Dave Chappelle Holds Q&A With Students At Duke Ellington School of the Arts

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
1999 page views
30 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x133
Props total: 154843 154 K  Slaps total: 6446 6 K
Dave Chappelle Holds Q&A With Students At Duke Ellington School of the Arts

"Dave Chappelle not only argues that cancel culture is ineffective; he also welcomes detractors to try and prove him wrong. For the past several weeks he has been laughing about his "cancelation" following his final Netflix special The Closer and responding to criticism at his Untitled documentary screenings across the country. Now, Dave Chappelle has now turned his attention to the youth.

As previously reported, the celebrated comedian's fundraiser at his old high school, the Duke Ellington School of the Arts, was called off after students voiced discontent with his jokes and comments in The Closer, and at first, Dave Chappelle joked that he didn't want to do the fundraiser anyways. It turns out that Dave Chappelle didn't completely move on from the situation because he popped up at the Duke Ellington School earlier this week to hand out 600 Thanksgiving meals, give out free tickets to his Untitled documentary screening, and participate in an open Q&A session with staff and 580 students.

According to Variety, Dave Chappelle opted to bring a camera crew to capture the Q&A on film, and when the comedian arrived, he was met with "a raucous reception of cheers and some boos." During the hour-long Q&A, Chappelle reportedly insisted that his staunchest critics let their voices be heard, a decision which Duke Ellington School's spokesperson says made Chappelle's supporters become "the silent majority."

Eight students are said to have confronted Dave Chappelle during the Q&A, including a 16-year-old student who called him both a "bigot" and "childish" and claimed that he "handled it like a child." Since attendees were asked to secure their phones in magnetic pouches to prevent leaked recordings, two students verbally relayed Chappelle's response over to Politico. According to them, he responded to the 16-year-old by saying, "My friend, with all due respect, I don’t believe you could make one of the decisions I have to make on a given day."

Another student reportedly challenged Chappelle's rhetoric about the trans and LGBTQ communities, telling him directly, "Your comedy k*lls." To that, Dave Chappelle emphatically responded, "N***** are k*lled every day."

As the students' questions for the comedian grew "antagonistic," Variety reports that Chappelle responded to their comments with jokes and laughter before eventually dropping a bombshell on the young crowd, saying, "I’m better than every instrumentalist, artist, no matter what art you do in this school, right now, I’m better than all of you. I’m sure that will change. I’m sure you’ll be household names soon."

One student left the Q&A early because they "couldn’t even entertain the idea of a conversation," yet even with all of the contention during the Q&A, Dave Chappelle made a conscious effort to make sure that no harm comes the students' way. Talking directly to the camera, he said, "This is my family and whether they know it or not I love these kids. I don’t want to hear about any threats to these kids. These kids don’t deserve that."

Days after the Q&A, many students and parents find the whole event to be both inappropriate and disappointing, citing issues with his use of the N-word when talking with teenagers as well as his overall tone when responding to students' criticism.

Stay tuned for more updates in the ongoing Dave Chappelle and Duke Ellington School of the Arts story."

visit this link https://www.hotnewhiphop. .. ws.143594.html
+18   

best
worst
30 comments

2 months ago '13        #2
GHova315  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 6023 6 K  Slaps total: 926 926
fu*k dem kids..
+61   

2 months ago '19        #3
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 59095 59 K  Slaps total: 6217 6 K
Imagine raising millions in funds to help your Alma Mater, a school for talented/privileged Black kids, and getting boo'd by some fxggots who spend too much time on Twitter!

Dave isn't cancelled in real life. He's only received some harshly written Tweets on a social media platform by a subsection of Twitter. That's hardly anything I'd call effectual as it should be.

This soft azz era of entitled fxggots is getting outta hand. I can't even enjoy a fxcking tv show without forced fxggotry.
+57   

2 months ago '18        #4
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 59345 59 K  Slaps total: 12837 12 K
Didn't see any specific arguments as usual. Just name calling because they most likely didn't watch the special.

That's the issue with people and not the internet. People have always felt comfortable joining the crowd/mob more than being able to form their own opinion. They don't want to feel left out of the majority opinion.

Most people can't stand on their own square. They just pu**y and look up to religious figures, political parties, and celebs. No energy of their own or someone in their immediate circle to keep them grounded.

Also, this is good
"Your comedy k*lls." To that, Dave Chappelle emphatically responded, "N***** are k*lled every day."
+21   

2 months ago '07        #5
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 101064 101 K  Slaps total: 13061 13 K
Dave Chappelle not only argues that cancel culture is ineffective; he also welcomes detractors to try and prove him wrong.
i got you

should caucasian people be canceled for saying the hard-r n-word or nah?

For the past several weeks he has been laughing about his "cancelation" following his final Netflix special The Closer and responding to criticism at his Untitled documentary screenings across the country.
wait, he wasn't laughing, at all, in that IG post from Europe

2 months ago '19        #6
Excalibur 
Props total: 3735 3 K  Slaps total: 265 265
The best way to handle these pussies is to tell them " fu*k you". If more peolle told them to fu*k off we wont see the nonsense we see nowadys
+13   

2 months ago '18        #7
Dehone 
Props total: 67920 67 K  Slaps total: 3117 3 K
The success of the special shows most people still fu*k with Dave

+14   

2 months ago '20        #8
blackpillblack 
Props total: 17428 17 K  Slaps total: 8498 8 K
Those kids should be called out and made examples of.. A Mob attack is good and sometimes positive if you are the mob.

2 months ago '18        #9
Sick Flair 
Props total: 22762 22 K  Slaps total: 1680 1 K
Soft a*s little bi*ches. n*gga if Eddie or Chris Tucker would’ve came to my school as a kid and told us all to shut the fu*k up and do better you bunch of little f*g**ts! We’d still be talking about it with fond whimsy today.

These folks are on some soft sh*t and China is going to fu*k the sh*t out of America’s impossible pu**y in 50 years. There will be no defense.

2 months ago '07        #10
KingKobraAtlant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1969 1 K  Slaps total: 426 426
The 16 year old that confronted Chappelle was black and gay. His mom is all on Twitter trying to stir �� up. Knowing damn well, her son went into that with drama.

One thing that pisses me off about them more than anything is, comparing your s*xuality to what black people go through.
+24   

2 months ago '17        #11
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 114879 114 K  Slaps total: 4799 4 K

High school students challenging Dave when they weren't even alive when Dave was crucified for turning down 50 mil.

I watched Raw before I was even in high school and that sh*t was hilarious. Eddie went at everyone. Boy these kids gone learn a tough lesson when real life punches you right in the face.
+12   

2 months ago '15        #12
SSJ4 Goku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 106930 106 K  Slaps total: 10835 10 K
Kids are fu*king soft. That was painful to read. You can tell they haven't faced any type of adversity. Who the fu*k are you to say

"Your comedy k*lls"

Hope they get hit by a bus.
+4   

2 months ago '17        #13
LurkinSince2012 
Props total: 8751 8 K  Slaps total: 530 530
 Sick Flair said
Soft a*s little bi*ches. n*gga if Eddie or Chris Tucker would’ve came to my school as a kid and told us all to shut the fu*k up and do better you bunch of little f*g**ts! We’d still be talking about it with fond whimsy today.

These folks are on some soft sh*t and China is going to fu*k the sh*t out of America’s impossible pu**y in 50 years. There will be no defense.
Pretty much…we’re becoming the land of confusion

2 months ago '10        #14
Daytona5000 
Props total: 3988 3 K  Slaps total: 316 316
The DC show was great he had the kids from duke Ellington in there Erykah badu would not stop singing high out her got damn mind lol

2 months ago '18        #15
Crisco  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4718 4 K  Slaps total: 650 650
 Daytona5000 said
The DC show was great he had the kids from duke Ellington in there Erykah badu would not stop singing high out her got damn mind lol
this article is just spun negatively on the kids to rile people up.

by his and the students accounts it was a positive experience for all involved. tired of fake news on this website
+6   

2 months ago '09        #16
ahmadou1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 86380 86 K  Slaps total: 6020 6 K
 Dehone said
The success of the special shows most people still fu*k with Dave

Yup. The rotten tomato reviews showed it. The “critics” slaughtered it but the people loved it
That fake outrage sh*t is only on the internet. The overwhelming number of people fu*k with Dave.
+5   

2 months ago '19        #17
ITL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 7696 7 K  Slaps total: 1053 1 K
These new Chappelle skits sound funny as a bi*ch

+1   

2 months ago '04        #18
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8406 8 K  Slaps total: 3357 3 K
now it all makes sense, that why dave was at drakes house, to show case his movie.... damn, things like this make me hate that im not young and in tune with the city cause i woulda skipped work to go see this sh*t...

good for dave hopefully we can get a screening online in a few months or something, doc seems to be a pretty cool premise!

2 months ago '04        #19
vagangster 
Props total: 1923 1 K  Slaps total: 241 241
I kind of find all this odd but whatever
+1   

2 months ago '17        #20
bmf24eva  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 20770 20 K  Slaps total: 5543 5 K
 Sick Flair said

Did you really just say "Fond Whimsy"????
+3   

2 months ago '18        #21
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 49819 49 K  Slaps total: 3951 3 K
The kids need this. A lot of them never had a real conversation with someone with opposing views. We don't have to agree to be able to converse. It's the only way to see each other's point of views and that's why we're here.
+5   

2 months ago '10        #22
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 98381 98 K  Slaps total: 20792 20 K
There’s no reason for Dave to be talking to high school kids

He’s embracing the conflict as this point.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #23
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 199014 199 K  Slaps total: 15094 15 K
 GHova315 said
fu*k dem kids..
They had every opportunity to engage in a positive back and forth and to Lear something yet they just wanted to argue over some bs for brown points.

+4   

2 months ago '04        #24
Bmoneyz051587 
Props total: 461 461  Slaps total: 53 53
He showed up to the Improv last night and was talking about this

2 months ago '12        #25
Superstarbrown7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21294 21 K  Slaps total: 1998 1 K
Good thing they weren’t born in the 90s how soft they are
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  23
Video inside Have you PROFITED more than $5,000 in Crypto?
96 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  19
1/17......milfie jems plots to bury melting wax face charlotte at the thot rum..
271 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+227online now  19
Image(s) inside Damn yo... Seems like this is becoming a common thing. Sad.
240 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  17
apple.....slapped with class action lawsuit over powerbeats pro charging issues
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy