Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City Is COOL for Hardcore Fans

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
-63  214
119 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 week ago '07        #1
1214 page views
20 comments

calle13 
Props total: 13916 13 K  Slaps total: 1635 1 K
Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City Is COOL for Hardcore Fans

Alright im not gonna make this too long but ill get straight into the point... This Movie Strictly serves as a Fan-Service.. This is a movie for fans of the franchise to geek out and see they're favorite moments & easter eggs from the game spread-out through the entire movie. Other than that you most likely won't enjoy this movie.. Therefor i Did being that im a huge fan of the Video Game Franchise..

It follows the game and yet it doesn't. It takes a lot of elements from the game and turns it into its own story. Umbrella Corporation has left Raccoon City as they fu*ked up and their virus are starting to spread all over the city. William Birkin gets contacted that he must leave the City and of course just like the game he's trying to protect his G-Virus away from anyone taking it. Claire Redfield comes back to Raccoon City after running away as an orphan to warn her brother Chris Redfield something really bad is about to happen. Virus Spreads, Typical Resident Evil BS happens. Jill, Wesker, Chris, Brad & Richard gets sent to the Spencer mansion to look for they're fellow Police-Mates. (Sorry no Rebecca Chambers or Barry Burton)

Ima Have to say HONESTLY.... The Mansion was the best part of the movie.. thats where the Horror aspect of the film remained which i genuinely loved. The RPD i didn't like it so much. And LEON ?? HOLY fu*k !! LEON S. KENNEDY... how they butchered my boy... He was legit the worst character in the film. He was the Comedic Relief. He was always bullied and made fun of in the film. And oh boy the 3rd Act was EXTREMELY RUSHED. Its like someone pushed the fast-forward button. You can tell that Sony limited they're budget big time with this film.

Wesker was a good guy till the end when its revealed that he's in the mansion to receive the G-Virus and leave everyone behind in the mansion to die. The film is a straight up John Carpenter / Wes Craven 90's Action Horrorr Style film which i think was a perfect fit. Kept giving oldschool RE1 & RE2 Vibes a long with they'r remake counter-parts. If you're a fan of the franchise you'll have fun with this movie.. It's not An Amazing Movie But it was fun and by far better than Any of the Resident Evil films (Which doesn't say much). Even tho the budget for this film Hurt the film A LOT !! And im talking about Almost Straight To DVD A lot Still FOR ME... My Fan-Head a*s gives this a 8/10 (Yes this movie will suck for many non-fans).

*SPOILERS*

• Chris & Claire use to be orphan kids that William Birkin use to run and Claire ran away due them attempting to do an experiment on her.

• Richard & Brad Vick dies of course.

• Jill k*lls Wesker when wesker was about to shoot Sherry, but then immediately apologizes & regrets it.

• The Ashford Twins are revealed (Meaning Code Veronica will happen in the Sequel if it gets one by the same team).

• Wesker k*lls Birkins but Birkins Injects himself with the G-Virus and YES he does transform into the G we all know (with the Arm and the eye on it) which i thought was cool.

• Lisa Trevor is Good and Helps Claire find the lab to umbrella (Lisa Trevor also k*lls the 1 and only Licker in the Film).

• There's only 1 Zombie Dog so... Yay for that i guess.

• POST CREDIT SCENE: Wesker wakes up and its cool because its the same menu intro from RE1 Remake where the zombie in the body bag gets up. Wesker is blind and is freaking out and Ada Wong appears gives him the Black Shades and Vuala !! We Get the Real Albert Wesker look we've been waiting for all this time. Ada tells Wesker they still have work to do (and it ends there setting up for a sequel).
+7   

best
worst
20 comments

1 week ago '04        #2
jaynat603  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9894 9 K  Slaps total: 1075 1 K
So no Mr. X, Hunk and his team?
+1   

1 week ago '21        #3
Crow42 
Props total: 1661 1 K  Slaps total: 634 634
As long as that super character who wasn’t in the game (Alice) is not in the movie

The movie should automatically be good
+7   

1 week ago '14        #4
breezeus313 
Props total: 11589 11 K  Slaps total: 719 719
They fu*ked up trying to combine two games into one film
+3   

7 days ago '07        #5
calle13  OP
 jaynat603 said
So no Mr. X, Hunk and his team?
Unfortunately... No
+1   

7 days ago '07        #6
calle13  OP
 Crow42 said
As long as that super character who wasn’t in the game (Alice) is not in the movie

The movie should automatically be good
Its WAAAAYY Better than the Alice movies. But i will say the Low-Budget in this film did hurt it a little
+2   

7 days ago '07        #7
calle13  OP
 breezeus313 said
They fu*ked up trying to combine two games into one film
Lowkey Kinda... They should've just done the Mansion alone and then the RPD for a part 2

7 days ago '05        #8
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 115285 115 K  Slaps total: 39707 39 K
So this movie doesn’t follow the previous ones? Been so long I forgot what them sh*ts was about or left off at
+2   

7 days ago '07        #9
calle13  OP
 Tha Boss said
So this movie doesn’t follow the previous ones? Been so long I forgot what them sh*ts was about or left off at
nope complete reboot that follows closer to the games
+2   

7 days ago '21        #10
JayMurdoch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17444 17 K  Slaps total: 3126 3 K
If you ask me, this is the movie they should have made on day 1. Will check it out

7 days ago '14        #11
breezeus313 
 calle13 said
Lowkey Kinda... They should've just done the Mansion alone and then the RPD for a part 2
One good movie in the mansion would have done wonders
+3   

7 days ago '07        #12
calle13  OP
 breezeus313 said
one good movie in the mansion would have done wonders
1000% !!
+1   

7 days ago '14        #13
breezeus313 
 calle13 said
1000% !!
its like hollywood executives get their cousin to put together a sh*tty script

Stars members had been sent to the forest to investigate a series of horrible crime scenes. A group of vicious dogs attack one of the STARS members, guns shots don't seem to harm dogs. Retreat to a nearby mansion.

Find out umbrella owned the mansion and has been doing experiments. As a security measure, mini emp or whatever blocks out communication temporarily.

a couple of boss f*ghts
Yawn, Neptune, and the spider

Tyrant for the last 25 min

post credit scene
Albert Wesker alive and Leon driving toward raccoon city
+1   

7 days ago '07        #14
calle13  OP
 breezeus313 said
its like hollywood executives get their cousin to put together a sh*tty script

Stars members had been sent to the forest to investigate a series of horrible crime scenes. A group of vicious dogs attack one of the STARS members, guns shots don't seem to harm dogs. Retreat to a nearby mansion.

Find out umbrella owned the mansion and has been doing experiments. As a security measure, mini emp or whatever blocks out communication temporarily.

a couple of boss f*ghts
Yawn, Neptune, and the spider

Tyrant for the last 25 min

post credit scene
Albert Wesker alive and Leon driving toward raccoon city
E X A C T L Y !!! Its that simple !! Not hard at all.. I feel like the Writer/Director was like okay.. This is my First and Maybe my only shot to make a RE Film lemme cramp in as much as i can from the original 2 Games JUST INCASE im not given the opportunity to do a sequel. Dont get me wrong by far this is not a good movie, but i Enjoyed it because im a hardcore fan of the franchise so yeah.. It did geek me out a lot. But Man.......... They could've done a movie of the Mansion Alone & It would've been perfect !!. A Good 2hr 10min Film of just the mansion would've done it justice. AND THEN have Part 2 be about Claire, Leon & Jill (connecting RE2 & RE3 Story together) Having William Birkin / Mr. X / Nemesis as the main Villains. And then from there. Post Credit Claire about to break into Umbrella's Facility Before getting Caught and Sent to Rockford Island (Code Veronica) And Boom... Ugh..... Man.. i gave this film an 8/10 but now im shrinking it down to 7/10 lol

6 days ago '15        #15
CALL AGAIN 
Props total: 21684 21 K  Slaps total: 2776 2 K
Still can’t figure it out smh tapped out 18 mins in.

6 days ago '17        #16
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 54200 54 K  Slaps total: 11704 11 K
Why do they wanna make this a movie so bad. The RE games are goofy and kitschy.

How the fu*k you think that’s gonna translate on screen.

5 days ago '21        #17
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14287 14 K  Slaps total: 3558 3 K
Hits the spot if you need the nostalgia
+1   

4 days ago '11        #18
nomorebull34 
Props total: 3004 3 K  Slaps total: 306 306
Movie was garbage made Leon like a punk can't hold his own
+4   

3 days ago '11        #19
FcukItImOnOne 
Props total: 1597 1 K  Slaps total: 203 203
For fu*ks sake why is it so hard for these dumbass mfers to get this franchise right? They got closer this time, so yes it was more enjoyable as a die hard RE fan, but it was also utter sh*t that I’ll never watch again. If they used the novelizations in addition to the games as a guide they’d have more than enough to do the first game as the first movie, second game as the second movie, etc. etc. It amazes me how Hollywood continues to fu*k up over and over and over and refuse to learn or listen to fans.

3 days ago '11        #20
FcukItImOnOne 
Props total: 1597 1 K  Slaps total: 203 203
 QdobaCasanova said
Why do they wanna make this a movie so bad. The RE games are goofy and kitschy.

How the fu*k you think that’s gonna translate on screen.
Have you not played the RE remake on GC, or the recent RE2&3 remakes? If done right these would absolutely make profitable & entertaining Hollywood films.
+2   

3 days ago '06        #21
Triple0 
Props total: 944 944  Slaps total: 338 338
If you didn't geek at the first mansion scene are you even a resident evil fan? Lol. Movie was dope. sh*tty acting. Bad cgi. Basically all the old RE cutscenes... I'm convinced that was all done on purpose. Best RE movie to date imo
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+49online now  30
Article inside Least reliable car brands
229 comments
22 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+39online now  16
What’s so special about the “Off-White” brand?
104 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+61online now  16
Video inside Kendrick really went crazy
88 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+126online now  11
Young Thug fans flood Walmart on Cleveland Ave after rumor he'd pay for everyt..
148 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy