Black men, how much did the fear of getting shot and killed affect you? (Dolph releated)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '20        #1
2266 page views
79 comments

Laron Isley  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 18783 18 K  Slaps total: 6205 6 K
Black men, how much did the fear of getting shot and k*lled affect you? (Dolph releated)

I was thinking about this today. I lost a few relatives to gun violence when I was 2 and 3. And n*ggas around me were getting shot and k*lled as long I can remember. So in the back of my mind, not getting shot and k*lled was always a focus. It affected who I chose as my friends, what type of girls I went after, when I went to hang with my friends and when I didn't.

It made me stay home on certain nights just because I felt like if I went out and got k*lled my ghost would feel like it wasn't worth it. It didn't stop me from doing things I enjoy but I think that fear protected me from doing things I probably had no business doing anyway. I probably missed out on some fun because of it though, who knows. I know it made me miss out on A LOT of pu**y. Now that I made it to my 30's the fear isn't really there but I still move smart anyway because fu*k it, I came this far. That fear also made me want to get rich but never famous. I don't wear jewelry. I keep my clothes low key etc.. And I never carried a gun. I just tried to avoid situations where I would need one. I just want somebody else to speak on this because I think it's something that we have deep within us that we never really speak on. And not to mention police officers, this fear is pretty layered

It's one thing to have enemies and avoid getting k*lled but to not have any enemies at all and still have that fear is kind of crazy when I really think about it. I said black men in the thread title but fu*k it, men in general. We probably all have that fear to some extent

Last edited by Laron Isley; 11-26-2021 at 10:01 AM..
+43   

best
worst
79 comments

2 months ago '15        #2
Eternal Outlaw 
Props total: 2332 2 K  Slaps total: 116 116
I have no fear of it, I’ve come to terms that death is eminent so I just make sure I cherish my moments with loved ones. I still move smart when I’m out but I have no control over what can occur. I made it to 30 without fearing for my life and will continue to. One thing I learned is to find your happy medium in the chaos of life and don’t sweat the small stuff.

Last edited by Eternal Outlaw; 11-26-2021 at 12:59 PM..
+33   

2 months ago '20        #3
Laron Isley  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32 OP
 Eternal Outlaw said
I have no fear of it, Iíve come to tears that death is eminent so I just make sure I cherish my moments with loved ones. I still move smart when Iím out but I have no control over what can occur. I made it to 30 without fearing for my life and will continue to. One thing I learned is to find your happy medium in the chaos of life and donít sweat the small stuff.
Were you just born like this naturally, or is it something you had to work on for years?

2 months ago '06        #4
Big Bear 
Props total: 51543 51 K  Slaps total: 10423 10 K
 Laron Isley said
Were you just born like this naturally, or is it something you had to work on for years?
Born
+3   

2 months ago '16        #5
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 107434 107 K  Slaps total: 14427 14 K
Predator mindset.

I fear more having to k*ll someone than being k*lled by someone.

When it’s your time to go it’s your time to go, but I’d hate to be in a position where I gotta play God and send a n*gga or bi*ch to the stars. Another man shouldn’t have to decide that which is why murder in every culture is a “sin”. But we all know it’s times where people get put in that position
+33   

2 months ago '07        #6
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x130
Props total: 262167 262 K  Slaps total: 23299 23 K
My cousin was murdered in cold blood over some street sh*t. We all know he wasn't moving right. He had all the car's and the dope money etc...

But, that sh*t will always bring jealousy even if you are getting it the legal way.

But, I personally have never been in the streets like that and I'm proud of it and that don't make anyone like that a pu**y at all.

It's just that I have close friends that went that route and did some time in the box and I'm not talking about county jail Bs.

I have one friend that in there right now for double homicide he ain't never coming home. Those drugs fu*ked him up early on and he lost his damn mind.

Now as for your question OP. I'm not scared of death. I just know that its inevitable eventually but, you just got to move right out here.

And stay away from the fu*k sh*t and you will be aight. I'm living proof.

+29   

2 months ago '16        #7
MrNobody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18662 18 K  Slaps total: 5842 5 K
At this point, to me, itís just another stipulation of life that, if it doesnít stop life, it shapes it into something even more unique.

The line between fatalism and free will is like the moments before sleep.

I feel like Iíve always been able to come to terms with the logic steps preceding the bad things that happen in life, even if it takes some time.

I donít have that same level of acceptance toward the good things. Even when the steps are followed logically. I need a dose of faith to believe that good things can happen, even when they do and make sense.

I think that mystery is more worthy of existential rumination.

2 months ago '18        #8
antisocial100 
Props total: 19610 19 K  Slaps total: 5672 5 K
Dolph related …. Smh

Yo y’all n*ggas really clout chasing off this man death huh? OP what’s good with you?
+11   

2 months ago '05        #9
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 36383 36 K  Slaps total: 4698 4 K
well I'm sure u heard the phrase, I rather pack a gun and not need it, than to need one and not have it..... I'm sure I have enemies in the past that would try some bullsh*t given the chance.... I'm living pretty good. I don't flaunt often, but I'm doing better than a lot of n*ggas I had to cut off. A random might try me, just cuz I have some sh*t they want. That's just life. It is what it is though. Can't stop living life because n*ggas envy you. Just have to move militant and be aware of your environment.
+9   

2 months ago '20        #10
Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 51643 51 K  Slaps total: 16224 16 K
All this violent hip-hop ain't helping Hip-Hop. I don't even really listen to that BS anymore. You talking that "Got fiends on speed-dial, in love with the whitelike Te'a Cooper" on records and I'm turning it off
+3   

2 months ago '17        #11
Sucka Repellent  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 104790 104 K  Slaps total: 18291 18 K
 MHP Trotty said
Predator mindset.

I fear more having to k*ll someone than being k*lled by someone.

When itís your time to go itís your time to go, but Iíd hate to be in a position where I gotta play God and send a n*gga or bi*ch to the stars. Another man shouldnít have to decide that which is why murder in every culture is a ďsinĒ. But we all know itís times where people get put in that position
this.
+2   

2 months ago '14        #12
Gotti Pippen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 63194 63 K  Slaps total: 2578 2 K
Dope thread potential OP

The older you get, the more you realize fearing death is a waste of life.

Like some people, I grew up in the hood, so death was right in your face. As the years went by, I started noticing cancer became way more rampant than bullets.

RIP to all the BX fallen soldiers
+10   

2 months ago '20        #13
 antisocial100 said
Dolph related Ö. Smh

Yo yíall n*ggas really clout chasing off this man death huh? OP whatís good with you?
I only wrote that so a mod wouldn't move the thread out of the hip hop section.

2 months ago '17        #14
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 55264 55 K  Slaps total: 11921 11 K
I don’t; if I die, I die.

If you look at death as a prohibitor or a detriment then you living life wrong.

Live a life worth death. death should be the definitive end to a long-lived life — not a fragmented sentence. Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Sounds gay and wine wife-y, but you should fr be living your life like every day could be your last.
+4   

2 months ago '20        #15
 Gotti Pippen said
Dope thread potential OP

The older you get, the more you realize fearing death is a waste of life.

Like some people, I grew up in the hood, so death was right in your face. As the years went by, I started noticing cancer became way more rampant than bullets.

RIP to all the BX fallen soldiers
It's crazy you even mentioned cancer. Because that's really your next opponent once you defeat bullets and live to be old. I'm not really scared of death but the thought of someone taking me out before my time is what really bothered me.
+5   

2 months ago '19        #16
Boogie2300 
Props total: 805 805  Slaps total: 112 112
The older I get the more I learn it's safer to stay in the crib out the way. Its no such thing as hanging out nowadays for me.

Being from where I'm from it's an alarm that goes off in my head when I'm somewhere I'm not supposed to be, or when I'm around a location for too long of a time.

Play the crib... shop, eat, and travel around the nicer parts of the city. Handle cash & money moves when businesses open (9 am) and love life, if u messing with a female, make sure the phone is not sharing locations, and skip the Airbnb, get a hotel.

Blessings to yall brothers, stay dangerous.
+20   

2 months ago '15        #17
RicanLurka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 15480 15 K  Slaps total: 4673 4 K
Ain’t black but I grew up in the hood in Brooklyn.

Like someone said. Predator mindset. I grew up side by side with my black people and lived in the same conditions and culture as my peers.

For many years I was like the only Spanish n*gga in the click. For me, I always knew I lived in fu*ked up conditions. Seen and heard of people getting k*lled since I was child. I thought that was normal life and that’s how the cookie crumbled in my world. Poverty, drugs, envy and jealousy over woman all lead to people getting k*lled. Every other block in my hood in the 90s has murals of local legends and drug dealers that got slayed. I seen them on the block with a whole bunch of fans around them when they were getting money. A week later? I see all those fans turn to mourners pouring 40oz on the floor leaving the bottles on the cement, “RIP _____ “s on the walls, candles and crates by the spot they got k*lled on.

Shot my first gun at 8yrs old and from there on out I always tried to have one. Didn’t tote guns full time until like 13-14 yrs old.

Last edited by RicanLurka; 11-26-2021 at 11:41 AM..
+6   

2 months ago '17        #18
Skratch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11589 11 K  Slaps total: 4225 4 K
Dolph situation has no effect on me simply because he’s a rapper and a street dude so his death ain’t no surprise, this is what happens to them. You put out that type of energy that’s what you get in return. As far as life And being k*lled by a gun, I just move accordingly to reduce those changes, I don’t pull up the hood/projects especially after night I don’t ride through it either. I don’t pick friends who be in that life. I see crazy stuff on the local news enough to not do this stuff.I seen ppl on the news leave a friends house and get shot just because the oops thought the friend was dude. I don’t fear police because I don’t do fu*k sh*t. I dont act a fool at night drunk. When I see f*ghts on the street I turn the other way cause some ppl will pull guns out , sometimes I’ll leave a spot if n*ggas is f*ghting cause some n*ggas return and shoot the place up, I just stay out of harms way, that’s the only way. Stay out the hood, stay out of beefs and u good. I worry more about my health than a gun.
+11   

2 months ago '14        #19
breezeus313 
Props total: 12818 12 K  Slaps total: 778 778
Idk
If it's my time then its my time
As long I can be with my family in the afterlife then Im gravy
+2   

2 months ago '20        #20
cutedrakestan 
Props total: 4724 4 K  Slaps total: 5419 5 K
 Laron Isley said
I was thinking about this today. I lost a few relatives to gun violence when I was 2 and 3. And n*ggas around me were getting shot and k*lled as long I can remember. So in the back of my mind, not getting shot and k*lled was always a focus. It affected who I chose as my friends, what type of girls I went after, when I went to hang with my friends and when I didn't.

It made me stay home on certain nights just because I felt like if I went out and got k*lled my ghost would feel like it wasn't worth it. It didn't stop me from doing things I enjoy but I think that fear protected me from doing things I probably had no business doing anyway. I probably missed out on some fun because of it though, who knows. I know it made me miss out on A LOT of pu**y. Now that I made it to my 30's the fear isn't really there but I still move smart anyway because fu*k it, I came this far. That fear also made me want to get rich but never famous. I don't wear jewelry. I keep my clothes low key etc.. And I never carried a gun. I just tried to avoid situations where I would need one. I just want somebody else to speak on this because I think it's something that we have deep within us that we never really speak on. And not to mention police officers, this fear is pretty layered

It's one thing to have enemies and avoid getting k*lled but to not have any enemies at all and still have that fear is kind of crazy when I really think about it. I said black men in the thread title but fu*k it, men in general. We probably all have that fear to some extent

Lol @ mentioning police officers. A total of 10-15 unarmed black men are k*lled by police annually. Most of those are self defense.

Thereís a 1000x greater chance of another black man k*lling me
+2   

2 months ago '10        #21
umeda  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4026 4 K  Slaps total: 593 593
All the time everyday
+4   

2 months ago '19        #22
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 59540 59 K  Slaps total: 6266 6 K
Shxt is sad AF but anybody who grew up in these big city's in America definitely has the idea of being shot in the back of their head. But the actual fear of being shot grows exponentially the closer you are in proximity to poverty.

I had some wealthy friends who knew they could get popped fxcking around in the wrong neighborhood but didn't fear it. I also had some not so well to do friends that being shot was imminent and didn't fear it.

Me personally,I didn't fear it as it was just another factor in my environment but I definitely wasn't trying to get popped. The older I got the more it affected my movements and nightlife. Eventually I just moved out of the mainland US altogether because there was a two month period where someone got every week at one of the bars, after hours spots, or pool halls I used to frequent. Felt like eventually I'd be in the crossfire myself if I didn't get TF up outta there.
+6   

2 months ago '11        #23
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 81087 81 K  Slaps total: 14649 14 K
i pray ,get my work hard check and stay out the way and i don't go out that much and i try not to look at n*ggas for more than seconds. i'm not pwussy but some dudes that's all it takes
+5   

2 months ago '19        #24
Makrich  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3333 3 K  Slaps total: 676 676
Well I haven't ever been scared of gun violence you know... o wait black men? Sorry to interrupt...

2 months ago '14        #25
Gotti Pippen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 63194 63 K  Slaps total: 2578 2 K
 Laron Isley said
It's crazy you even mentioned cancer. Because that's really your next opponent once you defeat bullets and live to be old. I'm not really scared of death but the thought of someone taking me out before my time is what really bothered me.
That was me as a teen for sure. I hooped but I did dumb sh*t I shouldn’t have. I remember getting into a f*ght at a tournament OT. I was hours away from home and them n*ggas was coming back the next day. My entire squad had my back, coaches too.

I can’t even lie, that sh*t touched me because I strictly went to that school to ball. I didn’t know anybody outside of the team before I got there. That night at the hotel I couldn’t sleep. Not because I was scared, I just felt like an idiot putting people in danger like that. Luckily they didn’t comeback because I would’ve hated to see one of those guys hurt because they were riding for me.

I 100% agree with the missed pu**y aspect lol. I’m a married man now, but this was definitely the vibe:

+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+27online now  21
[Workout] I Can't Believe How Strong She Is...
57 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+72online now  11
Jan 22 - Regina Kingís son commits suicide
212 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  6
Jan 21 - Welp 2 twelves down in Harlem early