Nov 12 - FDA recalls millions of Covid test kits over false results

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
47 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 months ago '05        #1
896 page views
15 comments

Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 18664 18 K  Slaps total: 6479 6 K
Nov 12 - FDA recalls millions of Covid test kits over false results

The US Food and Drug Administration has issued “the most serious type of recall” for popular home testing kits that show if one is infected with coronavirus.

At least 2.2 million products may have been showing false positives.
Some 2,212,335 kits produced by the Australian-based biotech company Ellume and distributed in the US potentially show false positive SARS-CoV-2 test results, the public health agency said in a statement on Thursday.

The FDA warned that the use of faulty kits “may cause serious adverse health consequences or death,” identifying the case as a ‘Class I recall.’

The antigen test, which detects coronavirus proteins, was authorized for emergency use by the FDA last year. It is available without a prescription for both adults and children aged two and older, and uses swab samples taken from a nose to detect if one has Covid. Some “specific lots,” manufactured between February and August this year, are now being recalled in the US, with the company saying it has worked with the authorities to voluntarily remove the affected tests from the market. The company has offered its apologies “for any stress or difficulties [customers] may have experienced because of a false positive result.”

The “higher-than-acceptable” false results, showing that a person has coronavirus when in reality they do not, have been reported to the FDA in at least 35 cases. No false negative results have been detected. However, the inaccurate diagnostic could have life-threatening consequences. A person might receive wrong or unnecessary treatment, including with antiviral and antibody therapy, and suffer additional trauma over having to isolate from family members and friends. It might also lead to people disregarding precautions, including getting vaccinated against Covid-19, the FDA has said.
visit this link https://www.rt.com/usa/54 .. e-test-recall/
+9   

best
worst
15 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8 OP
Props total: 18664 18 K  Slaps total: 6479 6 K
i wonder if Lebron used one of these kits?

2 months ago '10        #3
lltreyll 
Props total: 7378 7 K  Slaps total: 2080 2 K
What a clusterfu*k. Regardless of those kits and the inaccuracies, I dont trust the narrative that the so called "unvaccinated" are the ones that struggle with covid effects, because I had zero belief in that nonsense being the case to begin with.

And the reason has a lot to do with logic, psychology and technicality of who is considered "vaccinated".

Does only having a covid shot put anybody in that category? If so that makes no sense when only 1 shot is considered to be effective for an extremely short period of time, and it's been several months all the while covid has been changing and mutating, so consequentially that renders any benefit whatsoever that shots may have offered completely and entirely useless. Then who the fu*k gets covid shots and gets tested for covid too?

I could keep going, but I have to get to work. Thing is I dont believe the horsesh*t data that's out there that tries way too hard at glorifying shots, because from a lot of different angles it doesn't add up and makes no sense. The numbers are way too lopsided. All that upwards of 90% of unvaxxed people are who get hospitalized for covid is bullsh*t.
+10   

2 months ago '16        #4
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 128431 128 K  Slaps total: 25616 25 K
told yall mf the test was poison too

Last edited by foshoVoodoo; 12-04-2021 at 01:48 PM..

2 months ago '05        #5
TKO420 
Props total: 5113 5 K  Slaps total: 321 321
There's recalls for a sh*t ton of covid related ppe. Everything from bootleg masks to mislabeled lots medical use/non medical. Whole lotta money was wasted and made by some.
+3   

2 months ago '06        #6
d4deesnuts 
Props total: 11488 11 K  Slaps total: 1178 1 K
I’ve used the one from pixel lab before and my sh*t came out negative. Maybe I had a false negative but I did get better within a week so it is what it is.

2 months ago '07        #7
andros06 
Props total: 2618 2 K  Slaps total: 761 761
Wait til they recall the jab you took.....
+4   

2 months ago '05        #8
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 52227 52 K  Slaps total: 17561 17 K
 andros06 said
Wait til they recall the jab you took.....
They don't want to hear that though. They believe the government and our pharmaceutical companies made a perfect and error free experimental "vaccine." Ask @.
+3   

2 months ago '20        #9
Habeas Corpus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 31153 31 K  Slaps total: 6135 6 K
It's all a fraud
+1   

2 months ago '18        #10
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 50944 50 K  Slaps total: 3982 3 K
This isn't new.

this president called the fraud out. He is dead now.
+3   

2 months ago '12        #11
Flossin' Daily 
Props total: 11645 11 K  Slaps total: 1553 1 K

+3   

2 months ago '15        #12
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 81938 81 K  Slaps total: 7553 7 K
 Flossin' Daily said

Yooooo
+2   

2 months ago '20        #13
Sinful Info  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5720 5 K  Slaps total: 1249 1 K
Holla at me if you need a false postive to get out of work and work remote for two weeks. I know the process. Home kits are easy to juke.

2 months ago '20        #14
Don Ryudo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 17439 17 K  Slaps total: 13048 13 K

2 months ago '10        #15
sho 2010  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 56912 56 K  Slaps total: 23816 23 K
n*ggas really sticking a swab up they a*s and sending it in. Then getting a email 2 days later

2 months ago '20        #16
Don Ryudo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 17439 17 K  Slaps total: 13048 13 K

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+70online now  18
Video inside Wait WTF... Did Anyone Know About This Secret In Super Mario Brothers?&..
76 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+20online now  17
[Health] Green Juicing…Why you need it.
34 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-28online now  12
Image(s) inside Damn... Gamepass Caught Another Body👀
72 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+45online now  6
Skip Gets Real - Says he Obsessed w/Sports, Cant Hav Kids Wife Cant B #1&#..
175 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy