Oct 27 - Unvaccinated NYPD cops must get jab to get paid, judge rules

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '04        #1
4239 page views
157 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 20956 20 K  Slaps total: 2195 2 K
Oct 27 - Unvaccinated NYPD cops must get jab to get paid, judge rules

A Staten Island judge on Wednesday shot down a last-ditch attempt by the NYPD’s largest police union to f*ght the city’s mandate ordering cops to get jabbed this week.

Richmond County Supreme Court Judge Lizette Colon ruled that Mayor Bill de Blasio can enforce his COVID-19 vaccine mandate that requires all city workers, including members of the NYPD, to get their first dose by Friday 5 p.m. — or else be placed on unpaid leave.

Police Commissioner Dermot Shea pleaded — again — with cops in a new video to the police force to get the jab by Friday but said Monday is when the mandate will officially go into effect.

“On Monday, when this thing starts being enforced, and if you’re not vaccinated, no pay and you won’t be able to work,” Shea said in the video obtained by The Post. “I don’t think anyone wants that to happen … We need you out there. Please take advantage of the next few days and get vaccinated.”

Shea added if unvaccinated cops are scheduled to work over the weekend, they should still show up for their shifts.

Just over 73 percent of the department’s workforce, which includes nearly 35,000 uniformed officers and just under 18,000 civilian employees, have been vaccinated as of Tuesday, with hundreds more having lined up to get the jab since.

The Police Benevolent a*sociation filed its lawsuit in Richmond County Supreme Court Monday, seeking a temporary restraining order in the enforcement of the mayor’s executive order on vaccines, which is in line with city school staffers.

The union argued the vaccine-or-test policy was working just fine, but Colon ruled after a hearing Wednesday the mayor had the power to roll out stricter vaccine policies.

The union’s president said in a statement, “The PBA will continue to f*ght the f*ght and will immediately appeal this ruling, but New Yorkers should know who to blame for any shortfall in city services: Mayor Bill de Blasio, Police Commissioner Shea and the other bureaucrats who are putting politics before public health and public safety.”

“Today’s ruling sets the city up for a real crisis. The haphazard rollout of this mandate has created chaos in the NYPD.”

The NYPD has struggled to get its vaccination rate up over the last 10 months despite being allowed to jump the line early to get inoculated against the deadly virus.

One of the biggest upticks in the department’s vaccination rate came late in the summer as the department enacted stricter masking policies for unvaxxed cops and when nearly 5,000 school safety police officers were mandated to get the jab.

COVID-19 has led to the deaths of 63 members of service.

The virus has been the leading cause of death for law enforcement nationwide since its onset last year.

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/1 .. d-judge-rules/
+2   

best
worst
157 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
wesleypipes 
Props total: 25452 25 K  Slaps total: 3559 3 K
Goodbye new york you know they aint taking that sh*t
+12   

1 month ago '17        #3
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 190522 190 K  Slaps total: 14091 14 K
Sucks for the New York pricks and d*cks.

+8   

1 month ago '18        #4
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 70483 70 K  Slaps total: 6039 6 K
They should comply
+24   

1 month ago '17        #5
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 96762 96 K  Slaps total: 27683 27 K
I really don't understand the anti vax movement at all. People are really going to get fired or quit because they don't care about their health??

1 month ago '19        #6
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 50806 50 K  Slaps total: 8553 8 K
 wesleypipes said
Goodbye new york you know they aint taking that sh*t
Facts! Not when DeSantis giving them $5k bonus to move to FL, Better weather and better pay its a no brainer lol.
+10   

1 month ago '20        #7
Habeas Corpus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 28174 28 K  Slaps total: 5714 5 K
 DUCEDUCE said
They should comply
 Ymmot said
I really don't understand the anti vax movement at all. People are really going to get fired or quit because they don't care about their health??
Only 1% has been calculated

+13   

1 month ago '04        #8
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
Props total: 18741 18 K  Slaps total: 15995 15 K
 Ymmot said
We're not all mindless sheep like you. Layoff the Rachel Maddow a little bit, and start thinking for yourself.
+13   

1 month ago '04        #9
jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60 OP
 GetYaCoinsKing said
Facts! Not when DeSantis giving them $5k bonus to move to FL, Better weather and better pay its a no brainer lol.
Better pay…lol I guess you never lived or worked in Florida
+13   

1 month ago '17        #10
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 88754 88 K  Slaps total: 32460 32 K
There’s gonna be so many lawsuits flying around by like mid 2023 I’ll say.
+10   

1 month ago '17        #11
 jlandryst said
If you’re getting more money, you’re getting paid better. Location is irrelevant.

1 month ago '04        #12
 SPdaGOAT said
If you’re getting more money, you’re getting paid better. Location is irrelevant.
What I’m saying is they don’t pay much in Florida for any job.
+13   

1 month ago '06        #13
datVAkid 
Props total: 37804 37 K  Slaps total: 6167 6 K
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
We're not all mindless sheep like you. Layoff the Rachel Maddow a little bit, and start thinking for yourself.
By listening to youtube?

1 month ago '20        #14
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 27960 27 K  Slaps total: 1864 1 K
 jlandryst said
Florida pay is lower right? I think a lot of those red states have a lower minimum wage but the cost of living is relatively lower so they can do more with their dollar.
+2   

1 month ago '20        #15
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 27960 27 K  Slaps total: 1864 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
There’s gonna be so many lawsuits flying around by like mid 2023 I’ll say.
Isn't there a HIPAA violation somewhere within these mandates?

1 month ago '18        #16
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 56272 56 K  Slaps total: 12215 12 K
From what I seen, NY easily got the nurses and doctors to submit. Many were down, but the others quit or got fired.

NY1 said the biggest pushback comes from

4 - teachers
3 - FDNY
2 - Tie between Sanitation and NYPD
1 - Corrections

Sanitation was supposed to pick my neighborhood's sh*t up Monday morning. Everywhere I drive out here, the garbage still out. Some of them were protesting on the bridge over the weekend too.

They scared of Corrections. They know who to give room and who to pick on. I think corrections got up to December.

1 month ago '20        #17

+4   

1 month ago '04        #18
 LordGimmeASign said
HIPPA has nothing to do with whether you are vaccinated for your job. HIPPA is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge.
+10   

1 month ago '17        #19
 LordGimmeASign said
There could be if certain information comes out that reveals… these weren’t really vaccines

1 month ago '04        #20
 LordGimmeASign said
Florida pay is lower right? I think a lot of those red states have a lower minimum wage but the cost of living is relatively lower so they can do more with their dollar.
Florida it’s a myth there is a lower cost of living here even in these little cities and towns prices going up. Rent, groceries, car insurance & gas all going up. And the pay here sucks.
+10   

1 month ago '13        #21
BrothaJoe 
Props total: 1416 1 K  Slaps total: 167 167
And now comes the real battle to prevent a post 9/11 social and lifestyle change. All those supporting pushing this vaccine onto people based on no merits. People need to realize this just the tip of the iceberg if we must choose between working or vaccinations theses people have been doing their jobs the entire time without complaints and this is how they are being rewarded. Having their option of choice pulled from them. Single largest erosion of freedom right before our eyes. All for these corporations and municipalities and governments to continue to profit off us the people.
+13   

1 month ago '16        #22
ELAH MENTAT 
Props total: 21982 21 K  Slaps total: 1651 1 K
 Ymmot said
Bro…

Shut the fu*k up…

I’m in better shape than you will ever be in and i’m older than you.

I care about what I put into my body and about exercising everyday.

Covid was tough but I still survived without man-made bullsh*t injected in my veins.

Mandates shouldn’t affect your employment period.

+6   

1 month ago '20        #23
 Ymmot said
;s=19

1 month ago '21        #24
brrrr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 732 732  Slaps total: 106 106
 Ymmot said
you just to fu*king stupid to comprehend so dont bother
+9   

1 month ago '17        #25
 brrrr said
you just to fu*king stupid to comprehend so dont bother
This. Hope everyone on here sees this post and leaves that bozo alone
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now