has no place to talk, he could have finished the books. Its been 10 fu*king years.
+60   

2 months ago '06        #3
droid3000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x47 OP
Props total: 85548 85 K  Slaps total: 10690 10 K
 NYGiantsHUSTLER said
fu*k him and his opinion. He has no place to talk, he could have finished the books. Its been 10 fu*king years.

+32   

2 months ago '17        #4
92baby 
Props total: 92907 92 K  Slaps total: 12096 12 K
 NYGiantsHUSTLER said
Right if that fat bi*ch had a worry about it he would’ve been in the lab writing

2 months ago '05        #5
P DRILLA 
Props total: 25501 25 K  Slaps total: 744 744
Book or stfu
+16   

2 months ago '05        #6
Sub Crazy 
Props total: 11544 11 K  Slaps total: 1239 1 K
It ended the way it did because this fat lazy fu*k stopped writing.

They didn’t have any more material to work with. n*ggas had to wing it in the studio, fulfill contractual obligations and get paid so they could eat. This sh*t ain’t nobody fault but George RR Martin’s. All he had to do was finish the winds of winter and he would have had the best book turned TV show of all time.

Dude got too comfortable and now he wanna have hella regrets. fu*k outta here. Shoulda finished that epic sh*t you started n*gga. A song of ice and fire is basically Hunter x Hunter of the west

Last edited by Sub Crazy; 11-29-2021 at 08:04 PM..
+24   

2 months ago '21        #7
blackreign 
Props total: 929 929  Slaps total: 134 134
If he would have wrote the actual books instead of all those branch off bullsh*ts and other pieces we wouldn't have this problem. Also not for nothing but I didn't exactly hate the last season it was just far worse quality compared to the other seasons and they did a terrible job at shoe horning in Bron on the throne and having Danny do the super quick heel turn that sh*t made no sense. Everything else in the finale more or less tracked.
+6   

2 months ago '15        #8
PolygonMafia 
Props total: 16800 16 K  Slaps total: 1350 1 K
Mans should just shut the fu*k up and enjoy the rest of his fat trollish existence being filthy rich. Your name is on the bi*ch and you coulda done more by directing them or... ya know... fu*kin finishing your story.

The end of the show was garbage tho lol that is for sure

2 months ago '19        #9
blackadamwarloc  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 26538 26 K  Slaps total: 5036 5 K
Crazy how much vitriol folks have for the actual creator of the content….

I wouldn’t write sh*t for y’all n*ggas either

+35   

2 months ago '04        #10
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 25096 25 K  Slaps total: 2840 2 K
Who cares HBO and Martin made a mistake. Not watching any spin offs or prequel don't care
+4   

2 months ago '21        #11
nodayzoffatl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 29954 29 K  Slaps total: 3801 3 K
too bad he didnt get off his fat a*s and do anything
+2   

2 months ago '06        #12
aussie08 
Props total: 8733 8 K  Slaps total: 636 636
People getting mad at him, lol
+3   

2 months ago '06        #13
dagreat1_87 
Props total: 20669 20 K  Slaps total: 1045 1 K
Yea I guarantee this dude didn't like how people reacted to the ending and is probably changing the story all over again.

Keep in mind, he pretty much told D&D how it ends, so he can only say so much about his disappointment on it. I'd a*sume the problem is that they rushed some of the developments. Dany's evil turn should've been a season long thing, not a couple of episoddes
+13   

2 months ago '15        #14
40 acres 
Props total: 17618 17 K  Slaps total: 2519 2 K
What he said is the reason I never watched the show. Any show or movie based off books do what they want. I couldn’t get into the show because I was a book reader first. That being said I wish I wasn’t because n*gga taking a lifetime to write two books
+3   

2 months ago '12        #15
The2ndHorseman 
Props total: 26385 26 K  Slaps total: 1964 1 K
the books are so amazing that I can never disrespect him
+5   

2 months ago '16        #16
GLOIN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x62
Props total: 81970 81 K  Slaps total: 11533 11 K
This dude was too busy going to conventions when he could have finished the books

2 months ago '16        #17
GLOIN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x62
Props total: 81970 81 K  Slaps total: 11533 11 K
 dagreat1_87 said
Yea I guarantee this dude didn't like how people reacted to the ending and is probably changing the story all over again.

Keep in mind, he pretty much told D&D how it ends, so he can only say so much about his disappointment on it. I'd a*sume the problem is that they rushed some of the developments. Dany's evil turn should've been a season long thing, not a couple of episoddes
D&D were fu*king clueless after they ran out of source material
+7   

2 months ago '16        #18
Stables08 
Props total: 20557 20 K  Slaps total: 4587 4 K
Remember bingeing season one right after it first aired then the next month and a half bingeing all the books only to find out them sh*ts wasn't finished and no release date. Can only imagine how them n*ggas who pick the book up in the 90s be feeling smh
+4   

2 months ago '15        #19
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 81750 81 K  Slaps total: 7530 7 K
 NYGiantsHUSTLER said
Some of these authors think they're baby Tolkiens or something.

Was reading this Kingkiller series, started the first 2 in 2011. . .

Still waiting on the 3rd.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #20
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 101503 101 K  Slaps total: 10340 10 K
 blackadamwarloc said
Crazy how much vitriol folks have for the actual creator of the content….

I wouldn’t write sh*t for y’all n*ggas either

Lol this , these n*ggas sound crazy

Imagine how much it takes to create such an intricate world like Game Of Thrones’. History , geography, families etc . I ain’t mad at him at all . He finishes it when he finishes it and if he doesn’t then fu*k it , I love what he created . I want him to take as much time as he needs to create something he feels confident in instead of rushing out some bullsh*t to please some ungrateful people who don’t even respect the process and would bi*ch about it being “rushed” anyway

Last edited by S-Class; 11-29-2021 at 04:51 PM..
+12   

2 months ago '15        #21
Djkataz 
Props total: 893 893  Slaps total: 188 188
Even though it's been some time since it ended it still hurts to think of the garbage it became.

+9   

2 months ago '19        #22
Slatt slatt 
Props total: 35 35  Slaps total: 4 4
Clowns in here making it sound like it's easy writing books. I wouldn't know. GOT would've been better off taking a hiatus until the books were finished. Waiting years would've surely been better than that terrible ending
+10   

2 months ago '16        #23
GoCop 
Props total: 2922 2 K  Slaps total: 332 332
 MacJokerJones said
GoT had a chance to be the biggest tv series ever that could never be surpassed and now it’s a written off has been that nobody remembers and nobody wants anything to do with anything branching off. Crazy cause if you told me that 2018 or before I’d slap you silly.
Facts and then the annoying sh*t is HBO rushing to finish the series... But for what?? They had the biggest show in history at that time and I even forgot what show came after GOT when it finished...

Like that sh*t is backwards to me, if I run HBO and the greatest show in history is asking for 10 seasons then why the fu*k not... That show was supposed to go down as the GOAT and they totally fu*ked up
+6   

2 months ago '08        #24
MrFourteen5 
Props total: 23579 23 K  Slaps total: 1115 1 K
 GoCop said
Facts and then the annoying sh*t is HBO rushing to finish the series... But for what?? They had the biggest show in history at that time and I even forgot what show came after GOT when it finished...

Like that sh*t is backwards to me, if I run HBO and the greatest show in history is asking for 10 seasons then why the fu*k not... That show was supposed to go down as the GOAT and they totally fu*ked up

Nah man. It wasn't HBO that was rushing. It was the showrunners. Hbo wanted 10 seasons
+16   

2 months ago '16        #25
GoCop 
Props total: 2922 2 K  Slaps total: 332 332
 MrFourteen5 said
Nah man. It wasn't HBO that was rushing. It was the showrunners. Hbo wanted 10 seasons
Wow that's even worst!!! Smfh
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-70online now  26
The queen needs a fine a*s Latin lover
356 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  19
Video inside Have you PROFITED more than $5,000 in Crypto?
87 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+20online now  16
Video inside So this is the type is sh-t they're doing in church now
123 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+214online now  11
Image(s) inside Damn yo... Seems like this is becoming a common thing. Sad.
228 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy