Oct 26 - Surprise! Cops BLATANTLY LIED about Philly passengers ignoring a r*pe victim

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+16  120
105 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '16        #1
2766 page views
37 comments

Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 83233 83 K  Slaps total: 11392 11 K
Oct 26 - Surprise! Cops BLATANTLY LIED about Philly passengers ignoring a r*pe victim

visit this link https://www.phillymag.com .. ed-septa-rape/

Last week, reports of a r*pe that occurred during a late-night SEPTA Market-Frankford elevated train ride garnered national and international coverage. Upper Darby police initially reported that a woman was r*ped while other riders looked on and failed to call 911. Even more disturbing, police claimed that riders not only did nothing to help the victim, but went so far as to film her s*xual a*sault on their cell-phone cameras.

“I can tell you that people were holding their phone up in the direction of this woman being attacked,” SEPTA chief Thomas Nestel III told the press at the time. “We want everyone to be angry, disgusted, and to join us in being resolute in keeping our system safe. We need the public to notify us when they see something that seems to be unusual.”

“It’s disturbing that there were definitely people on the El and no one did anything to intervene or help this woman,” Upper Darby’s police superintendent, Timothy Bernhardt, said at the time. “It speaks to where we are in society; I mean, who would allow something like that to take place? So it’s troubling.”

The shocking incident quickly became a lightning rod for outrage from women’s rights advocates as well.

“My greatest fear about it is twofold: One is that people just don’t care, and the other is that they thought this might have been consensual s*xual activity, and that’s what r*pe looked like to them,” Carol Tracy, executive director of the Women’s Law Project in Philadelphia, told the press at the time.

As dispiriting as these reports were, it’s become clear that nobody in the press or the public took a moment to question whether they were true. When I first read the headlines, I couldn’t believe that the city I’ve lived in for over a decade would be so cruel. I knew this wasn’t who we are. Philadelphians are scrappy, take-no-bullsh*t people who will step up and speak out when they see something is wrong. Someone was lying on us, and it made me go back and check the source.

And there you have it: The police lied big-fu*king-time.

“There is a narrative out there that people sat there on the El train and watched this transpire and took videos of it for their own gratification,” Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer said at a press conference on Thursday about the incident. “That is simply not true. It did not happen. We have security video from SEPTA that shows that is not the true narrative.”

According to Stollsteimer, initial reports lacked context: There weren’t a lot of people in the SEPTA car where the a*sault took place. Others who saw it were in and out of the train and might not have understood what was going on.

In other words, it was more complicated than the very black-and-white picture the cops tried to feed the public.

And then the backpedaling began: Bernhardt, who was at the press conference with Stollsteimer, now blames the misinformation on SEPTA officials, not the police superintendent.

On Friday, the Inquirer‘s Jenice Armstrong published a column claiming that “we were too quick to believe the worst” regarding the a*sault.

“The facts as previously outlined and that made headlines around the world didn’t add up,” Armstrong wrote. “As sketchy as SEPTA travel can get, I couldn’t wrap my mind around the concept of people on a train knowingly not going to the aid of a fellow passenger who was being r*ped.”

What seems to be missing in this conversation is that the “narrative out there” that made many “too quick to believe the worst” came from the police, who recklessly mischaracterized a group of people who could now be potential witnesses in helping the victim get justice.

The biggest mistake the media and public continue to make is believing the police the first time. Several stories ran with “police say” or “authorities say,” as if the institution hasn’t repeatedly revealed itself to be untrustworthy. With the constant reports of racial bias, s*xism and discrimination from police departments across the country, we should no longer blindly take their word for it. Police are people, and people lie — they are no exception.
Not posting the whole article. Give people doing important work a damn click, it's free.

I wish I could say I was surprised but as the article outlines - cops like constantly. And they've been lying more and more as they face pressure from vaccine mandates and pushes for police accountability. Cops around the country have lied about vaccine requirements when most of them have the option of masking and testing. And they lie about events like this one to make people feel unsafe, to make people feel like they're going to be living on the razor's edge if they do anything to rein in police corruption

Why isn't it illegal for police officers to lie on police reports? To the media? Why don't these fu*kers get fried up for perjury like we would if we were on the stand?
+44   

best
worst
37 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25952 25 K  Slaps total: 3772 3 K
Wow. Just fu*king.... wow. Terrible lies they feed us
+22   

1 month ago '20        #3
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 28148 28 K  Slaps total: 1884 1 K
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said
Wow. Just fu*king.... wow. Terrible lies they feed us
Both n*ggas in the media and on social media love dishing out this clout chase content.

Had a whole thread doing numbers with majority of us wondering why people would ignore it...
+23   

1 month ago '17        #4
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 88905 88 K  Slaps total: 32536 32 K
Cops and prosecutors, we need to get all these fu*kfaces outta here
+19   

1 month ago '04        #5
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 41022 41 K  Slaps total: 3186 3 K
Us Philly heads was trying to tell y'all they was lying about the sh*ts...
They was trying to shift blame
+28   

1 month ago '04        #6
ohhohh 
Props total: 8233 8 K  Slaps total: 727 727
Why lie about sh*t like this? What does this accomplish besides people getting mad at something else in this world?
+7   

1 month ago '16        #7
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14 OP
Props total: 83233 83 K  Slaps total: 11392 11 K
 ohhohh said
Why lie about sh*t like this? What does this accomplish besides people getting mad at something else in this world?
Cops get bigger budgets, more toys, higher pay, more power, and less accountability the more scared people are. When people feel safe their budgets get cut. They don't want you to feel safe.
+34   

1 month ago '05        #8
Rockstar718 
Props total: 36493 36 K  Slaps total: 3093 3 K

Glad to see real journalism pop up on here

fu*k taking any government entity at its word. They have all proven themselves untrustworthy and we need a better systems of checks and balances if we aren't going to burn the whole sh*t down and start fresh
+13   

1 month ago '12        #9
daman729 
Props total: 78686 78 K  Slaps total: 3275 3 K
Shouts out to them Philly cats on BX who called that sh*t out. Forgot their usernames.
+27   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '16        #10
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x55
Props total: 118775 118 K  Slaps total: 23349 23 K
them mf be using deep fake to change the footage it's highly important to have them police cams live to where anybody can see what they doing live at anytime. they got cams to see what we doing we want to see what they doing
+5   

1 month ago '04        #11
erickonasis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 87385 87 K  Slaps total: 9492 9 K
 daman729 said
Shouts out to them Philly cats on BX who called that sh*t out. Forgot their usernames.
Right here
+20   

1 month ago '12        #12
daman729 
Props total: 78686 78 K  Slaps total: 3275 3 K
 erickonasis said
Right here

NAKHI ALLAH said
Thx for the shout out

+8   

1 month ago '04        #13
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 41022 41 K  Slaps total: 3186 3 K
 daman729 said
Thx for the shout out
+17   

1 month ago '21        #14
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10554 10 K  Slaps total: 1674 1 K

police lie
+7   

1 month ago '05        #15
brooklyn2philly 
Props total: 2134 2 K  Slaps total: 328 328
Unsolved murders = police
+7   

1 month ago '21        #16
CrookByTheBook 
Props total: 1760 1 K  Slaps total: 251 251
Y’all fools who believed this blatantly false story also probably believed that an entire airplane full of people got taken over by a dude with a box cutter
+8   

1 month ago '05        #17
SquirrelXss 
Props total: 9850 9 K  Slaps total: 2935 2 K
Cliffs??

1 month ago '18        #18
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47236 47 K  Slaps total: 3871 3 K
Police in nyc ignored a whole stabbing on the train. Dude sued the city and lost. He stopped an armed nut while two cops sat in the conductors booth and watched. Police ain't sh*t.
+14   

1 month ago '14        #19
familybuster 
Props total: 2178 2 K  Slaps total: 95 95
 SquirrelXss said
Cliffs??
The police want us to believe that they are the only ones who can save us from ourselves.
+5   

1 month ago '16        #20
Knucklez 
Props total: 44373 44 K  Slaps total: 4147 4 K
 ohhohh said
i guess its basically tryna say "see? we need more cops and more money in the police force. You cant even protect yourselves"
+3   

1 month ago '10        #21
rich21886 
Props total: 3041 3 K  Slaps total: 176 176
 daman729 said
Was one of the first on that post & caught the slaps just for talking in reality & living here. Story was shaky when I first heard it. I took the story seriously cuz this sh*t literally happened like 2 stops away from where I live. My lil sis catch the train from her classes all the time & often ask me to meet her so this hit home. The initial story the news released actually explained why ppl might not have knew what was going on. Then the story changed to make the general public look worse. DA was probably pissed the cops made it hard for them to have witnesses come forth due to their guilting them.
+16   

1 month ago '21        #22
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15155 15 K  Slaps total: 3687 3 K
Hope the vaccine mandates gut police forces across the country. fu*k those good ol' boys.
+6   

1 month ago '07        #23
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x126
Props total: 252765 252 K  Slaps total: 22496 22 K
 ohhohh said
Fact's...

#LAFB

+2   

1 month ago '05        #24
projectd06 
Props total: 33219 33 K  Slaps total: 7935 7 K
 SquirrelXss said
Cliffs??
People believe anything they read
+4   

1 month ago '16        #25
fam 
Props total: 5328 5 K  Slaps total: 2205 2 K
a good rule of thumb is that if the only evidence is police testimony it's likely false
+7   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+107online now  13
Video inside She actually has a point
134 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Dec 7 - Teenager behe@ded sister as mother held victim's legs
60 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+130online now  10
Dude Tells Joel Osteen He's A Piece Of Sh*t As They Take A Selfie Together
150 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+82online now  9
dr j says his tennis playing daughter was only born cause her mother had b..
155 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy