Who is the better Technical/Lyricist rapper .... Joe Budden or Jadakiss?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+28  98
25 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

Joe Budden 29 41.43%
Jadakiss 41 58.57%
Voters: 70.   (BX member poll)

1 month ago '07        #1
1653 page views
62 comments

Jae_Mike  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4198 4 K  Slaps total: 609 609

Hip Hop heads come Hither....

#RonvsJon

Was having a debate in a group chat. Who's the better Technical MC between Joe Budden and Jadakiss

Example of Technica/l Lyrical skill

Flow, multisyllabic, double entendres, wordplay, story telling, vocabulary, concepts

AKA Checking boxes

best
worst
62 comments

1 month ago '15        #2
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 32777 32 K  Slaps total: 8828 8 K
Man just like the fu*king music. You have to compare every fu*king thing
+11   

1 month ago '07        #3
Jae_Mike  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 gemini8686 said
I like the music but hip hop is a competitive sport
+3   

1 month ago '15        #4
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 32777 32 K  Slaps total: 8828 8 K
 Jae_Mike said
I like the music but hip hop is a competitive sport
No it’s not. It’s become an excuse for crab in the barrel mentality. You really listen to a song and think who’s better? That’s retarded.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '20        #5
Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 43310 43 K  Slaps total: 13800 13 K
Joe Budden
+4   

1 month ago '19        #6
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 33743 33 K  Slaps total: 4492 4 K
damn good question because it's pretty even...

but this is a 2 part question....better emcee and better lyricist...I a*sume by technical, u just mean not taking into account career, image, etc...just skills.

I think Joe overall edges him out for lyricist...it's pretty close, but I think Joey's a better storyteller, got entendres for days, and rhymes on a wider variety of things...

I think Jada's the better emcee...his flow, voice, delivery, and performance are better than Joe's imo, and that combo beats the edge Joe has on him with lyrics...and i'm a lyrics-first fan...but while both comparisons are close, I think Jada's closer to Joe in lyrics than Joe is to him on the emcee aspects I mentioned.

Good thread, OP.
+4   

1 month ago '19        #7
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 33743 33 K  Slaps total: 4492 4 K
 gemini8686 said
it's a hip hop forum bruh, relaaax lol

this thread topic is more relevant to this area than at least 80% of the sh*t on the first page...
+12   

1 month ago '19        #8
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 51199 51 K  Slaps total: 5250 5 K
Kiss is nicer than Joe, has a better voice, seems more relatable, and checks every box. I don't even think this could be argued fairly just off the strength that Kiss is just that nice and has is a rare personality. There's artists that took Joe's style and ran with it. Kiss is one of a kind so you're not gonna get a fair unbiased poll. You're gonna get nxggas that like Kiss voting for him and contrarians voting for Joe. Not many will be objective.

All that being said I might have to edge that to Joe just based off the fact that he told mad stories with mad punches and concepts. That nxggas was really trying to be a rapper rapper. His biggest problem was being himself in front of the public. Nxggas would rather believe a fairytale than know they favorite rapper is a corny mfer.
+3   

1 month ago '07        #9
 gemini8686 said
No it’s not. It’s become an excuse for crab in the barrel mentality. You really listen to a song and think who’s better? That’s retarded.
If they all on the same track... Also versus exists also bro

1 month ago '07        #10
 aaf192020 said
Kiss is nicer than Joe, has a better voice, seems more relatable, and checks every box. I don't even think this could be argued fairly just off the strength that Kiss is just that nice and has is a rare personality. There's artists that took Joe's style and ran with it. Kiss is one of a kind so you're not gonna get a fair unbiased poll. You're gonna get nxggas that like Kiss voting for him and contrarians voting for Joe. Not many will be objective.

All that being said I might have to edge that to Joe just based off the fact that he told mad stories with mad punches and concepts. That nxggas was really trying to be a rapper rapper. His biggest problem was being himself in front of the public. Nxggas would rather believe a fairytale than know they favorite rapper is a corny mfer.
Thank you brah Joe don't get a fair shake fa real his personality outside of rap k*lled his career. That's a deep a*s response preciate you playboy
+1   

1 month ago '16        #11
AgentOrange 
Props total: 11585 11 K  Slaps total: 2470 2 K
Only a Joe budden stan would ask this question. Most jada fans never heard joe. Most joe fans know Jada.
+1   

1 month ago '07        #12
 AgentOrange said
Only a Joe budden stan would ask this question. Most jada fans never heard joe. Most joe fans know Jada.
True not a Stan, but as a listener of both... Joe checks more boxes

1 month ago '19        #13
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 51199 51 K  Slaps total: 5250 5 K
 Jae_Mike said
Thank you brah Joe don't get a fair shake fa real his personality outside of rap k*lled his career. That's a deep a*s response preciate you playboy
I'm more of a fan of Joe as a person more than a rapper. Knowing his story on and off wax and how consistent he's been with sharing real life shxt.... He gets props from me.

Don't get me wrong Kiss is my guy but I really don't know one thing he's been through personally (haven't heard his latest album though) that he's shared on a record. That's a lot of raps to write without really addressing your own personal pain. Part of being a successful MC is allowing your fans to go on that journey with you. Just my two cents.
+3   

1 month ago '20        #14
The corrector  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10701 10 K  Slaps total: 2277 2 K
Budden

But like Kiss a lot more

1 month ago '06        #15
Badnewz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 112152 112 K  Slaps total: 1598 1 K

+2   

1 month ago '11        #16
apexape 
Props total: 2149 2 K  Slaps total: 536 536
anyone whos ay kiss hasn't listened carefully to budden
+2   

1 month ago '17        #17
92baby 
Props total: 88181 88 K  Slaps total: 11528 11 K
 gemini8686 said
It’s a competitive sport

You don’t have to be crab in a barrel

Great rappers can co exist

It’s all opinion and taste at the end of the day like sports
+2   

1 month ago '13        #18
PyrexVisionary  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x34
Props total: 37841 37 K  Slaps total: 4394 4 K
Actually Kiss is more technical and Joe is more lyrical. With that said Kiss > Joe however Joe low key has been more impactful ©️ Drake. Joe suffered from a horrible voice, horrible beats, horrible mix & mastering, horrible team, not having an A&R, was too early as an emo rapper during Hip Hops peak gangster rap era ie 50 & G-Unit while Kiss has one of the most legendary rap voices, had great timing as he came out right after Big died after being under him, char a team in Ruff Ryders as mgmt & Lox as a group, was on Bad Boy, Def Jam & Interscope where he had the cream of the crop a&r’s, engineers & producers so along with his talent he had all the ingredients to be a legend which he became even though I think he still fell short of what he should’ve been.

Last edited by PyrexVisionary; 10-27-2021 at 08:15 PM..
+3   

1 month ago '06        #19
jj01 
Props total: 28784 28 K  Slaps total: 9525 9 K
mouse

but jada is no slouch. he just has him on delivery and flow. but bar for bar its joe
+2   

1 month ago '17        #20
Thegreatiandi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28019 28 K  Slaps total: 2343 2 K
Love both, but this is Joey's.

Real sh*t...just because the Lox ( really Jada ) dismantled a p*ss poor Dipset who forgot they barz don't mean Jada doing Joey dirty.

Like I said, love them both, but this goes to Buddens. He checks all the boxes three songs into any album most times.

Last edited by Thegreatiandi; 10-27-2021 at 09:30 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '14        #21
K Robinson 
Props total: 8267 8 K  Slaps total: 2125 2 K
 gemini8686 said
I agree but since every rapper rhyming about how they the best and no other rappers could fu*k with them it's fair game

+2   

1 month ago '20        #22
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 78418 78 K  Slaps total: 4071 4 K
Joe is a better lyricist

But Jada makes better music
+1   

1 month ago '18        #23
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 48944 48 K  Slaps total: 2664 2 K
Joey is more thoughtful
+1   

1 month ago '15        #24
MULVTTX 
Props total: 14158 14 K  Slaps total: 1078 1 K
 PyrexVisionary said
Actually Kiss is more technical and Joe is more lyrical. With that said Kiss > Joe however Joe low key has been more impactful ©️ Drake. Joe suffered from a horrible voice, horrible beats, horrible mix & mastering, horrible team, not having an A&R, was too early as an emo rapper during Hip Hops peak gangster rap era ie 50 & G-Unit while Kiss has one of the most legendary rap voices, had great timing as he came out right after Big died after being under him, char a team in Ruff Ryders as mgmt & Lox as a group, was on Bad Boy, Def Jam & Interscope where he had the cream of the crop a&r’s, engineers & producers so along with his talent he had all the ingredients to be a legend which he became even though I think he still fell short of what he should’ve been.
Perfectly put
+2   

1 month ago '04        #25
Cutty Olds 
Props total: 19944 19 K  Slaps total: 1659 1 K
Joey is by far the better story teller

Punchlines I’d give to Jada

I prefer Jada’s delivery more and I think Jada writes the better songs even though Joey has the more well rounded subject matter

I’m a roll with Kiss...
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  23
Article inside George R.R. Martin Was Worried About Where ‘GoT’ Was Headed As Early ..
58 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+216online now  22
Image(s) inside I took edibles for the first time and i thought i died
246 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+91online now  16
Video inside It's HAPPENING