Nov 24 - The Rise & Fall of Blockbuster- Store Locations

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
-48  144
109 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news /page 2

1 week ago '20        #1
691 page views
26 comments

OrganizedChaos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2993 2 K  Slaps total: 96 96
Nov 24 - The Rise & Fall of Blockbuster- Store Locations

+2   

best
worst
26 comments

1 week ago '18        #2
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 70243 70 K  Slaps total: 6021 6 K
Blockbuster was always sh*t to local mom and pop spots plus no pr0n come on...

1 week ago '05        #3
DatKidDex 
Props total: 1609 1 K  Slaps total: 321 321
 DUCEDUCE said
Mom and pop video rental ?? I only remember Blockbuster and Hollywood Video

1 week ago '18        #4
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 70243 70 K  Slaps total: 6021 6 K
 DatKidDex said
Your local video store
+1   

1 week ago '05        #5
DatKidDex 
 DUCEDUCE said
Your local video store
Never heard of those

1 week ago '08        #6
tdnupe3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 40605 40 K  Slaps total: 2858 2 K
Blockbuster refused to evolve, and because of that, they went extinct. It's not like the writing wasn't on the wall for a LONG TIME.

Netflix was sending movies directly to people through the mail.

Then Redbox came and allowed people to pick up the movies whenever they wanted to and were available.

Then Netflix began streaming movies.

And all that is without mentioning people that were using torrents.

Blockbuster had the most recognizable name in movie rentals and let tiny companies come in and kick their a*s. I don't feel sorry for them AT ALL.

They could have done everything netflix did, and they had the money to do it faster and better, but refused to do so.

Someone should but the rights to the name and come out with a streaming service that offers 2day rentals of movies for a small monthly fee........... oh wait..........

+9   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '17        #7
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 110025 110 K  Slaps total: 4584 4 K
 tdnupe3 said
Blockbuster refused to evolve, and because of that, they went extinct. It's not like the writing wasn't on the wall for a LONG TIME.

Then Redbox came and allowed people to pick up the movies whenever they wanted to and were available.

Blockbuster had the most recognizable name in movie rentals and let tiny companies come in and kick their a*s. I don't feel sorry for them AT ALL.

They could have done everything netflix did, and they had the money to do it faster and better, but refused to do so.

Someone should but the rights to the name and come out with a streaming service that offers 2day rentals of movies for a small monthly fee........... oh wait..........

From what I understand, whoever is behind Netflix tried selling the company to BB in 2000 and BB was like "nawl" Blockbuster should be the biggest name in streaming nowadays but they fumbled the rock.
+10   

1 week ago '06        #8
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 36759 36 K  Slaps total: 5076 5 K
 tdnupe3 said

DaQCKing said
From what I understand, whoever is behind Netflix tried selling the company to BB in 2000 and BB was like "nawl" Blockbuster should be the biggest name in streaming nowadays but they fumbled the rock.
If you watch the Blockbuster/Netflix documentary there's actually a lot of stuff that went down..

People typically blame Blockbuster but there was a lot of suspicious behavior from the execs that led to Blockbuster's downfall.

EDIT: I skimmed thru it.. I think it was Netflix v.s the World where they went into insight on the stuff Blockbuster did wrong and the weird sh*t the execs did. I also recommend to watch that documentary because it was pretty dope. It's for free on Amazon Prime.

Last edited by bigkilla; 11-24-2021 at 12:03 PM..
+6   

1 week ago '08        #9
tdnupe3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 40605 40 K  Slaps total: 2858 2 K
 DaQCKing said
Man. Do you hear me?!?!?!?!

Like how could they not see the evolution of that market?

bigkilla said
If you watch the Blockbuster/Netflix documentary there's actually a lot of stuff that went down..

People typically blame Blockbuster but there was a lot of suspicious behavior from the execs that led to Blockbuster's downfall.

EDIT: I skimmed thru it.. I think it was Netflix v.s the World where they went into insight on the stuff Blockbuster did wrong and the weird sh*t the execs did. I also recommend to watch that documentary because it was pretty dope. It's for free on Amazon Prime.
I'll definitely check it out. Thank you.
+4   

1 week ago '09        #10
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x72
Props total: 244486 244 K  Slaps total: 27088 27 K
blockbuster doomed itself by refusing to buy netflix when it had an oppurtunity to do so
+3   

1 week ago '20        #11
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 43578 43 K  Slaps total: 14709 14 K
Blockbuster is a childhood memory I will always cherish though...my dad taking me to Blockbuster every Friday to get a game and few movies for my weekend outta school...sh*t was the highlight of my week at one point in my life
+8   

7 days ago '20        #12
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41821 41 K  Slaps total: 7784 7 K
How long before Best Buy closes , i was in there about a month ago & it was packed ?

7 days ago '13        #13
jrockex 
Props total: 7899 7 K  Slaps total: 698 698
 DatKidDex said
Never heard of those
down south i think they had them

i remember visiting my brother in probably north carolina and there was a video store that rented computer games

i even asked my brother how they can even do that he said they were grandfathered in

7 days ago '08        #14
daluckychild 
Props total: 5420 5 K  Slaps total: 120 120
 DUCEDUCE said
 DatKidDex said
 jrockex said
down south i think they had them

i remember visiting my brother in probably north carolina and there was a video store that rented computer games

i even asked my brother how they can even do that he said they were grandfathered in

Here in Miami, we had this mom n pop video rental near the house. We all called him "China Man" for obvious reasons. Had a small little shop and wouldnt give us sh*t when we would sneak in the adult section to catch a quick peek at some T&A on the video boxes.

+1   

7 days ago '10        #15
GwopNation 
Props total: 489 489  Slaps total: 86 86
 Xiox said
How long before Best Buy closes , i was in there about a month ago & it was packed ?
I been thinking this for a while. They better do something. Make a phone, streaming service, partner up or something. With Amazon and walmart around you really don’t need Best Buy
+1   

7 days ago '13        #16
Ta388 
Props total: 11810 11 K  Slaps total: 1155 1 K
 tdnupe3 said

Yea Redbox actually tried to merge with Blockbuster but they declined, and after that they started to decline
+3   

7 days ago '07        #17
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 97893 97 K  Slaps total: 12532 12 K
 DatKidDex said
 DatKidDex said
Never heard of those
you really missed out

Blockbuster and Hollywood were like Burger King and indy stores were like Thanksgiving dinner

6 days ago '19        #18
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 50588 50 K  Slaps total: 8537 8 K
Blockbuster need to hire me are a project manager or consultant, The company has so much potential for a comeback and they're just wasting time not doing sh*t.

+1   

6 days ago '07        #19
iTzMe!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4708 4 K  Slaps total: 605 605
“ Netflix's growth eventually landed Hastings and co-founder Marc Randolph at a table with former Blockbuster CEO John Antioco and other top executives. While Netflix was growing its subscriber base, it was losing more than it was making, and the co-founders were eager to sell, Hastings said in the excerpt.

A member of the Netflix communications team told Newsweek that Blockbuster declined to purchase Netflix for $50 million in 2000.”

This happens more than we think. Some executives are afraid of taking on these kinds of risks because it’s something new. “Unproven” so it’s deemed high risk.

+1   

6 days ago '07        #20
 GetYaCoinsKing said
Blockbuster need to hire me are a project manager or consultant, The company has so much potential for a comeback and they're just wasting time not doing sh*t.

“ At a price tag of $320 million, Dish Network bought Blockbuster and its brand out of bankruptcy in 2011. Blockbuster still at that time had 1,700 stores, which the satellite TV company planned to use to sell its products.Nov 3, 2021”

Dish which is owned by ATT who owns Warner, etc… you are right in the come back potential.

6 days ago '07        #21
 Xiox said
They not closing anytime soon. There is a still a need for physical interaction in a brick mortar setting.

6 days ago '19        #22
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 50588 50 K  Slaps total: 8537 8 K
 iTzMe! said
“ At a price tag of $320 million, Dish Network bought Blockbuster and its brand out of bankruptcy in 2011. Blockbuster still at that time had 1,700 stores, which the satellite TV company planned to use to sell its products.Nov 3, 2021”

Dish which is owned by ATT who owns Warner, etc… you are right in the come back potential.
Smh Dish Network really thought it was a good idea to use their stores to push satellite services? Im dead, I swear these corps are clueless af.

5 days ago '04        #23
eddiefizzle 
Props total: 4346 4 K  Slaps total: 1866 1 K
 tdnupe3 said

Blockbuster had the opportunity to buy Netflix and passed on it.
+1   

4 days ago '05        #24
DatKidDex 
The ppl who slapped must have grown up in West bumbafu*k if they had mom and pop rental stores.. no real market for the big times

4 days ago '21        #25
Tinfoil Kufi 
Props total: 3916 3 K  Slaps total: 1273 1 K
 DUCEDUCE said
old a*s n*gga

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+49online now  26
Article inside Least reliable car brands
224 comments
21 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+37online now  22
What’s so special about the “Off-White” brand?
102 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+59online now  21
Video inside Kendrick really went crazy
86 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Article inside Crypto meets the real world