Nov 29 - Amazon to pass UPS and FedEx to become largest US delivery service by early 2022

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
47 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '11        #1
1189 page views
40 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 173741 173 K  Slaps total: 23728 23 K
Nov 29 - Amazon to pass UPS and FedEx to become largest US delivery service by early 2022

KEY POINTS
-Dave Clark, Amazon’s CEO of worldwide consumer, told CNBC on Monday that the company is on track to become the nation’s largest delivery service by the end of 2021 or early 2022.
-Analysts have long predicted Amazon would overtake carriers like UPS, FedEx and the U.S. Postal Service, thanks to its increasingly in-house network of planes, trucks, vans and ships.

Dave Clark, CEO of Amazon’s worldwide consumer business, said Monday that the company is poised to become the largest U.S. package delivery service by early 2022, overtaking longstanding shipping rivals UPS and FedEx.

“We expect we will be one of the largest carriers in the world by the end of this year,” Clark told CNBC’s Becky Quick in an interview on “Squawk Box.” “I think we’ll probably be the largest package delivery carrier in the U.S. by the time we get to the end of the year, if not in early ’22.”

Amazon has been steadily building up vast logistics and fulfillment operations since a 2013 holiday fiasco left its packages stranded in the hands of outside carriers.

Its goal has been to have greater control over how shoppers’ packages get to their doorsteps. The retail giant now oversees thousands of last-mile delivery companies that deliver packages exclusively for Amazon, as well as a budding in-house network of planes, trucks and ships. It has also dotted the country with warehouses and air hubs that can speed along packages.

Analysts and investors have long predicted that those tools would enable Amazon to one day rival major carriers like UPS, FedEx and the U.S. Postal Service.

Its shipping operations are growing fast. Bank of America analysts predicted Amazon delivered 58% of its own packages in 2019, making it the fourth-largest delivery service nationwide, according to Digital Commerce 360. By last August, Amazon was estimated to be delivering 66% of its own packages.

Amazon’s in-house delivery operations have become a major advantage during this year’s holiday shopping season, which has been particularly challenging due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, a global supply chain crunch and labor shortages.

Beyond leveraging its own trucks and planes, Clark said Amazon has been shipping goods to new ports to avoid blockages.

“These things don’t happen overnight,” Clark said. “We’ve been building the logistics infrastructure, the technology platform that drives it, for two decades now, so we walked into the pandemic in a really good place.”

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2021 .. exec-says.html
+5   

best
worst
40 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 45379 45 K  Slaps total: 3435 3 K
Wow
+3   

2 months ago '17        #3
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 94444 94 K  Slaps total: 34991 34 K
Time for me to start a new conspiracy theory.

Jeff Bezos released COVID into the wild to take out USPS, UPS and FedEx and be the only delivery service in the nation.

DHL better start counting their days

2 months ago '11        #4
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46 OP
 SPdaGOAT said
Time for me to start a new conspiracy theory.

Jeff Bezos released COVID into the wild to take out USPS, UPS and FedEx and be the only delivery service in the nation.

DHL better start counting their days
Nah the world governments created covid to hide the disappearance and material shortages while they use them to f*ght a war in outer space vs the aliens throwing asteroids

Stay woke

+8   

2 months ago '10        #5
RedLight 
Props total: 8219 8 K  Slaps total: 585 585
Not surprising, 2 day prime shipping, hell at times even same day of 1 day...amazon spoiled us... delivery is onpoint, always been - atleast to me. 100 times better than usps, fedex and ups lazy a*ses.

You add a delivery message to call you if the door is closed and EVERY SINGLE TIME they actually call you to deliver your sh*t.
+22   

2 months ago '08        #6
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 13397 13 K  Slaps total: 1824 1 K
Whoever started their delivery van business with Amazon a few years back is probably eating good right now.
+13   

2 months ago '07        #7
iswerve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20848 20 K  Slaps total: 2801 2 K
2 day shipping is clutch
they take a picture of the delivery, if it aint there, they replace it with the quickness
if you arent at home, can ship to a locker
i mean what more do you want?
+9   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '12        #8
daman729 
Props total: 84203 84 K  Slaps total: 3553 3 K
Bruh who would have thought Amazon would be where it is today lol? I definitely didn't. I'm all for capitalism real talk. I really am. But at the same time, there' still a code of ethics and humanity that should be followed. Let other companies breath and profit. You'll still eat good. The domiance Amazon has right now is crazy!!!

2 months ago '13        #9
Commission 
Props total: 104921 104 K  Slaps total: 17581 17 K
Amazon has their drivers driving the Benz truck

FedEx and USPS don’t care
+5   

2 months ago '04        #10
Randeezle 
Props total: 6008 6 K  Slaps total: 380 380
Former UPS driver. During our morning PCM we would talk about this all the time. Amazon was coming for the #1 spot and was likely going to get it.

S/O to them, been a prime customer for 10yrs and love it.
+8   

2 months ago '17        #11
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 25907 25 K  Slaps total: 14019 14 K
Its hard to take over the matket from uos and fedex

That said i welcome amazon, more competitors in yhe market the better.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #12
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 46989 46 K  Slaps total: 4836 4 K
​​Same day delivery changed the game.

It was only a matter of time.
+8   

2 months ago '17        #13
92baby 
Props total: 94166 94 K  Slaps total: 12274 12 K
 Sin said
Nah the world governments created covid to hide the disappearance and material shortages while they use them to f*ght a war in outer space vs the aliens throwing asteroids

Stay woke

Plausible
+4   

2 months ago '13        #14
Colvinman 
Props total: 3810 3 K  Slaps total: 175 175
I knew it was coming

2 months ago '17        #15
92baby 
 daman729 said
Bruh who would have thought Amazon would be where it is today lol? I definitely didn't. I'm all for capitalism real talk. I really am. But at the same time, there' still a code of ethics and humanity that should be followed. Let other companies breath and profit. You'll still eat good. The domiance Amazon has right now is crazy!!!
Don’t be surprised if a lot of old companies start to get pushed out

And don’t let crypto actually come into play

And companies won’t Accept crypto as currency

Old ways of thinking will fu*k most of these companies

Most of the founders will be dead or on their way anyway

Plus they’ve made their money so most won’t care
+6   

2 months ago '06        #16
Sammyboi22 
Props total: 8645 8 K  Slaps total: 928 928
 daman729 said
Amazon makes most of its money on data hosting. I’d bet 80% of the streaming services that are in place today use AWS.
+5   

2 months ago '13        #17
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 19535 19 K  Slaps total: 6333 6 K
Ups and fedex lol
+4   

2 months ago '05        #18
pippen33 
Props total: 27986 27 K  Slaps total: 2172 2 K
 daman729 said
Nah fu*k that. Let UPS and FedEx compete, they are both multibillion dollar companies. We aint talking about mom and pop operations. Why is it Amazon responsibility to allow them to eat?

Either keep up or get dominated.

And its crazy that the delivery service isn't even Amazon primary business and they are still dominating.
+10   

2 months ago '11        #19
 92baby said
Plausible

+2   

2 months ago '11        #20
whouthinkitis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9315 9 K  Slaps total: 707 707
Amazon gone end up taking over the world in some fashion. They got their hands in damn near everything.

2 months ago '17        #21
92baby 
 Sin said

How much of our tax dollars did this space craft pay for

I need to know
+1   

2 months ago '11        #22
 92baby said
How much of our tax dollars did this space craft pay for

I need to know
they buried the cost in the covid recovery...

Just kidding I have no fu*king clue
+1   

2 months ago '17        #23
92baby 
 Sin said
they buried the cost in the covid recovery...

Just kidding I have no fu*king clue
You may not be to far off

If we had a list of the sh*t we paid for we might all storm government buildings
+1   

2 months ago '17        #24
92baby 
 pippen33 said
Nah fu*k that. Let UPS and FedEx compete, they are both multibillion dollar companies. We aint talking about mom and pop operations. Why is it Amazon responsibility to allow them to eat?

Either keep up or get dominated.

And its crazy that the delivery service isn't even Amazon primary business and they are still dominating.
Right let them bi*ch a*s n*ggas try harder

2 months ago '16        #25
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 46989 46 K  Slaps total: 4836 4 K
Also, Fedex can eat a d*ck.

They stay fu*king up my deliveries.
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+70online now  17
Video inside Wait WTF... Did Anyone Know About This Secret In Super Mario Brothers?&..
76 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+20online now  15
[Health] Green Juicing…Why you need it.
34 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  8
The Flash actor Looney Leftist Ezra Miller threatens to shoot & k*ll Ku Klux K..
130 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-28online now  7
Image(s) inside Damn... Gamepass Caught Another Body👀
71 comments
2 days ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy