online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

2017 c300 or 2014 EClass?

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

Which would you pick?
2017 C300 11k miles premium wheels 32 47.06%
2014 E Class 29k miles with driver assistance pkg 36 52.94%
Voters: 68.   (BX member poll)

2 years ago '19        #1
18483 page views
95 comments

DirtyDaily 
Props total: 1671 1 K  Slaps total: 144 144
2017 c300 or 2014 EClass?

Yooo so i’m buying a car..

I wanted to get something nice… i just started a new gig and i want something that will be comfortable a little more motivating to drive than a honda. Im currently sharing a car with my wife which is a 2007 infiniti g35 so getting a car is a must..

Went to carvana and grabbed a 2017 c300 with only 11k miles.. suppose to b here saturday..

premium wheels the black interior with panorama sunroof were my main selling points… but i reeeeeally wanted driver assist.. the sh1t that keeps u in ur lane… i love that sh1t on long trips.
I thought this car had it because it has distronic plus… but turns out it probably doesn't because it would say steering assist..

Here’s a link to the car

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/2019440

So i did some digging and found this 2014 E cla$s with driver assistance package… im kinda blown about the light a$s interior… but i’m super happy that its larger because i’ve seen a lot of ppl complaining about the sitting room in the c 300.
I Also like the fact its a v6 instead of the 4 cyl turbo charged engine.

This is the E cla$s at almost 29000 miles

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/2062214

I keep hearing so much sh1t about the e cla$s being more reliable.. also ppl say the c cla$s is for the ladies lol..

Not balling by any means but i can afford one of these two for sure.. So please dont be like just grab the s class! I know im in the entry level section!

So my question is which would you pick?

*update
Ended up with a c400 4matic with the v6 black on black..

Lifetime warranty on engine
tr@nsmission and drivetrain

And of course i got the maintenance pkg..

Im good and happy.. it was cheaper as well 55kmi

Ima pay it off in three years (really pay it down and leave the last small balance for the rest of the loan time) then jump in some real sh1t! Im good wit it.. prolly add some lil sh1t here and there..

They really got me to buy because of the warranty.. and they have a service shop too. Carvana couldnt compare.

Last edited by DirtyDaily; 11-30-2021 at 07:17 PM..
+3   

icon
best
icon
worst
95 comments

2 years ago '04        #2
JayR04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14920 14 K  Slaps total: 686 686
I actually like the looks of the c-cla$s better, even though I prefer larger cars. Unless you use the backseat a lot, the extra space isn't that noticable.

The distronic ish is nice though. I love it in mine.

The E-Cla$s damn near a decade old, I'd keep the C.
+3   

2 years ago '16        #3
Urboyl3 
Props total: 17327 17 K  Slaps total: 1116 1 K
I would do the E cla$s off of the "space" alone
+10   

2 years ago '06        #4
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 139420 139 K  Slaps total: 5927 5 K
2014 EClass
+6   

2 years ago '04        #5
strat 
Props total: 7529 7 K  Slaps total: 1683 1 K
Coming from the G35 the C cla$s will be a major downgrade in power and zip. The e cla$s will feel more comfortable. But the e cla$s is another level of maintenance and costs.

Make sure you budget for the maintenance. Trying to save in the short term will end up costing you big in the long term. Remember even tho you getting it for 30k the maintenance is still the same as on a 60k car.

Also make sure you drive them if possible ahead of time. They are completely different driving experiences.

All things being equal I'd lean towards the e class, but the reliability on those years I think were a little sus.

Last edited by strat; 11-28-2021 at 08:42 PM..
+8   

2 years ago '11        #6
TTVR6 
Props total: 101 101  Slaps total: 14 14
I weighed the same options a few years back. (2016 E / 2014 C)

I went with the C. Main reasoning was I like fixing things myself, and in my experience, more features = more that can go wrong. I’m fortunate that most of my family lives close by, and I don’t have to travel far for work. I’m 6 foot 5 and don’t have issues with space (my friend’s clk coupe is another story... I can barely get in an out of that thing lol)

I still lust over the newer/nicer classes, but at the end of the day I just wanted something clean and comfortable. The c cla$s gave me exactly that.

You can’t go wrong with either though. Good luck and congrats!
+2   

2 years ago '15        #7
majorpain1963 
Props total: 13545 13 K  Slaps total: 1434 1 K
If this is your first MBZ, I'd be very wary of that older E-cla$s and the upcoming maintenance if not already completed.

Contact a dealer and see what maintenance packages they can offer you along with warranty. You could go third party on the warranty but they typically arent better on these vehicles.
+4   

2 years ago '04        #8
kukkudo 
Props total: 722 722  Slaps total: 67 67
Out of warranty Benz is asking for problems.
+18   

2 years ago '20        #9
Benhillboy 
Props total: 1606 1 K  Slaps total: 77 77
Luxury goods are for old white women. Black Americans should never buy “luxury” goods and services. Only solidly made, high quality ones. The sh1t is ki1ling our collective net worth. The line between luxury and ma$s produced has never been thinner than it is now anyway, you can get a piece of sh1t in so many sectors of “luxury.” Wasn’t the case 30 years ago.

Asian Americans make three times as much as we do. Get a Mazda and invest the difference. After MB merged with Daimler their leg up on quality that they enjoyed through the 80s and 90s was over with.

Do you really want a car with pink interior lighting, illuminated grille ornaments and options that many carmakers offer standard? Of course you don’t.

Last edited by Benhillboy; 11-28-2021 at 09:32 PM..
+12   

2 years ago '14        #10
NineDime 
Props total: 11560 11 K  Slaps total: 383 383
the space in the E cla$s is more favorable imo.

..but i can’t leave this thread without at least saying look into a ~’19/20 camry. i’ll be that guy. just to keep it real with you my g
emoji

Last edited by NineDime; 11-28-2021 at 09:35 PM..
+12   

2 years ago '18        #11
beermoney 
Props total: 12150 12 K  Slaps total: 845 845
 Benhillboy said 🔗
Luxury goods are for old white women. Black Americans should never buy “luxury” goods and services. Only solidly made, high quality ones. The sh1t is ki1ling our collective net worth. The line between luxury and ma$s produced has never been thinner than it is now anyway, you can get a piece of sh1t in so many sectors of “luxury.” Wasn’t the case 30 years ago.

Asian Americans make three times as much as we do. Get a Mazda and invest the difference. After MB merged with Daimler their leg up on quality that they enjoyed through the 80s and 90s was over with.

Do you really want a car with pink interior lighting, illuminated grille ornaments and options that many carmakers offer standard? Of course you don’t.

Got Furious Styles in here....

Not wrong though.

emoji
+6   

2 years ago '04        #12
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 46738 46 K  Slaps total: 7590 7 K
dunno how old OP is but even with the ever-growing sizes of cars lately, the C-cla$s just look juvenile to me. but if you the type to be out n about, on the go type, a family sedan in an E-cla$s might be a little too "grown"

everythings so inflated now where back then pushing a clean C-cla$s would be a cant lose choice. but now for some reasons typical buyers in the market for a C-cla$s or a 3-series are considering E-classes and 5ers simultaneously so... its different times i guess

if the C was 63s i'd say go for it instead of the E. but if they both non-amg then whatever tickles your fancy really, it dont really make a difference imo
+2   

2 years ago '16        #13
Breeze 
Props total: 4374 4 K  Slaps total: 858 858
E cla$s or pass
+5   

2 years ago '20        #14
BigStik305 
Props total: 2780 2 K  Slaps total: 941 941
Theres an old saying in the Benz community. If it's not an E cla$s at the very minimum don't drive it.
+7   

2 years ago '04        #15
biscuit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 68435 68 K  Slaps total: 5868 5 K
I like the interior on the E personally but a 7 year old
emoji

Bro, you're coming from an Infinity with your wife correct? The parts are interchangeable with other model Nissans since they are made by Nissan. Your repair bills as a result are cheaper.

When you get a Benz, there is no other company that makes Benz sh1t (ie a parent company). All your parts, service and repairs will be Benz stuff unless you fu#k with after market mechanics that do work with European cars for cheaper.

Trust me on this, there is certain sh1t that the after market mechanics do not know how to do which means you'll have to go to Mercedes-Benz itself at some point or the other. These cars break down like any other car. That repair bill will be r@pe without question.

If you're comfortable with all of the above go for it. That being said, go for whatever has the lower miles and better condition. Realistically, I'd probably rather buy from a person than a dealer since dealers know how to roll back odometers.

Good luck with it. I had a Benz for 12 years so I speak from experience. Let us know what you decide and why.
emoji
+4   

2 years ago '17        #16
Acebit 
Props total: 15545 15 K  Slaps total: 3207 3 K
C cla$s def a baby momma car but if like compact cars hey
+2   

2 years ago '19        #17
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 58056 58 K  Slaps total: 6815 6 K
Other cars have come too far to buy a non AMG Mercedes
emoji
+7   

2 years ago '16        #18
ELAH MENTAT 
Props total: 32629 32 K  Slaps total: 2796 2 K
2018-21 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T…

emoji
+7   

2 years ago '13        #19
PCDubya 
Props total: 15983 15 K  Slaps total: 1658 1 K
C nicer, but I'm going with the E only because I'm 6'3" and test drove a C before and there ain't no damn way. I ever got into an accident with that and they cutting me out. Plus I would take the 6 over the 4.
+2   

2 years ago '16        #20
Polife 
Props total: 2853 2 K  Slaps total: 205 205
 DirtyDaily said 🔗
Yooo so i’m buying a car..

I wanted to get something nice… i just started a new gig and i want something that will be comfortable a little more motivating to drive than a honda. Im currently sharing a car with my wife which is a 2007 infiniti g35 so getting a car is a must..

Went to carvana and grabbed a 2017 c300 with only 11k miles.. suppose to b here saturday..

premium wheels the black interior with panorama sunroof were my main selling points… but i reeeeeally wanted driver assist.. the sh1t that keeps u in ur lane… i love that sh1t on long trips.
I thought this car had it because it has distronic plus… but turns out it probably doesn't because it would say steering assist..

Here’s a link to the car

↪🔗

So i did some digging and found this 2014 E cla$s with driver assistance package… im kinda blown about the light a$s interior… but i’m super happy that its larger because i’ve seen a lot of ppl complaining about the sitting room in the c 300.
I Also like the fact its a v6 instead of the 4 cyl turbo charged engine.

This is the E cla$s at almost 29000 miles

↪🔗

I keep hearing so much sh1t about the e cla$s being more reliable.. also ppl say the c cla$s is for the ladies lol..

Not balling by any means but i can afford one of these two for sure.. So please dont be like just grab the s class! I know im in the entry level section!

So my question is which would you pick?
I'd buy neither. Mercedes Benz Maintenance is going to ki1l your pockets. Dealers make money from the service center. Unless you know a reliable spot that can do repairs for you buy something new.
+5   

2 years ago '13        #21
PCDubya 
Props total: 15983 15 K  Slaps total: 1658 1 K
 Benhillboy said 🔗

So your choice is a Mazda that will be worth nothing in 5 years?

2 years ago '19        #22
DirtyDaily  OP
 biscuit said 🔗
I like the interior on the E personally but a 7 year old
emoji

Bro, you're coming from an Infinity with your wife correct? The parts are interchangeable with other model Nissans since they are made by Nissan. Your repair bills as a result are cheaper.

When you get a Benz, there is no other company that makes Benz sh1t (ie a parent company). All your parts, service and repairs will be Benz stuff unless you fu#k with after market mechanics that do work with European cars for cheaper.

Trust me on this, there is certain sh1t that the after market mechanics do not know how to do which means you'll have to go to Mercedes-Benz itself at some point or the other. These cars break down like any other car. That repair bill will be r@pe without question.

If you're comfortable with all of the above go for it. That being said, go for whatever has the lower miles and better condition. Realistically, I'd probably rather buy from a person than a dealer since dealers know how to roll back odometers.

Good luck with it. I had a Benz for 12 years so I speak from experience. Let us know what you decide and why.
emoji

So in a turn of events i just found a C400 with everything i wanted in the E Cla$s (aside from the e cla$s space and the premium wheels of the c300 in the link but i can buy rims later if i want em) v6 engine.. 4matic… black interior and a lil cheaper cuz the mileage is around 36000.. only a little weary because the dealer is in the baltimore county area.. but we shall see! Definitely test driving!

I kinda ruled out the e cla$s just because its so old.. like somebody said earlier i expect the maintenance on the e cla$s to be terribly expensive.. Im going to the dealer today just to see if there is any type of warranty and maintenance package.. if so it will probably be and immediate buy. I’ll definitely test drive before hand.
Thanks for everyone’s humble opinions!

I only owned a bucket of an extremely old e cla$s some years ago when my finances were little to none.. The maintenance didnt seem too bad but i did run into an issue where i washed the key by accident and it was hell trying to find someone to make a key for the car… again my finances aren't even comparable to back then…i was broke as a joke and someone let me get it for the looooow low.. it hand oil leaks and the interior was pitiful! So i let it sit which made everything worse.. they ended up towing it from my apartment at the time…youre right about the infiniti’s maintenance but we usually try to get the best parts we can find unless its something minor… plus we go to a repair shop that cost a little extra to ensure the best service.. all the cheap shops have shown us how fu#ked up they can leave your car! We’ve had parts missing and all kinda sh1t! Im saying this to say i think i can handle the maintenance as long as i don't let sh1t pile up. The goal is just to make it past the 72 month contract then trade it in assuming my credit should be even better by then.. i think the next car will be an EV.. maybe an apple car if they’re out by then
emoji
i just want to ride decent until then… i dont plan on making it a forever car by any means.
+2   

2 years ago '19        #23
DirtyDaily  OP
 strat said 🔗
Coming from the G35 the C cla$s will be a major downgrade in power and zip. The e cla$s will feel more comfortable. But the e cla$s is another level of maintenance and costs.

Make sure you budget for the maintenance. Trying to save in the short term will end up costing you big in the long term. Remember even tho you getting it for 30k the maintenance is still the same as on a 60k car.

Also make sure you drive them if possible ahead of time. They are completely different driving experiences.

All things being equal I'd lean towards the e class, but the reliability on those years I think were a little sus.
Yeah im a little spooked about it being so damn old… i just updated the og post.. i found a c400 with a v6 engine 4matic so i may just rock with that one.. it has the driver assist package too!
+2   

2 years ago '19        #24
DirtyDaily  OP
 majorpain1963 said 🔗
If this is your first MBZ, I'd be very wary of that older E-cla$s and the upcoming maintenance if not already completed.

Contact a dealer and see what maintenance packages they can offer you along with warranty. You could go third party on the warranty but they typically arent better on these vehicles.
I keep hearing bad things about third party warranty companies going out of business and all kinda crazy scam type sh1t
+1   

2 years ago '19        #25
DirtyDaily  OP
 TTVR6 said 🔗
I weighed the same options a few years back. (2016 E / 2014 C)

I went with the C. Main reasoning was I like fixing things myself, and in my experience, more features = more that can go wrong. I’m fortunate that most of my family lives close by, and I don’t have to travel far for work. I’m 6 foot 5 and don’t have issues with space (my friend’s clk coupe is another story... I can barely get in an out of that thing lol)

I still lust over the newer/nicer classes, but at the end of the day I just wanted something clean and comfortable. The c cla$s gave me exactly that.

You can’t go wrong with either though. Good luck and congrats!
Thanks man.. yeah i just want somethin nicer than a honda u feel me? When i cone off that ten hour night shift i wanna see something nice.. i dj and sh1t a little too so i wanna pull up in something decent… my setup is extremely portable tho.. i usually dont have to even bring speakers
+1   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+3319
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
282 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+5217
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+4110
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
67 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+574
Image(s) inside Now That We are Older, Wiser… Let’s Talk Soul Food