eToro to Delist Cardano

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
29 replies  @goodeats

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

2 months ago '07        #1
1839 page views
31 comments

iTzMe!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5534 5 K  Slaps total: 761 761
eToro to Delist Cardano

The moved surprised some users as ADA has not been typically on regulators' radars as of late.

eToro to delist Cardano by 2022 for US users due to regulatory concerns

NEWS
In a statement released to customers on Tuesday, Israeli cryptocurrency exchange eToro announced it would delist Cardano (ADA) and Tron (TRX) for United States customers by the end of the year.

After Dec. 31, U.S. users will no longer be able to open new positions in the tokens nor stake ADA and TRX. In addition, wallets will be effectively in withdraw-only mode until the first quarter of 2022, when selling will also become limited. In making the decision, eToro cited regulatory concerns surrounding both a*sets.

The move came as a surprise to some as ADA has not been traditionally a*sociated with regulatory troubles. In context, tokens like Ripple (XRP), whose creators are currently engaged in an ongoing lawsuit with the Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, as well as Monero, which is a privacy coin that some fear is easily abused for illicit purposes, are facing the brunt of regulatory scrutiny in the cryptocurrency industry.

ADA experienced a rapid price increase this year and currently ranks among the top 10 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization. During the prior quarter, Charles Hoskinson, Cardano's founder, announced a partnership with blockchain analytics provider Confirm to comply with regulatory frameworks, such as anti-money laundering directives. The move was panned by some ADA supporters, who wanted the project to take on a more decentralized nature.

Firms operating in the blockchain industry often receive intense pressure from regulators when it comes to delisting coins or pulling the plug on certain services. In Sept., Coinbase abandoned its crypto lending platform plans after the SEC threatened to sue the company. For now, however, the rise of decentralized exchanges and decentralized finance protocols have provided popular alternatives for those looking to legally bypass such crackdowns.

visit this link https://cointelegraph.com .. atory-concerns
+3   

best
worst
31 comments

2 months ago '11        #2
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 173736 173 K  Slaps total: 23727 23 K
what changed
+2   

2 months ago '08        #3
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 13397 13 K  Slaps total: 1824 1 K
They're going after everyone, but people still don't get it.

Cough cough a company told you months ago. Hint: They're in a battle with the SEC right now.
+6   

2 months ago '16        #4
Fumo 
Props total: 6053 6 K  Slaps total: 609 609
The sec trying to distract and going after everyone so then can quietly dismiss the xrp case...
+5   

2 months ago '20        #5
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 92256 92 K  Slaps total: 4587 4 K
Cardano I’ve already accepted is going with me to the grave.

I stopped expecting it to perform a while ago.

But still holding,
+17   

2 months ago '20        #6
cutedrakestan 
Props total: 4983 4 K  Slaps total: 5561 5 K
 J_Clarity13 said

Cough cough a company told you months ago. Hint: They're in a battle with the SEC right now.
They donít want people getting rich this easily. They want you to be slaves
+12   

2 months ago '08        #7
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 13397 13 K  Slaps total: 1824 1 K
 cutedrakestan said
They donít want people getting rich this easily. They want you to be slaves
Agreement
+6   

2 months ago '05        #8
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36688 36 K  Slaps total: 3998 3 K
 Gen Anti Fruit said
Cardano Iíve already accepted is going with me to the grave.

But still holding,
I only got 400 ada coins but Imma just sit on it for a few years. See what happens.

Price declining like a mawfu*ka last few days tho
+5   

2 months ago '15        #9
Hellmatic 
Props total: 48367 48 K  Slaps total: 4656 4 K
Yea this is surprising for both of these
+1   

2 months ago '16        #10
Fumo 
Cardanos a good investment but the developer is an idiot that constantly put his foot in his mouth. I've had cardano for 4yrs and only reason cardano hasn't reach 5 buck is because the developer making promises that he doesn't keep.. they need a p.r team to keep the developer from talking nonsense...

One of*main criticisms of Cardano*was that this network*did not support smart contracts*(smart contracts), after years of promising this novelty.

Now, the contracts have finally reached the project’s testing network, only possible because it is sought out by developers interested in creating decentralized applications on the network.

However, for Ethereum programmer Anthony Sassano, the first dApp that aired on*Cardano network*showed that she*it’s not safe at all.

Last edited by Fumo; 11-24-2021 at 09:40 AM..
+1   

2 months ago '17        #11
Its 
Props total: 30997 30 K  Slaps total: 2421 2 K
Buying ada like a muhfu*ka now
+6   

2 months ago '04        #12
dj_tameil 
Props total: 978 978  Slaps total: 139 139
 J_Clarity13 said

Brad Garlinghouse is about to kick the SEC in the nuts and save the entire crypto industry. Soon everybody who talked sh*t about XRP will be praising it & Ripple.
+6   

2 months ago '06        #13
whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25184 25 K  Slaps total: 1642 1 K
Is this true?

"eToro excuse was regulatory issue. Reality: "Why do I have to pay tax for my user's rewards?". (eToro run custodial staking, aka. they keep all funds and staking reward then distributing to users. Thus tax exposure.)

Action: Delisted ADA+Staking -> Relist it with individual wallets | Relist it without staking (in the name of improved wallets).

Tada! eToro does not have to pay tax for users."

-
+2   

2 months ago '16        #14
Brucebaner2 
Props total: 14634 14 K  Slaps total: 5104 5 K
Looks up Brad Garlinghouse.....
+3   

2 months ago '08        #15
YoungRay20  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 19746 19 K  Slaps total: 3152 3 K
Might flip ada for kda

2 months ago '18        #16
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 50918 50 K  Slaps total: 3981 3 K

Ada just hit my buy zone target. Lost 30% from the high. Idk about this news. Maybe just fud
+2   

2 months ago '13        #17
A Fake Creative 
Props total: 13092 13 K  Slaps total: 1759 1 K
 Fumo said
Cardanos a good investment but the developer is an idiot that constantly put his foot in his mouth. I've had cardano for 4yrs and only reason cardano hasn't reach 5 buck is because the developer making promises that he doesn't keep.. they need a p.r team to keep the developer from talking nonsense...

One of*main criticisms of Cardano*was that this network*did not support smart contracts*(smart contracts), after years of promising this novelty.

Now, the contracts have finally reached the projectís testing network, only possible because it is sought out by developers interested in creating decentralized applications on the network.

However, for Ethereum programmer Anthony Sassano, the first dApp that aired on*Cardano network*showed that she*itís not safe at all.
How is Hoskinson an idiot? Cardano Isn't a meme, a Twitter personality or a PR rollout. Stake and vote if you believe in the platform and the projects. Other than that

2 months ago '16        #18
Fumo 
 i e o k*llatofu said
How is Hoskinson an idiot? Cardano Isn't a meme, a Twitter personality or a PR rollout. Stake and vote if you believe in the platform and the projects. Other than that

Smart contract still not deployed after n*gga promised it spring 2021 after promising it for years... I've been in crypto since 2013 hold a little bit over 400k cardano. CArdano claims to be a eth k*ller but Solana , harmony, polygon are actually really k*lling ethereum.. have you used a smart contract before? Because thats what makes cardano special when it launched.. If not keep moving and let the big boys talk real crypto....

You ask why's he an idiot have you seen the n*gga have melt down on his ama? Lol
Go do research...

Last edited by Fumo; 11-24-2021 at 10:35 AM..

2 months ago '15        #19
ACBG 
Props total: 816 816  Slaps total: 127 127
 Gen Anti Fruit said
Cardano Iíve already accepted is going with me to the grave.

But still holding,
Facts Iím just waiting on a working dex then Iím selling it
+2   

2 months ago '16        #20
Fumo 
 ACBG said
Facts I’m just waiting on a working dex then I’m selling it
Already out

2 months ago '13        #21
A Fake Creative 
Props total: 13092 13 K  Slaps total: 1759 1 K
 Fumo said
Smart contract still not deployed after n*gga promised it spring 2021 after promising it for years... I've been in crypto since 2013 hold a little bit over 400k cardano. CArdano claims to be a eth k*ller but Solana , harmony, polygon are actually really k*lling ethereum.. have you used a smart contract before? Because thats what makes cardano special when it launched.. If not keep moving and let the big boys talk real crypto....

You ask why's he an idiot have you seen the n*gga have melt down on his ama? Lol
Go do research...
I just asked you what qualifies your statement of a man, who I know to be a PHD in mathematics, to in fact be an idiot. Maybe an Idiot as a CEO is a fair a*sessment but still likely the wrong application as he's not operating a "Company" so to speak. As far as why you felt the need to reference your personal Investment level or challenge my use of the blockchain I'm not sure but it's the internet, I talk my sh*t too, I get it. I personally didn't hold any Crypto or use blockchain until I became a consultant in the space a year or some change ago. And even then I spent the first year taking all my profits and learning the charts. More importantly imo I'm working with Devs to make NFT's more stylized & utilitarian, less tacky & frivolous, while improving communication between platforms and users. A lot of these initiatives are around bondly and IOG's eth-ada bridge but the principles are generally transferable to any blockchain, so I have no bias.

Hosk may be alot of things, but he has integrity and ingenuity, and that's a solid base. Congrats on ya portfolio tho and longevity in the space.Ima PM u my wallet if you wanna start a grant in ya name for upstart minority crypto capital
since you over there big ballin with the homies

2 months ago '16        #22
Fumo 
 i e o k*llatofu said
I just asked you what qualifies your statement of a man, who I know to be a PHD in mathematics, to in fact be an idiot. Maybe an Idiot as a CEO is a fair a*sessment but still likely the wrong application as he's not operating a "Company" so to speak. As far as why you felt the need to reference your personal Investment level or challenge my use of the blockchain I'm not sure but it's the internet, I talk my sh*t too, I get it. I personally didn't hold any Crypto or use blockchain until I became a consultant in the space a year or some change ago. And even then I spent the first year taking all my profits and learning the charts. More importantly imo I'm working with Devs to make NFT's more stylized & utilitarian, less tacky & frivolous, while improving communication between platforms and users. A lot of these initiatives are around bondly and IOG's eth-ada bridge but the principles are generally transferable to any blockchain, so I have no bias.

Hosk may be alot of things, but he has integrity and ingenuity, and that's a solid base. Congrats on ya portfolio tho and longevity in the space.Ima PM u my wallet if you wanna start a grant in ya name for upstart minority crypto capital
since you over there big ballin with the homies
He has out burst when questioned about cardano smart contract delays and the smart contracts failing in beta mode... he goes on rants instead of just reassuring investors... I peep ya sarcasm about big balling you can keep it over there homie...

fu*k starting minority crypto capital, I'D rather put that money to help kids back home that really need help.

Why are you cyber pan handling for grants??

Last edited by Fumo; 11-24-2021 at 11:44 AM..

2 months ago '20        #23
M4nh4tt4n 
Props total: 302 302  Slaps total: 431 431
Good. More for Cardano me to buy on sale. Delegate to PROPHET (XPPX)….

2 months ago '05        #24
champ215 
Props total: 2969 2 K  Slaps total: 316 316
EToro is so small smh..... DO you see how much they do? This made news but Cardaro was just added to bitstamp (which has alot more volume!). As I say this ADA was dropping bit time today
+3   

2 months ago '15        #25
KingKris14 
Props total: 1772 1 K  Slaps total: 383 383
Cardono been around for a while and got lapped by Solana and Dot and now Avax. Cardono appears to be all hype.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+166online now  36
Video inside Son burns Moms soul
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-21online now  27
Image(s) inside Stores Starting To Put Warning Signs On Playstation 5 Display Case
128 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
+53online now  26
Jan 27 - The worst mayor in America spells with money
142 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+296online now  13
Video inside Benny the Butcher & J. Cole - Johnny P's Caddy