NETGEAR NBK752 Orbi 5G WiFi 6 Mesh System should terrify ISP monopolies

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
27 replies  @gear

most viewed right now
157 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 months ago '15        #1
6460 page views
34 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x193
Props total: 156009 156 K  Slaps total: 18928 18 K
NETGEAR NBK752 Orbi 5G WiFi 6 Mesh System should terrify ISP monopolies

When it comes to broadband internet, many parts of the USA are forced to use just one ISP as that is the only option. Sadly, whoever controls the wires that run into the homes has all the power. Even worse, in some rural areas, there are no wires going to homes, making broadband an impossibility. A local ISP may even ask you to shell out many thousands of dollars to cover the cost of running the cables from the street to your home.

Thankfully, 5G wireless can change all of this. Monopolistic companies that run wired ISPs have a current stranglehold, but that is coming to an end. Soon, 5G connectivity will be so ubiquitous, that it can serve not just as your smartphone's mobile internet, but your home's main internet too! Today, NETGEAR unveils a new networking solution to transform a 5G (or 4G LTE) wireless signal into whole-home Wi-Fi. The Orbi 5G WiFi 6 Mesh System (model number NBK752) even utilizes tri-band Wi-Fi!

"The Orbi NBK752 mesh system blankets an entire home (up to 5,000 sq. ft.) in Wi-Fi -- regardless of the structure, whether a brick townhouse in the city or a sprawling house in a rural area -- while tri-band Wi-Fi ensures a dedicated Wi-Fi connection between the router and satellites to deliver unrelenting speeds, no matter how many devices are connected at the same time. And getting access to a 5G network is easy as it works with most major mobile service providers, including T-Mobile and AT&T," says NETGEAR.

The company adds, "With 5G coverage now more widely available from mobile carriers, ultra-high-speed Internet is becoming more accessible every day. The new Orbi NBK752 mesh system can be used for always-on broadband, whether as a primary Internet connection or as 'failover' backup when wired Internet services fail. Its flexibility is ideal for second or vacation homes, temporary worksites or anywhere wired Internet service is not required year-round."

NETGEAR shares specifications below.

4G LTE Bands: B2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 14, 25, 26, 29, 30, 41, 48, 66, 71
5G Bands: n2, n5, n25, n41, n48, n66, n71, n77
Beamforming : Implicit & Explicit Beamforming for 2.4GHz & 5GHz bands MU-MIMO capable for simultaneous data streaming to multiple devices
Processor: Powerful Quad-Core 1.4GHz processor
Ports (Orbi 5G LTE Router): Two (2) 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, One (1) 1Gbps Gigabit Ethernet WAN port
Ports (Orbi Satellite): Two (2) 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
Router Memory: 512MB NAND Flash and 1GB RAM
Security: Comprehensive anti-virus & data theft protection for your PC, Mac and mobile devices with NETGEAR Armor. Standards-based WiFi Security (802.11i, 128-bit AES encryption with PSK)

image image

The NBK752 Orbi 5G WiFi 6 Mesh System can visit this link be pre-ordered from NETGEAR directly here now. The company is asking a fairly hefty $1,099, and for that price you get one router and one satellite access point. Additional satellites currently cost $199.99. It should begin shipping on November 18, 2021.

visit this link https://betanews.com/2021 .. 6-mesh-nbk752/
+8   

best
worst
34 comments

3 months ago '20        #2
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 48185 48 K  Slaps total: 8817 8 K
How so it's just a wifi mesh , you will still need an ISP for internet
+12   

3 months ago '20        #3
Moogie Johnson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9133 9 K  Slaps total: 2000 2 K
Verizon ran the wires all the way from “the hub” to my dead end street and I was the first customer on my street. Now there’s one other person on my street who has Verizon, I only know cause I lost my cable and internet after a rain storm over the summer and the line worker/tech came to my home and told me.

It was on the weekend and the guy was absolutely bullsh*t at his female foreman cause she wouldn’t authorize an emergency repair crew to fix it on the weekend cause it only affected me and one other house.

Then the Chinese restaurant on the Main Street that abuts my house opened up at like 6PM that night and they were Bullsh*t cause there was a big UFC f*ght that night and the emergency crew came out and finally fixed it.

Moral of the story woman shouldn’t be in positions of authority and making decisions
+18   

3 months ago '15        #4
majorpain1963 
Props total: 12205 12 K  Slaps total: 1309 1 K
 Xiox said
It has a 5G antenna in it. You'll need a data plan from a carrier though but not necessarily a typical broadband line.
+4   

3 months ago '06        #5
Be Easy 
Props total: 18011 18 K  Slaps total: 2159 2 K
do I need an extra line on my phone plan tho?

3 months ago '20        #6
 majorpain1963 said
It has a 5G antenna in it. You'll need a data plan from a carrier though but not necessarily a typical broadband line.
Tmobile has a 5g internet thing going on
+2   

3 months ago '15        #7
majorpain1963 
 Be Easy said
do I need an extra line on my phone plan tho?
No. The device will need a data plan. It turns into a 5G hub. In rural areas it's hard to get cable or fiber services. This could give people in those situations access up high speed internet for all devices in their house.
+2   

3 months ago '15        #8
majorpain1963 
 Xiox said
Tmobile has a 5g internet thing going on
Lol not sure what you're talking about?

3 months ago '06        #9
Be Easy 
 majorpain1963 said
No. The device will need a data plan. It turns into a 5G hub. In rural areas it's hard to get cable or fiber services. This could give people in those situations access up high speed internet for all devices in their house.
It needs a sim tho

and I donít think iPhones have em

or you simply canít take it out

3 months ago '16        #10
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 15252 15 K  Slaps total: 10072 10 K
 Xiox said
You are fu*king dumb as fu*k! Learn how top read! fu*king unbelievable lol
+2   

3 months ago '16        #11
TrapInBriks11 
Props total: 2946 2 K  Slaps total: 259 259
 Be Easy said
It needs a sim tho

and I donít think iPhones have em

or you simply canít take it out
They do have sims and you can take them out but you lose service on the device itself, might as well have a separate sim to use on the router.

3 months ago '16        #12
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 15252 15 K  Slaps total: 10072 10 K
 majorpain1963 said
Lol not sure what you're talking about?
T-Mobile has this already. I have it

3 months ago '14        #13
breezeus313 
Props total: 12832 12 K  Slaps total: 781 781
 Itsjustmefools said
T-Mobile has this already. I have it
Tmobile lol That's bullsh*t service
Verizon is where it at
+1   

3 months ago '06        #14
Be Easy 
 TrapInBriks11 said
They do have sims and you can take them out but you lose service on the device itself, might as well have a separate sim to use on the router.
yeah, you need another line for that unless Iím missing something

3 months ago '21        #15
mypostmakesense  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 6769 6 K  Slaps total: 529 529
 Xiox said
These take sim cards. You can use anyone you like.
+1   

3 months ago '06        #16
ArseneLupin 
Props total: 1841 1 K  Slaps total: 398 398
yea you can get service from Tmobile, Verizon and ATT to support it but there is downside...normally those plans have data caps

Use of netflix, youtube, etc will eat that data up quick and who knows, they might drop you down to 4G and slower connection
+4   

3 months ago '15        #17
majorpain1963 
 Be Easy said
yeah, you need another line for that unless Iím missing something
This isn't intended for you to use your phone SIM.

This is to get high speed internet service into a home that doesn't have traditional means like fiber, cable etc. from a carrier.

You buy this, activate a data plan and SIM from a carrier and now you have internet service. Similar to a hot spot but better coverage and connection for a home.
+2   

3 months ago '15        #18
majorpain1963 
 ArseneLupin said
yea you can get service from Tmobile, Verizon and ATT to support it but there is downside...normally those plans have data caps

Use of netflix, youtube, etc will eat that data up quick and who knows, they might drop you down to 4G and slower connection
Yep. I suspect they will start offering an extra option to uncap the plan.

3 months ago '20        #19
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10298 10 K  Slaps total: 1490 1 K
I thought 5G was the causes of corona?
+1   

3 months ago '06        #20
Be Easy 
 majorpain1963 said
This isn't intended for you to use your phone SIM.

This is to get high speed internet service into a home that doesn't have traditional means like fiber, cable etc. from a carrier.

You buy this, activate a data plan and SIM from a carrier and now you have internet service. Similar to a hot spot but better coverage and connection for a home.
nah I get it, Iím just essentially saying itís an additional fee from your carrier

itís only worth it if itís cheaper than your existing internet or if you donít have access to traditional net

3 months ago '15        #21
storyboutdamans 
Props total: 1185 1 K  Slaps total: 531 531
So basically OP thought phone companies don’t fall under ISP. They’re not conventional ISP’s but in this case, still providing internet at just as high of a cost, especially if you want similar performance. Nice try tho OP

3 months ago '20        #22
 Bighempin said
I thought 5G was the causes of corona?
Only teabaggers believe the bs
+1   

3 months ago '12        #23
King Jaffy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5245 5 K  Slaps total: 461 461
Y'all know how those cell towers get connections right? Most of em lease fiber out through the ISPs network. its a large interconnected system from all the companies.
+1   

3 months ago '18        #24
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 37737 37 K  Slaps total: 2756 2 K
Lag expected.

3 months ago '06        #25
whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 24857 24 K  Slaps total: 1627 1 K
I guess it would be an option for those that can't get Starlink yet.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+97online now  23
Article inside From now on here when people respond with ďBuy The DipĒÖ
112 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+45online now  9
[Workout] I Can't Believe How Strong She Is...
83 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+54online now  8
Dude was minding his own business working out with his girl and then this happ..
220 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+114online now  6
Video inside He quit LMFAO. IM WEAK!
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy