Did Crawford vs Porter break even? How many PPVs were sold?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+118  174
85 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '21        #1
994 page views
38 comments

Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17794 17 K  Slaps total: 4636 4 K
Did Crawford vs Porter break even? How many PPVs were sold?

There are two differing reports on how many buys this ESPN+ exclusive card did. Yahoo’s Kevin Iole tweeted that the estimated buyrate was 190,000, but RingTV’s Joseph Santoliquito says it’s even lower than that at 135,000, while BoxingScene’s Keith Idec also said it didn’t reach the break-even point of 150,000.
visit this link Bloody Elbow

The 135,000 PPV figure missed the estimated break-even mark of 150,000 PPV buys. It also may speak of Crawford’s marketability as a PPV attraction.
visit this link The Ring

Being an exclusive ESPN+ PPV must have really hurt. No way this f*ght fails to crack 200k if it was on Showtime for example.
+7   

best
worst
38 comments

2 months ago '10        #2
sho 2010  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 56814 56 K  Slaps total: 23793 23 K
SB .620 #12 (+1)
That espn plus sh*t was dumb a*s hell. I was surprised fox didn’t have a broadcast. People couldn’t even get the app on TVs.

They have to make it easier for people to click on buy on the tv.
+10   

2 months ago '15        #3
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 81775 81 K  Slaps total: 7541 7 K
All these ESPN PPV's need a co-main event. They mainly kept marketing this as a one f*ght draw, I'd be tight having been on this undercard. Ball dropped heavy.
+6   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '21        #4
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @d @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @

2 months ago '06        #5
jj01 
Props total: 30185 30 K  Slaps total: 9783 9 K
Arum has always wanted bud to fail that's why he hid him on this ridiculous app that nobody would ever get. fu*k his life
+8   

2 months ago '08        #6
YOURKINGB4EVER 
Props total: 27281 27 K  Slaps total: 971 971
I believe the devils grandfather Bob Arum is behind this smear campaign to devalue Bud's future earnings since he's parted ways with Top Rank.
+6   

2 months ago '17        #7
DonC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 34631 34 K  Slaps total: 18168 18 K
Accountability guys, Bud too has to do more.

Some of you guys are talking crazy. The Bud vs Porter f*ght was not promoted well by both the promoters and the f*ghters themselves....

The f*ghters were all yummy yummy about the f*ght, zero animosity, no heavy trash talking, they both acted like 2 go along get along buddies....that was why I said the f*ght was a family friendly business f*ght. It got the exact limited amount of viewers as expected mainly because of the two f*ghters and Bud in particular.

.....he needs to start changing his boxing personality ALA "Prettyboy Floyd to Money Matweather". No one is gonna better promote you better than yourself. Rather than put in the heavy work to promote, I believe Buds camp made a friendly wink wink f*ght with Porter to make Bud look good with a sketchy KO, thinking the KO is going to boost Buds rep and marketability, especially against a f*ghter like Spence Jr.

Anyways..Bud strategically needs to start talking greasy, needs to copy a page from Floyd's playbook and really really get himself out there if he wants the big bag. We boxing fans know he is one of the best, he needs to let the casual fans and regular people get to know him. All that strictly boxing sh*t not gonna amount to much like it did for Andre Ward...Bud needs to change things up and stop relying on "promoters" only to do that!!
+13   

2 months ago '17        #8
Hi Life 
Props total: 10954 10 K  Slaps total: 1289 1 K
don't really care what it sold....I just wanted to see a great f*ght

However, I never liked that it was on espn + because for one, its a damn app lol. And I had issues trying to subscribe to that sh*t just to get the f*ght....

But I don't buy that Crawford is some "nobody". n*ggaz know who he is. All his f*ghts are sellouts & his viewership has averaged 1.2 million since he was on HBO 7 years ago. I've seen more celebs & legendary f*ghters at his f*ghts than pretty much all f*ghters

Even if it sold 250k to 300k, that still ain't numbers for no ppv star. Canelo is the only guy in boxing who can crack 1 million
+1   

2 months ago '16        #9
Homer Pimpson 
Props total: 38340 38 K  Slaps total: 7923 7 K
Bud Crawford struggling to beat washed Porter and draw any views
+3   

2 months ago '04        #10
Kaliz ChamP 
Props total: 2520 2 K  Slaps total: 455 455
Casuals worry about ppv buys. Acting like they’re getting paid by who catches the f*ght smh.
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '21        #11
 Kaliz ChamP said
Casuals worry about ppv buys. Acting like they’re getting paid by who catches the f*ght smh.
It has ramifications for seeing the f*ghts the fans want to see get made.

We wanna see Bud vs Spence.
+8   

2 months ago '17        #12
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 108416 108 K  Slaps total: 6649 6 K
 Kaliz ChamP said
It's important because it impacts how boxing cards are put together.
+6   

2 months ago '05        #13
Tha TC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 34644 34 K  Slaps total: 1726 1 K
Gotta look at the gate which is rumored to be 2.5-1.2 M I know that’s a wide margin but it’s just what’s been “floated” out there, but it’s absolute bullsh*t and obvious there’s a smear campaign on Bud and I’m a Spence fan but devils gonna devil
+3   

2 months ago '17        #14
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 108416 108 K  Slaps total: 6649 6 K
 Tha TC said
Gotta look at the gate which is rumored to be 2.5-1.2 M I know that’s a wide margin but it’s just what’s been “floated” out there, but it’s absolute bullsh*t and obvious there’s a smear campaign on Bud and I’m a Spence fan but devils gonna devil
Arum isn't finished with Bud, watch him ask Josh Taylor to move up to 147 and petition to f*ght for the WBO belt.
+4   

2 months ago '17        #15
yousabitch 
Props total: 21572 21 K  Slaps total: 6292 6 K
Eventually they will have to put main event boxing on nbc for free and have sponsors and make money off commercials. Ain’t nobody with any sense paying for f*ghts nowadays

2 months ago '09        #16
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x76
Props total: 251097 251 K  Slaps total: 27700 27 K
the espn+ mafia dont realize that these f*ghts would probably make more duckets if it counted bootleg streams
+7   

2 months ago '05        #17
 messy marv stan said
the espn+ mafia dont realize that these f*ghts would probably make more duckets if it counted bootleg streams
It’s a double dip you gotta subscribe to the app then pay for the PPV they probably lost a bunch of subs/buys with that sh*t. And I’m upset we won’t get this f*ght any time soon.
+4   

2 months ago '08        #18
YOURKINGB4EVER 
Props total: 27281 27 K  Slaps total: 971 971
 CJ Schwarz said
Arum isn't finished with Bud, watch him ask Josh Taylor to move up to 147 and petition to f*ght for the WBO belt.
Yep and don't forget

WBO = What Bob Ordered
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '21        #19
 Tha TC said
Is it all Bob?

We are gonna learn a lot based on Bud's next f*ght.
+2   

2 months ago '05        #20
 Tlatoani said
Is it all Bob?

We are gonna learn a lot based on Bud's next f*ght.
He has a lot of potential demographic he hasn’t tapped into. No hunting show appearances, fishing show appearances, nor sidelines with Nebraska football team etc. but again… Bob only cares about promoting certain f*ghters of a specific demographic and has been on record saying he doesn’t know how to market some f*ghters. The blame goes on both but more on the one purposely devaluing his best f*ghters (or now former f*ghters) earning potential
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '21        #21
 Tha TC said
He has a lot of potential demographic he hasn’t tapped into. No hunting show appearances, fishing show appearances, nor sidelines with Nebraska football team etc. but again… Bob only cares about promoting certain f*ghters of a specific demographic and has been on record saying he doesn’t know how to market some f*ghters. The blame goes on both but more on the one purposely devaluing his best f*ghters (or now former f*ghters) earning potential
And now we wait and see what Godfather Al wants.

2 months ago '05        #22
Schavez98 
Props total: 7939 7 K  Slaps total: 1403 1 K
 DonC said

Some of you guys are talking crazy. The Bud vs Porter f*ght was not promoted well by both the promoters and the f*ghters themselves....

The f*ghters were all yummy yummy about the f*ght, zero animosity, no heavy trash talking, they both acted like 2 go along get along buddies....that was why I said the f*ght was a family friendly business f*ght. It got the exact limited amount of viewers as expected mainly because of the two f*ghters and Bud in particular.

.....he needs to start changing his boxing personality ALA "Prettyboy Floyd to Money Matweather". No one is gonna better promote you better than yourself. Rather than put in the heavy work to promote, I believe Buds camp made a friendly wink wink f*ght with Porter to make Bud look good with a sketchy KO, thinking the KO is going to boost Buds rep and marketability, especially against a f*ghter like Spence Jr.

Anyways..Bud strategically needs to start talking greasy, needs to copy a page from Floyd's playbook and really really get himself out there if he wants the big bag. We boxing fans know he is one of the best, he needs to let the casual fans and regular people get to know him. All that strictly boxing sh*t not gonna amount to much like it did for Andre Ward...Bud needs to change things up and stop relying on "promoters" only to do that!!
I don’t think he has to talk greasy. But he does gotta start letting his competition know he’s gonna punch a fu*king hole in somebody’s chest. He’s got the work history to talk some destroy everyone sh*t. That seems to go along with his f*ghting personality anyway.
+4   

2 months ago '05        #23
 Tlatoani said
And now we wait and see what Godfather Al wants.
it’s not Al people should be looking out for
+1   

2 months ago '10        #24
6.Yrs 
Props total: 28150 28 K  Slaps total: 1536 1 K
 DonC said

I agree.

Dude is blessed to live in a time where self promotion is the easiest it’s ever been.

Dude need to be on everything from Tiktok to MySpace.

He should have built a strong base at home and then moved on to the major cities…

Started smashing socialites and movie star bi*ches..

Dude could have kicked Bob Arum to the curb a long time ago.

No need for a promoter to make or build hype for a f*ght nowadays really.
+1   

2 months ago '19        #25
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 33277 33 K  Slaps total: 4180 4 K
I don't even know if you can get ESPN plus f*ghts legally in Canada.

They weren't on my cables pay-per-view so I had to go illegal stream
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+72online now  30
Be careful renting financed or leased cars on TURO *Repo*
118 comments
23 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  27