Y’all remember when Young Thug was tryna get Birdman to buy out his contract

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '21        #1
2678 page views
68 comments

MentalRealness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14867 14 K  Slaps total: 8601 8 K
Y’all remember when Young Thug was tryna get Birdman to buy out his contract

That whole rich gang shii was funny as hell in retrospect.

Young thug dissing Wayne and acting gay for clout since he ain’t have a promo budget since he signed for 15k

Universal holding up the Carter V and blaming Birdman after Wayne flopped numerous times and the label wasn’t bout to spend no more bread since Drake was the Big Dog

Meanwhile Birdman was looking for his next star and thought that thug might of been it.

Crazy how Lyor just let Birdman do all the legwork developing him and let thug think that he was gonna get outta that contract he signed
+13   

best
worst
68 comments

2 months ago '14        #2
Ebokahs 
Props total: 644 644  Slaps total: 318 318
There was never paperwork Gucci sold his contract to Atlantic
+9   

2 months ago '21        #3
MentalRealness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
 Ebokahs said
There was never paperwork Gucci sold his contract to Atlantic
He was trying his hardest to get Birdman to buy him out though as a solo artist.

They circumvented the Atlantic situation cause Rich Gang was a group.

Rich Gang and Young Thug two different entities

He signed Rich Gang (rich homie and young thug) to a management deal though.

2 months ago '17        #4
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 55264 55 K  Slaps total: 11921 11 K
Rich Gang: The Tour is one of the greatest mixtapes of all time.
+53   

2 months ago '07        #5
strongthetruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 37783 37 K  Slaps total: 8811 8 K
Whatever he did obviously worked.

+11   

2 months ago '21        #6
 strongthetruth said
Whatever he did obviously worked.

Almost 10 years in the game and only two official albums

That boy NEVER getting outta that contract

But knowing him he prolly just takes his advance and show money to the block

Last edited by MentalRealness; 11-29-2021 at 11:38 AM..

2 months ago '07        #7
strongthetruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 37783 37 K  Slaps total: 8811 8 K
 Paid Shill said

I’m sure the plan was to get rich and take care of his family. Not set the record for most albums. He’s set for life.
+27   

2 months ago '16        #8
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 107434 107 K  Slaps total: 14427 14 K
 Paid Shill said

But knowing him he prolly just takes his advance and show money to the block
We in a new age, it’s not albums but “projects” are what these guys dropping.

I’m beyond done trying to figure out whether I should give the benefit of the doubt for a weak project as it being a “mixtape” or an official album.
+10   

2 months ago '21        #9
 MHP Trotty said
We in a new age, it’s not albums but “projects” are what these guys dropping.

I’m beyond done trying to figure out whether I should give the benefit of the doubt for a weak project as it being a “mixtape” or an official album.
Tell that to the old dudes at the label. Music deal structures ain’t changed since the 1950s

2 months ago '17        #10
Speedy ClapSon 
Props total: 36878 36 K  Slaps total: 11263 11 K
Birdman been getting his named dragged for years when slim is the one really calling the shots

The benefits of being lowkey

+20   

2 months ago '21        #11
 strongthetruth said
I’m sure the plan was to get rich and take care of his family. Not set the record for most albums. He’s set for life.
How you know?

Rap game is smoke and mirrors

Micheal Jackson was 100 million dollars in debt and you think young thug is set for life

Dude prolly just started paying off the interest on his loan.

2 months ago '21        #12
 Speedy ClapSon said
Birdman been getting his named dragged for years when slim is the one really calling the shots

The benefits of being lowkey

Universal calling the shots pleighboy they control the budget.

Universal fronts Cash Money money as an advance; to be used for recording, marketing, paying the arists, etc.

Cash money makes the music and Universal collects the first 100 million in revenue that the music generates to cover the advance.

The problem with bird is that he was skimming off the budget and telling n*ggas they had less money to play with than they did.

Slim don’t have nothing to do with the music part he just fronts the cash.

2 months ago '16        #13
fam 
Props total: 5989 5 K  Slaps total: 2445 2 K
why make a thread about something you clearly have no idea about?
+18   

2 months ago '17        #14
Speedy ClapSon 
 Paid Shill said

Universal fronts Cash Money money as an advance; to be used for recording, marketing, paying the arists, etc.

Cash money makes the music and Universal collects the first 100 million in revenue that the music generates to cover the advance.

The problem with bird is that he was skimming off the budget and telling n*ggas they had less money to play with than they did.

Universal is distribution they don't call no shots

2 months ago '21        #15
 Speedy ClapSon said
Universal is distribution they don't call no shots
They control the budget so they do call the shots. This whole game about money right? The whole cash money deal was exposed in the lil Wayne lawsuit. Universal deals with the overhead expenses cash money deals with the day to day.

2 months ago '21        #16
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 17966 17 K  Slaps total: 4394 4 K
Everyone forgets that Wayne’s singles kept flopping and birdman didn’t wanna release C5 Cuz of that sh*t
+11   

2 months ago '17        #17
Speedy ClapSon 
 Paid Shill said
They control the budget so they do call the shots. This whole game about money right? The whole cash money deal was exposed in the lil Wayne lawsuit. Universal deals with the overhead expenses cash money deals with the day to day.

If Wayne sued cash money how is universal calling the shots?

2 months ago '21        #18
 Speedy ClapSon said
If Wayne sued cash money how is universal calling the shots?
He sued UMG and Cash Money

+2   

2 months ago '17        #19
BuckSon 
Props total: 1728 1 K  Slaps total: 206 206
[QUOTE=MHP Trotty;58565952]We in a new age, it’s not albums but “projects” are what these guys dropping.

I’m beyond done trying to figure out whether I should give the benefit of the doubt for a weak project as it being a “mixtape” or an official album.[/QUOT]

Agreeing with all of the above...

A mixtape is like an expression of new styles beats and flows a warmup for the streets. An album is like the Art it can not be erased from judgement it will count in how the artist is perceived by hearers and critics your and progress as an artist will be measured by the quality of the albums dropped.....
+3   

2 months ago '15        #20
Shifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18896 18 K  Slaps total: 3698 3 K
 Paid Shill said
That whole rich gang shii was funny as hell in retrospect.

Young thug dissing Wayne and acting gay for clout since he ain’t have a promo budget since he signed for 15k

Universal holding up the Carter V and blaming Birdman after Wayne flopped numerous times and the label wasn’t bout to spend no more bread since Drake was the Big Dog

Meanwhile Birdman was looking for his next star and thought that thug might of been it.

Crazy how Lyor just let Birdman do all the legwork developing him and let thug think that he was gonna get outta that contract he signed
Wayne never flopped tho, the only reason the album got held up was because Birdman never sent the money he was owed for Tha Carter V. If you ever listened to Cortez' interview he spoke on how Google (I think) was trying to pay them a million dollars to release it through them, but the label stopped it from happening.

Believe Me featuring Drake was supposed to be the first single, and that song was successful....I remember what happened.

Young Thug was going to sign to Birdman as well, but I think it was RHQ who didn't want to do it. He could've signed if he wanted to, he would've just had to split the money with Birdman too.

Jonny2soxs said
Everyone forgets that Wayne’s singles kept flopping and birdman didn’t wanna release C5 Cuz of that sh*t
The only single that flopped from Wayne was that "I'm a Man" song, but that wasn't even a real single....n*gga tossed that sh*t out there and left it die out. Yall gonna have to post these singles, because Believe Me & Grindin did not flop. If you remember the original track list for CV then you would see that Grindin was on there and YT was supposed to be featured on the remix.

Post these singles that allegedly flopped

Here's that Cortez interview,

Look at 2:15. He says it clearly that Believe me was the single, and that Birdman didn't cut the check when the album was to come out. Look at 5:40 when he said that they had a deal with Google to release C5 for free.

I kept up with this, idk about yall

Last edited by Shifty; 11-29-2021 at 12:31 PM..
+2   

2 months ago '15        #21
Shifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18896 18 K  Slaps total: 3698 3 K
 Paid Shill said

This is true, butbyou gotta remember that Birdman was going to let Wayne release the album. It was Wayne who decided against releasing it because he didn't get paid for C5. Birdman has already said that he never stopped Wayne from releasing anything...he wouldn't have been able to do features, or anything.

2 months ago '16        #22
EastBay Mufasa 
Props total: 18754 18 K  Slaps total: 5874 5 K
Quan was the most talented

2 months ago '21        #23
 Shifty said
This is true, butbyou gotta remember that Birdman was going to let Wayne release the album. It was Wayne who decided against releasing it because he didn't get paid for C5. Birdman has already said that he never stopped Wayne from releasing anything...he wouldn't have been able to do features, or anything.
Birdman was capping that’s why they sent cease and desist shii to Tidal for FWA.

Believe a guy who doesn’t pay his employees.

Wayne was flopping like crazy and they held up his release and didn’t pay him the other half of his advance when he turned in the album so he sued.

Universal was so desperate that they released two drake songs in a row to try to build hype and both flopped so they put him on the shelf. And a diva like lil wayne wasn’t going for that shii

2 months ago '04        #24
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 27385 27 K  Slaps total: 4091 4 K
We get it you hate Yung thug
+3   

2 months ago '21        #25
 Shifty said
Wayne never flopped tho, the only reason the album got held up was because Birdman never sent the money he was owed for Tha Carter V. If you ever listened to Cortez' interview he spoke on how Google (I think) was trying to pay them a million dollars to release it through them, but the label stopped it from happening.

Believe Me featuring Drake was supposed to be the first single, and that song was successful....I remember what happened.

Young Thug was going to sign to Birdman as well, but I think it was RHQ who didn't want to do it. He could've signed if he wanted to, he would've just had to split the money with Birdman too.

The only single that flopped from Wayne was that "I'm a Man" song, but that wasn't even a real single....n*gga tossed that sh*t out there and left it die out. Yall gonna have to post these singles, because Believe Me & Grindin did not flop. If you remember the original track list for CV then you would see that Grindin was on there and YT was supposed to be featured on the remix.

Post these singles that allegedly flopped

Here's that Cortez interview,

Look at 2:15. He says it clearly that Believe me was the single, and that Birdman didn't cut the check when the album was to come out. Look at 5:40 when he said that they had a deal with Google to release C5 for free.

I kept up with this, idk about yall
Wayne Stan’s are the worst and delusional

Gridin Flopped

Krazy Flopped

Believe Me Flopped

Keep in mind this is when the Drake stimulus package was at its peak.

They threw Weezy in the bushes and said let’s focus our energy on Drake.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+27online now  26
[Workout] I Can't Believe How Strong She Is...
57 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Boxden Member Fed Up With Microsoft Buying Studios
87 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+72online now  12
Jan 22 - Regina King’s son commits suicide