Oct 25 - ‘We will not comply!’: NYC workers protest vax with march across Brooklyn Bridge

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
17 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '08        #1
4578 page views
129 comments

ByrdManJR. 
Props total: 286 286  Slaps total: 123 123
Oct 25 - ‘We will not comply!’: NYC workers protest vax with march across Brooklyn Bridge

City workers took to the streets Monday to protest Mayor Bill de Blasio’s vaccine mandate for the entire municipal workforce.

At least 20 people were arrested during the protest, a police source said.

Days after the mayor announced that all government employees except for jail staff will need to receive a vaccine shot by Friday or be placed on unpaid leave, about 5,000 incensed demonstrators marched over the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan.

Many carried American flags, chanting, “F–k de Blasio” and “We will not comply!”

Some protesters wore NYPD and FDNY shirts, and several hoisted Gadsden “Don’t Tread on Me” flags, while others took to the extreme of wearing yellow stars of David to compare the inoculation requirement to Nazi Germany’s persecution of Jews.

“Now, [after] working after countless of emergencies — Hurricane Sandy, the snowstorms … I am under threat. We are under threat of losing our livelihood for simply retaining the choice of protecting our bodies,” fumed firef*ghter Sofia Medina after the crowd reached City Hall.

“Why now are we being bribed and coerced to take a medication. … We are not now nor have ever been a public health threat.”

“Leave us alone and let us work,” she said to de Blasio. “Get out of the way for those of us who want to work and show up on time.”

“Mayor de Blasio wants to paint us as immoral, unsafe, and a danger to the public. To the citizens of the city, we want to continue protecting you,” bellowed
Paul Schweit, who was wearing an FDNY shirt.

“Thousands of good cops and city municipal workers stand to lose their jobs,” said a police officer. “Are the good people of New York City confident adequate people will fill those positions. I’m frightened of what comes next?”

The cop wondered, “Under the authority of Mayor de Blasio, what will be the next order for the NYPD?”

Another member of the city’s police force addressed NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea, who supports a vaccine mandate.

“To Police Commissioner Shea: We have always been prepared to lay down our lives in defense of ours, will you run to our aid or stand idly by?” said a male cop, addressing the protesters.

The protest against City Hall’s new policy comes after de Blasio on Wednesday announced that the test-or-shot requirement would be replaced by an outright vaccine rule.

City employees — including firef*ghters and cops — will be mandated to get their first dose by 5 p.m. Friday, the mayor said. Members of the city workforce who have not started their vaccine series by Nov. 1 will be placed on unpaid leave until they provide proof of vaccination.

Previously, only Department of Education staff and city health workers were required to be inoculated against COVID-19.

As an incentive, holdouts who agree to receive a jab will get a $500 paycheck boost.

Correction officers have until Dec. 1 to receive their first shot, due to an ongoing staffing shortage at the beleaguered Rikers Island.

Some city workers who already got their shots told The Post they viewed not receiving the hundreds of dollars reward as a sign of “disrespect.”

The demonstration follows a mob of anti-vaxxers gathering outside the Barclays Center on Sunday to support Nets star Kyrie Irving, whom the team is not allowing to play because he has not yet been vaccinated.
+39   

best
worst
129 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 86336 86 K  Slaps total: 30961 30 K
Sheesh
+3   

1 month ago '04        #3
youngmec 
Props total: 2477 2 K  Slaps total: 259 259
ya'll be safe out there
+7   

1 month ago '18        #4
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 98179 98 K  Slaps total: 10002 10 K
Interesting stuff

Edit : I ain’t gonna lie though. I got the shot but I went to eat at a restaurant a couple days ago and they asked for my vaccine proof . That sh*t felt mad intrusive .
+35   

1 month ago '21        #5
JayMurdoch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17361 17 K  Slaps total: 3121 3 K

+31   

1 month ago '17        #6
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 115310 115 K  Slaps total: 13862 13 K

That sick til proven healthy sh*t is ridiculous. They gon fu*k around and find out the minute they try to force vaccinate the kids.
+36   

1 month ago '17        #7
 S-Class said
Interesting stuff

Edit : I ain’t gonna lie though. I got the shot but I went to eat at a restaurant a couple days ago and they asked for my vaccine proof . That sh*t felt mad intrusive .
It is. I’m surprised nobody has tried a doctor patient confidentiality suit yet
+3   

1 month ago '16        #8
alejandrugas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6101 6 K  Slaps total: 295 295
I’m not anti Vax but I feel them. My job mandated vaccines pretty much. They were making my life so damn hard that I caved in. I need my job. I worked the whole pandemic, wearing a mask, keeping my hands and workspace clean and whatever else I had to do to stay safe. It’s crazy when you have those people who got the vaccine and start trying to guilt you or speak down on you if you haven’t gotten it. I could see if the vaccine made you immune and unable to spread it but it doesn’t
+68   

1 month ago '05        #9
bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 11779 11 K  Slaps total: 3226 3 K
I think this is just another way to destroy the middle class force a mandate , get people to quit like they have been. I think that could be one of the reasons why there are so many job openings, people don't want to get this so they won't work, because if they do they will be forced to. A lot of jobs are losing workers because of this hospitals first responders factory and retail workers are all calling it quits rather then get the shot. It should be get the shot or get tested once a week But who cares what de Blasio says he ruined NYC and its going to take years to fix what he has done.
+16   

1 month ago '17        #10
 bobbysteels18 said
I think this is just another way to destroy the middle class force a mandate , get people to quit like they have been. I think that could be one of the reasons why there are so many job openings, people don't want to get this so they won't work, because if they do they will be forced to. A lot of jobs are losing workers because of this hospitals first responders factory and retail workers are all calling it quits rather then get the shot. It should be get the shot or get tested once a week But who cares what de Blasio says he ruined NYC and its going to take years to fix what he has done.
All facts
+6   

1 month ago '07        #11
Jeet Kune Do 
Props total: 10879 10 K  Slaps total: 1010 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
It is. I’m surprised nobody has tried a doctor patient confidentiality suit yet
+3   

1 month ago '06        #12
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 29691 29 K  Slaps total: 7292 7 K
 bobbysteels18 said
To what purpose?

1 month ago '17        #13
@ following me around this site and slapping all my posts instead of being out here putting these anti vaxxers in their place
+5   

1 month ago '15        #14
JayJedi 
Props total: 6337 6 K  Slaps total: 381 381
 alejandrugas said
I’m not anti Vax but I feel them. My job mandated vaccines pretty much. They were making my life so damn hard that I caved in. I need my job. I worked the whole pandemic, wearing a mask, keeping my hands and workspace clean and whatever else I had to do to stay safe. It’s crazy when you have those people who got the vaccine and start trying to guilt you or speak down on you if you haven’t gotten it. I could see if the vaccine made you immune and unable to spread it but it doesn’t
My man, this is my fu*king point - if it stopped the spread then I would understand, but the sh*t doesn’t and you can still die, vaccine and all so why the fu*k mandate it? Smartest thing to do would have been to continue the mandated testing 2x a week but everything about this is fu*kin stupid.

And my CEO tried to guilt me too, I’m the Director of a program and this bih gona tell my supervisor why I wasn’t setting a better example for my staff by getting vaccinated when I was on the staff’s side about not wanting to get vaccinated. Had to get the damn shot because I need my job but I wasn’t trying to get it
+18   

1 month ago '11        #15
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 166427 166 K  Slaps total: 23186 23 K
Biden and deblasio both suck
+28   

1 month ago '17        #16
 Sin said
Biden and deblasio both suck
Worst at their position in history imo
+6   

1 month ago '12        #17
Heisenberg  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 49283 49 K  Slaps total: 7453 7 K
 Jeet Kune Do said
You knew the bad hipaa take was coming
+4   

1 month ago '17        #18
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 115310 115 K  Slaps total: 13862 13 K
 SPdaGOAT said
@ following me around this site and slapping all my posts instead of being out here putting these anti vaxxers in their place
Tell me about it

I ain't about to argue with the 9th man off the bench. If I gotta battle the Liberal Trans Mafia on BX, y'all can't at least send a capo? (Naga Sadow)

Ymmot is their leader. Why ghetto want us to argue with him and he a foot soldier?
+16   

1 month ago '17        #19
 Heisenberg said
You knew the bad hipaa take was coming
When that vaccine irrevocably determined as ineffective or even harmful, watch the floodgates open

1 month ago '11        #20
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 166427 166 K  Slaps total: 23186 23 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Worst at their position in history imo
Biden still has time to recover, but i doubt it once democrats lose big in midterms
+4   

1 month ago '17        #21
 TheLastNonEarth said
Tell me about it

I ain't about to argue with the 9th man off the bench. If I gotta battle the Liberal Trans Mafia on BX, y'all can't at least send a capo? (Naga Sadow)

Ymmot is their leader. Why ghetto want us to argue with him and he a foot soldier?

He know he ain’t sh*t tho that’s why he just resorts to slapping and corny a*s memes
+6   

1 month ago '21        #22
Aztec King 
Props total: 7923 7 K  Slaps total: 2050 2 K
CrimeBill Biden's American Government. Most of boxden voted for him, it's y'all's fault.
+13   

1 month ago '16        #23
alejandrugas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6101 6 K  Slaps total: 295 295
 JayJedi said
My man, this is my fu*king point - if it stopped the spread then I would understand, but the sh*t doesn’t and you can still die, vaccine and all so why the fu*k mandate it? Smartest thing to do would have been to continue the mandated testing 2x a week but everything about this is fu*kin stupid.

And my CEO tried to guilt me too, I’m the Director of a program and this bih gona tell my supervisor why I wasn’t setting a better example for my staff by getting vaccinated when I was on the staff’s side about not wanting to get vaccinated. Had to get the damn shot because I need my job but I wasn’t trying to get it
Your story is my story bro. The mandate just isn’t right. And on top of that, I caught a little fever both times and had to sleep almost the whole day because it wiped me out. I rarely get sick. Most of the people I know were also pretty much forced to get it as well to keep their jobs smh
+13   

1 month ago '12        #24
daman729 
Props total: 78173 78 K  Slaps total: 3250 3 K
Its a lot of walkouts and protests nationally and the tv media aint covering it. Atleast it doesn't seem like it. 911(fire, police, ems), General Electric, Lockheed Martin and its a lot more. They dont want the public to know its a lot of people being noncompliant on a major scale . All that senile fu*k had to do was let people have a choice without losing their livelihood smh.
+22   

1 month ago '17        #25
sweetermanz 
Props total: 1456 1 K  Slaps total: 284 284
 bobbysteels18 said
It’s crazy cause with these people quitting all I ask is “how they paying the bills?” Bills don’t stop.

Hopefully they run a little biz, trade stocks/crypto or just have a safety net.
+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-35online now  16
Nov 27 - Transgender Ped0phile is transferred to a female prison and r@pes his..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+114online now  12
Image(s) inside rottweiler/german shepard mix gotta be the coolest dog
109 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside Coinbase scamming if you get too grown on them...
128 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  9
Article inside Kevin Hart's New Series "True Story" is FIRE. I THOUGHT KOUNTY WAYNE ..
63 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy