Nov 10 - Dislikes on YouTube videos to no longer be viewable by the public, only creators

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 months ago '11        #1
2527 page views
76 comments

illprem  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 4652 4 K  Slaps total: 285 285
Nov 10 - Dislikes on YouTube videos to no longer be viewable by the public, only creators

visit this link https://blog.youtube/news .. te-to-youtube/

TLDR: Dislikes on videos will only be visible to content creators, dislike button will remain, but dislikes on videos will no longer be visible to the public.

At YouTube, we strive to be a place where creators of all sizes and backgrounds can find and share their voice. To ensure that YouTube promotes respectful interactions between viewers and creators, we introduced several features and policies to improve their experience. And earlier this year, we experimented with the dislike button to see whether or not changes could help better protect our creators from harassment, and reduce dislike attacks -- where people work to drive up the number of dislikes on a creator’s videos.

As part of this experiment, viewers could still see and use the dislike button. But because the count was not visible to them, we found that they were less likely to target a video’s dislike button to drive up the count. In short, our experiment data showed a reduction in dislike attacking behavior. We also heard directly from smaller creators and those just getting started that they are unfairly targeted by this behavior — and our experiment confirmed that this does occur at a higher proportion on smaller channels.

Based on what we learned, we're making the dislike counts private across YouTube, but the dislike button is not going away. This change will start gradually rolling out today.

What’s changing for creators and viewers starting today

Creators will still be able to find their exact dislike counts in YouTube Studio, along with other existing metrics, if they would like to understand how their content is performing.

Viewers can still dislike videos to tune their recommendations and privately share feedback with creators.

We heard during the experiment that some of you have used the public dislike count to help decide whether or not to watch a video. We know that you might not agree with this decision, but we believe that this is the right thing to do for the platform.

We want to create an inclusive and respectful environment where creators have the opportunity to succeed and feel safe to express themselves. This is just one of many steps we are taking to continue to protect creators from harassment. Our work is not done, and we’ll continue to invest here.

Last edited by illprem; 11-10-2021 at 10:33 PM..
+1   

best
worst
76 comments

3 months ago '06        #2
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 38745 38 K  Slaps total: 5439 5 K
Feel like YouTube has been petty about the dislike button since their year recap videos used to get destroyed

that's corny though that they're hiding it.

They really want social media to be a fairy land where no one can dislike anything and everything is positive.

Respect to Twitter for daring to test a downvote button.

and respect to @ for letting us slap
+47   

3 months ago '09        #3
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x76
Props total: 251433 251 K  Slaps total: 27744 27 K
facebook needs a slap button....the same exact question about a light parade in my hometown gets posted at least 10 times a week
+26   

3 months ago '17        #4
Coffee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 52050 52 K  Slaps total: 11037 11 K

PATHETIC.
+14   

3 months ago '17        #5
Skratch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11628 11 K  Slaps total: 4230 4 K
What a soft society. How are we suppose to tell when someone uploads some bs video (without looking at comments)
+37   

3 months ago '12        #6
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 191591 191 K  Slaps total: 11218 11 K
Do y'all actually click those buttons on youtube? What's it do? If you click so many times do you win some sh*t or something?

I just go watch the videos I don't engage in comments with randoms or click Like - I do enough bullsh*tting like that on here.

Aside from the creator who really gives a sh*t about that? have y'all ever bought something based on the likes the youtube video had or has it ever influenced your decision more than whatever the actual video you were watching did? Like if you're watching a video about a videogame and it has a million dislikes but you actually liked what you saw in the video...Do you not buy that product cause of the little number next to the thumbs down sign?

This sh*t just seems stupid and something else for people to be fake outraged about, does anyone really give a sh*t

3 months ago '09        #7
NastyNate825 
Props total: 3279 3 K  Slaps total: 1079 1 K
Look at bidens vids on the White House channel ….. comments turned off and look at that dislike ratio things getting spooky
+24   

3 months ago '12        #8
 Skratch said
What a soft society. How are we suppose to tell when someone uploads some bs video (without looking at comments)
By commenting and telling them its bullsh*t, or better yet just not watching anything at all from them again

If you take the time to let it load so you can give it a dislike they still got traffic for that particular stream from you, but if you never go back and view their videos they don't get your like/dislike or the traffic for the view or w/e

3 months ago '18        #9
BlaqThum 
Props total: 13939 13 K  Slaps total: 862 862
 OldBusiness said
By commenting and telling them its bullsh*t, or better yet just not watching anything at all from them again

If you take the time to let it load so you can give it a dislike they still got traffic for that particular stream from you, but if you never go back and view their videos they don't get your like/dislike or the traffic for the view or w/e
It took me 10 seconds to google this.

In that 30 seconds I can look at the dislikes pause scroll the comments and if itís some straight bull shyt dislike and keep it pushing so that type of bull shyt donít pop up on my feed no moreÖ. But to each they own
+16   

3 months ago '17        #10
lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 70016 70 K  Slaps total: 6742 6 K
Corporate creators got what they want
+8   

3 months ago '12        #11
 BlaqThum said

In that 30 seconds I can look at the dislikes pause scroll the comments and if it’s some straight bull shyt dislike and keep it pushing so that type of bull shyt don’t pop up on my feed no more…. But to each they own
So you should have actually read some of the links that popped up in your search cause:

If you have a 10-minute video, a user may jump across its sections and watch 30 seconds in total, but it’s not essential for it to get counted as a view. There’s no known reason for the same.

We don’t even know if the time a video is watched is always considered for counting views. Short videos could be under 30 seconds. The one below is 11 seconds but has 6.2M views.

I took 12 seconds to google and learned that if you load the youtube page, and not watch it through a third party site - then once the video loads regardless of if its been 30 seconds or not its counted as a view. The 30 second rule you posted applies to when it's hosted on an external site or app.

In fact youtube doesn't publicly state what their algorithm is since they don't want people to figure it out:
YouTube doesn’t mention how it counts organic views on their engagement metrics, channel performance, or other support pages. Indeed YouTube Help rather mentions: “Keep in mind that we’re constantly validating and adjusting engagement events.”
So yeah back to my original question since your answer had nothing to do with it....Do you n*ggas really go by the number by the little thumbs down or the content in the got damn videos, and do you really waste time engaging in that sh*t...do you really care?

Atleast you sounded like a smart a*s bro

P.S. If you loaded the video via youtube.com and not some external site they still got your view, they don't care about the thumbs down

3 months ago '20        #12
Habeas Corpus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 31079 31 K  Slaps total: 6130 6 K

+9   

3 months ago '21        #13
Ltg 
Props total: 601 601  Slaps total: 37 37
Imma start disliking sh*t now out of spite . This the same soft a*s weak sh*t that k*lled Netflix rating algorithm.
+12   

3 months ago '18        #14
BlaqThum 
Props total: 13939 13 K  Slaps total: 862 862
 OldBusiness said
So you should have actually read some of the links that popped up in your search cause:

I took 12 seconds to google and learned that if you load the youtube page, and not watch it through a third party site - then once the video loads regardless of if its been 30 seconds or not its counted as a view. The 30 second rule you posted applies to when it's hosted on an external site or app.

In fact youtube doesn't publicly state what their algorithm is since they don't want people to figure it out:

So yeah back to my original question since your answer had nothing to do with it....Do you n*ggas really go by the number by the little thumbs down or the content in the got damn videos, and do you really waste time engaging in that sh*t...do you really care?

Atleast you sounded like a smart a*s bro

P.S. If you loaded the video via youtube.com and not some external site they still got your view, they don't care about the thumbs down

Use your critical thinking…on top of having to meet YouTube requirements for subscriber count hours uploaded and other things… ppl putting out bull shyt videos with lots of dislikes and no subscribers means no bread so that one off shyt you posted doesn’t get across any point other than that’s why the dislike button is valuable. So your feed won’t end up with shyt u don’t care for and like I said before to each his own but for my attention I’m looking for quality content not clicc bait bullshyt.
+1   

3 months ago '12        #15
 BlaqThum said

Use your critical thinkingÖon top of having to meet YouTube requirements for subscriber count hours uploaded and other thingsÖ ppl putting out bull shyt videos with lots of dislikes and no subscribers means no bread so that one off shyt you posted doesnít get across any point other than thatís why the dislike button is valuable. So your feed wonít end up with shyt u donít care for and like I said before to each his own but for my attention Iím looking for quality content not clicc bait bullshyt.
You literally posted youtube being vague about how they don't share that information but we should just trust em and it doesn't explain how they actually count a view, and one of the third party marketing sites(Your source is hurrdat marketing.com or some sh*t) that I actually quoted some of my info off of.

I don't think you understand I figured out what you googled bruh, we're looking at the same articles

Remember when you made this post before in the thread:
 BlaqThum said

In that 30 seconds I can look at the dislikes pause scroll the comments and if itís some straight bull shyt dislike and keep it pushing so that type of bull shyt donít pop up on my feed no moreÖ. But to each they own
???

Im looking at the same results my n*gga, and none of them know for sure - stop trying to pass it off like you discovered something worthwhile . Once again I asked does the content of the video matter more or do the likes/dislikes

Your source is literally a site trying to sell youtube views to gullible people and fake a*s E-Marketing

You do understand that a dislike is still a form of engagement + a view while just not clicking that sh*t ever again is a better way to not contribute...right?

And you don't have to click dislike to have it not show up in your feed, there's a got damn button for that - sorta watching a video and clicking dislike doesn't stop related videos or similar videos from showing up in your feed, but this does(I learned this after clicking on some tekashi rap video one of you n*ggas posted) :

Youre trying to school me on youtube and I think I know more about it than you do

Last edited by OldBusiness; 11-11-2021 at 01:23 AM..
+3   

3 months ago '05        #16
carden2 
Props total: 8282 8 K  Slaps total: 1410 1 K
it's wild like on one hand the world would be great with more regard to feelings and kindness but on the other hand i feel like it k*lls the ability to know how to survive. do we need an easier world or a harder world. iono.
+5   

3 months ago '21        #17
Linas Kleiza 
Props total: 14154 14 K  Slaps total: 9180 9 K
Sounds like Google is bored again. YouTube has no competition yet those idiots are always changing something that doesn't make the site any better.

They need to work on that terrible algorithm and recommendations. You watch one video and all of sudden your entire YouTube page is filled with bullsh*t that you don't care about
+9   

3 months ago '15        #18
7daytheory 
Props total: 1831 1 K  Slaps total: 1046 1 K
 lucifershammer said
Corporate creators got what they want
The biden admin you mean? LMAO
+2   

3 months ago '18        #19
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 37925 37 K  Slaps total: 2763 2 K
They removed the ability to check a trolls channel during live chats a while back. Garbage changes being made.
+2   

3 months ago '06        #20
composure23 
Props total: 1913 1 K  Slaps total: 185 185
That feature makes sense. They're trying something at least. They know they're dealing with crazy people.

3 months ago '20        #21
Uncle Kool Aid 
Props total: 3582 3 K  Slaps total: 1262 1 K
 OldBusiness said
Do y'all actually click those buttons on youtube? What's it do? If you click so many times do you win some sh*t or something?

I just go watch the videos I don't engage in comments with randoms or click Like - I do enough bullsh*tting like that on here.

Aside from the creator who really gives a sh*t about that? have y'all ever bought something based on the likes the youtube video had or has it ever influenced your decision more than whatever the actual video you were watching did? Like if you're watching a video about a videogame and it has a million dislikes but you actually liked what you saw in the video...Do you not buy that product cause of the little number next to the thumbs down sign?

This sh*t just seems stupid and something else for people to be fake outraged about, does anyone really give a sh*t
+3   

3 months ago '15        #22
CALL AGAIN 
Props total: 23262 23 K  Slaps total: 2933 2 K
fu*k youtube. I am still pissed when my channel got splintered in two when they forced groups on everyone. Only to abanfon the sh*t a year or two later.

Someone said it was because biden. I looked at the white house youtube and it is grossly depressing. Comments lovked hella dislikes and the mother fu*ker has hardcoded subs when he talks. Does this even matter tho? Isn’t it just gonna be the same sh*t they do in tweeter? ‘Get ratio’d’

3 months ago '13        #23
jrockex 
Props total: 8961 8 K  Slaps total: 749 749
 OldBusiness said

if i go into a video about something and there are 33% downvotes it tells me to stop watching the video because it doesnt have the answer im looking for

and that can apply to a lot of topics
+3   

3 months ago '12        #24
 jrockex said
if i go into a video about something and there are 33% downvotes it tells me to stop watching the video because it doesnt have the answer im looking for

and that can apply to a lot of topics
Thank you for the straight answer fam.

And I guess thats where my disconnect is happening, because whenever im actually on youtube or using the app it's a targeted search - I typically only go on there to watch what I'm actually interested in watching - and I never click the buttons(I pretty much only subscribe to a few homies pages) and the only time I see random sh*t is when its posted by folks here and embedded in the threads(And I dont think you can see like/dislikes when that happens). So I personally never interact with the buttons or judge the content in that way.

If I'm on youtube.com watching a video its because I specifically looked for that video, its too much dumb sh*t on there for me to go randomly surfing.

Its like watching TV...I'm never going to turn the channel to some sh*t I have no interest in watching like say...The Country Music channel..I literally point the remote towards what I actually want to watch, I do the same thing with the mouse on youtube. Browsing my youtube history about 60% of it is Reuters for news or documentaries I searched for, about 20% of it is music videos for songs I wanted to hear at that moment or videos I wanted to see, and the other 20% are movie/videogame trailers

Are people out there really watching random a*s videos they have no interest in at first with the intention of upvoting or downvoting them? ...This all just sounds weird to me like when I used to see random usernames under worldstar videos commenting/mixed in with the bots

3 months ago '13        #25
jrockex 
Props total: 8961 8 K  Slaps total: 749 749
 OldBusiness said
Thank you for the straight answer fam.

And I guess thats where my disconnect is happening, because whenever im actually on youtube or using the app it's a targeted search - I typically only go on there to watch what I'm actually interested in watching - and I never click the buttons(I pretty much only subscribe to a few homies pages) and the only time I see random sh*t is when its posted by folks here and embedded in the threads(And I dont think you can see like/dislikes when that happens). So I personally never interact with the buttons or judge the content in that way.

If I'm on youtube.com watching a video its because I specifically looked for that video, its too much dumb sh*t on there for me to go randomly surfing.

Its like watching TV...I'm never going to turn the channel to some sh*t I have no interest in watching like say...The Country Music channel..I literally point the remote towards what I actually want to watch, I do the same thing with the mouse on youtube. Browsing my youtube history about 60% of it is Reuters for news or documentaries I searched for, about 20% of it is music videos for songs I wanted to hear at that moment or videos I wanted to see, and the other 20% are movie/videogame trailers

Are people out there really watching random a*s videos they have no interest in at first with the intention of upvoting or downvoting them? ...This all just sounds weird to me like when I used to see random usernames under worldstar videos commenting/mixed in with the bots
i see what you are saying

especially nowadays, i just watch what i was looking for. years back it used to seem like you discovered things on youtube but not anymore
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+16online now  20
Article inside IMF Tells El Salvador to Drop Bitcoin as Legal Tender
63 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+207online now  19
Video inside Be Careful What You Ask For
65 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+77online now  15
Kelce ignores the call play and tell Mahomes that hes running his own rout..
83 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+45online now  11
NY Times Article on Alpo: He Was in Witness Protection, But His Harlem Life Ke..
153 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy