Oct 26 - Churchgoers Shocked After Their Pastor Is Arrested for Sex Crimes

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
90 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '07        #1
1264 page views
33 comments

yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 97904 97 K  Slaps total: 12533 12 K
Oct 26 - Churchgoers Shocked After Their Pastor Is Arrested for s*x Crimes

Churchgoers in Cresco, Pennsylvania were shocked leaving Sunday morning mass after they were informed that their Pastor had been arrested for alleged s*x crimes against a minor.

Father Gregory Loughney was arrested Friday by the Pocono Mountain Regional Police Department and charged with four counts connected to alleged inappropriate contact with a minor after a successful internet sting operation.

According to police, Loughney believed he was communicating with a 15-year-old boy he met through Tinder.

He continued to communicate with the minor on a text free app and "talked about performing s*xual acts on whom he believed was a 15-year-old minor male named 'Cyrus.'"

Loughney also said the boy should bring his friend so they could all "get s*xually intimate together," according to a press release from police.

Allegedly Loughney arranged to meet up with the boy at a local business on Friday when he was arrested at the scene.

After his arrest, Loughney told police that he cooked dinner and baked cookies for the boy and his friend.

He also acknowledged that he talked to the minor in a s*xual nature.

Loughney was arraigned on Saturday morning on charges of criminal attempt of statutory s*xual a*sault and corruption of minors.

He also faces charges for indecent a*sault on someone younger than 16 and criminal use of a communication facility.

According to the r*pe, Abuse & Incest National Network, the largest anti-s*xual violence organization in the United States, nearly two out of three child victims are between the ages of 12 and 17.

RAINN also reported that perpetrators of s*xual violence oftentimes know their victim and that out of every 1,000 of these perpetrators, 520 will be released while awaiting trial.

"These things are unpredictable; you never know when it happens," parishioner Estelle Yessoh told WNEP.

"It is really sad to hear it, but we are all human, and as a Christian, we always say, you know, we get tempted by the devil."

Members of the church said Loughney had been part of their community for years and that he was supportive and loving of all the families.

"I hope it's not true because nothing like that should be happening," Marie Herd told WNEP.

"Father Gregory, he's very, very nice. I don't know what's going on, what happened."

During Sunday morning's sermon, a priest read a statement that Loughney was removed from active ministry by the Diocese of Scranton, pending the outcome of the investigation.

"That transparency, I would say, gave us some type of safe feeling, that nothing is hidden from us and that we are protected no matter what," Yessoh told WNEP.

On Sunday, the Scranton Diocese released a statement about Loughney's arrest.

"Learning the details of the behavior with which Father Loughney has been charged is extremely upsetting," Bishop Bambera said in the statement.

"In no way is this alleged behavior to be tolerated in the life and ministry of a priest."

The statement also said that parishes, schools, and diocesan facilities where Loughney ministered must be notified about the charges brought against him.

Loughney was brought to the Monroe County Correctional Facility but was released after he paid the $75,000 bail.

He is due to appear in court again on November 4.

best
worst
33 comments

1 month ago '07        #2
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63 OP
shocked?

could they not see him?
+15   

1 month ago '07        #3
but wait

+6   

1 month ago '07        #4
and then

+7   

1 month ago '04        #5
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 34091 34 K  Slaps total: 8240 8 K
death to all pedos
+10   

1 month ago '07        #6
tis the season?

+3   

1 month ago '17        #7
Coffee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 51426 51 K  Slaps total: 10790 10 K
All white men are gay. All of them.

I'm never surprised when a white man gets exposed for being gay. Never.

They're always gay, gay okay, or on the cusp. All of them.

Tom Brady, Matthew Mcconaughey, Joe Rogan, Anthony Fauci, Bob Iger, all of them, all of them, Machine Gun Kelly, Donald Trump and Donald Trump Jr, Baron Trump, Tim Cook, Harry Styles, Michael Bay, whoever...

Name a white guy, any random white guy and think of everything you know about him and then, pause and tell yourself you'd be surprised if he was gay.

You wouldn't.

Admit it. You wouldn't. You'd almost expect it. You subconsciously suspect it.

+13   

1 month ago '07        #8
here's some summer throwbacks

1 month ago '20        #9
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 20251 20 K  Slaps total: 33777 33 K
 Coffee said

Tom Brady, Matthew Mcconaughey, Joe Rogan, Anthony Fauci, Bob Iger, all of them, all of them, Machine Gun Kelly, Donald Trump and Donald Trump Jr, Baron Trump, Tim Cook, Harry Styles, Michael Bay, whoever...

Name a white guy, any random white guy and think of everything you know about him and then, pause and tell yourself you'd be surprised if he was gay.

You wouldn't.

1 month ago '16        #10
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x55
Props total: 118764 118 K  Slaps total: 23345 23 K
death penalty
+2   

1 month ago '08        #11
Lot17 
Props total: 5777 5 K  Slaps total: 1162 1 K
 Coffee said

You wouldn't.

I feel like I read this post already some a week or two ago, am I tripping or what
+5   

1 month ago '19        #12
DadeCounty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 57276 57 K  Slaps total: 5264 5 K
@

What are you guys gonna do without a pastor now??

+5   

1 month ago '21        #13
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10553 10 K  Slaps total: 1674 1 K

I mean look at him
+7   

1 month ago '21        #14
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10553 10 K  Slaps total: 1674 1 K
 DadeCounty said
@

+4   

1 month ago '17        #15
Coffee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 51426 51 K  Slaps total: 10790 10 K
 Lot17 said
I feel like I read this post already some a week or two ago, am I tripping or what
Nah, you did. Not the exact one but one just like it.
+2   

1 month ago '20        #16
God is Good 
Props total: 15159 15 K  Slaps total: 14170 14 K
 DadeCounty said
@

I keep telling your gay a*s to stop quoting me with fu*k sh*t

1 month ago '19        #17
DadeCounty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 57276 57 K  Slaps total: 5264 5 K
 Keep God First said
I keep telling your gay a*s to stop quoting me with fu*k sh*t

Pastor touched you too?
+4   

1 month ago '20        #18
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42522 42 K  Slaps total: 7896 7 K
The flesh is weak

1 month ago '17        #19
92baby 
Props total: 88906 88 K  Slaps total: 11616 11 K
If n*ggas was the most known for touching children

They’d have extreme sentences a new task force group
And all kind of sh*t

sh*t is insane

But they wanna give mutha fu*kas multiple years for talking on the phone cuz they think he selling dope

fu*k the police pedos and rico
+6   

1 month ago '15        #20
Hellmatic 
Props total: 47109 47 K  Slaps total: 4580 4 K
Its fu*ked up but at this point you should be shocked if your pastor isn't doing s*x crimes
+9   

1 month ago '17        #21
92baby 
Props total: 88906 88 K  Slaps total: 11616 11 K
 Hellmatic said
Its fu*ked up but at this point you should be shocked if your pastor isn't doing s*x crimes
Pastors get on my nerves

Mutha fu*kas stand on top of their ugly a*s high horse and judge the whole fu*king Sunday

bi*ch you a sinner too

fu*k outta here I canít stand church now

Mutha fu*kas think they better than B everybody cuz they attend church

Mutha fu*kas that donít go to church be the most righteous
+3   

1 month ago '17        #22
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 17840 17 K  Slaps total: 1815 1 K
"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them." - Matthew 7:15-20

1 month ago '15        #23
Hellmatic 
Props total: 47109 47 K  Slaps total: 4580 4 K
 92baby said
Pastors get on my nerves

Mutha fu*kas stand on top of their ugly a*s high horse and judge the whole fu*king Sunday

bi*ch you a sinner too

fu*k outta here I canít stand church now

Mutha fu*kas think they better than B everybody cuz they attend church

Mutha fu*kas that donít go to church be the most righteous
Its like Bill cosby. One could read the Bible on their own and find the interpretation of the texts elsewhere if they're confused. Theres really no use in having someone do it, the pastors are human just like us they dont come from the sky. But then again I dont believe in none of this stuff so I guess religiously it makes people closer to God having someone preach
+1   

1 month ago '06        #24
anynameado 
Props total: 6898 6 K  Slaps total: 2908 2 K
 yola said
tis the season?

Its hard to believe this one. Black women are known liars. And it starts from childhood

1 month ago '05        #25
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 89458 89 K  Slaps total: 3877 3 K
 Hellmatic said
Its like Bill cosby. One could read the Bible on their own and find the interpretation of the texts elsewhere if they're confused. Theres really no use in having someone do it, the pastors are human just like us they dont come from the sky. But then again I dont believe in none of this stuff so I guess religiously it makes people closer to God having someone preach
True, in theory you could read The Bible on ya own and just play the crib...

...but in its essence church/mosque/synagogue/temple is SUPPOSED to be about the fellowship with people that believe the same thing you do and are trying to navigate life just like you - many of those people are broken...

...and I can only speak for pastors because thatís all I know, but man they ainít no better than ANY of us, matter of fact - most times they worse off - their gift is the ability of public speaking, no more, no less...

...there shall be no capiní for pedos whatsoever tho - donít care who you are - enjoy jail.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+129online now  19
Dude Tells Joel Osteen He's A Piece Of Sh*t As They Take A Selfie Together
149 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+81online now  12
dr j says his tennis playing daughter was only born cause her mother had b..
153 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  8
Dec 7 - Teenager behe@ded sister as mother held victim's legs
59 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  7
Hit Maka/ yung berg gotta stop with the sample?
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy