Nov 24 - Workers are quitting after one shift because they know they can get a new job

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
26 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

4 days ago '07        #1
7190 page views
110 comments

yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 97634 97 K  Slaps total: 12460 12 K
Nov 24 - Workers are quitting after one shift because they know they can get a new job

visit this link https://www.businessinsid .. crunch-2021-11

A Colorado liquor-store owner says workers are quitting after one shift if they don't like it because they know they can get a new job on their lunch break

The owner of a liquor store in Fort Collins, Colorado, said he was struggling to retain workers.

It's so easy to find work that some people are leaving after one shift to go elsewhere, he said.

For the first time in years, retail workers have more bargaining power in the labor market.

The owner of a liquor store in Fort Collins, Colorado, said the labor market in the US was so competitive that retaining workers was almost an impossible task.

In an interview with the local news site the Coloradoan, Wilbur's Total Beverage owner Mat Dinsmore said people were skipping interviews or quitting after one shift if they decided they didn't like the job.

They can simply walk up Main Street and find a new job on their lunch break, he said.

"We have hired and hired, and the rate of attrition is exponentially what it's ever been," he told the Coloradoan.

"We never had problems attracting and retaining people. With the 'Great Resignation,' a lot of people were saying they didn't want to go back to customer-facing jobs," he said, citing the risks of getting COVID-19.

Wilbur's is among the retail businesses in the US that are struggling to find workers who have been put off by low pay, a lack of benefits, and pandemic health concerns, among other things.

Some are raising wages or offering perks such as free college tuition to attract workers. Others are being forced to close because they can't find enough staff.

'I was literally screaming in pain': Young women say they met Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy for s*x and it turned violent and humiliating

For the first time in years, workers have more bargaining power and the opportunity to pick and choose the best-paying or most stable jobs.

Experts say it isn't only higher wages enticing workers to enter different fields.

Other aspects, such as flexibility in working schedules, have also played a part.

"People are leaving because they're not feeling valued; they're not feeling as though when they bring something to a manager that they are being listened to, especially if it's a challenge,"
Adam Crowe, a business-development manager at Larimer County Workforce Center, which helps businesses find workers, told the Coloradoan.

"It's hard to say they need to be more empathetic because that feels like a slap in the face," he added.

"Over time, businesses will learn that lesson. Empathy has strong ties to production," he said. "If you take the time to really understand the needs, values, skills, and attributes of individual employees, they'll know how to support them in the very best way."
+56   

best
worst
110 comments

4 days ago '07        #2
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63 OP
that free market comes at you fast
+176   

4 days ago '07        #3
ya know how you hire someone new and it takes them a few weeks/months to get it all down

this is what's happening with businesses

until now, it's just been counting on people to put up with sh*t like they have no choice

now businesses need to learn 360 skills, to be the client, customer and owner in every transaction, interaction and decision

easy street is over muhfu*kaz

Last edited by yola; 11-25-2021 at 09:51 AM..
+139   

4 days ago '18        #4
Affinity 
Props total: 302 302  Slaps total: 20 20
These employers are finally getting humbled

Can't say I feel sorry for them because at one point they were demanding years of experience for household tasks that children can do.
+195   

4 days ago '20        #5
Born Bad 
Props total: 20428 20 K  Slaps total: 2489 2 K
Don't cry now your hoeness, yall tried to play people that really needed a job like yall were God's......welcome to the sh*t show bro

+127   

4 days ago '06        #6
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36663 36 K  Slaps total: 5072 5 K
Just read how the unemployment % has hit a 52 year low..

The business owners complaining no one wants to work

What’s going on
+47   

4 days ago '17        #7
DNA 
Props total: 280 280  Slaps total: 55 55
'I was literally screaming in pain': Young women say they met Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy for s*x and it turned violent and humiliating
+30   

4 days ago '19        #8
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 29262 29 K  Slaps total: 3710 3 K
Isn’t this normal?

I’ve always left jobs first week if I saw no chance of advancement or skill development
+40   

4 days ago '12        #9
Di Warlord 
Props total: 26410 26 K  Slaps total: 1546 1 K
I just got laid off earlier this week

I dun sent out close to 50 job applications since August and have only been hit up two times by recruiters/HR reps willing to set up interviews

these articles are either blowing smoke or must be talking about waiter jobs that basically anyone can get
+96   

4 days ago '07        #10

+112   

4 days ago '14        #11
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 155143 155 K  Slaps total: 35391 35 K
I been working at ups for about a month , still haven't been paid , I gave em my direct deposit and everything, but apparently I wasn't in their system until Monday, their hr said they "wired" me my last few paychecks but I still haven't got em , going to wait until tomorrow and if I don't get anything I'll quit , might switch to pepsico or sysco , their warehouse pays between 24-26 dollars and upwards of over 30 after a year, lot of options right now, atleast where I live

Last edited by strungout; 11-25-2021 at 02:04 PM..
+72   

4 days ago '11        #12
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 166428 166 K  Slaps total: 23186 23 K
 Di Warlord said
I just got laid off earlier this week

I dun sent out close to 50 job applications since August and have only been hit up two times by recruiters/HR reps willing to set up interviews

these articles are either blowing smoke or must be talking about waiter jobs that basically anyone can get
depends what type of work, those low paying dime a dozen grocery store clerk jobs are plentiful

but if you want a 401K, health benefits and $75K project manager position than you aren't finding a new job at lunch
+35   

3 days ago '09        #13
Zao 
Props total: 24024 24 K  Slaps total: 5689 5 K
It's the entry-level jobs that need workers. Not the skilled jobs. But that's not to say that you can't get yourself into a great company working at an entry-level position and work your way up. This is a great time to be thinking about switching careers and getting your foot in the door in a different industry and at a great company.

If I wasn't doing good I would switch industries from tech to something like plumbing apprentice or welding. Start off at $15 an hour with almost no experience and put in those few years of hard work and get a nice comfortable position at a good company.
+26   

3 days ago '07        #14
iTzMe!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4707 4 K  Slaps total: 605 605
This number bought to go through the roof! Booiii!

“A trillion dollars.

That's what U.S. businesses are losing every year due to voluntary turnover. And the most astounding part is that most of this damage is self-inflicted.

Here's how it breaks down for an individual organization:

The annual overall turnover rate in the U.S. in 2017 was 26.3%, based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The cost of replacing an individual employee can range from one-half to two times the employee's annual salary -- and that's a conservative estimate.
So, a 100-person organization that provides an average salary of $50,000 could have turnover and replacement costs of approximately $660,000 to $2.6 million per year.

The cost of replacing an individual employee can range from one-half to two times the employee's annual salary.“
+6   

3 days ago '16        #15
Fumo 
Props total: 4097 4 K  Slaps total: 383 383
 strungout said
I been working at ups for about a month , still haven't been paid , I gave em my direct deposit and everything, but apparently I wasn't in their system until Monday, their hr said they "wired" me my last few paychecks but I still haven't got em , going to wait until tomorrow and if I don't get anything I'll quit , might switch to pepsico or sysco , their warehouse pays between 24-26 dollars and upwards of over 30 after a year, lot of options right now, atleast where I live
Sounds like pain and suffering call a lawyer brother... smells like a law suit... apply pressure mane....
+14   

3 days ago '05        #16
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21934 21 K  Slaps total: 2026 2 K
Companies trying anything to keep people. My job now has cash incentives for showing up to work on time
+30   

3 days ago '08        #17
Skilly713 
Props total: 26441 26 K  Slaps total: 1913 1 K
I’m not even mad at people finally taking advantage of their leverage. We sh*t on this generation but they’re getting some things right.

Creating a positive financially competitive work environment and you should have no issue retaining employees.
+22   

3 days ago '17        #18
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 24721 24 K  Slaps total: 13460 13 K
sh*t always circles back around. Its a workers matket now, eventually it will shift back to the otherside.
+8   

3 days ago '19        #19
Purpleswag23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 18738 18 K  Slaps total: 3118 3 K
crypto and the lower/middle class have the country by the balls rn
+2   

3 days ago '16        #20
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 102034 102 K  Slaps total: 11326 11 K
A job aint nothin but work.
+21   

3 days ago '13        #21
King2aGod 
Props total: 24375 24 K  Slaps total: 4234 4 K
Lol @ people treating a liquor store owner like he's Mark Zuckerberg level CEO.
+31   

3 days ago '05        #22
slim_d20  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15814 15 K  Slaps total: 4791 4 K
 Affinity said
These employers are finally getting humbled

Can't say I feel sorry for them because at one point they were demanding years of experience for household tasks that children can do.
What employers?

small business?

Because medium and large business will just shift to delivery only and those same people walking out on retial jobs will be using their own cars and paying for their own insurance when they are driving doordash and ubereat delivering that same sh*t they just walked out on.

Cats think this sh*t is funny until we turn full Jetsons in this bi*ch where robot sorting and human shipping does everything and the amount of working peopel in families comes to a critical point.

I guess uinversal basic income is really coming. $2k checks every 2 months, just like earlier this year.
+9   

3 days ago '10        #23
hustlershope84 
Props total: 555 555  Slaps total: 72 72
 Sin said
depends what type of work, those low paying dime a dozen grocery store clerk jobs are plentiful

but if you want a 401K, health benefits and $75K project manager position than you aren't finding a new job at lunch
Im in industrial maintenance. I know that I can find another job by the end of the week if need be. It depends on your field.
+9   

3 days ago '19        #24
Purpleswag23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 18738 18 K  Slaps total: 3118 3 K
 zzxxccvvbb said
Isn’t this normal?

I’ve always left jobs first week if I saw no chance of advancement or skill development
It’s normal but I don’t think the rate of ppl doing this is normal.
+4   

3 days ago '18        #25
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 46880 46 K  Slaps total: 3852 3 K
 strungout said
They can make you a brand new check bro. Been too long, I don't remember exactly what they called them. Maybe a green check? But yeah, ask around and see who is the cool ft supe on your floor and ask them if they can get a green check cut for you. You should've gotten your training check at least by now. What the ft supe would do is press your personal supe to get the sh*t done. I've gone looking for my guys checks before. They really don't gaf in there. Get your money man

sh*t, you might not be in the union yet but talk to the shop steward about it too. You shouldn't have to wait this long for it. They just dubbing you. Don't let them

Last edited by BrooklynDamien; 11-25-2021 at 04:51 PM..
+16   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-35online now  10
Nov 27 - Transgender Ped0phile is transferred to a female prison and r@pes his..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  8
Article inside Kevin Hart's New Series "True Story" is FIRE. I THOUGHT KOUNTY WAYNE ..
63 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside Ebro Under Fire For Resurfaced Video Saying Singer Tinashe Is Too Light..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+67online now  6
Image(s) inside Remember when Young Money had a weak budget?
133 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy