Nov 26 - New COVID variant in South Africa: U.S. restricts travel w/7 other countries

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '05        #1
3696 page views
93 comments

phantomnation  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 88713 88 K  Slaps total: 6871 6 K
Nov 26 - New COVID variant in South Africa: U.S. restricts travel w/7 other countries

(CNN)President Joe Biden announced Friday the US will restrict travel from South Africa and seven other countries starting Monday as a new coronavirus variant has emerged.

Acting on advice from Dr. Anthony Fauci and the CDC, the Biden administration will restrict travel from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi.

The decision to restrict travel comes as the federal government is still attempting to learn more about the new variant. They need to see more sequencing, but after discussing what they've seen so far, officials decided to halt travel from these other countries out of concern about what they don't yet know.

Biden was briefed today on the new coronavirus variant circulating in southern Africa, he said in the announcement.
Officials, who are still learning more about the variant, said the policy was implemented out of an abundance of caution given the WHO has now identified this as a variant of concern.

"Our scientists and public health officials are working quickly to learn more about this variant," one official said.
South Africa's health minister announced Thursday the discovery of the variant, which appears to be spreading rapidly in parts of the country.

Currently, "there's no indication" that the new variant is in the United States right now -- and US scientists are working closely with colleagues in South Africa to learn more about the emerging variant, Fauci told CNN's Brianna Keilar before the travel restrictions were announced Friday.

"Right now, we're getting the material together with our South African colleagues to get a situation where you could actually directly test it. So, right now you're talking about sort of like a red flag that this might be an issue -- but we don't know," Fauci said.

"You want to find out if in fact it does evade the vaccines that we're doing," Fauci said when asked about potential travel restrictions. "You're prepared to do everything you need to do to protect the American public, but you want to make sure there's a basis for doing that."
Several other countries -- including the United Kingdom -- have banned flights from South Africa and surrounding African countries in response to the emergence of the variant.

The travel restrictions do not apply to American citizens and lawful permanent residents. As with all international travelers, they must still test negative prior to travel.
+5   

best
worst
93 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
POSITIVITY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x64
Props total: 105288 105 K  Slaps total: 65463 65 K
This strain is serious got to stay on top of it… maybe vax resistant

2 months ago '05        #3
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 101419 101 K  Slaps total: 27409 27 K
That sh*t still gonna end up out here
+41   

2 months ago '20        #4
GingerBreadMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 19321 19 K  Slaps total: 10051 10 K

+49   

2 months ago '21        #5
LuxG2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27351 27 K  Slaps total: 5581 5 K
was watching this in the news & they were fear Mongering x100 breathing heavy, talking fast, then one doctor came on smiling like he was enjoying this

Last edited by LuxG2; 11-26-2021 at 02:47 PM..
+37   

2 months ago '07        #6
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 101948 101 K  Slaps total: 13278 13 K

2 months ago '17        #7
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 99978 99 K  Slaps total: 30444 30 K
 GingerBreadMan said

Dope, Biden doing more than trump to prevent covid spread.

Trump put a travel ban on those African countries way before covid, trump's ban had nothing to do with covid. Context matters, but not to you little retarded kids I guess....

2 months ago '17        #8
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 99978 99 K  Slaps total: 30444 30 K
 POSITIVITY said
They're saying this variant isn't as deadly though and is weaker than the Delta variant so I don't think it'll be as serious. Maybe covid is finally dying out.

2 months ago '05        #9
POSITIVITY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x64
Props total: 105288 105 K  Slaps total: 65463 65 K
Get away from this strain !!!

Trust me

2 months ago '20        #11
Sinful Info  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5719 5 K  Slaps total: 1249 1 K
 Ymmot said
They're saying this variant isn't as deadly though and is weaker than the Delta variant so I don't think it'll be as serious. Maybe covid is finally dying out.
Covid is a Sars Baby. That whole family here to stay B. Whole lotta relatives that will keep jumping and mutating. I aint even up on Covid rates just tired of giving a fu*k. Funny thing was my job did their grand opening not this past tuesday, but Tuesday the 16th. A dirty motherfu*ker with covid was in the office that day and went to the social afterwards.

I only gotta go in 1 day a week, and even that is optional(optional not optional, but I know how to juke the test on the home kit. ) Opening anything in the late fall or winter is dumb. I aint dying for these ppl just so they can have a reason to pay a property lease.
+7   

2 months ago '20        #12
blackpillblack 
Props total: 17766 17 K  Slaps total: 8672 8 K
:/

The reaction to this sh*t sounds like it’s more deadly and more contagious than previous variants. I suppose we’ll know in a coupe weeks.

2 months ago '20        #13
CopyCat 
Props total: 11858 11 K  Slaps total: 1120 1 K
More Viruses and more economic sanctions if Africa doesn't accept the West's sh*tty/non effective vaccine.
I have a feeling in my gut that NATO is gonna use this as another excuse to tighten their rope around Africa's nect to prevent itself from being economically self sufficient. Furthermore, the West is going to use refusal of the vaccine to withhold or stop foreign investment.

Last edited by CopyCat; 11-26-2021 at 04:37 PM..
+28   

2 months ago '05        #14
hitman80v2.0 
Props total: 525 525  Slaps total: 10 10
One of the head contractors that do work at one of the sites my job operates just came back from there 2 weeks ago. He said before him and his wife could go they had to get a covid screening with a negative result before him and his wife could fly there because once you arrive they wouldn't let you out of the terminal into the country without papers showing you had a test done and didn't have the virus. He said before they could come back to the U.S. him and his wife had to get another Covid test done before Africa would allow them to get into the airport to even come home and when he got back here to Michigan they didn't even ask to see the papers showing they where clean. Just let them right back into the U.S. without asking for their paperwork.
+15   

2 months ago '19        #15
JBigDawg  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 6822 6 K  Slaps total: 1566 1 K
Apparently its 'Vax' resistant you lot are getting taken to the cleaners

You guys know the Winter is around the corner right.. and people get sick.. in the Winter..
+15   

2 months ago '06        #16
Doe Sun 
Props total: 3286 3 K  Slaps total: 741 741
lolol remember when Biden and the left kept sh*tting on Trump on how bad he handled Covid? Now they’re pushing the very vaccine that we’re developed partially due to operation warp speed. And still can’t contain it with vaccines in 2021 vs no vaccines in 2020. And Pfizer didn’t even wanna announce their vax until Biden won even though it was ready.

This is what happens when politics take priority over public safety.
+13   

2 months ago '21        #17
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9314 9 K  Slaps total: 9418 9 K
Yet no outcry about Biden restricting travel
+13   

2 months ago '04        #18
adthekidd 
Props total: 8474 8 K  Slaps total: 1184 1 K
This comes a few days after "scientists" were "puzzled" that its not doing much damage in Africa
+34   

2 months ago '18        #19
Idgafth0 
Props total: 8273 8 K  Slaps total: 1755 1 K
No test created can tell you if you tested positive for a variant …but carryon
+8   

2 months ago '17        #20
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 121106 121 K  Slaps total: 15302 15 K

2 months ago '16        #21
B86 
Props total: 18725 18 K  Slaps total: 4006 4 K
 POSITIVITY said
Isn’t that what they’ve said about every strain?
+6   

2 months ago '16        #22
B86 
Props total: 18725 18 K  Slaps total: 4006 4 K
 Ymmot said

Trump put a travel ban on those African countries way before covid, trump's ban had nothing to do with covid. Context matters, but not to you little retarded kids I guess....
I’m not big on politics; so tell me, what has Biden done for us (poor/working class people) in comparison to what Trump did?
+7   

2 months ago '04        #23
CentsCuZ  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10059 10 K  Slaps total: 2512 2 K
I'm buying the dip.
+11   

2 months ago '15        #24
Tripsev 
Props total: 6101 6 K  Slaps total: 2944 2 K
 Ymmot said

What? Covid was known of in November 2019 you fu*ktard.
+5   

2 months ago '15        #25
Still Numskull 
Props total: 22798 22 K  Slaps total: 5709 5 K
 Ymmot said

+11   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  19
I been telling y’all for months that Kanye don’t fu-k with adidas yeezy anymo..
55 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+62online now  11
Jan 22 - Trying to cover up dating app murder.
207 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-46online now  5
Image(s) inside Jan 23 - Atlanta rising Rent Prices
135 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+32online now  3
Image(s) inside Pray for YE: JULIA FOX says she's been dating billionaires her whole l..
197 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy