The Truth About Gran Turismo

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '17        #1
1178 page views
18 comments

Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 200281 200 K  Slaps total: 15228 15 K
The Truth About Gran Turismo

+8   

best
worst
18 comments

2 months ago '16        #2
Quinn 
Props total: 11068 11 K  Slaps total: 2199 2 K
i hadf that little car game on his desk as a kid
+5   

2 months ago '20        #3
God is Good 
Props total: 17543 17 K  Slaps total: 16634 16 K
Guess I’ll bump this thread too

The truth about OP

His threads absolutely suck
+3   

2 months ago '17        #4
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 94052 94 K  Slaps total: 34808 34 K
 God is Good said
Guess Iíll bump this thread too

The truth about OP

His threads absolutely suck
+6   

2 months ago '18        #5
Raymon 
Props total: 3581 3 K  Slaps total: 203 203
Had no idea about the history of GT, just remembered playing GT3 alot, I was always amazed at the car reflections the sun hitting cars always looked cool still remember my favorite car was a Mazda 787b I think it was called.

coincidentally I just ordered Fanatec DD Pro Thursday with the McLaren wheel, suppose to arrive March by when GT7 comes out. If I can get myself a PS5 by then then cool but most likely I'll stick with F1 and a*setto corsa
+4   

2 months ago '16        #6
alejandrugas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6606 6 K  Slaps total: 304 304
 Raymon said
Had no idea about the history of GT, just remembered playing GT3 alot, I was always amazed at the car reflections the sun hitting cars always looked cool still remember my favorite car was a Mazda 787b I think it was called.

coincidentally I just ordered Fanatec DD Pro Thursday with the McLaren wheel, suppose to arrive March by when GT7 comes out. If I can get myself a PS5 by then then cool but most likely I'll stick with F1 and a*setto corsa
There was no losing with that Mazda lol That car was crazy
+2   

2 months ago '16        #7
diamond49811 
Props total: 659 659  Slaps total: 17 17
 Quinn said
i hadf that little car game on his desk as a kid
me too bro

2 months ago '20        #8
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26921 26 K  Slaps total: 7091 7 K
the goat
+2   

2 months ago '17        #9
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21 OP
 D1dnt read said
the goat
I remember being a broke college student and buying a memory card and GT3 and didn't even have a PS2. My wife and I weren't together but I came home one day and she was standing there with a PS2, and extra controller, and a memory card.

Gran Turismo and the PS2 saved our relationship.

+5   

2 months ago '21        #10
Dreamcast  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14624 14 K  Slaps total: 3099 3 K
i remember back then i wanted a racing game.. i was a teen and didn't have a job so of course i didn't have money like that

i was waiting for the gran turismo review to come out.. but for whatever reason it didn't drop.. the review that did drop was need for speed 3 (this was before reviews were all on the internet like they are today.. it was magazines back then)

need for speed 3 had an 8.5.. i got tired of waiting for news on whether or not gran turismo was good.. so i just copped need for speed 3

then the next month of egm came... gran turismo was all 10 out of 10s

i was so upset

i remember i didn't even think need for speed 3 was an 8.5, more like a 7

i was so upset man, gran turismo looked so good but i missed the boat.. by the time it came out i was probably saving for metal gear or something so i just missed out

that soundtrack, the physics, the number of cars, the tracks.. it was just a beautiful game

and i was stuck with that old struggle nfs3
+1   

2 months ago '21        #11
 Naga Sadow said
I remember being a broke college student and buying a memory card and GT3 and didn't even have a PS2. My wife and I weren't together but I came home one day and she was standing there with a PS2, and extra controller, and a memory card.

Gran Turismo and the PS2 saved our relationship.

very cool story

why weren't u on good terms at the time?

2 months ago '21        #12
 Raymon said

racing wheels seem cool.. if i get back into a racing game i might have to try and cop one

they need to make a real life mode where i just drive to mcdonalds and back in record time
+2   

2 months ago '17        #13
 Dreamcast said
very cool story

why weren't u on good terms at the time?
I was an idiot at the time and was swinging my sword like Excalibur.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #14
Raymon 
Props total: 3581 3 K  Slaps total: 203 203
 Dreamcast said
racing wheels seem cool.. if i get back into a racing game i might have to try and cop one

they need to make a real life mode where i just drive to mcdonalds and back in record time
Oh sh*t that would be dope haha I always hoped crazy taxi would make a come back...that would be a while simulator too, Uber extreme lol something like that beating the time, upgrading car parts would be interesting
+1   

2 months ago '06        #15
marcusaka50 
Props total: 34256 34 K  Slaps total: 5482 5 K
Gt2 double disc

2 months ago '12        #16
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 191405 191 K  Slaps total: 11213 11 K
I know the brand owners won't let either company REALLY go to far, but I wish Gran Turismo and Forza both were allowed to show a little bit more damage.

Other than that both racing games are pretty amazing/legendary to me.

We came a long way from Kyle Petty Racing on the SNES lol

2 months ago '17        #17
 OldBusiness said
I know the brand owners won't let either company REALLY go to far, but I wish Gran Turismo and Forza both were allowed to show a little bit more damage.

Its funny how finicky auto makers are with their cars looking trashed, Porsche and Ferrari especially. I'm just thinking with the next gen horsepower they can actually create a more realistic physics engine. One of the reasons why I love iRacing. That game will actually teach you how to drive a race car.

2 months ago '18        #18
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10304 10 K  Slaps total: 2149 2 K
 OldBusiness said

Why would the car damage matter to the manufacturer
+1   

2 months ago '12        #19
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 191405 191 K  Slaps total: 11213 11 K
 BlackjesuS said
Why would the car damage matter to the manufacturer
They been slowing it up for decades now, for some reason with certain companies they don't allow them to display too much damage to their cars. Something with the branding

You can find discussions on it through the years:

Apparently car companies don't want to see their logos destroyed in games when the cars hit each other. I think Toyota even pulled all their cars out of games at one point too. (They're back now)

And the guy who made 'Wreckfest' mentioned it here too, saying they don't want their cars being destroyed so youre only driving 4 wheels and nothing else, and that they got around it by putting a mix of fake brands/cars in the game lol:

Its sorta similar to how the NBA won't allow for fouls that are too hard and how after NFL Blitz and a few other games the NFL stopped letting forreal hard hits happen in game also(The NBA and NFL claimed they didn't want kids playing games with violence in em if I remember correctly)

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
I been telling yíall for months that Kanye donít fu-k with adidas yeezy anymo..
55 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
-46online now  9
Image(s) inside Jan 23 - Atlanta rising Rent Prices
135 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+62online now  9
Jan 22 - Trying to cover up dating app murder.
207 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+32online now  5
Image(s) inside Pray for YE: JULIA FOX says she's been dating billionaires her whole l..
197 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy