Manu and TP being Winners and sacrificing stats continiues to be punished

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+37  132
70 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '20        #1
893 page views
34 comments

finding formula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2565 2 K  Slaps total: 236 236
Manu and TP being Winners and sacrificing stats continiues to be punished

By 2030, dudes will be footnotes of playing with Duncan and Pop, sh*t is low key embarrassing tbh. Context won't exist even more in the future. From 99-2015, the West had 2x as many 50 win teams as the East.. Both played for the national teams almost every year also during this time, despite deep playoff runs EVERY year. Both have historically high winning percentages despite this

I'll say this, it's easier to predict players stats increasing with more useage, as opposed to other players automatically winning rings, by switching spots with them. I hear this argument a lot for whatever reason though. I'll take big game 5 and 7 performances after the 1st round over, any other sh*t that puts raw stat guys ahead of them....

Both should be in the top 75 tbh. I'd like to hear why they shouldn't tbh
+20   

best
worst
34 comments

1 month ago '12        #2
TRILL SH1T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 26130 26 K  Slaps total: 4091 4 K
Bruh they have 4 NBA titles, Finals MVP (TP), basketball HOF, Olympic Gold Medalist (MG), and are both very rich… trust me you care way more about them being on that list than they do lol
+12   

1 month ago '12        #3
Excel 
Props total: 7650 7 K  Slaps total: 1367 1 K
fu*k both of em

1 month ago '06        #4
soso24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 73746 73 K  Slaps total: 8567 8 K
Same case can be made for Dumars who Jordan called him his toughest defender, Klay who's outplayed both Dame & Russ in playoff series, & Dennis Johnson.
+5   

1 month ago '05        #5
rawchester 
Props total: 19261 19 K  Slaps total: 2438 2 K
These are facts. I remember Ginobili going toe to toe with every elite sg/sf at during some of those stretches. I regarded him as a top sg. Anyone watching at the time knew this but a few weeks ago I was debating Ginobili vs some new school sg and my boy told me "pull up the basketball reference"

When I pulled up his basketball reference it pails in comparison to his actual impact. My only argument was actually being there and watching him do it night in and night out.

It goes without saying, in my opinion, htat he could;ve easily averaged 25ppg as a #1. This is the guy that lead his team to win the 1st Olympics after the USA had their decades long dominance. A true leader and hooper.

I feel you OP. I feel you!!!
+17   

1 month ago '15        #6
Lockwind 
Props total: 2579 2 K  Slaps total: 1622 1 K
That’s why these lists don’t mean sh*t
+4   

1 month ago '10        #7
SmoothTay 
Props total: 88923 88 K  Slaps total: 10837 10 K
They got n*gga who shot wit one hand on that list
+2   

1 month ago '20        #8
finding formula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 soso24 said
Same case can be made for Dumars who Jordan called him his toughest defender, Klay who's outplayed both Dame & Russ in playoff series, & Dennis Johnson.
I hear you, Bryant has sung Manu's praises as well multiple times. We on the same page cause the GOATS know who can impact the games outside raw stats.. I heard Durant say Manu impacts the games more then the average fan would see, and that was when he was 37...

Dennis Johnson is a little before my time, but I heard all the great players of that era big him up as well.. He made a lot of big shots, and got a lot of big stops in big games against Detroit, LA, ATL, etc that we can kind of grasp his impact from just watching old games.
+4   

1 month ago '20        #9
finding formula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 rawchester said
These are facts. I remember Ginobili going toe to toe with every elite sg/sf at during some of those stretches. I regarded him as a top sg. Anyone watching at the time knew this but a few weeks ago I was debating Ginobili vs some new school sg and my boy told me "pull up the basketball reference"

When I pulled up his basketball reference it pails in comparison to his actual impact. My only argument was actually being there and watching him do it night in and night out.

It goes without saying, in my opinion, htat he could;ve easily averaged 25ppg as a #1. This is the guy that lead his team to win the 1st Olympics after the USA had their decades long dominance. A true leader and hooper.

Dude was one of the best pick n roll players I ever seen, and was mad efficient against one of the best defensive teams ever in Detroit in 05 in the finals. He isn't as good as Kobe, but figured out how to play against them better tbh... Denver was 32-8 to close the season that year, and beat SA in game 1. Duncan was hobbled most of the playoffs that season, and dude came through for them. A lot of people thought he should of won the finals MVP that year.

Argentina I don't think even qualified for the basketball olympics before 04. Lots of people bi*ch about the NBA rules being softer as opposed to FIBA rules, and he is a worst a top 5 player playing international ball. That alone gives me the impression, he would of been fine as a number 1 option. It's tricky cause he gets punished for not getting the chance, but winning at a historical rate as a 2nd option.
+3   

1 month ago '19        #10
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 32318 32 K  Slaps total: 23227 23 K
As I've said before, the problem with judging greatness is we judge everyone by the same standards/metrics.

Russell Westbrook has averaged a triple-double four out of the past five seasons, but I have doubts that most fans have him in their top 20 all-times.

Stats matter, but basketball is played by humans, and there are ways to impact a basketball game, in significant ways, that have nothing to do with numbers.

It is what it is, though.

1 month ago '16        #11
NatBurner 
Props total: 28278 28 K  Slaps total: 2375 2 K
I would take Manu over Luka Manu was elite on both sides of the ball

Offensively he would eat today

1 month ago '16        #12
kamal1978 
Props total: 5951 5 K  Slaps total: 2428 2 K
The whole list had only one none American player, which was the Greek freak

If I'm not mistaken

Even Pau Gasol got ignored

1 month ago '15        #13
rangerrick012  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 4128 4 K  Slaps total: 404 404
 kamal1978 said
The whole list had only one none American player, which was the Greek freak

If I'm not mistaken

Even Pau Gasol got ignored
Off the top of my head I know Hakeem and Dirk made it as well.
+2   

1 month ago '04        #14
Stu Shiesty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 30746 30 K  Slaps total: 6375 6 K
They'll both be hall of gamers first ballot they could probably give a fu*k about that list

1 month ago '06        #15
SuppaSlick 
Props total: 10803 10 K  Slaps total: 1550 1 K
The will be Hall of Famers if it makes you feel better

But when you sacrifice like those players did for the purpose of winning your individual brilliance will be diminished. That's just a fact but in sure they understood that and prioritized championships

1 month ago '16        #16
kamal1978 
Props total: 5951 5 K  Slaps total: 2428 2 K
 rangerrick012 said
I stand corrected

+1   

1 month ago '11        #17
eliwood 
Props total: 27719 27 K  Slaps total: 1663 1 K
 rangerrick012 said
Nash
+1   

1 month ago '21        #18
Linas Kleiza 
Props total: 11070 11 K  Slaps total: 6117 6 K
Two extremely overrated players. Especially Ginobli.

1 month ago '05        #19
Schavez98 
Props total: 7597 7 K  Slaps total: 1335 1 K
 rawchester said

Manu was a hustle guy first. Hustle donít got a stat.

1 month ago '18        #20
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10033 10 K  Slaps total: 2224 2 K
 Excel said
fu*k both of em

1 month ago '16        #21
GoCop 
Props total: 2814 2 K  Slaps total: 327 327
Manu is a fu*kin legend

that boy is a dog, he fu*kin balls his a*s off, no fear
+3   

1 month ago '13        #22
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16865 16 K  Slaps total: 5428 5 K
They definitely not top 75 all time lol
+2   

1 month ago '06        #23
philly337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52749 52 K  Slaps total: 15353 15 K
They not top 75...yall want to fit 200 people in the top 75
+1   

1 month ago '14        #24
Gordon Gartrell 
Props total: 57497 57 K  Slaps total: 5713 5 K
 rawchester said

been saying for years gimme ginobili over harden every day of the week.

1 month ago '14        #25
LuckiiWaviano  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 53498 53 K  Slaps total: 29156 29 K
 soso24 said
Joe def got robbed

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+114online now  22
Image(s) inside Nikola Tesla Predicted the Smartphone and the Internet in 1926
64 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+27online now  15
Video inside 800 LBs man meets internet girlfriend IRL
94 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-65online now  14
Video inside This man has no fear of approaching women! He hollers at every woman he..
242 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+46online now  12
Image(s) inside Bizzy Bone Sends A Message To Gangsta Boo After Versus
97 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy