Microsoft Makes 20 Billion Dollars of Profit for Q1 as Xbox Grows 16%

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '21        #1
1367 page views
38 comments

Starfield  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1893 1 K  Slaps total: 151 151
Microsoft Makes 20 Billion Dollars of Profit for Q1 as Xbox Grows 16%

Microsoft Corp. shares closed just shy of a record Tuesday, but the software giant still set an impressive new high after the session that pushed the shares toward a new peak.

Microsoft MSFT reported fiscal first-quarter earnings of $20.5 billion, or $2.71 a share, up from $1.82 a share a year ago and topping its quarterly profit record — set in the previous period — by more than $4 billion. Microsoft noted that about $3.3 billion of its profit was due to a one-time income-tax benefit related to the transfer of intangible products, but said earnings without that benefit would have been $2.27 a share, still easily higher than expectations.

Revenue increased to $45.3 billion from $37.15 billion, as cloud sales jumped by almost $4 billion from a year ago and personal-computer revenue handily beat expectations despite a reported slowdown in PC shipments. Analysts on average had predicted earnings of $2.08 a share on sales of $44 billion, according to FactSet.

+9   

best
worst
38 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 189694 189 K  Slaps total: 14007 14 K
Glad to see gaming is alive and well for all 3 and PC.

+6   

1 month ago '12        #3
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 187997 187 K  Slaps total: 11020 11 K
The random warning about using the hack in Destiny to get the orbs has me laughing

You was copying the links for the thread fast as hell @
+8   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #4
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 87629 87 K  Slaps total: 31752 31 K
I’m a*suming it grew 16% from Q1 2021? Still a good look for them even though it’s revenue and not profit

1 month ago '05        #5
Krazie 
Props total: 44011 44 K  Slaps total: 6810 6 K
$2.5 trillion market cap coming soon

1 month ago '20        #6
God is Good 
Props total: 14927 14 K  Slaps total: 13820 13 K
good for them

not sure why they're bragging about hardware revenue going up, considering absolutely nobody wanted an xbox one. It had nowhere to go but up

also, gamepass is only up 2% from a whole year ago. Guess folks are growing tired of those dollar menu download and play once games they offer.

1 month ago '04        #7
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3947 3 K  Slaps total: 678 678
Sony was already paying MS for cloud help, now Bungie crawled back too

You gots to go through MS at some point
+6   

1 month ago '20        #8
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x164
Props total: 86746 86 K  Slaps total: 17768 17 K

+7   

1 month ago '04        #9
Da Ill One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 16355 16 K  Slaps total: 1159 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
I’m a*suming it grew 16% from Q1 2021? Still a good look for them even though it’s revenue and not profit
Microsoft MSFT reported fiscal first-quarter earnings of $20.5 billion, or $2.71 a share, up from $1.82 a share a year ago and topping its quarterly profit record — set in the previous period — by more than $4 billion
+6   

1 month ago '12        #10
MetalGears  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13311 13 K  Slaps total: 1964 1 K
I See why Sony only guys are in fear now these fu*kers make 20 billion after operating cost every 3 months.
+3   

1 month ago '04        #11
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3947 3 K  Slaps total: 678 678
 MetalGears said
I See why Sony only guys are in fear now these fu*kers make 20 billion after operating cost every 3 months.
Ehh, to be fair, that's Microsoft as a whole, most of that money is from PC sh*t and the cloud

Xbox is definitely worth it to MS at this point though...Them taking gaming seriously and playing nice has allowed them push azure on these gaming companies which helps the mothership MS
+3   

1 month ago '18        #12
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 60858 60 K  Slaps total: 20651 20 K
 MetalGears said
they eventually will be bought also.

Everybody's got a price, could u picture that.

Microsoft playstation (a subsidary)

+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #13
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 87629 87 K  Slaps total: 31752 31 K
 Da Ill One said
Microsoft MSFT reported fiscal first-quarter earnings of $20.5 billion, or $2.71 a share, up from $1.82 a share a year ago and topping its quarterly profit record — set in the previous period — by more than $4 billion
Thats MS as a whole, I was talking about just Xbox. Appreciate this tho

1 month ago '05        #14
Chuck_Remixed  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16897 16 K  Slaps total: 714 714
There's not much here. They made 3.7billion in revenue. No mention of how much in profit. The rest are percentages with no hard numbers so theirs no context. Their gamepass and 1st party is categorized as "showing growth". This is just mostly obfuscating. I'm talking about the gaming division. You can barely call this transparency in comparison to Nintendo and Sony.

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 10-26-2021 at 08:17 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '05        #15
jondaincredible 
Props total: 1942 1 K  Slaps total: 128 128
Chess not checkers…
+2   

1 month ago '20        #16
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25986 25 K  Slaps total: 6613 6 K
good for MS' PC division

terrifyingly worrying that they're not being specific about xbox and gamepass numbers tho

1 month ago '12        #17
Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 32585 32 K  Slaps total: 8066 8 K
 D1dnt read said
good for MS' PC division

terrifyingly worrying that they're not being specific about xbox and gamepass numbers tho

Thats the part not being highlighted

Xbots are celebrating sh*t that has nothing to do with Xbox... They dont buy games

1 month ago '18        #18
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 43937 43 K  Slaps total: 6419 6 K
 Pleasure Boy said

Xbots are celebrating sh*t that has nothing to do with Xbox... They dont buy games
You can smell the hate in this post
+4   

1 month ago '04        #19
 Pleasure Boy said

Aren't alot of people out there you included always saying MS has no games? So now that the first party games are coming and they have to rely less on third party that's now a bad thing?
+5   

1 month ago '12        #20
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 187997 187 K  Slaps total: 11020 11 K
 Da Ill One said
Aren't alot of people out there you included always saying MS has no games? So now that the first party games are coming and they have to rely less on third party that's now a bad thing?
I was laughing at that argument on Neogaf when this news first come out.

First it was they don't have games, now that they have games and don't have to rely on third party for product sales as much its an issue

I rarely even give a sh*t about sales threads since you have things like Animal Crossing & Mario Kart 8 making all the money software wise - but the whole goalpost shift on that sh*t is hilarious to me.

Good for the folks at Microsoft I guess, I just want the games regardless of the platform - i'm buying on PC/Nintendo/Sony/MS
+5   

1 month ago '04        #21
 OldBusiness said
I was laughing at that argument on Neogaf when this news first come out.

First it was they don't have games, now that they have games and don't have to rely on third party for product sales as much its an issue

I rarely even give a sh*t about sales threads since you have things like Animal Crossing & Mario Kart 8 making all the money software wise - but the whole goalpost shift on that sh*t is hilarious to me.

Good for the folks at Microsoft I guess, I just want the games regardless of the platform - i'm buying on PC/Nintendo/Sony/MS
Same here us BuyItAll gang are the real winners here..
+4   

1 month ago '12        #22
MetalGears  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13311 13 K  Slaps total: 1964 1 K
 Pleasure Boy said

You are a idiot sir that just means less money is being spent on Fornite, Apex & Warzone. If you going to talk business know what you speak of. If there is 25 million ps5 consoles and only 588k copies of Reternal sold and 1 million of Ratchet & Clank who really isn’t buying games. If you have a base that is larger than switch there is no excuse for those games not to sell like Nintendo’s does then again there is a reason why ole Jimmy is porting everything to PC. One day you’ll have enough money to afford everything.
+3   

1 month ago '12        #23
LicensedLegend 
Props total: 10587 10 K  Slaps total: 1401 1 K
 MetalGears said
You are a idiot sir that just means less money is being spent on Fornite, Apex & Warzone. If you going to talk business know what you speak of. If there is 25 million ps5 consoles and only 588k copies of Reternal sold and 1 million of Ratchet & Clank who really isn’t buying games. If you have a base that is larger than switch there is no excuse for those games not to sell like Nintendo’s does then again there is a reason why ole Jimmy is porting everything to PC. One day you’ll have enough money to afford everything.
The last known number was 10 million ps5s have been sold.

1 month ago '18        #24
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10029 10 K  Slaps total: 2223 2 K
 Oswaldgatesjr said
they eventually will be bought also.

Everybody's got a price, could u picture that.

Microsoft playstation (a subsidary)

So they can make sh*tty versions of all Sony’s IPs?

That’s like DC taking over Marvel. We all know the result

1 month ago '21        #25
Dreamcast  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10115 10 K  Slaps total: 2176 2 K
more cap from tom warren

and this? "Bungie is relying on Microsoft's cloud to scale and operate its games."

lol @ microsoft still trying to act like the cloud is doing anything significant to their games

like for how long are they going to try and act like that's some ace up their sleeve?

they said the same stuff last gen and then put out stuff like sea of thieves and crackdown 3

Last edited by Dreamcast; 10-27-2021 at 10:32 AM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  23
Video inside Dec 2 - Joel Osten church finessin
87 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+58online now  17
Video inside Black Man orders Chinese food in fluent Chinese and they pretend they d..
137 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+105online now  15
Deion invited Brittany Renner to speak to his team
193 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside Sandra Bullock Admits She Isn’t As ‘Woke’ As She Thought Parenting 2 Bl..
85 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy